/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with

Attached: sqt5.jpg (350x392, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/272868/download-only-format-mp4-on-youtube-dl/272934
duckduckgo.com/lite/yahoo email hacked
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first

What are the downsides of patents? I can't come up with anything. Not even a libertarian argument.

is it possible to upgrade toughbooks?

Attached: Screenshot_20180522-203022.jpg (720x1280, 463K)

You create something very useful for the public and patent it.
Then you never produce or create it.

Thank you. Is there anymore problems with patents that an expiration date couldn't solve?

Is this a good indicator the drive will die soon or might it keep on going for years still and still just down to luck? Honestly not sure how to read this shit or at what point it becomes wise to just treat the thing as broken and throw it out. I only really keep shit I torrented on there anyway so I wouldn't be that upset about losing it but did notice that occasionally my media playback will hiccup and stall and I'll have to pause/resume before it will start again.

Attached: Untitled.png (815x547, 415K)

Is there a keylogger for phones?

google keyboard

so the power went out during a >windows update and my computer is really fucked, won't boot from a recovery usb, can't get to advanced startup, nothing.

I'm thinking I boot from a linux USB and try to move stuff from the drive that has the windows installation on it to another (got an SSD and HDD) then clean the SSD and go for a fresh install. Does this seem like a feasible/good plan?

>hooktube
>"Sorry! Both the streams tested for this video had an http error code and can't be leeched. Reverting to normal youtube embed."

Is hooktube dead?
What do now to rip good quality Youtubes?

Attached: it-blew-up.jpg (1495x833, 123K)

Did anyone else get their microphone fucked by the recent Windows 10 update? I bought pic related a few years back and suddenly it aint working no more, it shows up as an audio recording device but it just does not fucking record any audio.

Attached: mm4-thumb-2_e079a7e1-0522-47dd-866e-468e37c43838_1024x1024.jpg (1023x796, 50K)

Too low expiration date doesn't incentivize as much development and too high a expiration state bars this useful tech from other people who could use it to produce even more development.
There is probably a sweetspot where patents protect enough to make people wanna invent new stuff and at the same time protect so little that other people will get to use that patented method to make new shit in a sensible timeframe.

Um, derivities
Look at SHAMWOW and XORBIES
LITERALLY THE SAME DAMN THING

Any time you have reallocated sectors you need to immediatly unplug that drive and go buy a replacement and hope you can backup if you dont already have a copy.
You might be able to fix it by zeroing out the drive, but that is alway 50/50. Even if it did, i personally wouldnt trust the drive and would throw it away.

How secure yahoo mail actually is?

Attached: yahoo-mail-intro-670x335.jpg (670x335, 12K)

>What do now to rip good quality Youtubes
youtube-dl

What project should I work on to get a job?

How do I total a laptop in a non-physical way and in a way that a repair shop would say it would not be viable to repair?

Attached: omisego.jpg (609x768, 77K)

I have room on another drive for its contents so I guess I can just retire the drive easily enough and backup what I can. It's actually been like that for several months but I noticed recently the thing with movies I was playing sometimes freezing up temporarily so I started to worry a bit

Which cryptocurrencies are the most interesting from a tech/theory standpoint?

Attached: ETHEREUM.png (800x800, 46K)

>it is a command line

Fuck me in the mouth. I will try it, hopefully it is easy to use.

Doesn't even pass antivirus checks..

>open terminal
>youtube-dl "LINK"
>press enter
>wait for link to be downloaded
That simple, by default it downloads the highest quality audio and video avalible.

Best VPN that isn't blocked by 4chin?

can someone explan these to me ?
I'm not too sure...
Thanks~~

Attached: halpappreciated.png (750x590, 53K)

Woa, it works. It downloads the max quality too.
Had to look what open terminal is, but found it.
thnx

Bork the BIOs is probably your only option.

It is a webm though.. Not an mp4.

Do
youtube-dl -F
It will give you a list of qualities and their encoder, find the options you want
then use
youtube-dl -f
Pay attention to case

What is the most retard-proof multitrack audio recorder for Linux? I'm just recording myself singing, no instruments. I need to make practice recordings for my community choir

Here's some more explanation for this unix.stackexchange.com/questions/272868/download-only-format-mp4-on-youtube-dl/272934

How do I make Clover save to the SD card?

Woah, so this is the power of youtube-dl.
I love it.
Thankx.!

