The Microsoft Store on Windows 10 only lets you make three settings changes per year

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: 152667595507.png (1002x838, 56K)

All limitations in all systems can be overridden if the individual using said system is intelligent enough to lift these restrictions. Most however find their time more valuable and just use an OS that is not shit.

>Most however find their time more valuable and just use an OS that is not shit.
tell me one please

Who the hell uses the Windows store anyway?

>Using the Store
shiggy

I've never opened their store desu.

Ubuntu.

Truly, the OS for cucks

Attached: 1519438903809.jpg (2048x1145, 289K)

Attached: 1526257172777.jpg (1080x793, 119K)

It's similar to using the App Store on an iMac. Nobody with sense does it.

arch ya fuckin fag

Manjaro. It will be used in enterprise soon. The desktop Manjaro will acheive populairyt in homes all across this country

>google this topic
>same screenshot is from plebbit 8 hours ago
You have to go back, faggot

is this real? what possible function could this serve from Microcock's perspective?

>open microsoft store
>change a setting a bunch of times
>dont get the message
I can only guess the person who did this is retarded, or they turned on some setting that would give this prompt.

GNU

>Microsoft Store
??

Attached: Untitled.png (419x596, 40K)

Windows 7

>on Windows 10

Okay..?

Do you have inter cranial issues?

No.

>The Microsoft Store on Windows 10
>on Windows 10
>ON WINDOWS 10
We're not talking about Windows 7 here you goddamn fucking idiot.

retard

You are the retard.

Okay..?

>The Microsoft Store on Windows 10
tfw Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB 64-bit
just try it and be comfy

He's implying how "Windows 7 doesn't have this issue" and thus "it being a better OS" but in the end both of you two are brainlets that are stuck with Microshit software.

Hey friend, I think the point they were trying to make was that Windows 7 has none of the problems Windows 10 has.

This faggot has been baiting you for 30 minutes and you're too stupid to realize it, end your'selve

I know what he was attempting to imply and he only came off as a complete retard.

no, just you

this but unironically
loving 18.04 right now after having ditched Linux for 4 years

this, OP is a retarded tech incompetent idiot.

>get-appxpackage -name "*store*" | remove-appxpackage

there were like these somewhat hidden items on the MS store, really cool shit cheap. I think they wanted the stuff available to employees or Pajeet.

I got all these different metal Microsoft logo mint tins and metal containers. They make good wallets, I wish I'd got more.

Anybody donate their points to help starving children in India?
...didn't think so.

Attached: Lain-Thug-Life.jpg (1427x971, 274K)

I opened the windows store once! I prefer using the netflix app than using edge to have true 4k support.

He said
>OS
not
>muh favorite memeinux distro that doesn't support any real software

Imagine that not all PC users are teenage dorks, who love wasting their time tinkering with obsure Jow Forumseekshit in their basement. Some of us are actual adults, who don't need to look KEWL and EDGY, they just want a working product from a reliable company.

Good choice, but 7 already obsolete and eventually there will be no more support.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

>working product from a reliable company
said a guy using glorified xbox as his OS

LTSB is for corporate clients only. You don't get to choose what OS to install on your corporate PC at work (not that LTSB itself is a bad choice). I hope you're not actually suggesting to use a pirated copy of Windows?

>I hope you're not actually suggesting to use a pirated copy of Windows?
What is wrong with that?

>7 already obsolete
imagine being this much of a brainlet

7 has support until 2020.

Until October 2021 actually.

Even better.

Stop spreading misinformation.
It's a DRM setting for games in the store etc.
You can change the other settings freely

Attached: setting.png (745x177, 7K)

yikes

you can't defend this wintards

security risks for example. Even if you get lucky and your Windows .iso won't be infected (0.001% chance when downloading from public torrent trackers, 0.1% from private trackers), there's no guarantee that it will work without issues. It is always a Russian roulette and a lot of wasted time.

In order to be completely 100% sure that your Windows iso wasn't tampered with you have to download a clean iso from msdn and in order to do that you need an account and a legit license key.

