Laptop discussion

Which laptop do you have? Are you satisfied with it? What OS is it running? Is there any laptop you would love to buy in the future?

I'm still using my old Asus S56CM currently. I bought it 7 or 8 years ago, I can't remember well. It had decent specs then (i7 3550U, 8 GB RAM, 700 GB HDD + 20 GB SSD, Nvidia GT 635 M) then it died when I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, but I was able to revive it after installing Xubuntu on it. It's a good laptop but it's heavy and big, so I'm looking for a lighter and smaller laptop to run Xubuntu on, which I can carry around easily. I'm torn between an Acer Swift 3 (14" , 256 GB SSD, 8 GB RAM, full HD LCD screen, i3 7130U) for 599€ and a Lenovo Thinkpad 13 (13,3" , 180 GB SSD, 4GB, full HD IPS screen, i3 7100U) for 580-700€ (price has been fluctuating a lot recently). The Thinkpad has inferior specs, but it's lighter, smaller and arguably more robust, also Linux could work better on it, since a few Acer users have reported some bugs and issues when running Linux.

Attached: 12345.jpg (1500x844, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234908&cm_re=asus_vivobook-_-34-234-908-_-Product
support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c04450983
notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-3-SF315-8250U-MX150-FHD-Laptop-Review.258594.0.html#toc-display
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2015 Macbook Pro 15,6"
Overpaid for it but why would anyone care? I like macOS and enjoy working with it. I'm straight btw.

>laptop
Thinkpad T450
>specs
i5 - 8GB Ram - 256Gb SSD - 1366x768 anti glare screen - 2 6 cell batteries in it
>other things
fingerprint reader and backlit keyboard accesories
>OS and software
Running : Arch Linux with i3 window manager

>satisfied
extremely, would recomend
>future laptop
hopefully won't need to change for atleast - 6-7 years more. I am considering buying spare 9cell battery and perhaps full HD monitor

Attached: purecomfines .jpg (720x960, 18K)

I have Dell inspiron 3537,
i7 4500u, and r9 m265x, 8gb ram, 240gb ssd.
I bought it 5-6 years ago, until I got a desktop it was running windows and Ubuntu in dual boot. Now that I use desktop for gaming, my laptop has Mxlinux now. Everything works perfect, except the GPU. But that's a driver issue that never was supported for this GPU.

I want xiaomi to make a laptop with either a 2700u or the intel with vega gpu

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234908&cm_re=asus_vivobook-_-34-234-908-_-Product

got this on sale for 580ish, my only complain is that i wish it was 13in, gotten a different color but i have a sleeve on it so w/e

ASUS VivoBook S S510UA-DS51 Ultra-Thin and Portable Laptop, Intel Core i5-8250U Processor, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 256 GB SSD, 15.6" FHD WideView Display, ASUS NanoEdge Bezel, Metal Cover, S510UA-DS51

I have 4 laptops because reasons

>laptop
Thinkpad x201
>specs
i3 330M - 8GB Ram - 120Gb SSD - TN screen - 6cell battery 4 hour battery life
>other things
fingerprint reader and SD card reader with express card USB 3.0
>OS and software
Running : Windows 10

>satisfied
extremely but i'm into old stuff of this age anyway and i like tiny laptops in general
>future laptop
I'll have to upgrade from its core i3
I think i'd keep it for the forseeable future

as for my older laptops i'm not sure Jow Forums would be interested anyway.

>laptop
Thinkpad T430s
>specs
i5-3320M - 8GB Ram - 500gb SSD - 1600x900 TN display
>OS and software
Ubuntu 18.04

>satisfied
More or less, battery life and screen are pretty bad.
>future laptop
Probably T460/70/80

> laptop
Lenovo ThinkPad T60
> specs
2GB DDR2, Intel T5500
> satisfied?
extremely, but I wouldn't run Windows on it and I can barely make A3 designs on it. I use my computer to read my emails and to write XeLaTeX documents so that's fine.
> OS
Fedora 28.

I bought it for 75€ and the next week my computer repair guy asked me to give him back the HP Notebook he lent me. The change was cream.

