IDEs

>IDEs

Attached: 1521259552314.jpg (690x460, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Init-File.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not using Emacs as an IDE
Pleb

Because fuck using things that work. Let me just assemble a thousand plugins into my autistic console text editor so I can barely achieve the same functionality.

>implying emacs isn't practically an entire os
>implying you shouldn't just set emacs as your login shell and have access to everything

this

>implying everybody lives in caves
get a job, neet

I have a job. I develop software for Linux.

There's no way to force the editor to make a tab whenever the tab key is pressed. That prevents it from being useful at all for any programming whatsoever.

I'm tempted to use Emacs on Windows, will it give the same experience? Considering that Emacs is an OS all in itself I believe it has the same feel regardless of any OS it's installed on

>There's no way to force the editor to make a tab whenever the tab key is pressed
?

It's a great gateway drug to Linux, so yes, go for it.

interesting..

what?

Does your ooga booga retard brain not know how to form a sentence? Use words faggot. What was not clear?

Attached: CgyjJi3.jpg (1838x2048, 129K)

>lkdjhfalks;dfhasdjfhsad

What?

>What was not clear?
The claim that you can't create a tab character. I don't understand how someone can be this bad with computers. Are you hiroshima nagasaki by any chance?

I like being able to focus on what I am doing.

>The claim that you can't create a tab character.
No you *can*, but you have to to go through every major and minor mode and tweak it just so, for it to make a tab instead of space. I have yet to find any indication you can just override all modes and say "fuck you were' putting a tab here, shove your spaces".

Attached: 1509846969614.png (645x614, 83K)

What the fuck are you ranting about?

If you don't have basic reading comprehension skills then fuck off.

Attached: flat,900x900,070,f.u1.jpg (900x900, 73K)

Nobody here is understanding your problem, mate. To get a tab character, simply press tab. If your tabs are converted to spaces, then you're using a custom configuration file.

Did you literally start using emacs yesterday?

Yet I've experienced the exact opposite of that, and you haven't shown a single line of elisp to back that up.

>Yet I've experienced the exact opposite of that
You're clearly fucking retarded.

>you haven't shown a single line of elisp to back that up.
Why would I show elisp to demonstrate the default behaviour (as in the behaviour emacs would have WITHOUT a configuration file).

You're severely retarded. I'd suggest RTFM, but in your case I think euthanasia is the only viable solution.

If this was just some low-effort trolling, then congrats, you stringed me along for a couple of posts.

And yet you are in every picture you've posted thus far.

Retard of the year award goes too user!

How about a paid one.

I earn $85k (680k NOK) a year doing so too.

Kudos for you. Private or public sector?

Private, obviously (I wouldn't earn that kind of money in a public office).

>not using glorious jetbrains products with vim keybinds
its like you want live to be unnecessarily difficult

>I wouldn't earn that kind of money in a public office.
Who knows, they've thrown a lot of money into LiMux project.

Mind to answer this?
How much of the code most distros runs is written by paid devs?
Does your code gets shipped outside what you do?
How custom is your distro (e.g. stock image, modded image, built from scratch)?
>inb4 archer

>Get BTFO
>Start samefagging and calling me a retard
Wow nice argumentation there. I'm sure you'll get far.

I literally just installed emacs on a PC that never had it installed at all, opened a C++ code file, and by default it was using spaces. I can understand the advantages of having different indentation mods for different languages, but not having some way to globally override it as ludicrous.

Attached: 1524070518939.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

>How much of the code most distros runs is written by paid devs?
I don't know. The kernel itself is mostly written by paid devs, but for the distros it's hard to tell. Most contributors aren't even developers, they translate and maintain packages, test etc. I think many of them are professional, but they do it on their spare time unless the lucky few that are hired by Canonical or FSF/Gnome.

>Does your code gets shipped outside
Yes.

>what you do?
I develop and maintain drivers and software for a proprietary interconnection technology that the company I work for makes (low-latency high-speed interconnection). Some software is GPL, and some is proprietary.

>How custom is your distro (e.g. stock image, modded image, built from scratch)?
I just run Ubuntu LTS with Xfce, but I'm considering jumping to Fedora permanently because I'm tired of outdated packages.

I have some colleagues that swear to iwm and awesome, and a former colleague had written his own one, but I personally just prefer Xfce.

>hurr durr why is my editor using the same indentation as the one already being used in the file, it's stupid, fuck emacs, fuck linux
Fuck off, retard. Seriously, google it, >>>/sqt/ or just fucking kill yourself. Whatever you find easier.

>but not having some way to globally override it as ludicrous.
gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Init-File.html

Fucking brainlet...

There's more than one person replying to you, you stupid subhuman animal.

:se noet
now kill yourself

This is the actual state of Jow Forums these days. These people actually think they belong here.