Let's be honest here

Let's be honest here
Macos is the only OS that has no practical value whatsoever. If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.

>Windows
Professional content creators fled from macs en masse to windows after Apple abandoned the pro market
Entire global economy world and desktops run on windows
A few servers run on windows

>Linux
IT, sysadmins use Linux
Supercomputers, embedded chip and Android runs on Linux
Linux and FreeBSD has top quality emulation technology
Majority of Servers run on Linux

>Macos
Tech illiterate hipsters that need a shiny facebook machine need macos
Unironically faggots use macos even Apple CEO is a faggot and steve jobs was a smelly hipster who thought taking shower is not necessary (Not kidding)

>hurr durr I'm not poor
Buying organic water to prove otherwise is not only dumb but also laughable

Find me ONE reason that validates macos' existence
PROTIP: You can't

Attached: 1501640378337.jpg (640x627, 112K)

it works out of the box with a whole office bundle and everything included for free.
The ecosystem of apple software works great together, as well as seamless syncing across devices natively.
It literally just werks and you can get straight to work/whatever.

I was a serious win user for my whole life until i got a mac in my current job of 3 years. I got so hooked on I bought a macbook air for my personal use.

The only OS in existence that can run commercial software often found on Windows. While being a solid choice for power users because its UNIX architecture. The only downside i see is the retarded harware choices that Apple have.

It allows me to use latest adobe cancer without using microsoft cancer

/thread

Wrong.

>using apple cancer

Attached: 1512666945043.png (658x951, 144K)

t. buttmad faggot

I just like it OP, I'm tired of dealing with broken window managers that segfaults and kills my login session over and over again and other quirks and bugs that never gets fixed. I'm tired of FreeBSD flavours coming and going and never being able to rely on something for more than a couple of months.

It is a BSD for the masses.

>gets buttmad his useless toyOS gets called out
>calls others buttmad

Attached: 1503121798339.webm (640x360, 1.48M)

>Find me ONE reason that validates macos' existence
Its continual ability to make teenagers like you offended at someone's operating system.

It's a stable, good-looking, UNIX-tooled system, with less hand-holding and spying than Windows; there is nothing to dislike.

I'm pretty sure I've read this post before

Attached: 1520581414464.png (307x410, 167K)

>Caring about other peoples computers

Attached: 12cyOFV5F6mW2342WSls-eHcMFnhJQ43xKyv8pyIykg.jpg (428x720, 30K)

>less hand-holding and spying
topkek m8
u 'avin a giggle?

Attached: 1511164383161.png (673x888, 273K)

>spotlight phoning home
It literally asks you whether or not you want to opt out of that on a fresh install.

> using Spotlight ever, when Alfred exists

>j-j-j-jus turn it off
>leav apel alone!!!!
Literally the exact same excuse wincucks used for W10.
A maccuck has defended this botnetOS.

>Literally the exact same excuse wincucks used for W10.
Yes? And those that turned of the Amazon shopping lense in Unity and the Yahoo! online search stuff for Linux Mint... Where are you getting at?

>A maccuck has defended this botnetOS.
Oh no, it's le botnet meme. However will I recover?

Attached: 1524616511894.png (714x834, 287K)

This. Though I would rather neither Mac OS or Windows exist, Mac OS is far more usable and benign than Windows, especially for commercial software.

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>fagOS
>usable
lmao

I said it is more usable than Windows. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

Oh snap!!! You really told him!!! Someone call the burn unit, weeeeooooo weeeeooo weeeoooo amirite xDDDD

maccucks have defended this

Jow Forums runs on macs

if it seized to exist I would be very happy

>(You)

Attached: 1508809459407.gif (180x180, 211K)

>being angry because someone likes something you don't like

>all this samefagging

>>being angry because someone dislikes something you like

Attached: 1507909904293.jpg (813x1402, 176K)

>seized

Jow Forums would have run on Windows or Linux if moot (the faggot) had windows or Linux boxes lying around instead of Macs. Hell, it probably would have been better that way

Oh no, you used my exact same argument and you even posted a funny reaction pic?! How will I recover from this humiliation?!

It would have been better with GNU/Linux and worse with Windows.

>they believe Jow Forums actually runs on mac minis because that's what moot said 10 years ago
Do you autists even understand what irony is?

>muh yahoo and amazon un these 2 specific versions of linux
>out of like 20000

mac is shit
but a lot of people paid a lot of money to look cool while sitting at starbucks so they'll defend that piece of crap beyond any logic

> seized
At least macOS users are literate.

>moving the goalpost
The point is that anyone can understand their own system and choose to use a particular feature or not. Screaming "muh botnet" at everything is simply not a valid argument.

macos a shit
జ్ఞాజ్ఞాజ్ఞా

hey pajeet

Attached: 1526978797828.jpg (2048x1145, 289K)

You should see Japan and Korea. Literally every fucking teenager has one of those turds in every coffee shop. And what do they do on them? They browse fagbook and listen to gaytunes.

