Why did you buy the K version?

Attached: 2018-05-22_04-30-19.jpg (1284x364, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_83Wr_N8_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Didn't, still rocking an i3 2120

Interesting. Hm, the non-K 8700 is only 0-100 Mhz slower than an 8700K without OC. Also, most people don't OC anyway.

>hey guys look at this graph of an unnamed benchmark that doesn't have units

Attached: photosynthesis.jpg (291x256, 21K)

Lol age of oc for general use is dying
I haven't had the need to oc my adt two CPUs as the factory boost settings worked 1600x and 2700x

Attached: 2018-05-22_04-41-19.jpg (1280x679, 474K)

I thought I wanted to overclock for the lulz but ended up going back to stock because fan noise

Same thing happened with the i5 6600. The k version at stock used more wattage, which I assume meant the silicon was lower quality. Furthermore the overclock was crap and used a lot of power.

Overclocking is a meme, CPU are already powerful enough for any task.

CPU's*

plus we are at our maximum height (Clockspeeds)
we need to start making devs to go wide(Multiple cores)

Better question is why did you buy Intel.

That same unnamed benchmark but with 4 lines this time sure convinced me.

OCing nowadays is pointless CPUs are smart enough to boost themselves close to their max.

Remember the 8700k boosts to 4.7ghz and that's only 6% of the typical max OC. And of course those extra 300mhz don't translate in 1-1 performance increase.

So yeah OCing both CPUs and GPUs in 2018 is pretty much a pointless waste of time.

Not to mention any meager advantage of pushing the OC to the max is cancelled out by a massive increase in power consumption.

I am a corelet stuck with i3-6100, and am considering buying a used 7700K since its base clock is higher than the non-K.

OR I might wait until 7nm Zen comes out since I can save money until then.

ryzen has no K
stay kucked, buddy

CPUs*

Wait for 7nm Zen, otherwise you will stay a corelet and additionally you'll become a delidlet.

I love dick in my mouth

has no performance either lmao

because I knew I could get 20-30% extra performance for free once my 4670k was starting to fall behind.
Turns out my chip wasnt that great and I only got 21% but thats still pretty good when you consider the K version was only 10 bucks more.

It has been dying ever since Ivy Bridge.

Physics has caught and Intel/AMD are no longer being ultra-conservative with their binning. Their high-end SKUs are close to their clockspeed/thermal envelope. They have locked down their lesser SKUs so no more el cheapo Celeron/Athlon OC that rival high-end SKUs.

10$ more and a 90$ cooler

>overclocking doesnt matter
t. buttblasted intel shill

Really, you think it's intel shill that are against overclocking, considering how amd fanboys get in a fit every time 8700k flaunts it's OC and ryzen gen 1 being stuck at 4ghz or gen2 at 4.25

what a dumbarse

Attached: laughing asian cartoon whores.png (702x464, 490K)

My dad offered me my 4790K for a birthday

because the 4770k was only €7 more expensive at the time

>Be me
>Buy Ryzen 1700 for 300 as opposed to 1800x for 480
>Overclock CPU to 3.9GHz/1.325V

why wouldn't i overclock?

Oh, I forgot, AMD offers actual value. intel cucks btfo.

wow that's a lot of gamings, i wonder how much gamings my cpu can handle

probably not much since Jow Forums is filled with larpers or /v/eddit poorfags

ayyyyyy

I'm from a time where intel didn't had K shit and everything could be overclocked and beat the shit out of AMD.
I will probably get a second gen threadripper now.

Attached: 3385.jpg (500x416, 64K)

I didnt. I got the based i5 8400

good choice user, did you get cheap ram and motherboard to go with it?

my condolences

>year of our lord
>2 cores

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrez.jpg (2296x2464, 285K)

Nope i bought it at released and got 16gb of 3000mhz ram for 160 and paid 110 for a z370. It was that a or a 1600 at the time and the 1600 is shit at gaming.

im using [email protected] and the perf is not that far behind from current gen.
gonna wait for 7nm zen.
8C Zen2 5Ghz is my wet dream.
byebye intel

ah, too bad you didn't get to build best bang for buck gaming machine.
Still superior choice though.

