/wt/ - Watch Thread: Tudor Edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for new people
youtube.com/watch?v=dUZFxMTEss0 [Open]

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/f44aJKy2

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/Rc77hhXV

Previous:

Attached: IMG_5531.jpg (3264x2448, 1.44M)

Other urls found in this thread:

hodinkee.com/articles/tudor-headquarters-manufacture-visit-2017
hodinkee.com/articles/inside-rolex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder if you wear a diver with a suit you're wrong.

kys poorfag

Attached: IMG_5259.jpg (3264x2448, 1.6M)

*post that is intentionally irritating to get me attention and (You)'s*

I wear my Daniel Wellington with my suit. People always give me compliments on it

The great wall

Attached: d.jpg (709x330, 110K)

Hooray, another thread where the op want smart enough to use the right pastebins

DW aren't that bad compared to other shitters. They are at least thin and pretty affordable compared to most copy cat brands.

Show me some simple chronographs, like pic related.

ps.: I wish pic related wasn't a tag huehue and so fucking overpriced.

Attached: 1496732657858.jpg (2048x2048, 422K)

Nxion watches are good

Seriously, what the fuck is up with that? Even Seiko manages to bevel, brush, or otherwise embellish their case sides, and even on their lower end models.

Looked at Habring?

Thoughts?

Attached: 5BEB1901-42B6-4D76-9879-ECF274FA769B.jpg (1242x1076, 390K)

looks too minimalistic. Also the hour, min, and sec looks awful.

Yes, I like really like their non-chrono watches, but I just don't feel their chronos. And those aren't really in the price range I would spend on a chronograph either.

Braun is really fucking awesome, no wonder even apple copies their designs.

ALS that are thicker and have slab sides don't look as bad. I think it's because it's so straight with only a slight curve.

True, but I have to imagine that most people buying an ALS aren't going to be viewing the sides very often given how the dials and movements look. Slab sides are much more glaring on visually simpler watches, in my opinion.

Get the black BN095 if you have to but beware, these are way overpriced and pretty much shitters that look good.

Attached: braun-bn0095.jpg (575x390, 125K)

Soon.

Attached: sbbn033_ima_1_2018.png (1102x1102, 476K)

I asked this before but I forgot to read the replies.

Rolex

114300 v 214270(2017 non-trexhands ver.)

What do you guys like/hate about both? Should I start off with something that's cheaper? Or go a thousand or two higher?

Go with the 36mm.

The ALS have a lot more curve to the tops as well making their straight sides shorter. The BB pretty much has a wall.
Also the brushed vs polished must help.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (512x288, 25K)

Yo, I'm finna drop some truth bombs up in this shit.

1. My watch is waterproof
2. Wh*tes are subhuman
3. I'm richer than everyone who browses this thread combined (if you exclude that nigga with the 11660LV)
4. I have the best watch in this thread
5. Tudor make the best watches on the planet

*dabs*
*mic drop*

Attached: IMG_5537.jpg (3264x2448, 928K)

I'm surprised BB troll hasn't posted this yet - hodinkee.com/articles/tudor-headquarters-manufacture-visit-2017

Oh wait, his is fake.

It's not fake you fucking subhuman.

Only reason people talk about how your fake watch is shit is because you personally are an annoying cunt. The watch is literally irrelevant.

I wear the 39mm better, the 36mm looks like I am wearing a woman's watch.

The Rolex visit was a lot cooler to read about.
hodinkee.com/articles/inside-rolex

What about me is annoying?

Fuck you faggot.

Die in a gutter whiteboi.

If you can go 1-2k higher and get a Date, Sub or GMT then I'd do that.

Very true. They have done great articles in the past.

They still do good ones now though it seems they save the best for the mag.
Their reviews are objectively better now than they were just because they list the objective facts clearly now rather than mixed through their subjective view.

Oh yeah, you're that rich fucker.
Here are the replies you got:
>buy a milgauss instead
>buy a datejust instead
>buy a sub (pepsi) instead

I would go for the 114300, to be exact with the black dial one that has same markers from 1 to 11.

Do you really have this much free time ?

Prefer the 114300 out of those two. It's really up to you though it's much over muchness

> I'm richer than everyone
> Buys a fake Tudor
:thinking:

Find a used explorer or get a datejust 41

Being able to buy a Rolex doesn't meant you're rich, it just means you have a job.

He/You were barging about how he has a california home and other assets.

Our friend Rakesh is shitting up Jow Forums too.
Jow Forumsthread/9549915

Attached: 1496047966617.png (298x553, 96K)

The fuck is this guy's problem?

He was bullied in school, probably, and now all the brexiters want him /out/ so he snapped. He is just days away from committing a terror attack or something.

eh just a loser an insecure loser who threw a fit when we would not validate his shitty opinions.

kek

That honestly isn't me.

>kys poorfag

Attached: OmegaGlobemaster-13.jpg (820x531, 74K)

Is it on the way, or do you still have to pull the trigger on this AK of watches?

>posting poorfag trash in response to my Tudor Heritage Black Bay
?

I dive in my suit checkmate homo

Although I do like the GMT Master, its above my budget. Thanks for the input.

Why the black dial specifically, I compared both and the black dial is a bit more lowkey. The blue dial just screams this is an expensive watch.

Thanks!

Hard to find a used watch that just came out unfortunately. There's plenty of 36mm but I don't have girly wrists so a 34-36mm tend to look like women watches on me.

I am honestly not rich, I am upper middle class. Rich would be like Donald Trump or something.

I can't think of braun as anything other than an electric toothbrush manufacturer

Yea along with a waffle strap.

