SSD thread

Newfig looking to upgrade from HDD to SSD. Is this any good or should I spend more?

Attached: Kingston SSD.jpg (1500x938, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand
packet.company/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i have a friend who has one in a pc he built and he says it's okay. i personally would spend a little more for a samsung ssd tho

After the shit Kingston pulled, get any other brand.
I haven't had any trouble with Samsung.

SSD best ever i seen.

>After the shit Kingston pulled
What happened?

>he fell for marketing
lmao

After the shit Samsung pulled, get any other brand.

They send review samples out with faster chips, then changed to slower chips for the release version with the same model number. Both Kingston and PNY did this. I stopped buying from both companies.

anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

>After the shit Samsung pulled
What happened?

The V300 wasn't just review samples. They had a full production run with good quality NAND, then switched to cheaper stuff without notice. I bought one right after the switch, before anyone knew what happened. It had a good reputation at that point.

What can I say. I bought a V300 as soon I read the reviews and I got the bad nand. So I don't know what you mean by production run with the good chips. They switched it out quick.

How's this? It's on sale for under $40 on Amazon

Attached: Drevo SSD.jpg (1500x1500, 142K)

Just buy a samsung and don't regret your decision.

>chinkston
Its shit.

Mine stopped working after a failed overclocking attempt.
But now I have the same model again and it works fine, although I still have no idea what went wrong there.

>Kingston
>buying American

kek
Japanese or go home son

Samsung if you want top performance. Crucial if you want to save a few bucks. All other ssds are shit.

>overclocking ssd
>overclocking at all and expecting no consequence

The MX500 has essentially the same performance as a Samsung SATA SSD.

I only overclocked ram and cpu within safe parameters, nothing special. The ssd should not take damage from that.

This, even literal chink shit as KingDian and Adata has burned me way less than Kingston, and it's usually made with way higher quality components

packet.company/blog/
>So, after over 7PB written the 850 Pro has finally given up the ghost. It's been an amazing run over the past 9 months, and the drive has vastly outlasted its puny 150TB warranty - by a factor of more than 46 times.

>newfig
that's new.

>Kingston
Literally the cheapest SSDs from any brand is way better and reliable.

Yes, kingston is that bad.

wisest post. /thread

>I want the gold standard
860 EVO/PRO.
>I want a cheap SSD.
ADATA SU800
>I want the cheapest SSD possible that wont die randomly
ADATA SU650, SP S55 (They are literally clones).

I like intel ssd

too bad ADATA is more expensive than Samsung. How absurd.

Which one against which one?

>ADATA SU800 250GB = $65
>860 EVO 250GB = $80
????

*disappears*

Micron is solid, Toshiba make even better drives for extreme workloads or environments but are harder to find.

Samsung can be hit or miss but the problems crop down the line, seems like they tune their firmware for benchmarks up front and then tighten the bolts later.

Well Intel pretty much only makes enterprise SSDs.

newfig

Agree. I've been hesitant to roll out SSDs at work but I'm all in now and these are all I run.

Why use a sata ssd when you could go full nvme m.2?