Are you renewing Amazon Prime after the price increase?

Attached: Capture.png (1124x596, 103K)

>paying for shit you literally can get for free with absolutely no fucking risk involved

>being this jewish

Just pay for the express shipping like a non-leech

ok enlighten me, how do I get free two day shipping on all my amazon shit?
sure you can pirate all their shitty shows and music, but the two day shipping is pretty awesome and totally worth $120 if you buy enough stuff on amazon.

Get 4-5 day shipping you impatient fuck

the point is that its free not that its fast
if you order a lot of stuff on amazon it pays for itself. say you are ordering a $20 part, you are going to have to pay shipping on that and its going to be slow anyway, might as well get prime for fast free shipping.

With the price increase you have to order about 2-3 packages a month to break even on the sub, so really it isn't worth it as a value unless you order 3+ packages a month or heavily use their streaming service.

>how do I get free two day shipping on all my amazon shit?

You create a new account and get the free trial

so its worth it to me.
You all need to stop complaining that some people need to order lots of stuff online. if you don't like the price increase then don't use the service.

>free

Attached: 1513241564590.png (645x729, 81K)

I only pay like $60 a year because of college student discount. How does this affect me?

gratis shipping when?

>How does this affect me?
$60 less weedmoney

Yeah because it only costs 20€
>Americacucks

Paying for shipping each time would be way more than $120 a year, so yeah its way cheaper ie free.

Exactly. For you it is worth it. For me I did the math and it isn't. Also I hate their streaming service and I have netflix which is much better.

>Are you renewing Amazon Prime after the price increase?
No
Maybe when we can get DRM-jew free 4K/48fps The Grand Tour

I scammed Amazon, I enrolled in college to get the student discount they don't even know and I'm already 2 years I to my degree. Ultimate prank.

Definitely worth it, you get twitch prime and the shows with it. I actually been amazon prime member for like 4 years and actually having my shit arrive the next day or two is really convenient.

>The Grand Tour

Attached: 1494360806154.png (208x206, 115K)

Fuck off varg.
Just because it's not some shit 'slice of life' anime featuring children.

Stop posting murderers.

I'll stop posting varg when you grow a taste in television.

I'm paying $35 because I'm a student, that's been worth it in my opinion. I wouldn't have paid the full price, and I'm planning on dropping prime when I no longer get the student discount.

>my taste > your taste
Kids...

I don't have a TV, murdererposter

So we're doing this now?

Attached: murderfs.jpg (769x1024, 51K)

>taste
>television

No, taking the free 4-5 day shipping would be free. You're just paying for your not-free shipping on a yearly flat-rate plan instead of on a per-shipment plan. In other words you're paying over a hundred bucks a year because you can't plan ahead an additional two or three days when you buy shit, and you're very pleased with this because otherwise you'd be paying even more money for your sloppiness.

Amazon recently outsourced delivery in my area to Somalians in unmarked vehicles who barely speak English. Contacting multiple Amazon sales reps confirmed this was an intentional business decision by the company.
So I don't buy from Amazon anymore, full stop.

listen, faggot, slice of life is fun to watch. i have to deal with faggot shit all day and that's how i relax.

>two day shipping
Is this really the state of Americucks, in Europe you get stuff delivered next business day.

>slice of life is fun to watch.
Bugs like you should be euthanized.

>small vs big
Nigga Texas is like the entire size of Europe.

No, but i was cancelling it anyways because its not worth the money and i already own too much cheap chinese shit

screw you and your trips

Attached: 1524083640544.jpg (236x236, 15K)

Hasn't increased here, and it's still one-day shipping here.

You should however figure out if the value you get from Prime is worth the cost for you: not everything has Prime-included expedited shipping, the streaming service is okay I guess and I have a tool that can stream-capture and break the DRM which is handy (how did you think those releases happen?) but some of the other stuff isn't good (the storage got nerfed into oblivion because some people took the piss too much and now they only let you store unencrypted photos, and fuck if I'm letting Jeff Bezos see my face). Some things are only available to buy if you have Prime: I don't see the point in that but I think it's because the shipping costs play havoc with their logistics.

If Prime was two-day shipping over here like it is in the US, I'd drop it because I wouldn't consider it worth it.

If you're planning to buy some things close together and the cost of the shipping you need is more than the cost of a month of Prime, then obviously.

I'm not a fan of the "free trial" dark pattern and they're egregious abusers of it, and the company and Jeff Bezos in particular are Evil™ and an incredibly shitty company to work for at every level from the warehouse worker-compared-to-literal-drone right up to the poor SREs, but that doesn't change the actual deal on offer.

