Mac soft

Macfags, what software are you using?
Im on macbook air at home and mac mini at the office, have to use WebStorm for Front-end work, browsing with waterfox and webdev'ing in Chrome because target audience.
But it seems like waterfox takes too much battery.
Also is there any music player that isnt iTunes but looks nice and isnt bloated?

Attached: mc.jpg (700x543, 46K)

bump

>Also is there any music player that isnt iTunes but looks nice and isnt bloated?
Cmus

I was given a macbook at work.
After giving MacOS a go for about a day, I thought it was fucking garbage, and installed GNU/Linux instead.
I'm seriously not impressed with Apple products.

>looks nice and isnt bloated
Funny how these two things are of no concern to those who actually use a Mac.

>Autism

Attached: 1514272129322.png (429x245, 38K)

Macfaggot 27" 2017 model, 5K reporting for duty! I'm using Chrome. Nothing else, just Chrome.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 4.40.34 AM.png (510x178, 52K)

Clementine > iTunes

YouTube Music > iTunes > cmus > Clementine

OP here
Influenced by Jow Forums, i got convinced that google is the worst company on the planet so i start using worse (read usability and design wise) products, but im just sick of it.
How do persuade myself to use chrome again?

Haha, oh wow.

Attached: 1462141914265.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Chrome does everything in one browser window. On the phone, Assistant does everything. This seamless experience has convinced you. Time to install.

chromium

*HI-FIVE*
APPLE 4 LYFE AMIRITE MACBRO?

Attached: 1522059637714.webm (400x400, 1.94M)

Except that based boy is clearly running Windows...

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Attached: 1515524663171.jpg (2592x1944, 1.13M)

VOX music player, it ‘just werks’, isn’t bloated and also shows file parameters (bits and etc). Recently in build EQ got partially locked behind premium account but it’s not a parametric EQ and didn’t even have lots of sliders so who cares. For EQ it’s audiohijack plus plugin of your choice.

Kenneth at the Genius bar called me bro as well. This is a great community.

nice thanks

>is there any music player that isnt iTunes but looks nice and isnt bloated
there is, but it's such a pain in the ass to get it here
i patched deadbeef's GTK version to actually compile and get it running on macOS (you can't just download all the dependencies and compile it, like on any normal *nix)

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 12.53.51.png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

Svetlana superslav grill

no bully

Attached: 1613335193.png (512x472, 177K)

Attached: 20170425002816.png (900x980, 87K)

>dock
>visible at any time
kys

A day is not enough to test an OS you dumbass. I bet you spent weeks getting used to loonix quirks.

Safari will grant the best battery life on Mac.
I've never used WebStorm but it looks interesting, generally I use VSCode for frontend dev.

Are you playing regular audio files or are you using lossless?

>A day is not enough to test an OS you dumbass. I bet you spent weeks getting used to loonix quirks.
I honestly had no intention to continue using MacOS even before I started using it. I'm a software developer writing software for computers running Linux in C.
There is no reason I would want to inflict Apple's crappy ecosystem on my development environment.
I thought I would give it a short go just for the sake of it, but overall just found it pointlessly annoying to use. They have to do everything in their own shitty special snowflake way, and have barely any real customisability in their god-awful interface.

looks bad and not functional, good job!

> I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll keep talking

hes running windows

>People aren't allowed to have first impressions
>People aren't allowed to have their own opinions
Nice job, fag.

(You) can literally make your own layout, so everything is up to you
the final look will also depend on your GTK theme

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 13.56.58.png (897x522, 53K)

You don't need to inflict their ecosystem at all, I run a Hackintosh at home with no Apple anything attached.

Pretty much every OS is trash out of the box, I bet if you had a good software setup (like Spectacle, Bartender, Alfred, Quicksilver, Homebrew etc) you'd actually like it, there is some seriously good, lightweight mac software out there.

It's a customisable as you want it to be because of the unix base. Hell you could replace Aqua with KDE or some shit if you really wanted to.
Also really not sure why you'd call the interface "god awful", I'd put it up there way above anything M$ has made.

why would I lose more than 1 minute on downloading a "music player" and ricing it? not to mention

> downloading pirated music in 2018

which is ridiculous and unpractical, unless you are an animefag neet who only moves from basement to the kitchen

> need to go do something, but hey I've discovered an aweseome new artist via suggested radios based off my interests
> add the album on the playlists
> get inside the car, find it there right away and play it during the trip

how does it feel to be obsolete?

>downloading pirated music in 2018 is ridiculous and unpractical
Umm what? Since when is transcoding impractical? I have all lossless at home but use Opus on my laptop then streaming services for mobile, downloaded cds give you the most options.

Downloaded audio is only impractical if you have shit tier internet, storage or processing power (transcoding).

just use Safari
if you don't use Macs for their software what are you using them for?

