Cable Alternatives Thread #5929

Can someone give me a rundown on how this thing works? Where does the actual content come from once its hooked up? Are they really laggy?

>amazon.com/Pro-Quard-core-Embedded-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B077PSQJWB

Attached: mxq_pro_4k_tv_box_android_7.1_kodi_17.3_amlogic_s905w_wifi_lan_zp3020840621566_4_11.jpg (1024x1024, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unblocktech.com/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The content comes from streaming services such as Exodus.
They are indeed laggy.
Watching a movie on one is the same as torrenting the movie from your ISPs point of view so you'd want to avoid anything that would get you in trouble. (so dont watch movies that are still in theaters, etc)
Did I mention they are laggy? These are basically Phone hardware in a box and stream HD video about as well as one, too.
You're better off using Torrents if you can't afford cable or physical media.

If you're asking this question the only one of these boxes you should buy is the xiaomi mibox

I wouldn't buy one of these chinkboxes unless they came with unlocked bootloaders and good user community roms existed.

Is completely depends on what you are referring to. If it's just free sources then expect lag and subpar quality.

If it is paid services which I highly recommend then would likely be considered "IPTV" and this content is restream of live tv. There is a delay of like 30-90 seconds depending on the source and provider but you can get HD live TV and video on demand for anywhere between $5-20 USD.

I've been paying for iptv for about a year now and have had very few issues. I always have two subscribers incase the channel I want to on one is down. It's worked out great it costs me $10 a month and I have zero need for paid cable.

Attached: 20180415_101949.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)

>Watching a movie on one is the same as torrenting the movie from your ISPs point of view so you'd want to avoid anything that would get you in trouble. (so dont watch movies that are still in theaters, etc)

Nope your thinking of Popcorn Time.

And a external HDD support.

>not torrenting anything you want to watch and streaming it from your personal media server

I just hook my laptop up to my TV. Easy as shit and then I can view any content I want.

This, but unironically.
I went down the autistic path and now have hundreds of gigabytes of TV shows and movies.

The content is bitstarved crap and the methods it uses to fetch the media often break. Just learn to torrent and if you really need a box then buy one that doesn't required a chinese translation to unlock and doesn't come preloaded with custom Kodi installs. Also be wary of their 4k-ready labels.

what do you mean "personal media server"

this is what i currently do yeah.

i have cable and rarely find anything good to watch because i have the low end package and its already too expensive. I mostly just watch Seinfeld and old Sneedsons anyway except for some HBO shows and maybe Forensic Files and fatkino. I want to get rid of cable but it feels weird to get rid of normal television for the first time in my entire life. I want the options of cable and don't want to narrow my viewing options to one company's content.

I also don't wanna completely sell my soul out to Google or Roku or Amazon...and I don't have a Smart TV.

Attached: teeveee.gif (206x350, 1014K)

Just got one of these for my grandmother to watch her Russian TV, it works.

I can barely get my gramma to put in a dvd

Is Sling any good?

All this Kodi stuff seems nice, but the picture quality is always disgusting garbage and not even on a mediocre 720p rip level. It looks like literal shit, especially if you own a big TV.

I have an automated Usenet setup and use Kodi exclusively to play my downloaded shit on the TV. Streaming is shit.

It's a shame "Kodi" is now synonymous with garbage streaming boxes.

Which paid services do you recommend user?

Depends on whether you live and what you want.
Check out tvservice.club he can offer trials.

I use Vader's
Area51
And eternal tv.

Top 2 are pretty good eternal is great for a back up

Those chinkboxes are really shitty.
Get a Shield, or at least a Mi Box with real Android TV.

>order a mini pc with an OS that has been standard for almost a decade
>HOW DOES IT WORK Jow Forums?!?!?!
gtfo

I live in a copyright-cucked country, Germany. Can i safely use those here or would i get fined for shitton of euros?

You can absolutely use it. Some countries like mine isps block the providers endpoints or throttle. If this happens just use a vpn. Haven't net anyone that ever had an issue like this.

Vader's had some German stuff and fabiptv did as well. Thread will die before I look into other providers but really send a request to tvservice.ckub see what he recommends and get a trial from him or anywhere.

I use a fake name, address, and prepaid gift card for all my transactions.

I just use chromecast

Attached: 1377954703177.jpg (300x300, 18K)

These are piracy boxes. I'm sure you know that. Pay for access to the content you want, like everyone else. Don't be a thief.

I use the Ubox3 from unblocktech.com/en/
They run their own iptv servers and stream TV channels from all around the world.
I mainly watch the Japan channels occasional HBO n shit. They having their own servers is the reason I bought their box instead of other chink boxes, no need to find sources and all the other shit.

They also have all the korean, japanese and chinese tv shows, movies n shit on VOD apps.

Not all the apps are in english though and it takes a bit of tinkering to understand how to use their app.

I use mine for streaming shows, movies and music from my PC. Works great.

Thinking about buying a Kodi box that has a built in DVB tuner so I could pick up some local free channels too.

Attached: 1371071718738.gif (301x250, 1.46M)

Odroid C2

are you actually a 50 year old boomer?

Exodus is a plugin of kodi/XBMC and not a service, hosts zero content, just a parser for different streaming sites which host on video streaming services

Hardware for playing videos and streaming is more than enough nothing lagging and if its your connection

I don't see what's confusing, just keep using your laptop and pirate what you want to see. Then you can see all content.

just dont torrent, streaming from hosted streaming sites doesnt interest anyone

Same. I love my chink box.

How do you setup usenet? Is it still a paid service?

This. I actually tested out Debian
kodi on ubuntu with local media and was actually very impressive. There are bugs but I hate streaming crap now unless its a paid reliable service like Netflix.

How is Mibox compared to Fire TV? Does it run Sling well? Can it run Lineage OS?