Might as well just purchase a genuine Windows license that just works.

>i don't know what checksums are or do, sorry

mac
os

>what is SHA256

>Corporate only
No. Some Universities give out keys to students and it's the same build as the Education version.
>security risks
>torrents
You realize you can get the iso direct from Micro$oft you daft fucking, cunt.

But how will freetards cope if not by spreading disinfo on their FOSSturd echochambers like Jow Forums?

>it's the same build as the Education version
No. LTSB is a static build, in this case 1607, supported until 2026 without Store functionality, Edge, Cortana, etc..

>Microsoft
>not a security risk

that's the point, none of Windows iso available on public trackers match the checksums of genuine Windows iso from msdn.

Even torrents labelled as "clean Windows iso" have different checksums.

Maybe if you get lucky you can find one, but it will take a lot of time, which will be spend digging through a pile of shit (public torrent trackers). Might as well use that time productively, earn some money and purchase genuine Windows and get a 100% safe product. It's literally a win-win.

>You realize you can get the iso direct from Micro$oft

you need an account and a genuine license key for that

LAMO

>you need an account and a genuine license key for that
No you don't, are you retarded?

Your fault for not knowing how to use a search engine. I have all LTSB 2015 and 2016, both x86 and x64, with all hashes matching the ones found on MSDN.

>windows is a reasonable choice for an OS

HAHAHAHAHAHA

>implying microsoft is ever going to make a half decent product again, and W7 is not even that good

I opened it once to get WSL. Never again.

>genuine windows is safe
>has ads enabled by default ON YOUR OS
>10 years ago if you had ads on your desktop you had a computer virus
>today you just have Windows 10, a product you have to pay for the lease to use, yes it is a lease.

If you like the product why don't you purchase a genuine Windows license key then?

Also you are not supposed to use a corporate-only version in your home environment. These different versions exist for a reason.

If it isn't why billions of people around the world are using it? Checkmate.

>has ads enabled by default ON YOUR OS
>10 years ago if you had ads on your desktop you had a computer virus

You cannot seriously compare exploits and viruses used by criminals with the official features enabled by the developer to enhance your user experience. You are being ironic aren't you?

>yes it is a lease

And? What's wrong with this business model?

so can some windows fanboy in here explain precisely what and which new features MS has added to Windows ever since Windows 2000? how have they "improved" the product? what do you really need in an OS besides the ability to use all of your hardware to it's fullest extent? why does your OS need a graphics API built in? it doesen't. directX only exists as a vendor lock in scheme. it's worse than OpenGL in terms of performance, and it only runs on windows.

why does your OS need to bundle a web browser, media player, shitty games, movie software, etc etc? why is microsoft paying people to make these half assed products? so they can justify the price you pay to lease this steaming pile from them. so that you can rationalize away the invasion of your privacy. so you will accept advertisements on your personal computer's desktop.

there's a better way out there.

>If you like the product why don't you purchase a genuine Windows license key then?
I wouldn't touch Windows 10 with a ten-foot pole. I was just correcting your bullshit

No waiting you aren't a b9in. Maybe you're being sincere, in which case posts like

>What's wrong with this business model?

Scream only one thing at me - היהודי

MMMM i live ads! they really enhance my user experience so much
bait harder

>If you like the product why don't you purchase a genuine Windows license key then?
What are you talking about? It is as henuine as it gets. You can run your own KMS server in a VM to activate it. LTSB, Enterprise and Server are the easiest Windows to activate.

windows can't even do a shell right, they have commands with upper case letters in them, and they all start with Get- or Set-

the more you look, the more you see that this product is shit at every level. that's why they can't even add a feature without breaking everything.

Attached: microsoft.png (1300x4704, 1.14M)

That piece of shit is set to update apps automatically by default

This, among with all other bounded shit that you didn't use in last 7 days (all of them except maybe paint and calc)
>inb4: whatever I'll just ignore it
This is why you get constant updates and ad tiles. You deserved it.