Attached: a1497833180419m.jpg (628x1024, 62K)

You might also want to check out ffmpeg if you want to use more terminal programs

Ok. This seems enough. I don't need fancy things. This seems it does what hooktube do so it's good.

where DOES the gboard keep keylog files, if your never connected?

Alright have fun.
You can also use youtube-dl to stream videos to media player such as mpv by using "mpv [link]"

Good to know, but I just want to save rare older tv talk shows, so it is mostly 360p videos for my archive in case they get removed in the future.

Guys, I literally feel like the biggest idiot on earth right now. Can someone just explain to me what the fucking difference between the tape alphabet and the input alphabet are? Fucking basic ass Turing machines and I'm too dumb already.

Is there a guide on how to estimate cost for a software development project?

i am doing a IONIC mobile app for a tourism company

>use qbittorrent search engine
>"house md 720p"
>no viable results
>"house md"
>only poor quality options
Has the owners of the show successfully wiped the internet clean of such a great show? Is such a thing even possible?

The input alphabet is a subset of the tape alphabet, such that all input consists of those symbol. The input alphabet particularly does not contain the blank symbol, which is the starting content of all tape cells that do not contain the input string.

Join some private trackers then

Attached: Untitled.png (1070x1008, 701K)

I am a CE student who wants to have at least an intern this holiday and I've got my linkedin profile ready for job hunting but I'm struggling with writing a good headline to gain more attention.
I'm fairly experienced in POSIX administration and programming especially Node.js and I've got commercial experience and I'm a volunteer in two organisations as a IT guy. I do want to find a job that's related with DevOps/SysOps than a developer position.
What my headline should look like? Examples I searched for showed me only people who already have a job and Google gives me examples not for IT.
Help will be appreciated.

Though honestly maybe they're just calling it "house" and not "house md"?

Admittedly that'll get you a bunch of irrelevant search results as well but it's worth trying?

I've been trying to become more tech savvy for a year and I still suck and can't even do the comptia901 a+ yet.

Why am I such a brainlet?
My biggest projects were installing Ubuntu and making a retropi. Why does god hate me?

Should I just finished school or something?

Attached: 1526863734578.png (800x1280, 758K)

>I'm fairly experienced in POSIX administration and programming
There is no such thing as POSIX administration. POSIX is a programming interface, but the administration of systems that meet that specification is as wildly different as administering a windows box versus a mac. Based on this claim, I strongly suspect that you are full of shit.

I mean administrating OSs like GNU/Linux distros and *BSD

Attached: 1513806952456.gif (900x280, 122K)

please help

Attached: c.jpg (693x86, 19K)

So the input alphabet decides what input words are valid, and not actually what symbols the machine head can read? Fuck me that explains a lot. That means the input words never allowed to contain the blanks, which are also different from spaces, right?

starting today, I've not been able to log in to a specific site with Firefox. I've never had an issue before, but now when I try to log in I'm just returned to the homepage, no error messages or anything

I've made Firefox forget the site, cleared all cookies and cache, and deleted the cookies.sqlite file. Still can't log in. I can log in with other browsers

Any suggestions?

Any addons? Are 3rd party cookies enabled?

You know Flash/Animate/Whatever's canvas and tools and layered stage and shit?
I need something that kinda works like that but for Linux.

>So the input alphabet decides what input words are valid, and not actually what symbols the machine head can read?
Right.

>That means the input words never allowed to contain the blanks
Indeed.

>which are also different from spaces, right?
Eh, maybe? If you are talking about spaces as in the thing I wrote eighteen times in this sentence, then yes.

3rd party cookies are accepted, I'm only running uBlock origin and tampermonkey. I restarted with them disabled to test and I still can't log in

I use quite a good amount of terminal-based applications (vim, vifm, cmus, lftp...), but it never seemed a good idea to use it for email too. I use Sylpheed and it's quite nice. As minimal as you can get while still using a GUI.
However, is it really worth it to learn mutt? What benefits does it actually provide?

Are you disabiling first party scripts?

What is the best android OS to install on a weak notebook? I want to be able to use certain apps natively on it but it's too weak for an emulator

Nope, can I do that from within Firefox or do I need to use something like NoScript?

Not much luck. Found a decent blueray 720p rip on TPB, but no seeders, lol.

I'll just try to enjoy what I already have (which is poor quality).

