When somebody reminds you that you're wasting your life

>when somebody reminds you that you're wasting your life
>everything you've accomplished is stuck between an LED and a piece of glass
>you exist to make pixels flash a certain colour in a certain order
>your world is that of a 2D illusion in a 3D reality

somebody can relate? also feels thread about being a useless waste of space

Attached: 1478182498903.jpg (500x598, 190K)

the end can't come fast enough desu

I do get payed for that which means I'm making someone happy. Thats something at least

Attached: zend__1__by_drenriquehouse-d6a0j6d.gif (500x281, 860K)

could be worse, senpai
you could be doing manual labor

Yes but I only do that about 30 hours a week and make more than enough money to live comfortably and pursue expensive hobbies outside of those 30 hours, so I don’t see the problem

Manual labor is better

yeah but don't you think that your life should have some impact? I mean we all have only this one.

Technically this is just as true whether you're a neet playing MMOs or an employed programmer writing code.

Everything is pointless and nothing really matters.

If you’re a tradesman, yes.
If you’re doing unskilled construction work you’re even more of an ant than office workers.

>that 30 year old boomer who thinks workong a shovel in the sun all day is better than working on a computer

Attached: images.jpg (234x215, 8K)

My impact and legacy is through my children, because unlike 90% of our generation I didn’t fall for the “ugh kids are the worst XD be a genetic dead end so you have slightly more spending money” meme

>30 year old boomer
wat

A 30 year old would by definition not be a boomer.

I know a guy who fucked up his back very painfully at age 29. He can't sit up for more than an hour at a time. I think he might dispute your proposition that manual labor (whether a trade or unskilled) is a good thing.

>that underage boomer who just got off the boat from reddit this week

>but if you do a 360 you would be walking the same direction

Attached: oogaboogaaa.jpg (800x450, 38K)

you got a point although i can't say the same for me. But in a bigger context everything is pointless and even if we have a huge impact on the world it's fucking nothing to the universe itself.

>falling for the trades meme

Attached: Shrek_Snap.jpg (1024x752, 93K)

>30 year old
>boomer
Do words mean nothing anymore?

Well you should probably just kill yourself then since all of life has no meaning

hehe guys
we got him
epic win

why? the only thing that really belongs to me is myself, so why should i throw it away?

wtf is a tradesman? you mean a salesman or a clerk?
i meant manual labor as in construction, factory, or cleaning toilets as a janitor

Is this some reddit meme I'm not understanding?

It's an intelligent hobby. I wish I was smart enough to be good at technology. I'm trying though

nah ur just stoopid

Eh. When I first started doing research in my field, I was a bit nervous, since your actual work (not considering meetings and chats) is about 96% done on a computer, the rest 4% is scrapbook and doodling.

Then I realised that there is no other way, really. When you're dealing with billions of measurements across different scales, you can't really pull up your abacus, you need a computer. Also, I get to travel lots, meet interesting people, relocate for work a few times, they pay is good enough to live a somewhat comfy life...

Could be worse.

They key is to do may different non-computer related things in you free time: exercise, hiking, whatever.

Of course I am, why else would I be on this board?

touchè

>Everything normies do is to make atoms have a certain number of electrons and be arranged in an approximately desirable shape.

>Even the world we think is real is illusory

>hurr, nothing matters, everything is just a bunch of sub-atomic particles
>I need to make the best of this life, it only matters cause I'll live once
Just pure hypocritical and circular reasoning. Nothing belongs to yourself, not even your own life. If you honestly 100% believed in the regurgitated bullshit that you love to eat up and throw at other people, you'd realize that you're a hypocrite.
Atheikikes call themselves logical but when they are faced with the end-result of their pseudo-rationality, they always act like hypocrites. Suddenly the "solid reasoning" leaves them and they act out on "feels".
If you truly believe nothing has any meaning and we're just like animals, the fact that you understand it and the fact that you believe in it would lead you to ending it all or atleast make sure you don't touch anything around you. Because that is the only logical conclusion if you followed your own logic. Unless you don't honestly believe that nothing has any meaning, staying alive while at the same time sperging at everything around you, you're nothing more than a hypocrite.

user, are you trying to talk me into killing myself?

Attached: 16386870_1869924619930782_2667143749518273982_n.jpg (619x490, 22K)

I can’t imagine being this retarded or (more likely) underage.
Welders, HVAC, plumbers are all tradesmen. It is specialized physical labor often in regards to infrastructure. Unlike brainlet construction illegals they actually make decent money, though a lot of them still fuck up their joints or backs if they don’t take up a management position within a reasonable amount of time.