Add a neck chain, a black dildo and a pepe Nadella and it'll be perfect.

what a fucking stupid command

on a good system that command looks like this

apt remove game

or more generally

manager remove package

see, logical. succinct. efficient. fast.

kek'ed

>After all the years and wasted attempts at forcing it down people's throats, our Store app is finally gaining some traction and people are starting to use it
>"Good job, millions of capital well spent. Now think of the dumbest thing you can implement to it and do it in a display to every one of our consumer that WE hold the monopoly here"
>Genius

What the fuck is wrong with this company? They did the exact same shit with IE

Google is your best friend. After having found the Reddit thread, it seems like it's an option to use your Microsoft apps ofline.

>inb4 Reddit fag
I Google searched it after reading this post:
You're welcome.

Why would you use Linux if you don't use the software store?

>Arch fully supports Gnome and KDE "apps" via the GUI installer.
>Installing Arch, then using the Gnome package installer

I'm guessing you mean Powershell? It's case insensitive, auto-complete will input the preferred capitalization but it works without.
>they all start with Get- or Set-
You generalize, cmdlets naming convention indicates they have to start with the operation/action name, those are merely 2 common ones

PS is far from perfect but if you're involved in any kind of windows automation (rare are the workplaces totally free of windows), it's a life-saver and a great resume keyword.

my experience of GNOME Software (Packagekit) is that it often takes forever to load anything and i usually give up and close it and just use the command line. it also leaves gigabytes of cached packages lying around which have given me headaches in the past. it also doesn't seem to fetch updates from all repos. sure it would be nicer to point and click rather than type the word "update", but it doesn't seem like a reliable option at the moment.

> He said
> >OS
> not
> >muh favorite memeinux distro that doesn't support any real software
If you don't like Linux distributions, then please, continue to use what you use. However, Jow Forums will give you shit for that.

You can also remove by explicit name, don't be a retard. This is something like pacman -R $(pacman -Qt package). It's just packages have fuck long name.

Good bait.

I thought I could go back to being a windows user. But that os is fucked up beyond recognition.

jfc

Attached: 1383489456468.jpg (258x310, 18K)

what is tab completion?
> aurman -R imp
gimp (2.10.0-6)
gimp-plugin-resynthesizer-git (2.0.3.r1.gdfc2815-1)
python2-simplejson (3.15.0-1)
xsane-gimp (0.999-1)

Gentoo
Ubuntu
Arch
Debian
Solaris
BSD
mac OS
temple OS

Just why? Why the fuck do people subject themselves to this? Especially for a product they paid for?

They are pushing to see how much their brainwashed customers will put up with. Turns out, they'll put up with a lot. We've reached a new low but still no bottom in sight.

>However, Jow Forums will give you shit for that.
Name one OS/distro that Jow Forums won't give shit for.

>using windows 10
>using windows store

Attached: 15331551321532.jpg (600x512, 25K)

Attached: lol.png (1421x572, 381K)

why technology has gone to this level of abomination? I read all this shit every day and I feel like i am gonna kill myself. Transgender programming cartels, reCAPTCHA and Windows corporate death machines. In 2018 TempleOS is unironically good computer solution

this was entirely predictable. It went the way of the car - initial users were more adept than later generations who can't do shit beyond using it as it is. Comsumers are lazy retards. And they pay for that with getting fleeced. It's the tard tax.

The new enthusiast machine will be SoCs. The low hardware allowances will keep out the normies and plebs, while the well documented hardware will allow for the programmers to take full advantage of the device.

>everyone eats up anything OP says
>even though he's flat out wrong
????????????
???????????????????
why is Jow Forums like this

Seriously, somebody answer me. Why are there so many shitposters now on Jow Forums?
It takes like 3 seconds to verify and yet this entire thread is full of screeching about Windows, calling others retards when you guys just fell for a fucking ruse.

>Transgender programming cartels
lolwut

Linux (freetards especially) basedboys have overtaken the Jow Forums.