5.0 Ghz / 4.7 Ghz (stock turbo) = 6%

99.21/94.35 = 5%

The best case scenario.

That same ram coats 190 now so I am not sweating it and i like the faster ram

6600k fag, I don't even know how to overclock my with my shitty asus bios JUST

because it was cheap. i dont even care about the oc features.

I wonder how 7700K users felt when 8700K was released just 7 months later.

That's true in Ryzen. 3.0 vs 3.7ghz don't mean shit in 1700.

It doesn't for standard uses like browsing, also i am not a fanboy of either brand, had a 6100 FX, then an i5 6600k, upped to i7 6700k but those fine ryzen is getting way ahead with all those threads and that nice arch, i might be grabbing the ryzen 2 in the future, i get whatever brand offers my needs better performance.

Because I bought the X version
(like seX)

a socket a year

Mmmm
Them where the days

Wrong.

Turbo boost on Intel only does 1-2 core at a time for that 4.7Ghz boost. With BCLK OC, you can get those Turbo to 4.7Ghz. Those extra mhz don't translate 1-1 performance, but rather 1-0.9 performance increase, specially in workload performances.

OC'ing had always been pointless for the mass. Its push has always been for the enthusiasts.

Wrong logic. If you only cared about clock/power efficiency, you'd downclock most of your CPU/GPU. If you cared about power consumption issues, you'd get a weak single core ARM CPU. If you cared about performance, you'd overclock your CPU/GPU/etc. Saying power consumption increase cancels out overclock performance gains is quite ridiculous. The logic itself here is wonky as fuck.

Is what you tell yourself.

Higher stock clocks on the K ver

I didn't. I bought a Threadripper.

Attached: 1523915698717.png (1536x1152, 1.26M)

>mfw I still use x58 + westmere xeon

Attached: 1512170034029.jpg (535x525, 64K)

>I'm from a time where intel didn't had K shit and everything could be overclocked and beat the shit out of AMD.
children are so cute

>that 40 year old boomer who still posts on Jow Forums

Attached: 1526965236884.jpg (250x229, 19K)

I can never remember her name. What's the anime?

>based
you mean shit?

Attached: 8400shit.png (1338x1181, 67K)

>has to use much faster ram, water cooling, overclock, and manually tuned ram timings to edge it out, while costing much more
KEK

Attached: it-appears-my-superiority-has-led-to-sme-coptroversey-white-29569506.png (500x677, 102K)

>Why did you buy the K version
>attaches illustration featuring comparison of two identical K version CPUs
i need a primer on what exactly OP meant by this

>much faster ram
doesnt matter ram doesn't make a differnece for intel

>water cooling needed for 4.2
*citation needed*

>overclock
yea that thing good cpus do

>manually tuned ram timings
*citation needed*

cost of a intel platform is $490
cost of a AMD platform for 4.2 ghz and 3466 mhz ram is $505 for a substantial boost

Watch the video the screencap is from, retared. He manually adjusted the timings and said you could get that oc on the box cooler and had it watercooled. He clearly explains it costs much more and takes a significant amount of time to configure it to run like that

Attached: image_51.jpg (808x1077, 605K)

couldn't get that oc on the box cooler.
Its a hardware unboxed video. Look it up

Are you saying as an intel user that you are far to retarded to do that?

Overclocking is a meme and pulling cmos and fucking with voltages and benching till stable is a waste of time. Having to do this entire process on the ram too is autistic. Then you decide to flash your bios so you have to save all the shit to a profile or you lose it all. Hours of lost time.

you are never going to see 4.7ghz on a stock 8700k, more like 4.5, maybe 4.6 if you have like nothing else going on.

Look at people doing single core cinebench runs. 4.7ghz single would be about a score of 204 but lots of times you see sub 200 scores.

>Overclocking is a meme
intel everyone

Attached: 1503856121352.jpg (682x787, 136K)

lel why is arma such a piece of trash to not be gpu bottlenecked at 1440p

>system randomly crashes a month later

Attached: 1526653081904.jpg (1024x576, 47K)

Is that the controller you use to play pubg on cuckbox?

because intel is shit

You're embarrasing yourself. I dont own an xbox and if you want to have console war threads go back to /v/

Because I couldn't get enough cocks in my ass with a regular intel i9.