>Prime
>expedited
>next-day delivery
>standard delivery
>free delivery
tl;dr Amazon has your shit locked up in a warehouse, but depending on how much extra you're preapred to pay dictates where you are on the picking queue. Amazon Prime is basically next-day delivery. But fuck it, I'm not paying extra just to get my shit a little quicker. I'm not in any particular rush.

I just cancelled mine. Amazon is a pretty shitty company anyway.

Not american, they're increasing the price here too. I won't renew it, the only use I have is the fast delivery but they're increasing only to add music, cloud space and such which I don't care about. Doubt they'll ever make different bundles

No it isn't.

>the absolute state of euro ducation
I want my things now.

Over 100 orders in the last 6 months. Of course I will keep prime it more than pays for itself....even if Bezzos is a purely evil person. Its just too beneficial.

Attached: 1525229607083.jpg (750x607, 378K)

If you don't order much and have Prime then all you're doing is subsidizing Bugmen who order 20 items a week.

They figure it out if you keep shipping to the same location

Then ship it to your mom's boyfriend.

It's two day shipping*****

Standard Shipping is free on amazon for any order over $25 you imbecile.

won't be long until you need premium for free shipping, sweety

Not him, but at least now it is. Before they had it raised to 55 dollars at one point. That shipping is also god awful slow, most likely purposely. I'm waiting on a new soldering iron and multi-meter and the bastards still have yet to ship it out, and for some reason they've charged me, refunded me, and charged me again. I have no intentions of paying for prime though.

you're fucking retarded. it doesn't pay for itself. you don't need 2 day shipping. your shit will still get to you just the same and you save $120 and not be a fucking idiot for paying for nothing.

that's when i stop using amazon, mongrel. plenty of other online shops to buy shit from.

it literally takes an additional 2 days over free. unless you live in the middle of butt-fuck-nowhere it's literally fucking nothing

My estimated delivery is from today (21st) until the 25th. Still hasn't shipped. I'm just saying how shitty amazon is, not trying to advocate that people pay for prime. Funny enough, warehouse is in my state too, they do this shit on purpose to try to make you want prime.

The only reason I use amazon is because of its convenience, the free shipping is a part of that. I already order a lot of stuff from ebay and have been getting chinksit from gearbest and alibaba, them taking away free shiping would just make me stop using it.

kindle is also DRM'd in the ass yet normies still buy them

Yes. If you buy more than 20 things within the year and watch Amazon Prime Video, its worth it.

I didn't know bad dragon was prime eligible.

>$120
Holy shit. I'm getting it for free as a student. That's an insane price. Is it for a year?

I need to make use of my Amazon Prime credit card so yes :^)

fuck off shill. amazon prime is shit and impulse buyer/consumerist mentality is a cancer.

>impulse buyer/consumerist mentality is a cancer.
I agree. Wish more people thought that way, so we can establish proper stateless communist Utopia where people move science not for war and consumer shit but for the idea.

You sound buttblasted communist scum.

I've bought accesories for my firearms, a pair of falken ziex 912 for my car, and the timing belt and water pump and gaskets to fix my other car through amazon. Prime also allowed me to select free 1 day shipping for a special sized tool I needed the next day and was cheaper than any autoparts store near me. All within a couple of days and not having to drive around town shopping for things let me use the time to finish mounting and sighting my rifle scope and get started on fixing my car. I like this over having to make lines for bread.

Attached: 0B302E1515084D0CAC213F8829A0979F.jpg (1270x695, 54K)

>impulse
>consumerism
Where else can you get basically all non-food purchases delivered to your home in 48hrs? Protip: nowhere.

I don't have impulse control issues, I've got a family that needs regular household items and I order them every few weeks. Comsumerism of the kind that buys gadgets all the time isn't us. We all have android phones and we have a family desktop that gets upgraded once in a blue moon.

Prime still makes perfect sense though. You get it all in one place and the only shopping to do is grocery. You never worry about packages taking forever or having trouble making returns. Everything is just easier than driving around the city getting this and that and the other. I personally can't wait til my city gets the fresh market here so we can finally do away with the grocery trips too. Having nothing to go out and collect frees us up to spend more time doing work, homework, or having fun. It's a great feeling you should try.

Exactly this. Sure, I don't need Prime Video because I use Plex but there is a lot more to Amazon Prime besides the two day shipping. My wife uses it to read with Kindle and uses the Amazon Dash and Amazon Echo to order more stuff. We don't barely ever to go to the store anymore which saves time and having to go up and down the fucking isles.

Hmm I find it weird that people order less than 5 items a month.

>2-3 packages a month
That's hardly a lot.

I can get them in one hour by driving to the store.

Enjoy paying retail price

They increased it from €20 to €36 in my country, since I can pirate pretty much anything available on Prime Video and I can get free shipping by ordering enough products I won't renew it.