>They browse fagbook and listen to gaytunes.
How is this different than 99% of all normal people.

Can mods do something about these useless threads? What is the point of these? You are not stopping anyone from buying mac and you are caring what computers people buy: making you look like whiny bitch.

Thread died for this and mods can fuck off because they are useless

>want a stable/justwerks unix-like OS with an unfucked GUI solution
>supported by an industry-leading corporation and not just a community of people, organizations, and companies that all have different goals and interests
whatcha gonna do, OP?

Nah, even wangblows is decades ahead of the steaming shitpile that is mac-"type root and press enter twice to become admin"-OS

>he doesn't set the root password on his system first thing
Dude, your normie is showing.

>muh out of the closet experience
Tech illiterate confirmed. Even obscure linux distros ''''just werk'''' out of the box.

retro copypasta

>MacOS
Professional content creators still use it, pajeet
IT, sysadmins use MacOS
iPhone runs a MacOS distro
MacOS has top quality emulation technology
There is MacOS Server

>"Even obscure linux distros ''''just werk'''' out of the box."
>take a look at the catalog, 1/3 of threads are rants about how shitty Linux distros are and how they never work
Good one

Attached: laughing-jack.gif (238x211, 576K)

Its the only OS my parents and grandfather can use without needingvto call me daily

>4chink is a good measure of any thing
>4chink isn't filled with tech illiterates
Kekt&rekt

>You are on Jow Forums right now saying that macOS is shit based on your shitty tech illiterate opinion
That backfired on you, didn't it?

I installed ubuntu in my old laptop and guess what? it just worked!
i also been using windows for a while and it just fucking works!
WTF is going on!
I though only apple products could "Just Work"™

This.

No, I'd say Windows manages to be worse by a long way.

>please teach me logic
Clearly this would be too much work

>I installed ubuntu in my old laptop and guess what? it just worked!
Good for you.

>I though only apple products could "Just Work"™
See I'm not saying that Apple products are the only ones that can work, I'm just saying that most people don't want to deal with buggy software like most Linux desktop environments undeniably are.

This.

>getting this undignified over an unavoidable response to a clear set up
kek

>t. Mactoddler

Yeah, you sure told me!

mac and linux are the exact same thing, mac was just smart enough to do the app store years before linux tried to do it... No one wants to sudo apt-get randompackagename bs...

>my stupidity is unavoidable
Good point

Linux is a kernel, Mac is a line of personal computers.

>No one wants to sudo apt-get randompackagename bs...
Except macports and pkgsrc works on macOS too, or homebrew if you are a pleb.

>can't even read

>mac and linux are the exact same thing
The absolute state of mactoddlers.

Attached: win mac loonix.jpg (2100x1500, 382K)

To be fair that seems to be Apple's plan too, in a couple of years MacBooks would just be running something akin to ChromeOS with iOS apps on top.

Macos computer
>Only buyable on a dedicated hardware handpicked for being cheap but sold at hight price
>It "work" right off the box

Linus installed on an old crappy random computer with a relatively recent distro
>Most of the time no problem
>Just "work" right off the box

No shit Apple work more consistently it is a proprietary bullshit you pay for being babysit !
Linus is free of babysitting but can be "not optimal". How can you compare the 2 ?

>How can you compare the 2 ?
You can't, which is why I use macOS on my laptop and Linux for servers.

>If it stopped existing all of a sudden one day, no one would care.
Then why do you keep bringing it up? Are you a fag or a shill?

The reason the ecosystem "works" is because it's all sterilized for double digits iq fags. Plus 90 shekels to be able to post your mistake on the macos store

what's he crying about. where's the sound?

>everything included for free
paying or the os and other features when you buy the product doesen't mean it's free, the majority of the non apple PCs come with windows alredy installed and that doesen't mean you are not paying the windows license in the overall price

>windows license
But you have to pay licenses for Office and other Microsoft programs such as Visual Studio etc, whereas on macOS all Apple software (Garageband, their office suite, xcode etc) are included for free.

There's also no "home edition" etc, whatever cheapass license you get by default from your vendor.

Yes you can. I'm using Fedora on a XPS 13, with a higher resolution than any MBP ever made, and it works just fine. You can definitely compare it, you just don't want to.

>with a higher resolution than any MBP
I don't care about resolution though, I care about LightDM or GDM or whatever you're using as your display manager doesn't crash and drop your login session when Firefox has a memory leak, causing you to lose all your unsaved work.

Never had that happen. I'm not doubting you did, but if we're going down that road, I can show you the 3 Mac Minis we have at work that have a boot loop because we tried the official update for macOS High Sierra.

You felt that your particular distro was unstable - sorry to hear that, but my login manager always worked fine. Don't extrapolate your experience as a law.

t. Windows user pretending to be a GNU user