pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: MKID_Ducky_Varmilo_MIYA_Pro_1.jpg (1125x1125, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n252870406
novelkeys.xyz/products/kailh-pcb-sockets
winkeyless.kr/product/holtite/
keyboardco.com/keyboard/endurapro-buckling-spring-keyboard-with-nipple-black-usb.asp
3.bp.blogspot.com/-K960cOz_SfM/U-e_XvgFEII/AAAAAAAACZI/8W7KsvfCkUs/s1600/ZX Spectrum USB keyboard.jpg
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B072FQS2YF/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526940136&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=cooler+master+pro+PBT&th=1
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2800
caps-unlocked.com/varmilo-va109m-sakura-standard-edition/?setCurrencyId=1
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3616
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for topres are shit

imagine how much of a faggot you have to be to purchase this

Imagine being so insecure that owning a certain color of object makes you uncomfortable.

this is a no bully thread

Attached: abra.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

it also has a bunch of faggy flowers on it though

Imagine being insecure about flowers and colors.
You might actually be gay.

What if I buy it for my cute little princess gf (male)?

it also has cum under the keycaps though

imagine how much of a this you have to be to purchase faggot

>ABS keycaps

Where can I purchase a faggot?

>People haven't tried topre with bke domes

Attached: 8zWMgFB.jpg (2592x1728, 305K)

>Back
>Space

sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc

Too far, are there any faggots for purchase in Australia? I need someone to keep my bed warm through the winter.

Space gets its own space in that space known as backspace.

To be fair they are chinks so engrish spelling is a bit tricky for them

>buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n252870406

What an earth is this switch?

Attached: file.png (1280x2880, 3.26M)

That's my fetish.

some shitty smk alps clone that is not even in deskthority. I have a white version. Not worth it. I am seriously considering throwing it out.

I just got my box royals guys.... Very disappointing.

Stop typing like a redditor.

Stop typing like a redditor...

The SMK whites are the crappy tactile version. The blues are the fantastic Monterrey blues. The blue/purple ones are usually clicky so it actually should be a nice board if the switches aren't filthy as fuck.

Japanese NEC boards like that are way cheaper even on ebay though.

I am saying they are not even smk though. They are some nec clone.

NEC blue ovals aren't bad either. If it's clicky, it's probably pretty decent. But $100 is like double what I'd pay for it.

My Keyboard is having a problem when i click spacebar it acts like its f11 and it makes my screen go full screen and when i have my num lock on and i try to backspace and delete something it types a bunch of 4s. if anyone has any idea whats wrong with it let me know.

Sounds like it's shorted somewhere. Try cleaning the PCB first.

Is anyone programming in 40% or 60% keyboards? All I see are retards in youtube apologizing for buying them, and saying "no, they are great", but I don't see smart people using that crap. I want to see someone ripping through code on a 60% the way I can on keyboard with a sensible layout.

What do you guys think about the Kailh Pro series, especially the purple ones ? I don't see them often in here even tho Zealios are greatly recommended in general

Attached: 19336_P_1520530702234.jpg (734x373, 126K)

>NEC blue ovals
Yeah those are different, these are just garbage. I have these.

Why would someone make a video of them programming?

Full stack web developer here, I used the Poker 2 for a few years, picked up the Pok3r recently for home use and I personally love it. Both are 60%.

Realistically, everything that I like about the setup could be done with a normal keyboard and AutoHotKey, but I do personally like to have more desk space for notes / sketches / etc as I work. All down to personal preference, really.

>I want to see someone ripping through code on a 60% the way I can on keyboard with a sensible layout.
Which keys do you need to "rip through code" that aren't on a 60%? The only things I can think of would be the F row, but honestly moving your hand completely off the home row to hit F2 or something takes just as much time as hitting Fn+2, if not more.

If you're using the nav cluster while programming, you're either an IDE babby who probably writes Java or C# for a living, or you're unironically doing it wrong. Vim-style navigation is objectively more efficient.

Yeah, I guess you don't program. All that matters is the awesome clicks of your buckling retardation.

I just don't understand why you'd watch a long video of someone programming instead of just reading the documentation. It's not a spectator sport.

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

>If you're using the nav cluster
When you say 'nav cluster' you mean the keys with pageup/pagedown/etc? Half of what I code is vi, the rest is emacs, heavily customized, and that's where part of my productivity lies when in emacs. I make heavy use of modifiers and cursor keys, and these 'layers' talk is nonsense to me. I want keys with just one function so I can customize them with any of four modifiers. Looking cool is not on my agenda, and this bull about not moving your hands is nonsense to me. I probably spend 100x of my time thinking and designing, and 1x coding, and if I type 20% slower that does not amount to even .5% of my time. I don't know what the fuss is about smaller layouts.