Attached: reaction_aha.jpg (200x200, 11K)

how does placebo quality boosts make it practical compared to not thinking about moving/copying/deduplicating music anymore? do you know what practical means?

oh god you're such a normie
please don't reply me anymore

Enjoy your low bitrate trash.

Cog, OP. Find the latest fork. It's a very simplistic player with an actual GUI and it supports many snowflake formats as well unlike other players.

I've been through pretty much all the browsers at this point and I've actually settled on Opera for mac. I remember opera being hipster trash back in the day, but now it looks clean, its functional, it can install any chrome plugin, and it uses as little battery as safari. Total win in my book.

Safari lacks webbum support still, and some websites still fuck up as well. Not that it's bad. Very little battery consumption, pretty fast and if you use one of those trackpads it's much more responsive than Chrome or Firefox.

I consider Opera to be just Chrome with a few more options and no chrome data sync. Pretty good if you want a dark skin, to be honest, since the incognito one on Chrome looks like absolute ass.

Since this thread is about macOS:

What's better for an SSD? HFS+ or APFS?

I believe it is based on the chromium engine yes, but they somehow made it resource efficient. Also a built in VPN which is supremely easy to use. Not for confidential stuff but just to get around region locked content it's quite handy.

not lossless
also i probably wouldnt use some deep audiophile's fiddlings

Firefox, iTerm, Spotify, VLC, brew, officeshit, thunderbird

> 320kbps
> low quality
> still not providing valid alternatives (because there aren't)
keep dreamin'

nice argument faggot, it's time to empty some piss bottles isn't it?

Question for macfags:
Is it the usual to update and for the computer not to boot up at all afterwards
Cause this is some bullshit

I use Enqueue for the lossless support, I really like the layout.

Can you boot in recovery or safe mode? Tried a verbose boot?

GNU/Linux

I could boot into recovery mode but not into safe mode.
When I go into verbose mode while trying to do a normal sartup I get an "Unable to open /var/db/bootcache.playlist: 2 no such file or directory" error.
On top of "kextd unavailable" and "bash: /etc/rc.server: no such file or directory"

a girl can't piss in the bottle, user

First try booting into recovery mode, open disk utility and repair your disk permissions. That error sounds like it's trying to create a boot cache but doesn't have the permissions (or it's trying in the wrong place)

Have you tried booting into single user mode? (apple+option+S+U keys)

You could try and rebuild the kext caches manually if you get into single user mode like so:

fsck -fy
mount -uw /
rm -rf /etc/launchd.conf
rm -rf /System/Library/Caches
kextcache -i /
reboot

is it possible to buy a 2nd/3rd gen i5 MPB (non retina) for 200/300€? that's a little higher than an equivalent thinkpad, i'd like to experiment with the mac ecosystem but i don't want to pay too much

buy thinkpad, install hackintosh on it
it's that simple

Alright I'll try that out.
Thanks, by the way.

i'd have to buy another drive to swap, my x230 is my daily driver and i don't have time to mess with a dualboot or worse a new install that may not work. Also i don't want to mess with barely working drivers, i need something reliable

christ, i'm looking on ebay and you can barely get a C2D Mac for that price and they totally suck. New macs prices are high but used macs prices are totally insane

No problem.

I've been running a Hackintosh since 2014 so I've encountered my fair share of retarded mac problems. My favourite was one time I accidentally all my fonts (which included the system fonts) and it refused to launch any part of the ui that included fonts/symbols. That was fun.

So I did the kextcache thing and I got a lot of rejections due to invalid signature
I also did not have permission to delete the library caches

You definitely used sudo? Don't mean to patronise.
So repairing disk permissions didn't work?

they surely can

Wow, you are dumb.

Oh no patronise all you can Im 100% retarded
And no, it said it was OK

And the same thing happens if you sudo?
I think the invalid signatures is a result of having SIP (System Integration Protection) enabled. You can disable it via csrutil disable in terminal.

Alright I deleted launchd and disabled SIP
Ill try again

If none of this works a reinstall might be a better option.

>mactoddlers need to hack apart their toddlerOS just to get root access
L
M
A
O

>typing "csrutil disable" in a terminal is hacking
I want this "command prompt = hacker" fags to leave.
Also
>hacking is required
>on a toddlerOS
>hacking toddlers
Don't you see flaws in your own memery?

>Literally two words pasted into terminal
>hacking apart
Imagine being this retarded

Not like hacking fagOS is hard or anything.

Attached: 1505861807506.png (978x964, 633K)

Oh well I guess Ill restart then
Hopefully It works after this

maccucks will defend this

Now would be the perfect time for that image of that maccuck that wasted all of his gbp on shill gear

>Also is there any music player that isnt iTunes but looks nice and isnt bloated?
I use Swinsian, it's pretty similar to foobar.

how