> future laptop
Likely a Librem 13 running QubesOS, if I don't just install FreeBSD on my drive.

Cube Mix. Windows 10. Not really planning to upgrade it as long as there won't be laptops that'd replace my desktop
10/10 happy. I have a desktop for heavy tasks, and tablet for working anywhere else and drawing or note taking on the go.

>Which laptop do you have?
ThinkPad X61t
>Are you satisfied with it?
Of course. With an SSD it runs pretty snappy and it's more than enough for basic stuff, plus the tablet + stylus function is great for sketching/note taking.
Sadly the battery life is pretty bad by modern standards (only 4-5h) but it does the job.
>What OS is it running?
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.
>Is there any laptop you would love to buy in the future?
Maybe a similar laptop/tablet hybrid like the X61t but with a ~12" 4:3 or 16:10 screen, stylus with palm rejection, modern internals and capable of being disassembled/upgraded, i doubt there's something like that on the market with the current "muh soldered non-serviceable thin shits hurr" trend though.

Attached: 56432.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Thinking of buying an XPS 15 2-in-1 but I'm giving it a bit of time for glaring flaws to crop up and linux support to get ironed out. The price hurts though.

>>What OS is it running?
>Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.
Disgusting.

you too :^)

>laptop
Dell M4700 refurb
>specs
4 core/8thread 3rd gen i7 - 16GB Ram - 2GB NVidia Quadro - 256Gb SSD+HDD - 1080 screen
>other things
fingerprint reader, backlit keyboard, WWAN 3G modem, HDD caddy instead of DVD
>OS and software
Win 10 that came with it, as debloated as possible, still not a fan.
>satisfied
godmachine, but not very portable (3.5kg+2kg power adapter)
>future laptop
just upgrade to 32GB RAM

Laptops were deprecated by modern smartphones m8. Get a quality desktop setup that's properly ergonomic and a phone that can handle the minimal I/O tasks one has to do while traveling.
>inb4 literally everyone does their work in a coffee shop, on the couch, and travels non-stop
Enjoy your crippling middle-age pain from poor posture.

I have this : support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c04450983
Now that I think about it, I probably could've gotten a better msi laptop for nearly the same price. But I like it nonetheless. It's my first and only laptop.

First-Gen Retina MacBook.

Latest MacOS

Runs Excel and Safari fine

I've had it two years now and it continues to impress.

Attached: $_20.jpg (800x533, 58K)

Totally awesome XPS 13 (9370) it fucking rocks.

this
>muh coffee shop coder
>muh traveling programmer
no, the superior choice is a desktop with a well-situated desk, preferably a convertible sit/stand desk, and choice peripherals

ironically Jow Forums has autism to spare for pointless desktop wars that are meaningless but does't give a rats ass about the fact that all these laptop users are setting themselves up for debilitating posture related health issues.

>Runs Excel and Safari fine
Desk jockey normie alert

>laptop
thinkpad E531
>specs
i7 12GB Ram 500Gb HDD 1366x768 screen
>OS
windows 7 cuz i need it for work
>satisfied
yeah, it served me well these last 5 years
>future laptop
i want a thinkpad W701ds, BUT I CAN'T FUCKING FIND ONE

>buy thinkpad and dock
>attach dock to monitor and peripherals at convertible desk
>???
>stfu

Latitude E5410 for around 6 years. poorfag here so this has helped me get a job which i recently added 8GB RAM and a graphic card with a new 1 TB HDD with my first salary.

even my family didnt help me as much as this ugly tech brick.

so yeah i have a asus given for our work but most of the time i use this.

Attached: StinkPads1.jpg (1992x1494, 705K)

oh it;s running xubuntu , XFCE and XFWM

Would probably buy one for my mother if it had another port and wasn't so expensive.

>laptop
galago pro
>specs
i7 16GB Ram 120GB SSD 1Tb HDD 3840x2160 13' screen
>OS
elementary os
>satisfied
I like it and would recommend, good deal for the specs/price
>future laptop
hopefully a newer model of the same laptop

Attached: image.jpg (650x431, 118K)

>galago pro
designing your own lap?

wut. can yoy explain more about galaga pro more user?