By your own admission we’re all irrelevant compared to the universe and make no impact, and you said you wish to make an impact, so why bother?

how is it illogical to say that nothing matters and then to 'act out on feels'? that seems to follow perfectly

what the hell are you talking about, once you finish college you should have a general idea about your personal reach, if your reach doesn't belong into a world changing category, who gives a shit, construct your life based around what's possible and realistic for you and don't forget: many lives, judged by the standards of the people who live them, are simply not worth living.

dude, stahp i'm not gonna kms

Attached: wojak.jpg (601x508, 28K)

Your genetic line will fade in 2-3 generations

ok, then have a cup of coffee

Get outta here Schlomo, your concern trolling doesn’t work on me

nah if i'd get another one i'll probably get a seizure

What you do is up to you and the consequences lie with you; I'm not responsible for anything. I'm simply pointing out that you can't have your cake and eat it too. Nihilists, hedonists, etc. are nothing more than cowards, hypocrites and pseudo intellectuals. You can talk big about the universe about philosophy, about human nature and the human race. But when things become too personal, they always either wimp out like a hypocrite or end it all like an idiot. It's easy to bark out one-liners. But when it's about yourself or your family or anything close to yourself, people are always forced to face reality. After that, some just delude themselves and keep living on like they were or, in the ultimate turn of haplessness, they end it all. Either way, their actions and words don't mean shit. They can't change what is, was or will be. The only thing your actions and words affect are yourselves and those around you. So the least you can do is follow through with your meme to the ultimate end or better yet, stop spreading your bullshit to other people.

>Well you should probably just kill yourself then since all of life has no meaning

Attached: 1506879178657.png (645x729, 40K)

That follows perfectly because that logic is flawed. But if that logic was true(and he believes it to be true) he'd have no excuses. If he truly believes in his bullshit, he'd follow through. So, either he has doubt or he's lying or he's just retarded. Because claiming to be 100% logical and rational and then acting out on "feels" is hypocrisy.

>It's easy to bark out one-liners.
>I'm simply pointing out that you can't have your cake and eat it too.

>You can talk big about the universe about philosophy, about human nature and the human race.
>But when things become too personal,

Attached: 1509416174215.png (645x729, 32K)

Attached: FEE3A419-4F4C-40D3-B3C2-988F816BF438.jpg (540x820, 73K)

>ha-hah, fucking brainlets, amiright? Not like us enlighted fedora-tipping intelegtuals that bitch about shit but at the same time are so eager to hold onto that shit or the products of that shit. Maybe even claim it as our own. ha-hah!
Truly a method of absolute kikery.

tl;dr

>the fact that you understand it and the fact that you believe in it would lead you to ending it all or atleast make sure you don't touch anything around you
Why the fuck would that be the logical conclusion?
I can believe that nothing has meaning but this belief doesn't demand a change in how I live my life, for example I believe that life has no meaning and it's just chasing whatever gives you dopamine without violating other people's rights or local laws.
Why would the fuck would killing myself be the logical conclusion here?

Great, now take that logic and apply it to the retarded original post about “hurrdurr why have this type of job it has no meaning.” But you won’t because you’re a double digit IQ brainlet.

you are not actually believing in it if it doesn't change your life, you are just spouting empty words, that's understandable though, it's facebook status level of forming your image based on some shitty observation about life

>t.hypocrite
You believe that you're no different than animals, yet completely overlook the fact that humans have a level of self-awareness that other species don't have. Being a hedonistic faggot that chases after feel-good hormones and short bursts of emotional release shows that you are a liar. If in the grand scale of the universe, nothing mattered and if you truly believed it yourself, an-heroing would be the only logical conclusion. Why it's logical? How is it not? If nothing has meaning, why continue onward? The moment you gained that understanding, the moment you 100% believed it would be the moment you'd follow up with soduku. IF you were the "logical", "rational" being that you claim to be.
But you are not. No one is. Everyone can bitch about shit but in the end, they feel. It's all fun and games for hipster faggots to moan about philosophy until they face reality. When that happens, they either follow though or they change their views or keep on living or they keep on living but this time, without pestering others.
The whole thing is understandable. But just because it's understandable doesn't mean it's not fucking annoying. If you believe nothing matters, the least you could do is separate yourself from decisions and stop trying to change the world however you like. That's not only hypocritical but selfish as well. Ofc, that's another whole thing entirely.

I do online surveys £ paid to ask who I may or may not vote for, embrace the botnet

>an-heroing would be the only logical conclusion. Why it's logical? How is it not? If nothing has meaning, why continue onward?
The same argument works in reverse. Why bother to kill yourself? Do it or don't do it, it's immaterial.

I'm afraid you're just hurling insults and not making much sense, what I said only has to do with your call for people who don't see meaning in life to end their lives which is not a valid conclusion.

Nice projecting there. Care to explain how exactly does my belief require me to change my life?
I'm still doing what I think life is, chasing dopamine. Striving for a successful life does not give immediate rewards but can be very rewarding later on, literally just waiting longer for more dopamine.

The fact that I think life is chasing dopamine does not necessarily mean I have to be a hedonistic faggot that only looks for immediate rewards, I can easily see more reward in doing things like having a successful career, kids, etc. and strive to do those things as well.
Death isn't rewarding, it actually stops me from ever feeling reward again. I still don't see how you can come to the conclusion that, life has no meaning, therefore I should end it. The second part of that is invalid, buddy.