Are you stupid? I didn't ask to see people programming, I asked if anyone is programming using tiny keyboards. But you choose to be an idiot.

First major keyboard purchase (coming from typical corsair k65 rgb with mx speed).

I also purchased GMK Olivia to go with it.

I really like the design, very industrial, monolithic with a nod of vintage. Will go well with my setup as well with my mid-century modern style room.

Attached: RAMA-M60-A-03.688.jpg (1000x563, 112K)

Bump

The function layer is essentially just another modifier. You could make the same complaints about every other modifier. Why should I have to press shift+v to visually select a line in vim? It's ridiculous to have V hidden behind a shift layer. I want a keyboard with V and v on it.

>this bull about not moving your hands is nonsense to me.
It's objectively faster, as you've admitted, and takes all of a couple minutes to get used to. Some people care about that and find it more comfortable. Some people don't.

>All I see are retards in youtube apologizing for buying them
>I want to see someone ripping through code on a 60%
???

>everything that I like about the setup could be done with a normal
Yeah, that's my point. A tenkeyless keyboard is 5 inches longer than a 60%; is that really necessary? It's down to personal preference, but I doubt it's so easy to press, say, Ctrl+Shift+Cursor Left (just making something up), when the cursor keys are buried in a layer, and first you have to activate it, then press the combination, then deactivate it somehow.

>first you have to activate it
>then deactivate it somehow
You should actually try things before you complain about them

Why would you set a keybind on the arrow keys instead of hjkl?

fucking emacs users I swear

Put some new switches in this board a few days ago, and my p key is acting weird. Occasionally not registered, occasionally more than once. What's causing it? Shitty soldering? Bad switch? Dirty switch? Board controller going bad?

Who knows, just go through the list of possible causes starting with the easiest to fix first.

>You should actually try things before you complain about them
Generally you would have a point, but my question is: is it shorter than on a keyboard where the cursor keys are on a key by themselves, and it's just a matter of reaching them? and the answer is necessarily no. No matter how easy it is to activate the cursor layer, it's more complicated. It can be argued about time and hand movements, but as I said, 20% of 1% of my time does not even register.

>it might be faster but I don't care so it's not faster

My point was that you don't "activate and deactivate" the fucking layer. It's a modifier exactly like shift, ctrl, or alt. Why are you not complaining about how inconvenient those keys are? Why is the function layer where you draw the line?

He worded it poorly, but in some firmwares like QMK you can toggle between different layers just by pressing a single button, or you can have it behave like a modifier

How do I make my board hot swappable? I just got my KBD75 and I read that’s its possible

novelkeys.xyz/products/kailh-pcb-sockets
may or may not fit on your board

>>it might be faster but I don't care so it's not faster
This is not what I said buster. I said only: "It might be faster but I don't care". I stopped there. Now you figure that one out.

these
winkeyless.kr/product/holtite/

So, you admit that it's potentially a faster way to access the exact same functionality you have right now. You don't care, and that's fine, but it seems weird to get upset about people who do.

Goddamnit I just want a mech keyboard with trackpoint so i dont have to use my broken arm to move the cursor comfortably. Cant find anything below a couple hundred dollars.

whats wrong with the unicomp ones?

Keyboards like this should be illegal

Attached: 1518464518216.jpg (957x621, 90K)

not him but i thats a couple hundred dollars
also, i really wish yoda2 had a split spacebar
damn shame

>thats a couple hundred dollars
If by "a couple hundred dollars" you mean $105, sure.

Attached: trackpoint unicomp.png (745x279, 76K)

It's a keyboard bruv, not a fashion acessory. Also $400 is kind of steep.
>tfw layout is the only thing that stopped me

Teal ones are best of that series. Purples are... nothing special. Bump is too far up and too severe. Zealios is like the entire switch is a big bump, the purples are like half bump. And less smooth.

