I need a rundown on Ad-Free Spotify

Jow Forums, what's the final solution for streaming music without paying for it?

I think Spotify's discover weekly system is king of music recommendation algo's so I want to keep using the service, but i don't want to pay and I no longer want ads.

What's the best solution to be able to use spotify ad-free on my laptop/desktop and bonus points if I can get it ad-free on mobile device as well.

Attached: serveimage.png (2400x2400, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md
stallman.org/spotify.html
git.teknik.io/SMLoadrDev/SMLoadr
blogpirate.net/2017/08/08/how-to-block-those-nasty-ads-in-spotify-app-in-windows-linux-and-osx/
pastebin.com/hqhB12eP
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't get ads on the PowerPC version.

Find a group people to join Spotify with the same address and apply for family plan
This way it's easy cheaper when you split the bill equally between all of you

AIMP + ThePirateBay + RuTracker = LOVE

get a job and pay for it, you poor piece of shit

>This way it's easy cheaper when you split the bill equally between all of you
OP said
>what's the final solution for streaming music without paying for it?
Try to stay on topic.

unironically just pay for it, the solutions are all fairly convoluted and listening to music with ads is subhuman tier
>AIMP
lol

youtube2flac

reporting all links and solutions to spotify to take them down :)

Why tho? What do you gain from that?

Seeing inept faggots like you suffer. I'm not that user though.

Spotify Ads are hosted on different IPs then the music, there are some sites with a collection of those IPs. Just block them with your hostfile or put a rule in your router, voila Ad-free.
Linux has the blockify package which does just that. For mobile you can load a modded version from the libre.io forums, which disables ads, and only shuffle. hq quality and offline dwnl is still not possible

>TFW got the Spotify premium apk

Pay for it, or go back to torrenting like it's 2008.

They have more pressing issues to worry about, user.

Linux is a kernel. It has modules.

Not this shit again

>What's the best solution to be able to use spotify ad-free on my laptop/desktop
Literaly just a few lines in your hosts file.

dude it's fucking 5$(or 10$, depends)
That's 15 minutes work, assuming (20$/h)
A Month has 43200 minutes.
You need to work 0.03% of a month to afford spotify.

>working every single minute of the month
THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF WAGIES

google "spotify hosts file reddit"

spotify is shit, just use youtube-dl

>having a job is a valid reason to get scammed
shills pls go

>youtube-dl

redpill me on this, plz. Any quickstart guide? Cuz ultimately I want to listen to a large library of music and be able to listen to that music ad-free on my phone as well.

I dont necessarily need to use spotify, but I'll still have it around because I like the discover weekly function.

read my post again, carefully

this or just pay

github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md

use -x, --add-metadata and --audio-format to get an mp3 and make sure the tags are correct, see output templates for how to format the files, you can download a whole playlist as an album if you do it right, there is a learning curve but this seems to be the best way these days to just get MP3s that you can put on any device you want without dealing with torrents or eating up some DRMshit

stallman.org/spotify.html

you can get in a spotify family for like $3 a year... why are you so poor Jow Forums

THIS, its like 5$ if you sign up as a student

Let it go. We don't want to pay for the "privilege" of them installing DRM and spyware on our computers.

/thread

> I don't know what I'm talking about but I'll talk

>not abusing the 3 month trial
stay poor poorfag

why download music from youtube?

git.teknik.io/SMLoadrDev/SMLoadr

youtube-dl works with a bunch of other streaming sites

I looked and spotify wasn't on the list.

why is your solution to find a way to use spotify ad free instead of just not using their shit service?
brainlet

Except I have used spotify before and it's DRM and spyware. The service can't work at the scale it does without this. Eventually you get sick of its shitty playlists and recommendations which are actually all just more paid ads. Shit sucks and no one should ever pay for it.

Believe or not it was just as bad several years ago when they couldn't afford servers and so you literally were just paying to use a torrent service with DRM, spyware and ads loaded into it. I can't make this stuff up.

cracked apk still works you dumdum

neither does the thing you linked, because spotify is DRMshit and encrypts all their music

I guess. It was more of an alternative like yours but isn't shit.

>streaming music

except that only supports one streaming site, youtube-dl has been around for longer and supports a lot more sites

yea but it's guarantee high quality rips. With youtube dl you never know what kind of shit you get

>abusing
>trial

Anything else because I am going to backup a list of videos.

it lets you pick the stream quality
>high quality rips
is that you silva?

i dunno, just test and make sure it works good for your workflow with a few playlists before you go and download a bunch more of them, in my experience the tags can sometimes get messed up

>I need a Ad-Free Spotify

Here you go OP blogpirate.net/2017/08/08/how-to-block-those-nasty-ads-in-spotify-app-in-windows-linux-and-osx/

Attached: spotify-ad-block.jpg (750x259, 31K)

fuck off russian shill

who /using apple music/ here

>mfw spotify dogfood just works

Attached: cosby_face.gif (500x376, 438K)

mopidy + ncmpcpp

commmand line mpd-like service that connects to your spotify account, ncmpcpp is the local client music player. works great--no ads.

Ain't nothing wrong with paying Spotify to use their server bandwidth and giving them spare capital to pay more content creators to host high quality audio files on their servers. Free as in freedom, not free beer.
Also yes their recommendation botnet just KNOWS what's good.

Redirect the connections to the ads in your hosts file, and there you go. Ad-free Spotify streaming.

pastebin.com/hqhB12eP

wagecuk

neet

I'm using the Spotify flatpak in Arch and I have never seen an ad, and no, I do not have a paid subscription.

Fag

buy iPhone X , download tweakbox, Download Spotify, Enjoyadfree spotify

Profit?

Running servers ain't free

Get a job loser

Why do you fucking niggers spend hundreds of dollars on a phone with a data plan but won't subscribe to Spotify?

>3rd party stores
You know you can side load it yourself, right retard?

What is it with the marketers in this thread? OP clearly doesn't want to pay for your shitty service.

elaborate.

>OP clearly doesn't want to pay for your shitty service.
It's quiet easy to not pay for something you don't like.

It's the principle of the thing. If I'm to install and run a botnet app on my system I'm either squeezing WAY more value out of it than the default will provide, or they should be paying ME for my meta-data. If it's so precious to them, cut the check. I can live without spotify

Not sure why no one has mentioned YouTube and 4kDownloader.
>inb4 the spergs say 'muh youtube-dl'
>command line program kek
>stuck in the 90's kek

For desktop add to your hosts file.

For mobile, get the balatan modded apk from mobilism.org.

>streaming music

So you do not have extensive muic collection stored on your hard-drive?

Attached: peek.jpg (762x717, 84K)

>I want a service but I am too cheap to pay
Just kill yourself.

>i want to steal
>just not the valuable stuff
You have a condition called kleptomania and should seek help or kys, whichever is more convenient.