Lenovo P50

1080p screen 256 GB ssd Intel 6820hq 2.4 ghz 16 GB ddr4 ram Nvidia m2000m 4GB thunderbolt port

Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu

Best investment. Desktop replacement

Attached: Lenovo-Thinkpad-P50-Xeon-E3-16GB-DDR4-1TB_2238418_c291c48285828acf6ff35eba5237f2f8_t.jpg (423x320, 28K)

>Laptop
Lenovo ThinkPad x130e
>Specs
Celeron 857, 4GB ram, 128GB SSD
>OS
Windows 10,

>Satisfied
Yes, got for free from govt when at school, later upgraded HDD to SSD, much more useable than my 15.6" ideapad 300. Carrying second battery gives ~6-7hrs life.

>Upgrade
Unlikely, unless really needed, next plan is eventual desktop upgrade.

>laptop
Razer Blade Stealth Gunmetal
>specs
i7 8550U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, UHD620 powering 3200x1800 display.
>cost
Got it refurb'd for 750, replaced SSD myself with one I had laying around.
>satisfied
Hell yes, best laptop I've ever had. No shitty gaymer aesthetic either with the Gunmetal edition.

Chromebook Pixel 2, Intel i7-5500U, 16GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 256 GB SD card snug in port
Love it. Screen is boner inducing every time. Love the aesthetic, too. Fuck clamshells
>What OS is it running?
Dual boot ChromeOS + GalliumOS
Might go in for a Pixelbook once they figure out Linux containers, but only because I want a 3:2 HiDPI Linux machine with sweet specs

Surface 3
I like it. Great for notes. Plan on upgrading next summer when Surface Book 3 and Pro 2018 come out or so.

ASUS F series. Win 10.

Fine for my needs.

>haven't owned a laptop in 3 years
>boomer- tier tech illiterate
i need one but don't want to fuck it up. Thinkpad seems to be a good idea from what I've seen here but don't know what to get. Which model is good for everyday use browsing Jow Forums and doing minimal uni work?
$400 is mu budget but im sure i can find something cheaper.

Attached: 1525972464656.jpg (640x666, 34K)

>Everyday use
>Jow Forums
>Minimal uni work
Basically everything. You're gonna need to be more specific.

okay. what's a good beginner/normie model? like i said I have very little knowledge of computer specs.

system76 laptop

>laptop
Samsung Chromebook 3
>specs
Celery/4gb/16gb
>satisfied
Yep
>os
Chome
>future
Whatever the next chromebook is that is built well and cheap. I like chromeOS, cruton, and Android since it provides everything I need and nothing I don't. It's hardware minimalism taken to its logical fanless 11hr battery life conclusion.
>inb4 how to do anything on chrome
Just Google it. Workflows for me are mostly cloud based.

>ctrl + f "gentoo"
>no matches

Jow Forums appreciates older laptops.

>laptop
HP elitebook 1020 g1
>specs
Core-M 5Y71, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd, 12" full hd ips, about 1.3kg, metal body
>OS
W10
>satisfied
Great when it works, currently in repair for broken motherboard. Can't go back to shitty tn screens after this 12" fhd ips one.
>future laptop
Some thinkpad, elitebook or so

Attached: hp-elitebook-folio-1020-g1-standard-version-and-sp_3syc.jpg (600x386, 67K)

>laptop
Lenovo Ideapad 100s
>specs
Atom processor, 2gb ram, 1366x768 resolution, 32gb hdd
>OS
Ubuntu with cinnamon desktop. Ubuntu was the only linux I could get on it because of the fucking 32 bit bootloader but 64 bit processor
>satisfaction
Meh. It gets work done and got me through university, but for the $200 I spent I could have probably got an old used thinkpad.
>future laptop
Probably a dell xps 13 once I get a better job. I'll probably switch to Manjaro.

