/hpg/ - Headphone General

i run out of feet edition,
post some of you have them

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 452929 akyorapenyo ayanami_(azur_lane) azur_lane cleavage headphones no_bra pantsu thighhig (1008x2000, 844K)

Other urls found in this thread:

head-case.org/forums/forum/16-do-it-yourself/
bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=2729.0
amazon.com/gp/product/B0761L7C8B
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stax

with cat ears

Floor shill, tell your bottle head employers to hurry the hell up with orders.

speaking of the bottlehead, remember to check out the DIY headcase forum for help if you need it!

head-case.org/forums/forum/16-do-it-yourself/

>remember to check out headcase
I remember when they put nwavguy on trial :)

Why shouldn't I get the HD6XX's over the HD650's other than Reddit?

garbage

long waiting time
some people like the original color more

Spritzer is a hack

So the only difference is how it looks

I told you to hurry up orders, not shill more.

the only good audio forum is audiosciencereview

Remember: the difference between a real engineer and a tinkerer is that one of them actually measures and the other just guesses

yes

the real engineer is the one who just guesses right, or at least that was my experience in college

Idol trash here. What's, like, your setup, user?
pic related.

Attached: 1523008555559.png (1280x720, 760K)

So might as well save money

The paintjob is cheaper and the cable is shorter. It sounds the same.

And that's why you're not an engineer

I'm p.eng lol

I will try a pair of STAX SR-009 next week

Attached: 20180521_145512.jpg (2371x2868, 3.81M)

>i'm a fucking leaf

dont do it, save yourself before it's too late

Attached: 463D2044-FF6F-4552-9196-356BEA7AA100.jpg (3024x4032, 2.29M)

I am excited

Attached: nice.jpg (4048x3036, 2.98M)

Both my orders took less then four weeks to arrive. There is a link on their site that shows order status for all their kits.

can the crack be used as a tube preamp?
i want one to try with my amps

Ow.

>Emotiva A-100 with the 6xx
Is that in direct drive?

Will getting an audio interface like the scarlette 2i2 let me make my MX50x louder? Some songs are mega quiet and its hard to hear.

Apparently It will work fine as a line level source.
bottlehead.com/smf/index.php?topic=2729.0

Attached: 5A9FCDC5-2973-4EB9-9F7A-729AB22BA770.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

*preamp

what if I just daisy chain several amps together won't that improve the sound as many times as I have amps

Yes, the more amps you have the better the sound. That's why you see pictures of people with some 20 odd devices.

normal mode has some crazy output impedance, if you want to use it with headphones direct drive is the only way to go
try leaving the emotiva knob at 12' and use a preamp to control the volume

Bottlehead forum is great resource too, they get back to you stupid quick and super helpful.

Considering you need 10 gigawatts to unlock the true potential of your headphones I don't think it will help. Gilmore has an amp though that hits 9 though so just buy his it's the closest you'll get

Wouldn't that damage the drives, or that would only happen if the volume on my preamp or DAC is also too high?

Just turn down the digital volume. Digital volume control has been solved for over a decade and is lossless

volumes knob don't increase power linearly, at 12' the emotiva output should be limited to 1-4watts or something like that, the preamp knob only makes it easier to fine tune the volume

So, those 1-4W would still be safe as long as I don't go full retard with the preamp's volume, is that it? Sorry for repeating myself, but I just want to be sure of what I'm getting into.

50w is not that much more power than 5w, decibels are logarithmic

Wtf is a P.eng

it's a lot more power, it's the volume that doesn't increases that much but it would still damage the headphones
hd650 get damaged at about 500mw so if you want to use them with the a100 you need a way to limit it and fine tune things

500mw at 300R. That's around 3-4W @ 32R

It's the x5 III right? Is it worth the money?

The A-100 outputs 1.3W at 300 ohms.