>Why is the function layer where you draw the line?
Did I say/imply that? Anyway I draw the line at about 2 useful functions per key, some small cluster with three, but that's it. Also, I want to press max two modifiers at any time. Anything else, I can spare the inches on my desk. I can see the big normie keyboards are a trainwreck of legacy shit and ugly layout. Functions, and other keys are even more relics of the past, like PrtScr or SysRq. I can see a neater layout is attractive, but just four rows and having just the 25% of what the keys do on the keycap? That's close to Apple's "form over function".

do you live in Australia? even in Europe it's no where near as expensive
keyboardco.com/keyboard/endurapro-buckling-spring-keyboard-with-nipple-black-usb.asp

Why? It's cute, I would buy this

Attached: 1521387382804.jpg (638x629, 44K)

lol

Attached: 20180521_222836.jpg (2016x1512, 934K)

>get upset about people who do
Well it happens about once in a year I think. I have a model M, and a model F. I got them for nothing twenty years ago when they were not cool. The F is great. You could not use them in an office today because coworkers would beat you to death with it. Hackers of the past used hjkl because the keyboards were not standard and didn't have the same modifiers or the same codes for cursor keys. Going now to four rows with layers, no matter how accessible they are, is nonsense. Having four/five functions per key, like this 3.bp.blogspot.com/-K960cOz_SfM/U-e_XvgFEII/AAAAAAAACZI/8W7KsvfCkUs/s1600/ZX Spectrum USB keyboard.jpg was ugly in the 80s, and is ugly now when you overdo it.

might look nice with a better case
try wood?

No, only gray, black and beige is allowed

Attached: 1518011226585.png (1508x892, 171K)

not necessary needing a mechanical keyboard but...

>Budget
low as possible for decent product and not getting chinked
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
don't care
>Layout
idk. used for a Mac, don't need number pad
>Form factor
as portable/lightweight as possible, this is key. ideally easy to carry in carry-ons, backpacks, etc
>Backlight
don't care
>Previous/current keyboards
currently using macbook cringebar edition. so USB-c connectivity is a plus

this is for my gf who's not a leet coder/gaymer but just needs to improve ergonomics for her workspace

I just ordered the obbins anne pro with gateron browns as my first

how bad did I fuck up?

Attached: 1498203542478.png (112x112, 7K)

a k120

Anyway to make blanks out of PBT caps with dye-sub legends?

Is this programmable? How does the function layer compare to the Pok3r?

I don't know of any keyboards with a USB-C cable, but you could get a keyboard with a detachable cable and replace it with one that has USB-C
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Tenkeyless-Mechanical/dp/B072FQS2YF/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526940136&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=cooler+master+pro+PBT&th=1

Dye them completely black

spraypaint

Unfortunately not an option. I want to keep the exact color. Guess I'm fucked?

Fullstack user again - depends again entirely on your preferences. As an example, I have my Pok3r set with caps lock as my Fn key for layers. Given how much I've used it, It's second nature for me to hit that combo to move around. Hold down capslock, jkli to move, and I'm done.

If I ever have to do a more complex command, I just hold down caps lock as well and hit my key. Given that everything is so small and compressed together, there's no difficulty in hitting the normal keys plus capslock.

The activation/deactivation is just whatever key you want to use. I never use caps lock and it's conveniently by my pinky, so it's super smooth for me to use and doesn't slow down my flow at all.

just buy a new set user its not like caps are stupidly expensive like the boards themselves

vaporize the ink with UV radiation

I'll do it, user :3

I unironically like these keycaps. I remember seeing one that was similar, but with more sakura branches on other modifiers, too. Dunno if it was the same set.

Just got a dev job, what keyboard can I buy that won't make my coworkers hate me?

I'm leaning towards topre or matias quiet click, but any any tactile switch that's quiet will probably be fine by me.

Attached: man1.png (4096x2160, 3.6M)

kailh box royals

A keyboard with beamsprings. Everybody will want to try it.

Where can i find besides Ebay?

Any keyboard with box navy :^)

Does it matter which way I orient stabilizers?

id buy one of these if it came in full size.

well, you're in luck
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2800

Attached: large_2797_SakuraFS_1.jpg (1200x800, 213K)

wow thats pretty cool, just wondering though, do they have this same keyboard in UK layout?

>Budget
100-200
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
Cherry red
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
ten key less
>Backlight
yes (bonus for RGB)
>Previous/current keyboards
none, laptop keyboards

they do, they also have TKL versions if you want

Attached: Sakura.jpg (1280x853, 95K)

is that on the mechanical keyboards website?

no
caps-unlocked.com/varmilo-va109m-sakura-standard-edition/?setCurrencyId=1

Ducky One TKL RGB, but its on back order
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3616

You guys are my only friends.

Attached: BM.jpg (2400x1600, 1.05M)

Opinions on the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum keyboard? is ot overpriced piece of shit? anyone got any experience.. getting my first paycheck from a new job on friday and want to treat myself.. Currently on sale on Amazon(UK) for like £80