>laptop
acer E5-473G
>specs
i5 5200u cpu, nvidia geforce 940m gpu, 1tb 5400rpm drive(with samsung evo 250gb m.2 ssd as system storage, mine had a secret m.2 slot inside), 16gb dual channel 1600mhz ddr3l ram(2x8gb, also fell for the meme), 1366x768 screen
>operating system
debotnetified windows 10 education(friend lent me a legit key so cant say no to that)and ubuntu and win7 on vm
>satisfied
idk, i mean i got it for 130 dollars second hand(excluding the upgrades) and it werks so maybe
>future laptop
probably thinkpad for productivity-wise or something similar

i also have a chinktop(a clevo one) but eh not gonna deal with it

> laptop
MSI CR62 Apache Pro
> specs
I7, 16gb ram, gtx965m, 256 ssd
> OS
Win 10 LSTB
> satisfied?
Seems perfectly fine, weight is a bit off. But when you sell and service em for a living it's nice to have your own one to show off.
> future laptop
Unlikely it will die anytime soon as it now only gets lugged around for LAN party's. If it does die then I will just get a new model through the business and write it off.

> laptop
MSI CR62 Apache Pro
> specs
I7, 16gb ram, gtx965m, 256 ssd
> OS
Win 10 LSTB
> satisfied?
Seems perfectly fine, weight is a bit off. But when you sell and service em for a living it's nice to have your own one to show off.
> future laptop
Unlikely it will die anytime soon as it now only gets lugged around for LAN party's. If it does die then I will just get a new model through the business and write it off.

why post twice?

i have five thinkpads
- t420
- x220
- x200
- x200s
- t60
and a macbook air
my first thinkpad was the x200. at the time i liked the size but now prefer something a little bigger. i grew to like the t420 and gave os x a try on it. then, i wanted a machine with native os x support so i got a used macbook air. the user experience is the best. i especially like the trackpad in conjunction with the os. i tried slackware on this thing, but it just didn't feel right. another thing i started to enjoy was the keyboard. it's crazy, i know. chiclet's supposed to suck but it's quite enjoyable to type on
honestly, the macbook is nothing without the os, so as far as hardware goes, it's definitely not worth the money. however, if you consider the user experience of os x / macos, the unix-like feel, access to more software (adobe creative suite, for example) without having to deal with hacks to get it working on non-apple hardware, then it's fine. just buy used
i really like the design/build quality of the older thinkpads but there's nothing modern that competes, so for now i'll stick with the macbook

I'm using a 2017 Surface Pro with 4gb of ram, 128gb ssd and a 128gb microSD card expanding my storage. I do find that when I open more than 4 applications the 4gb is 100% a bottleneck, but I rarely do anymore than 2-3 applications at a time unless I'm using a desktop PC. The battery life still could be better for the most part, but it will last more than long enough between wall outlets if need be. Windows Hello is fantastic and the screen quality is unbeatable. Sound quality is so great compared to my old Surface Pro 4 and the Alcantara keyboard is easily one of the greatest typing experience you can get. I also love that I was able to get a UAG case with that offers great protection and has a built in kickstand. That coupled with the 2 year Microsoft Complete warranty that covers all accidental damage really gives me piece of mind when I take it out of the house. Honestly I couldn't ask for a better 2-in-1 computer except for maybe the Eve V, but they don't offer a tough case and accidental warranty. So until Eve can give me an accidental warranty I'll be sticking with Surface Pro.

Attached: IMG_1501.jpg (3024x3471, 1.98M)

>laptop
Thinkpad L460
>specs
i5-6200U @ 2.8GHz, 8GB ram, 180GB SSD.
>OS
Manjaro i3
>satisfied
Yes and no. I would prefer a smaller laptop, preferrably with a non pertruding battery. I would've gotten an X220 if it wasnt for the fact that i mainly do numerical computation, so a modern processor is basically "required" for me to not have suicidal thoughts (or more so that usual anyway).
>future laptop
Some other sturdy laptop with good linux support and nice keyboard. Either a thinpad or a dell, probably.

Anything up to the X220/T420. After that they are no better than any other business laptop.

>Windows
>Mac chiclet keyboard
>Nintrendo Switch
Come on, m8.

>Windows
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>Mac chiclet keyboard
It came with the iMac ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>Nintendo Switch
Amazing console ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't imagine how much it must suck being so incredibly envious

Attached: 1.gif (275x206, 3.68M)

Envious of what? Your shit taste?