I love mine. Battery could be better but shit sounds great and can even power my pair of HD600s

Volume knobs don't travel linearly. They will add exponentially more power the further you turn it. It will be touchy sure but usable. Also you will hardly want to use that much because it's going to be more like 30-40w of clean power while the THD will sky rocket as you reach the top. You guys are concern trolling. Just lower the digital volume a bit if you really need to

I'm gonna buy the Stax 009S but I don't know what amp to get.

That's a pretty sweet portable set up. If I weren't home all day I might go with something very similar.
Pure distilled fidelity

Used 353 for $500-600

BHSE

y i k e s

bottlehead crack

Why not Stax TOTL?

Woo 3ES is on sale for $7,649.

me too!

That's my outdoors setup, I'm student and in transportation 3 hours a day, totally worth it

What a steal!

It’s like there giving it away!

It’s almost 1/2 off, better act quick

tfw you meme stax so hard for being the only non snakeoil HiFi purchase that people think the estat community is also snake oil free

all of it is snake oil. kevin (((gilmore))) wants you to think otherwise.

The SRM353X is the O2 of estats.

Looking for headphones
>Under around $250
>Over ear
>Closed back
>Detachable cable
>Decent soundstage
>Low impedance

>audiophiles
maybe the worst 'hobby' you could pick up. I'll never understand you faggots. In a double blind study, they found people can't tell a difference between 190kbps and 320kbps quality.

Attached: 1510360255519.gif (245x245, 643K)

Also I'm in canada and only decent headphones previously owned are HD598
I heard HD598 Cs were doo-doo, does sennheiser make other good closed backs?

tru

theres online tools you can use and plenty of people can tell the difference between 192 and 320, probably not the average person though

You know the difference between headphones is measurable?
Different headphones produce a different level of sound at the same frequency given the same signal.

I would be offended but you posted a of of hayley

Stop and get back to Stax postin

i refuse to believe people can't hear the difference between youtube audio and a proper mp3

Stax makes some people do weird things

Attached: broke.jpg (1500x1000, 611K)

When my friends link me songs on youtube I just pretend to have listened because I know it won't do the song any justice.
Just playing a song on spotify premium vs the youtube version is night and day.
I don't think it's worth it to go above the spotify quality though, I can only tell the difference when I know what version I'm listening to and try hard.

what is the highest you can go in estats both in amp and headphone before you hit snake oil

Normies also can't pick out ads from relevant google results.

It's only worth it to get a different masters. A lot of stuff on Spotify are the most recent masters so I'll usually pirate something else unless I can't tell the difference.

>When my friends link me songs on youtube I just pretend to have listened because I know it won't do the song any justice.
you're a shitty friend

some people can't, and also some people have really bad audio equipment

So I need to replace the earpads on my HD598s

Are these good replacements?
amazon.com/gp/product/B0761L7C8B

Attached: 1526593376526.gif (758x720, 1.87M)

All the way

What am I looking at?

Resident pad shill must be sleeping.

Autismos think that the metal headband is conducting resonances between cups and need to be damped

Hmm, have you tried it?

i will, but with cat ears

meow meow

Attached: IMG_20180518_015741117.jpg (2080x1170, 747K)

How about you dampen some of your idiocy and gullibility by sticking those things all over your forehead. The estate community has the one thing that subjectivists love: lack of measurements and any kind of scrutiny

So you tried it and didn’t notice anything?

Cute, be sure to post pic of them glowing

I've ordered a replacement for my 555 from Aliexpress but I'm still waiting for them.

like pic related?
checked and meow

Attached: yande.re 444596 animal_ears bra feet headphones pantsu thighhighs wuguno_ziran_juan.jpg (1126x2000, 664K)

Should I buy Porta Pros or HD201s

How long do DT770's last? I'm considering getting some, but I really don't like that the cable isn't detachable. If it did break, would it be difficult to fix?

garbage

Post things you don't regret buying.

Best 4500 I've ever spent

Attached: DSC01565_2048x2048.jpg (2014x2014, 680K)

>the madman actually did it
You've got balls.