Enjoy your ruined body, decades of regret, and non-existent retirement.

Attached: xjYHyjm.png (623x263, 25K)

And yet, you choose to live. Not because you can't bother to die. But because to you, life is precious. You cling onto this world while slandering it, like a hypocrite. Doing it is the only logical end to a 100% "logical" and "rational" being. To prolong this would mean he's irrational. That he operates on feelings. To prolong suffering for the sake of hope, it shows a side of humans that you deny with your initial logic. Same goes for . looking for rewards while the reward is meaningless? You're no less deluded than the ones who an-heroed themselves. Only, you probably have a better life than they had.
Once again, hypocrisy. Because despite your pseudo-philosophical rubbish, your actions come from your yearning for this world. Not logical, not rational, but plain old human nature. To denounce something, to slander it, but still taking from it all the while acting all high and mighty.

bringing new human life into this world is unethical

What about utility locating?

Goddamn that's a lot of faulty assumptions in one reply.
Let's start from the top: I believe that life is only about chasing rewards nothing more, therefore I do what I find rewarding. That can be anything from helping the needy to playing videogames.
I don't see how continuing to live is somehow contradictory to my beliefs, I can find reward in having and raising kids and still not find some kind of spiritual meaning in it.
>To prolong suffering for the sake of hope
Life isn't suffering, at least my life isn't idk what kind of life you live. The rewards are ultimately meaningless, they're just chemical reactions in my brain, this does not mean I have to stop striving towards them.
Really I feel like your enforcing a bunch of different random beliefs and assumptions on me that I don't agree with just to come to a conclusion that you like.

The software I write gets to kill hundreds of sand people, no problems here.

Attached: file.png (641x497, 573K)

>your world is that of a 2D illusion in a 3D reality
so you're saying developing VR games is a more novel career path than, say, infrastructure for a water treatment plant written in C++

Yeah, life is pointless no matter what you do, so enjoy it and don't think too hard.

I wageslave everyday and my only objective in life is getting my dick jammed up in young girls without any protection, and keep my dick jammed up there for 2 hours so they can't deal without it again. Pretty pointless but incredibly enjoyable when you see a young girl looking at your eyes spaced out with her lip kinked up.

I lost my virginity at 25yo to a 16yo 4channer. Now I'm 32 fucking a 17yo.

Attached: 1526384026641.gif (487x560, 898K)

Just because what you accomplished is "stuck between an LED and a piece of glass", or a certain order of zeroes and ones, or just chemicals in your brain, or just an assembly of atoms doesn't make it any less real or meaningful, you insipid baka.

Fuck off back to your containment board.

that post hit you that hard you had to create a thread about it. Man it is sad.

So you are a hedonist(despite saying otherwise before). And as such, you are already a hypocrite. I don't see what you are arguing against. You believe everything is meaningless yet hold those meaningless things as precious. While at the same time you don't agree with people who believe that the universe isn't chaotic and has order and purpose. Why try to hard to prove what you believe? You don't have any sense of duty. So you say one thing, do another and believe that nothing you do has any consequences. While all the while you probably also look down on certain people doing certain things. That is hypocrisy. You have chosen this world. Just be upfront about it like you are now. No point in mental gymnastics.
If something is meaningless, logic dictates to abandon that which is counter-productive.
>they're just chemical reactions in my brain, this does not mean I have to stop striving towards them
And here is the delusion. the delusion that you're a logical being and at the same time believing something as illogical as this. I wasn't replying to only one person. But even though the final decision is different, the faulty logic that they stem from are the same. And choosing a faulty branch of that faulty logic, you arrive at your own conclusion. Yet you care enough to uphold your views despite you yourself claiming nothing has value and everything is meaningless. That is illogical.That is irrational.
This isn't going anywhere so I'll just leave this at that.

Sure I guess If I'm a hedonist then the word is meaningless, I don't believe there's anything other than hedonism that's core of my argument.

>yet hold those meaningless things as precious
I do not.
>Why try to hard to prove what you believe?
I find arguments entertaining, I derive pleasure from them, dopamine, etc.
>So you say one thing, do another
Only under your random assumptions and beliefs that you throw on me do I ever contradict myself.
>While all the while you probably also look down on certain people doing certain things
Another assumption.
>If something is meaningless, logic dictates to abandon that which is counter-productive
There is nothing that is meaningful, life is meaningless, death is meaningless. Nothing is productive therefore nothing is counter-productive. I know this might be hard to understand for you but you seem a little too eager to enforce your reality on me, you're going to need to take a step back and think about these things a little deeper, you have a lot of beliefs about reality that you think I must believe but I don't and therefore it makes me a hypocrite.

Basically what this whole argument was is you assuming I share your view on reality and destroying me in your head because I don't share your beliefs as well. Gee, I wonder why this was a pointless argument.