Never mind, I had disabled sending referer headers last night I forgot to enable them again kek

Took me one google search and reading 2 results
This magnet link has 10 seeds is 57GB and has season 1-8 720p bluray source
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BE5653F590C2388981331FF2591DF06B306ADEB5

Does anyone have problems with the captcha and uMatrix today?

patents ruin competition and their lenght is always arbitrary. Look up Stephan Kinsella's work or IP if you're looking for libertarian arguments against it.

>patents ruin competition
Derivitives

>57GB
U-huh. Very nice find. Stellar.

Why would i lie?

Attached: 2018-05-22-165732_1099x792_escrotum.png (1099x792, 177K)

Why would you specifically have to be the one lying?

What free password manager should I use and why? I'm on Linux for most things but occasionally use Windows for work, and Android for phone (I'd like it to work for all three). KeepassXC is looking like the best option so far.

If you boot from Windows install media, you can repair your OS I think. Although I would say backing up beforehand is a good idea.

What's the size of the individual files?

Try finding the old sound mixer in the old Control Panel. Search for Mixer and see if the input is muted there. Also I know Win10 can mute individual apps for audio out via this mixer, I'd check if the same applies for audio in.

I belive they are 300mb(from the folder name and since the special from s08 is 300mb), but im not loading that torrent again i dont have space lol

duckduckgo.com/lite/yahoo email hacked
not much

put it in
>ffmpeg bin
directory

In Ubuntu 18.04 with Gnome, when you click on a window in the dock that's already open, it doesn't close it again like it every other OS
Is there any fix or workaround for this?

Attached: b.png (117x137, 11K)

LastPass, as OSX, windows and Linux desktop app. also has iOS and Android support.

iirc keepassXC doesn't have an adoird/iOS app

I checked pwnd, but it didn't turn up.
Am I safe or should I check a different site?

I tried LastPass recently, but the Android app completely ate my CPU (no idea how/why). There does appear to be an unofficial keepassxc Android app.

Interesting. Guess it's a good find after all. Found a megalink on Reddit with 1080p episodes around the same size, which means I'll likely get better audio with what you found.

Thanks.

What is the best framework for webdesign?
Python web2py and using something about a hat for server i dont remeber its name

Wordpress

Bootstrap

I am currently using wordpress because i want my customers to have acces to certain things like media and post, can i do the same with web2py?

>unofficial
enjoy your passwords potentially being leaked senpai.

LastPass is the only other free application that works multi platform natively

Unless you pay for mega you will be restricted to 3gb per 24 hours with mega.

>using a password manager ET ALL
>single point of failure

I've got VPNs. And I prefer better audio rather than 1080p over 720p.

Once the patent is expired everything is up for grabs for everyone.
Therefore companies go far and wide to keep corporate secrets or abuse policies to extend patents to infinity.

yeah yeah, see you next week when you make your regular thread bitching about getting locked out of your account cause you "remember" the password, but it's just not working

get it from github dumbass

Whats the comfiest pair of reasonably priced headphones one can procure from brick & mortar?

Why the hell is system (PID 0) talking to Verizon?!? I'm from europe
TCP 192.168.1.110:57805 72.21.91.29:80 TIME_WAIT 0
TCP 192.168.1.110:57806 72.21.91.29:80 TIME_WAIT 0
TCP 192.168.1.110:57807 72.21.91.29:80 TIME_WAIT 0
TCP 192.168.1.110:57808 72.21.91.29:80 TIME_WAIT 0
TCP 192.168.56.1:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 4
Can not obtain ownership information

How dare you question the work of the NSA. I'll write up the extradition papers right now.

Well shit you could at least make so that a random noob typing netstat in the terminal wont find out? I thought you guys were serious

How do people break encryption? For example, how do people figure out how to unencrypted downloaded Spotify songs?

What exactly is downsampling and supersampling?

>desktop running 10 LTSB
>RX 480, latest non beta drivers
>lock screen
>go away for about 30 minutes
>unlock screen
>mouse cursor is invisible on 3/4 monitors
how the fuck do I fix this without rebooting?

How do I plug this to the wall using a 12v AC/DC adapter? Should i connect the red and black cables to the + and - cables of the 12v adapter and soldering them or I can find an adapter?

Attached: arcticalpine.jpg (800x800, 102K)

Can almost guarantee it's something to do with DNS. Try change to Googles (4.4.4.4, 8.8.8.8) or Cloud Flares (1.1.1.1)

lol

> reasonably priced
Relative term isn't helpful, give specific price range.

1. Flaws in the encryption software/algorithms.
2. Access to private keys.
3. Developer stupidity