If you live somewhere relevant you get same day delivery on some items.

Do people really just not use university emails to get it free?

>everyone buys everything exclusively from Amazon because other stores are not as convenient
>all local stores close
>Amazon becomes a monopoly
>prices get extremely inflated
>Murican government does nothing about it
>obese Ameritards can't afford food and lose weight
>profit?

I'm not at university anymore but I acquired a student card to get the free trial

Car parts are far cheaper on rockauto.com. Gun parts are cheaper on brownells, midway, primaryarms, and palmetto state armory.

You're just a bad shopper desu.

What bias is this? I forget. The one where you do something so you assume others do.

>I don't have impulse control issues
>pays $100 to shorten the time between click and dopamine release

Attached: 1525733465306.jpg (750x600, 69K)

Ok grandpa go to bed. While I use all of those websites, I double check with Amazon warehouse and the vehicle outlet before buying. Brownells and Midway are actually overpriced when you factor in shipping or 1-product orders unless you have discount codes. Sounds to me like you are a shitty shopper who cant crossreference skus in different websites to get certain things discounted AND with free 2 day shipping, plus an extra 5% off when using the prime card.

Attached: 1510317218692.jpg (720x606, 113K)

Unless literally buy everything stocked in your pantry or under sink from Amazon or use any of their other services like Video or Music, there's no reason to get Prime. I don't buy enough or need anything so fast I that I require two-day shipping. I plan in advanced and just get the $25+ total that yields free shipping over 4 to 5 days and simply wait a week or two for it to arrive.

Amazon hiked the price up from $25 to $35 and again to $50 about two years ago in an effort to get people like me to subscribe to Prime but luckily Walmart stepped in and began fucking Amazon with their $25+ free shipping policy, so Amazon was forced to reduce it back down from $50 to $25 again. Thank you based Walmart.

Pretty sure Amazon isn't cheap enough to justify buying from there if you don't get free shipping.

Costco or Sams membership also helps a lot.

>Sams membership
My nigga.

That shit's an even worse scam than Amazon Prime. "Hey, pay money just to be allowed to shop here! Shop here more to save enough money to dig yourself out of the hole!"

You're literally defending a lock-in strategy.

>useing amazon

Attached: 1526837051120.jpg (474x467, 22K)

>t. Childless incel who has never shopped for a family on a budget

>How does bulk wholesale work?

If I already know I'm going to need a lot of product because I use it frequently, why would I want to pay more for less quantity at a normal retail outlet when I can spend less, save more money, and get more quantity from a wholesaler?

That'd be a great strategy if you didn't give the money you saved right back to them as a membership fee.

Because you don't have the space to store the larger amounts of stuff, because the storage space costs money as well (rent), because you are too poor to afford large quantities

>That shit's an even worse scam than Amazon Prime

How else am I going to get my cheap frozen boneless chicken breasts?

Attached: costco.jpg (4032x3024, 2.24M)

Jet.com
Walmart.com

>spend $25+ on eligible items
>get free shipping
Just save a list of stuff you want and can add on to your orders.

Attached: 25.png (406x57, 6K)

I happily pay for it because of its convenience. I've regularly ordered stuff at 10PM and I'll have it the next morning.

>muh poor retailers
Their prices are already inflated and they employ the scum of the earth. Nobody will miss either.

>having items delivered to your home instead of driving through traffic and waiting in lines with the scum of the proletariat class signifies shopping addiction
No

>mfw prime is 35 freedom bucks in japan and theres no plan to increase the price here
They're instead going to charge shipping on low price orders to more remote locations.

The monthly fee is only $2 more. It's nothing.

yes

I have three people sharing the membership grandfathered in with me, they'll pay the $30/yr for prime with me

lol 4-5 day? get the fuck out of here
amazon sits on shit now for upwards of a week before shipping it out snail speed

easier in europe, you pay 20% VAT generally (whereas amazon sales generally avoid sales tax completely in the states) and much bigger area.

yes

costco ain't perfect but they hit a volume that most stores can't touch and for food economics that make more sense where it's way cheaper

walmart and jet are investing a stupid amount of money on free shipping but it's not amazon equivalent at this point

anything that costs less than $365 a year can be called as "less than a dollar a day". I hate the reduction crap because this is how people buy cars around a payment amount per month rather than a dollar amount

$2 more a month is $24/yr and I hate when companies try to bury price increases like that, it's disgusting.

I get the student discount, but I'll be an alumni this year, so I have no clue if I still get the rates after this. If not, I'm not resubbing. It already shot up 10 bucks.

I bought my mom a chromebook yesterday evening and it's arriving on Wednesday. I don't have a prime account and I didn't pay for shipping.

A Costco membership is good for so much shit it can pay for itself in one shopping trip