Tfw Digital Hoarder

>Save every file and program straight to desktop for years
>If I move any programs off of the desktop it breaks them because of the filepaths
>Don't want to delete my cache or temp files because I feel like they might be useful or something might happen if I delete them
>scattered junk files all over and no way to organize them
>thousands of disorganized bookmarks of youtube videos and weird pages I never even visit but found mildly interesting
>Keep buying multiple hard drives so I can keep back ups from months ago which i never use, but cant bring myself to overwrite them because I feel like there might be important data I'm forgetting about on them

How do I fix this?

Attached: 82a41e9de5e8547fc06e81342e56b69ce4bad5c5f63d3dccb69036a166db4dda.jpg (500x563, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ww4.cartooncrazy.net/watch/the-simpsons-season-28-episode-11-pork-and-burns/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Save every file and program straight to desktop for years
You're an idiot and you got yourself into this mess, not even considering the rest of your post.
Start over. Do a fresh install and the pain of each time you discover something you lost will encourage better practices.

b..but my files

NAS and keep it organized

Nuke all of your drives.

Organize yourself. I started this shit with my bookmarks too. Then I realized "Wait, I haven't opened that website within > 2 years". I deleted the unused bookmarks afterwards.

It's not that hard. Just consumes a lot of time if you're an unorganized human being.

back them up first, you brainlet

IKTF It's mostly well organised though.

Attached: 23049837363.png (1018x68, 7K)

>devise organizational system
>whenever you access a file for any reason, move it to its proper spot in the new system
>when you're bored poke through not-yet-organized stuff
I knocked a few terabytes of JAV into shape with this technique

>go through files
>delete the unneeded ones
>put the rest in their own directories (that aren't on the desktop)
>start using something like rsync that synchronizes your files instead of ctrl+c ctrl+v
>sort bookmarks into directories, delete the unneeded ones
>remove youtube bookmarks and put them in a youtube playlist instead

thats wrong though because the videos will be removed

This, but move each file manually, create directories and use tags.

Forgot to mention: use a duplicate file checker. You probably have a lot of dupes like I did. Make sure to erase each drive as it's cleared.

Just know it's super satisfying when you get it all sorted.
I recommend mp3tag for renaimg mp3s by meta tags (fix up all the tags first)
and "reNamer" for bulk renaming files.

NSA already has all of the files organized ;)

are you me?

What do you mean? If it's a browser bookmark, then the videos can be removed regardless of whether they're in a playlist or in the bookmarks folder. If they're downloaded locally then they're not bookmarks.

but sure you will NEED that bookmark the day after you've deleted it

>If they're downloaded locally then they're not bookmarks.
Don't fucking give him ideas

Should've saved to the downloads folder instead.

I came in here expecting to relate to you, but you're kind of fucked up. I don't use Windows, and I sort things as I save them. I can kind of relate to the bookmarks and buying more hard drives thing. My bookmarks are sorted, but sometimes loosely, (such as having a bunch of things in a technology folder if I can't figure out how to sort them more specifically), and I do have the issue of trying to keep track of things I found only mildly interesting.

That logic is why I'm against wiping history, and in fact want to sync my history when possible. It's an absolute joy when you vaguely remember something and you actually manage to pull it up by typing some keywords into your address bar and having it suggest bookmarks and history. I haven't got a perfect history going back years anymore, but it's pretty good. I like being able to search chat logs for a similar reason.

Have a pleasant chat or two with a psychiatrist.

No, I won't, I'll have forgotten all about it by then.

Is data hoarding a sickness?

You dont really need them tho

That's not hoarding, that's just being irresponsible with yout data

Start organizing, run through your files and check if you actually need them by setting a minimum rule of usefullness.
If I had more HDDs I would start hoarding quality anime ,especially the old ones which are already difficult to find seeded.
t. text/image hoarder, 100GB of music 100 GB of images , 3 GB of text

There are very few files on your computer that you really need you should be able to count those on two hands back up those reformat everything and lose everything and just start over

Good idea though, I lost countless rare songs because I only made a playlist and then they got removed from youtube. Now I can't even remember the names of the songs, let alone finding the torrents to "a song from an obscure band from that one concert."

ask facebook for a job.

Thats not logic thats an irrational fear making you shit up your pc.

>ww4.cartooncrazy.net/watch/the-simpsons-season-28-episode-11-pork-and-burns/