2011+7

>2011+7
>Jow Forums STILL want to become code monkeys

Attached: images (8).png (300x250, 7K)

Computer Engineer*. I’m smarter than the monkeys. I’m an ape.

73% of CEs become programmers. An ape is still a monkey lmao

Wrong. Monkeys and apes are both primates. Go back to your Biology class.

>73%
You gotta source for that percent other than your ass?

This. Also systemsprogramming >>>> CS code monkey js frameworks

Attached: 1525764399503.jpg (662x602, 212K)

No it doesn't. No one said that. Stop making up things so you can be mad at them.

yep, because as much as you entitled fucks like to complain about the tech industry it's still miles better than alternative fields.

who said OP was angry

Who said OP wasn’t a faggot?

>2018
>frogposters STILL making stupid threads

Meanwhile MBA Chad with rich parents and contacts is snorting coke and receiving a 6 gorillion salary a year to tell nerds what to do without understanding a word of it.

Based Chad

I just want to be employed. I have an M.S. in CS and have been working an as an adjunct professor at a community college for $8k/semester

I dont care about money, just enjoy working.

I was a code monkey at NVidia for a bit, and honestly I'm thinking about going back. You really only actually spent about 1.5 hours per day doing actual work. You had the rest of the day to fuck around on the internet or walk around outside. I am a Sr. Manager at a cluster now and do no coding and get paid more, but I am literally always either in a meeting, on the phone, or responding to emails, and when I go home, I am still reviewing shit for tomorrows meetings. I miss just being able to debug some routine in an hour and then fuck around for the rest of the day on Jow Forums

The majority don't actually want that. It's just that salaries and working conditions in IT are much better than in other areas.

Also code monkeys have job security. They will be fired last, after automating everything, including their own work. They will be tasked to develop the final piece of software that writes its own updates and then the corporate bosses will throw them out.
Only engineers and technicians who specialize in robotics will have a small chance to survive The Big Layoff.

If you were smart you would've used your skills with cryptos. MBA middlemanagement wagies aren't better of than senior codemonkeys.

but I love coding in angular, cannot imagine writing java or C or similar low-level stuff
I was born for javascript.

but nerds have a skill set and can survive on their own, but Chad will be fucked without his dad's money. Nerds can just leave the company and make Chad go bankrupt. Nerds can survive on ramen, fap and vidya diet for years, while Chad needs constant attention and success.

If anything, it just proves the evolutionary superiority of nerds.

>get called by job recruiter
>"so user, what sort of job are you looking for?"
>w-well, something to do with coding, I guess
>"so it's still like that for you, huh."
really opened my eyes

Because it's still paying well. I could get minimum wage working my ass off in a warehouse or I could get double that sitting in a comfy office doing fuck all. If you have the brain to be a monkey, don't be a donkey.

>systems programming
enjoy being poor for the rest of your miserable life

>so it's still like that for you, huh
>still like that for you

what did he mean by this?

that coders are illiterate monkeys?

They want to downgrade if you are a failure and can't find a job. Meaning cashier, dishwasher,... . The problem is if you take the bait and do this actually you are even more fucked to find a job suited for your degree cause working outside your industry is then held against you.

How do people get jobs where they can be 'doing fuck all' in IT?
Most of the stories i hear about junior codemonkey jobs sound like a BBC documentary about Chinese sweatshops. Especially if it's 'a new guy' in companies like Accenture.

>An ape is still a monkey lmao
You're a monkey but definitely not an ape or a human. Too stupid to know biology

The easy lazy jobs are essentially IT maintainance for larger corps. This means you sit arround and wait til someone has an issue where you fix their printer or buy them a new screen. The only issue is getting those jobs cause the people in it obviously are content sitting there til retirement.

>They want to downgrade if you are a failure and can't find a job

Isn't there a specific amount of time in which you have to be employed after graduation, or your diploma is considered worthless?

For example, if you haven't worked as in IT-related job for ~5 years after graduation then private HRs and even clerks at job center believe that you have lost your skills/knowledge from the university. So maybe that's the reason they offer you shit jobs?

There is but what i mentioned accelerates it.
I.E.:
> don't find fitting job instantly
>take low level job
>work ~1-2 years in it while looking
>you're now rated outside the field gg no re

That probably depends on the country and culture too. Around here it's not too bad. Rarely any overtime, mandated breaks, two weeks paid vacation on top of all kinds of holidays. And that's the legal minimum I got in a temp job. With the salaries offered for code monkeys, I'm expecting a bit more than that and I won't have to lift 30 kg boxes.