It's been THIRTY FIVE FUCKING YEARS and Microsoft never added a setting in control panel to change the order of the...

It's been THIRTY FIVE FUCKING YEARS and Microsoft never added a setting in control panel to change the order of the gamepads.

I have to manually disconnect each one and connect them again in the order I want and HOPE it stays that way or else I have to reboot or uninstall some.

Why??

Also, I think Linux is guilty of this as well.

Attached: 340.png (383x288, 264K)

>playing games
fuck off to /v/

>Not enjoying a bit of vidya
Fuck off to non existence

It's a niche market that's solved by third party solutions

Like what?

>expecting anything useful from /v/
At best they know how to manually install GPU drivers.

>not buying the special edition microsoft xbox gaymer joypad 3.0 premium gold edition which doesnt have this issue for only $400 more

All gaming GPU discussions goes with it too

Weird, seems like they do.

Attached: Weird..png (1303x786, 197K)

I don't know how they would do that, seeing that each controller identifies itself identically to the Operating System, and that's the only way they can do it.
XBox controllers don't support reading any unique identifiers or serial number through USB software, so it's not technically possible.

Pointless with 4 controllers, also it doesn't really work on most stuff, emulators completely ignore it

Local multi on PC is extremely niche.

Attached: wrongboard.jpg (800x800, 84K)

The wireless dongle lets you pair them in the order you want them and they stay that way.

I was wondering this. The only unique ID that is generated and stored in the controller is the wireless pairing key. I only have one Bluetooth controller, but that does make sense.
I bet if you plug them in with a cable, they won't be in any specific order.

They leave it to the games themselves to support controllers, not windows.
If you play a game like Rocket League or GTA it'll just work itself out for you.
I wish it wasn't desu.
Apart from Rocket League, overcooked, Duck game and indie shit on Steam, you've only really got old emulatored multiplayer games to work with.

Attached: 1524869516991.png (709x768, 271K)

>Why?
USB a shit

Are you retarded? Do you expect to connect it using SD adapters?

I wasn't aware there was an XINPUT compatible PS/2 controller with dual analog sticks.

>playing any modern game

Attached: muhgames.png (575x623, 45K)

I wasn't implying that.

Just because USB is ubiquitous doesn't mean it wasn't a terribly designed, fundamentally insecure protocol. It's lack of unique identifiers is just icing on the cake. It really is a shit protocol

Sorry. I didn’t know you invented a better protocol. You should sell it to microsoft and windows

>HOPE it stays that way or else I have to reboot or uninstall some
Wat?
The order of players is the same as the order in wich you turn them on/plug them in
What the fuck is hard on that?

>lack of unique identifiers
You expect a point to point serially addressed data transport layer to support unique identifiers? Why?
You're expected to provide your own application layer with unique identifers for your device. There's no reason to build them into the standard.

>Also, I think Linux is guilty of this as well.
it's not, you can make udev rules to put gamepads on whatever device node you like, regardless of when or how they're plugged in

Only if the device supplies a unique identifer.
That would only work if you are using different models/revisions of controller that the OS can identify as unique, or write a script to extract the serial number from the controller (which I don't think you can do for XBox controllers.)

Those are all modern games.

>want to play steins gate
>tfw no $60 on the neet bank :(

Lol fellow gamer here it's such a non issue
Maybe when xbox flops completely they might pay attention

how many gigs on that¿ dayuuum

there's always some unique thing you can use, almost everything supplies a unique serial number you can use, and worst case you can also use the port number itself (that is "if xbox controller plugged into usb port 4, make is js0")

>change the order of the gamepads.
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN