What is the Jow Forums approved password manager?

What is the Jow Forums approved password manager?

I heard you have to pay for LastPass and I am poor

Attached: keepass_512x512.png (512x512, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keepassx.org/
keepassxc.org/
passwordstore.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pic related

Your brain

spbp

keepassx.org/

Pass. Has some third party extensions that also increase integrability.

>keepassxc.org/
Fixed it for you, sweetie.

if you are even considering using a proprietary password manager you're absolutely retarded.
pass and keepassxc are both great though

Keepass. 2, x, whatever.
Keepass.

user, my logins for sadpanda and private anime trackers need much stronger passwords than could be remembered by a feeble human brain

notebook and a pen

tpbp

I can remember the following passwords:
89erxb9q46126&%@^%C@^%
*N*(S&D^(Wnuhi12387sd9^^&@
&**#@^B8dawv85^&bsdjsd
(*&@$(N(dskhfdnsfnds
98q9sb7d96&Esdfsidu$@^^

pass, or bitwarden only.

>pass

Windows version when

Why should I use Keepass X or Keepass XC instead of just normal Keepass?

literally pic related, OP. Have used it for years. Regarding syncing, just do it manually and accept that you will always have to trade ease of use for security.

passwordstore.org/

Everything else is for normies that blindly trust third parties.

I keep an encrypted note pad file on my PC with one password I remember. In it, it has unique random passwords for everything else. I don't trust external password managers.

>Everything else is for normies that blindly trust third parties.
idk my text file is pretty local

I stopped using Keepass but from what I remember, KeepassXC is still being developed and feels less bloated.

>software-based password solutions

plebs

Attached: yubikey2.jpg (2880x1920, 549K)

> notebook, pen, and Ovaltine encryption wheel

Not sure if it's a good idea to post this here, but I'll do it anyway. This is what I've been working on for the last 6 months:

nokey.xyz

It's a distributed password manager, almost certainly unlike any other out there. It doesn't use a master password!
If you wanna give it a try, be warned, it's still quite early, but I think it's ready soon.
It's fully open source.

If you have questions, I'll try to answer.

>if you are even considering using a proprietary password manager you're absolutely retarded.
The thread ended an hour ago.

Your text files are not password manager, user.

KeePassX. It's on all the main linux distributions.

>lose key
>lose all passwords

Nope.

The only correct answer.

Attached: 1477413819013.jpg (680x598, 54K)

I use keepass on my android, laptop, and desktop computer and keep the database synced on dropbox and the keyfile always offline. That was I have three layers of secruity.

Even if someone was able to hack into my dropbox account and get the database file, they still wouldn't be able to access it without the keyfile that's always offline and the password to the database.

>I heard you have to pay for LastPass and I am poor

Nah, it's only paid if you use it on mobile devices. On the desktop/browser it's free.

Bitwarden.

What's wrong with 1password

P@ssword for everything.

since you already posted it, any further discussion is moot (heh).

just use keepass with whatever plugins you need. lightweight, stable, secure, well designed. any of the forked "better looking" versions is just a shitty millenial whitespace touchfriendly design meme.

Bitwarden

Keepass XC mate it's great like kellogs cereal

i write my own text editor that can encrypt files with my chosen key when i save them, that's what password managers are anyway, glorified and overdone text editors.

>i write my own text editor that can encrypt files
MAXIMUM AUTISM DETECTED

Seriously don't you have anything better to do. Fapping to traps on gif? Hating jews on pol? Literally anything other than that

If you hadn't got it by posting the pic you should have it by now.

Srsly can't believe no-one gave quad8's a
>noice digits m8!

Attached: 237952_[cc] volley.jpg (1920x888, 527K)

Encrypted text file

dude it only took me a day to write it in python with tkinter and libsodium as base modules. i was new to python as well.

Add to that LUKS and you are golden

I've had a look. I might try it with some new passwords on sites for a while (chrome ext.) and see.

Can I suggest a bit more transparency about process and enc. otherwise users are storing their passwords with you with no way of knowing how it's stored or if you have access to them.

That's what's making me hesitant.