Yes you do you own an xbox because intel is far to shit for gaymen

>spamming multiple threads with xbox comments
Go back to

In 2016 when building my ITX build, the 6600k was $5 cheaper than the 6600. Now, the K model did not include a heatsink, which didn't matter because the stock heatsink would not have fit inside my tiny case.

ymmv

>retarded xbox user telling anyone else to go to /v/

Its CPU bottle necked. ARMA only uses handful of the cores. 1 main for game and 1 other for audio and stuff.

So this game benchmark is purely single core IPC benchmark.

4670 baby, no reason to upgrade

tfw literally better performance

>boomer
But baby boomers are like 60 minimum these days

Its not lol they updated it, which is why ryzen doesnt completely suck at the game like it used to

some dude on reddit received a ryzen 3 with 8 cores

super conservative binning lol

Did he have to do something in UEFI like unlocking Phenom II cores or did he just receive a better processor marked as a shittier one?

sailor moon

You realize OP that your picture makes an argument for buying the K version? You people are FUCKING STUPID lmao

>K version $20 more
>$1020 build vs $1000 build
>K CPU adds 2% to the system cost for a ~4% increase on that benchmark picture

It's STILL worth it with that biased picture. You are ALWAYS better off overclocking and any fucking excuse not to do it is just showing your own stupidity or apathy to do so.

Attached: Iy4tDgt.jpg (305x429, 13K)

The non-K version isn't only locked but it's also clocked lower at stock.
Also in the games most people actually play(say the majority of the top 10 on twitch) CPU frequency makes a big deal.
Games tend to be optimized like shit. This is why my 4.8ghz 6600k outperforms my friends 3.8 ghz 1600 by a good 25% in WoW.

1600 sucks in general at games

The point is that same argument can be made for K sku Intel chips. Their higher clock stock along with the potential to overclock is important at 1080p in popular games.

The 1600 is unlocked too, sucks just marginally less when overclocked. Headroom is a factor when overclocking

Of course it is but I don't see how that is relevant. The point of my post was that in the games that people actually play and at 1080p that a K sku intel chip makes sense because they benefit from frequency a ton.
I simply mentioned the 1600 because it is an extreme case of a low frequency high throughput chip.
Another advantage to the K sku's+z370, aside from their high stock frequency, is the ability to run higher clocked memory.

The 8700k needs to be delided to not run hot as hell. Part of the whole headroom discussion, there isnt much headroom without a delid. I hate that cpu for being so hot. I was going to get it but having to delid is bullshit

Even though the 8700k has shitty TIM which forces you to delid it at least it's something doable.
Ryzen chips no matter if it's the one you buy from the store or the cherrypicked one by Su herself and given to the almighty linus fagtips still won't get pass 4.2 without going nuclear.
Neither the guys from gamers nexus or hardware unboxed which are the least shill channels out there managed to get past the wall which starts at 4ghz and every 100mhz after gets exponentially more fucked up.

I don't have a new cpu so i don't care.
also don't play games all that much just casual gamer now.

Most of my machines are not top grade cpus because i don't need it.
You know it might sound pathetic but i only have 2 games that i really need my i7 on.

ME: A and RYSE , for some reason they murder cpu proformance.

Other than that having a i7 is purely for bragging rights nothing more.
anything over 60 fps is a meme

t. i7 6700k user

God I wish that were me. That guy is ukranian by the way.

What is HyperThreading?

its russian by the way. DAMN Russian hackers!

youtube.com/watch?v=6_83Wr_N8_g

>why

memes

how is that i7 treating you my friend i have on and temps are high as hell, 6700k @4.4Ghz 1.260 Vcore and a CM ML240L RGB AIO shit goes above 75c-80c on Asus Realbench and got some horrible spikes in the high 60c while doing basic stuff, ambient temp is like 32c, also llc on high setting z170m d3h gigabyte mobo.