>4GB ramlet
>alcantara keyboard that gets stinky after a few months
>Microsoft (r) Super Glue Build Quality (tm)
>Impossible to find AAAA batteries
Move aside, Surface shills.

Attached: ca-galaxy-book-12-0-sm-w723nzkaxac-lperspectivesilver-61835201.jpg (802x615, 50K)

Are all the computers in your home just press photos you printed out?

>laptop
Elitebook 850 G3
>specs
i5-6200U, 24GB ram, 128GB ssd, 2TB hdd, 1080P screen
>OS
Arch
>satisfied
Yep
>future laptop
Macbook Pro

Honestly the 4gb doesn't affect my day to day use.

I have had the Alcantara keyboard since it was released and it still looks brand new without a single stain and I haven't even cleaned it once.

Pretty much any device in this category is going to be held together with glue. It sucks but what can I do? Also people act as if their current computer will be their only computer, I'm not stuck with this Surface forever.

AAAA batteries can be found just about anywhere batteries are sold.

>pretending Shillsung is any better

ALRIGHT.

>laptop
HP NX6125 (rare in NZ model)
>specs
Turion ML 37 2.0GHz single core - 2GB Ram - 55Gb IDE - TN screen - 128MB Vram -standard battery life
>other things
fingerprint reader and SD card reader express card slot and PCMCIA slot with a 16Gb CF x1000 card, and replaced the standard dvd with a HDD caddy.
>OS and software
Running : Windows Visita and windows 2000

>satisfied
extremely its the only one of ddr1 machines i never sold or will ever sell its my fav laptop that none of my family can use at ALL.
It the only laptop that can run vista like butter.

Needed this machine for its windows 2000 support and vista 2006 model because I like native support.
Very, very rare to find one half functional.

cost me a great deal of cash to get working about 200USD all up.

>future laptop
I'll have upgraded as far as she'll allow

Its my oldest laptop i own and love it like my sons in irl

>laptop
Dell XPS 13 9360R late 2017
>i5-8250U 4c8t at up to 3.4GHz, 8GB 1866MHz DDR3 RAM, 240GB Toshiba NVMe SSD, 2.7GB/s read speed, 1080p IPS display
>OS
With that CPU, Gentoo is the answer
>satisfied
Hell yeah
>future laptop
A newer gen XPS 13 if its CPU is significantly stronger

just following on from my last 2 posts

>laptop
Compaq CQ_60

>specs current
Intel celeron 900 p socket , 2GB ram , 797MB of VRAM, 100GB HDD
>specs after upgrade (waitng for the parts from ebay from china and EU)
C2D T6500 2.1GHZ, 4GB ram (max) 797MB Vram 100GB HDD

>satisfied
Only after the upgrade.

>other things
SD card reader standard DVD writer

>OS and software
Running : Windows Visita , windows 10.

>satisfied
I swaped this from my modded NX7400 I like compaq machines because they are so rare to be in perfect working order
this one i picked because its the only socket P C2D capable machine
Dumb bommer didn't even relise it was upgradeable lol
so i got this computer for free.

>future laptop
I'll have upgraded as far as she'll allow
its a second laptop should any of the others fail.
when upgraded she should be 30% faster than my old HP NX7400's T7400 and be less of a housefire.

Note:its quite heavy and to change out the cpu is a real pain.
probably my coolest machine and best cpu fan IMO

thinkpad x230
Love it
Windows 7 this week Win10 was driving me crazy. 10 is a huge disappointment.

>laptop
Thinkpad X220
>specs
Intel Core i7-2640M - 16GB Ram - 512Gb SSD - IPS 1366x768
>OS and software
Dual boot: Arch with KDE Plasma 5 and Winshit 10
>satisfied
10/10
>future laptop
no

867MHz Powerbook G4
Yes
>What OS is it running?
10.4 Tiger
No

I just want a small form factor low weight laptop with 4GB ram and an ssd (fuck hdd autism). All on offer seems to be super chunky HP and lenovo shite without upgrading to super models. Any screen bigger than 12" is too big.

Any suggestions?

I really wish all of the 2-in-1 things didnt look shite or include windows 10S or fucking ANDROID. For real who actually uses chromebooks?

last one.

Its just a budget machine for the kids and wife to play on
needs work but do-able

>laptop
Lenovo ideapad B50-30

>specs
Celeron dual core 2.5GHz 4GB ram 250GB HDD

>other things
SD card reader, standard DVD writer ,HDMI

>OS and software
windows 10 and linux mint

>satisfied
meh it was just 50USD at the flea market
not really well kept its got a split in the bezel and minor crack near the web cam
the backplate doen't stay.
needs some TLC nothing too hard to fix
keeps the kids happy with dvd's so idk

>future laptop
unlike my other 3 this one will get a pentuim MB next year
Unsre how long i'll keep this one probaby upgrade to 8GB and sit on it for 2 years and we'll see if i want to sell it one.

Its very sex laptop though and lighest of all my laptops even my tiny x201.

there that's all my old machines
main laptop is this

Acer Swift 3 with Nvidia MX 150

It's like the poor man's Macbook but with a real GPU and I'm very satisfied. Linux support is superb out of the box. I'm running Ubuntu 18.04 and have not had to manually configure *any* hardware *EXCEPT* for enabling nVidia's proprietary drivers if I want to trade battery life for GPU performance. I dual-boot with Windows, which I only use for gaymen and it works great for that playing games like HoTS or Tabletop Sim.

The only complaint I have is the 256GB SSD being rather small. I'm not sure if it can be switched out either, so keep that in mind.

Attached: 0023582.jpg (775x500, 58K)

I like it, seems like a killer deal when you consider the performance it packs and the metal build quality. The MX150 is fairly impressive for what it is.

Fuck, im planning on getting it, glad to hear you are happy.

>laptop with a dedicated gpu
it's like you're fucking retarded

this is some really good taste desu baka senpai
never heard of this, but it looks pretty nice
yikes

Attached: 127ot.png (1650x2000, 1.57M)

Well the repairguy found why it's dead. The display cable shorts out and the whole display will get replaced.

>X220
>yes
>Debian Netinst w/ Xfce
>next will probably be a macbook pro (the latest one with upgradable storage and RAM)

this is just a laptop to beat up while i finish off my degree (2 more years, then i'm going with a macbook, since the quality of the x220, while better than consumer shit by a mile, is still fairly unimpressive. I'll probably miss the keyboard though)

it's not as if i'm going to run mac os on it, it will run linux

OP here. I'm really interested into the same model of the Acer Swift 3, the only difference being that they model I want to buy lacks a dedicated gpu (which is good, imo, since I don't mean to play games on it and I don't want to mess with Nvidia drivers). I'm pleased to hear that Ubuntu 18.04 works well on it, since Linux is a must on my next laptop. This said, I should ask some questions about the Acer Swift 3: how much did you pay for it? How long have you had it? How long is battery life on Ubuntu? Do you think it's portable? My only concern about this laptop is that it's too heavy and not comfortable to carry around: according to the specs I have checked online, it weighs around 1,7 kg. Can you confirm this? Sorry for the questions, thank you in advance.

Msi ge62 qf2.. on the chopping block to be replaced this week but at the moment running an i7-5700hq, gtx 970m (3gb), 12gb ddr4 ram, 128gb ssd with a 1 1tb hdd at 7200. Works well enough for my needs but fan issues 2 years in even after replacement prompted the ordering of a new model.

anything top tier second hand

>anyone in this thread not using a thinkpad

topkek

Acer E5-511. My only complaint was how slow it was until someone decided to use it as an armrest and now the bit that holds the screen on is coming apart.

Latitude D630 that I've had for a decade. Finally showing its age. I have 3 other laptops, 2 of which are newer, but I always go back to the D630. Its a pleasure to use.

Looking for a newer Latitude possibly, anyone got any recs? I've thought about going the TP route and getting an x230, but something about the device (how it feels, looks) just feels not quite right to me, coming from a latitude. Plus you have to pay TP meme tax nowadays b/c of resellers shilling here.

Attached: prod_931173902.jpg (333x333, 29K)

They're great machines but definitely overrated by tech-pseuds here and on other forums

>I'm straight btw
>Owns a Mac
Hard to believe desu

10 year old Asus gaming laptop, it just werks, and i'm content because there's no laptops i'm interested in enough to buy it.