Attached: s378755113293535586_p8_i32_w640.jpg (960x640, 369K)

>Why the black dial specifically ?
>The blue dial just screams this is an expensive watch.
You have just answered your question. With a rolex you have to go for the "lowkey" unless you want to LARP are actually are a dickhead.
Also black is a great colour for a dial, you won't get bored of it, it ages well, keeps resale value...
It also reduces the chance of it getting stolen.
Alright mate whatever.

*irritation*

Attached: Screenshot_20180522-004012.jpg (1080x2220, 576K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180522-004016.jpg (1080x2220, 592K)

I think the thinness of the cases is very neat but other then that the watches are all painfully derivative.

I dislike this guy as much as the next but
>up at 12 midnight screenshotting his instagram
You would make a fortune if you charged him instead of letting him live in your head rent free.

Guys, what do you think about the omega globemasters with the co-axial?

Attached: Omega Globemaster 130.30.39.21.03.001.png (800x1100, 246K)

Who here /tupperdore/

Attached: DSC_0007c.jpg (1500x1000, 463K)

I personally like them. Some autist here raged about how they are using one of their older designs again like that's illegal or something. They aren't even replicas* of the old constellation they are inspired by them and take it in a new direction.

*not the fake version of replica but the correct legal version of replica

I usually go to bed around 4-5. Multi timezone life kinda sucks... And my actual daily activities (like work) start around 1p.m. And what better thing to do while having a smoke than looking at insta dailies.
Now, taking screenshots of his new, upcoming shitter was done for the sole purpose of posting it here so I could see what you guys think. I don't really see the problem.

>Is it on the way, or do you still have to pull the trigger on this AK of watches?

Attached: download (2).jpg (225x225, 10K)

Hideous, and the date window placement is comically insulting.

I was just making a bit of a joke mate that was more of a question to why your up at such an hour. Though that multi time zone job explains it well.
I can't imagine doing that 2bh. How long did it take to adjust to?

can anyone recommend a watch box that doesn't look mallcore/dadcore

I just want something really plain and simple, not leather and velvet

Explain

The date window cutting into the pie pan transition and not color matching the dial when they also design their own movements is a mockery of the customer at the price point of that watch.

My actually job isn't what's multi time zone. I co-own a bar and we open at 3 p.m. I do uni meanwhile, my classes are from 12:50 usually and I have them well spread out through the whole week.
The multi timezone thing is, buying and selling things online. I don't really want to get into more details, for now, but now it seems like, me studding Japanese wasn't a bad investment.
>How long did it take to adjust to?
I was like this for my whole life. I just can't get productive if I sleep more or less than 6 and a half hours and waking up before 8 really kills me for that day.

You think the date window is so ugly? The rest of what you said I didnt understand

Post beautiful watches

Attached: Rolex-Explorer-214270-Baselworld-2016-Long-hands-6.jpg (1500x1001, 232K)

Pic unrelated.

Thoughts on the Seiko SNK809? Want to get something budget oriented for my first nice watch.

Attached: seikosnk809.jpg (3264x2448, 889K)

>30:55

>19:55:09*

>14:55:09**

is the accuracy of this as bad as people say?

First off it's not a nice watch. Get that out of your head.
It's a good watch for its price, it's a tool, it does it's job well enough. If you were to ask for a reccomendation on what your first watch should be it would be this one. But it's not a nice watch, use it, knock it around, enjoy it.
Better than some worse than others. It's a cheap watch. It does exactly what it Says on the box.

Attached: 1506908262137.jpg (1600x1139, 353K)

Nice is subjective user. I think those are nice watches personally, you don't need to spend your entire paycheck to get a 'nice' watch.

One of the 2 currently produced Omega watches I would buy.

It's extremely elegant but versatile as well.

Mine is good (+5spd) if it's worn every day, but if it sits for a day and loses power, it falls off sharply. Also, if you start it and wind it up fully, it'll be +20sec in the next half hour, then it settles for the day

Little QC, made in China
Bad isochronism
But if you regulate it and never let it run out, it'll trade blows with a low end ETA 2824

>hodinkee.com/articles/inside-rolex

Just read it, amazing. Rolex is based as fuck.

Asking again, what's so special about mechanical watches? It's just a spring and some cogwheels.

>Asking again, what's so special about mechanical watches? It's just a spring and some cogwheels.

Attached: Philippe-Dufour-Duality-00-Platinum-5.jpg (1600x1200, 369K)

Sweeping hands without buying a bulova, a spring drive, or a vintage seiko
Looking at the case back is kind of cool even if you get something like
Which is about the same price as a timex

If this isn't good enough for you then stop posting here

They're neat. That's it.

As I alluded to in the previous thread, what makes that more interesting than a quartz watch?

Interesting is in the eye of the beholder and everything I said doesn't need a special explanation

Are you autistic?

literally nothing, it's a black-hole for your money

Attached: article-2226278-15CC0A8C000005DC-873_634x415.jpg (634x415, 68K)

>As I alluded to in the previous thread, what makes that more interesting than a quartz watch?

Attached: The-Grand-Seiko-Guy5713.jpg (1710x2138, 768K)

>literally nothing, it's a black-hole for your money

Attached: A-Lange-Sohne-Datograph-Up-Down-Pink-Gold-aBlogtoWatch-4.jpg (860x712, 133K)

What do you mean?

Whew, turns out they're both interesting and I collect both. Here's your you. But then, how many purely mechanical devices are out there than can run to four nines or better accuracy for decades, "activating" hundreds of millions of times per year?

make one to find out

Attached: 1501434803333.jpg (900x833, 140K)