Ideapad 110s 11br
Celeron n3160 4c/4t 2.2ghz, 2gb ram, 32gb ssd. There is an m.2 slot inside but I haven't needed it.

I am satisfied because it does what I need. CPU is very good all things considered, the ram is the main limiting factor which is why I run Lubuntu which works perfectly on it. And it has a fairly big battery so it lasts about 7 hours of moderate use. If I need to do more CPU intensive work then I use my desktop but for simple chrome browsing and YouTube it works a treat.

I have a Chromebook. Acer c740 as my on the go laptop. Running Arch Linux. Updated the SSD to 128GB.

Thinkpad T430 with Linux Mint KDE, yes, i know im a faggot

Omen 17 GTX 1070 i7 7700HQ FHD 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD, yes I'm satisfied with it

I kinda wish I got a gaming PC instead but I got it on sale for $1,440 so I think I got a good deal on it.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s-15 - i5-7300HQ, GTX 1050Ti, 256 GB SSD, 1920x1080, metal body. Got it for $800 so it's very good and I'm very satisfied, but unfortunately it only has one USB-A and no HDMI or SD ports.

mind telling us just how reflective its display is? is it even possible to use it outside?

x200
yes
>What OS is it running?
win7
no

Not him, but I have one and the display is quite dark and not suitable for outside use.
>notebookcheck.net/Acer-Swift-3-SF315-8250U-MX150-FHD-Laptop-Review.258594.0.html#toc-display

x220*

well, thanks. guess I'll have to pony up the cash for an e480 ;_;

jej

>laptop
Latitude 7480
>Specs
i7 7600U - 8GB - 500 SSD m2 sata - 1920x1080 matte - 60Wh battery (lasts 8 hours plus of light use at 50% brightness)
>Other things
Optional windows hello and fingerprint reader, 4K screen was also an optional but it's retarded.
>OS
Win 10 Pro
>Satisfaction
Very satisfied, fan is a bit too loud when under load
>Future laptop
XD

>I have MacFaggot Pro 15,6"
>I take in the ass every day but why would anyone care? I like getting reamed in the ass and enjoy working Tim Cooks cock. I'm a faggot btw.

I just got a new laptop as a gift. its an acer a515. Anyone know how long I should charge it the first time I plug it?

I've got two laptops. First:

>Thinkpad W520
>Core i7 2720qm, 8GB RAM, 500GB Curcial MX200 SSD, 500GB HDD in Ultrabay, 1920x1080 screen
>Fingerprint reader and colorimeter
>Windows 7 Professional

Very satisfied with it overall, I've had it for three years now (replaced a T60 that was getting a bit long in tooth). The screen is especially beautiful. Hoping to keep it at least for another 2. We'll see what I do with it when Windows 7 support is discontinued. Would recommend if you don't need the latest specs and are looking mainly for build and screen quality.

Second laptop:
>Asus VivoBook X200CA (no relation to the Lenovo X200)
>Celeron 1007U, 2GB RAM, some random Chinese 64GB SSD, 1366x768 screen
>No notable features
>Ubuntu 16.04

This one I actually got for free off a classmate in my Master's program, he said that it was "broken" and gave it to me. Turns out it was just a dead hard drive, easy enough fix. Overall the keyboard and build quality are no good, it's really slow and annoying to use, and is only slightly more tolerable with Linux than it was with Windows. I mostly take it when I'm on the go because the W520 is so damn heavy. Again, not bad for free but I wouldn't buy one.

Attached: 1451177682649.jpg (2048x1536, 1.01M)

> laptop
I own 37 Thinkpads on my home network. I have an extra Thinkpad for my router and have modded another one into a Thinkpad tablet for use when on the toilet.

>spec
I got them all bargain basement. They have 256Mb ram with celeron power. 7" screens. monochrome.
> OS
I run TempleOS on all of them.

> satisfied
I am satisfied, daily. I landed so much pussy with my thinkpads, I have to fight the ladies off.

> future laptop?
Maybe a thinkpad.