/hmg/ Hackerman General

In /hmg/ we discuss pentesting, ctfs, exploits, and general being a hackerman.

CompTIA is not beneficial to your career and if you think it will be, you don’t belong here.

Resources:

VM/CTFs:
overthewire.org/wargames/bandit/
>easy beginner bullshit

vulnhub.com/
>prebroken images to work on.

hackthebox.eu/
>super secret club

Tools:
kali.org/
>meme dragon distro but it just werks

metasploit.com/
>scriptkiddie starting point and swiss army knife

Tutorials/Guides:
abatchy.com/2017/03/how-to-prepare-for-pwkoscp-noob
>From zero to OSCP-hero rough outline

youtube.com/channel/UCa6eh7gCkpPo5XXUDfygQQA
>IppSec, video guides for retired HTB VMs.

Certs:
eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/
>CEH, only looks good a resume to non-technical in HR

offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/
>OSCP, the big dick swinging exam, 24 hours to own 5 machines and a further 24 hours to write up a report detailing your methods.

Resources:

>web app hackers handbook.
Thanks IBM!

ibm.com/developerworks/community/files/form/anonymous/api/library/635ec0e2-2989-4663-82d2-3488f9d16dd8/document/09d6ec5f-ff2f-4901-8d44-05d10e848bc5/media

>OSCP videos

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f91feb6d2ea93f1c3c03b6be52051c2df72da1b7&dn=CERTCOLLECTION+-+BASELINE+-+SANS+%26+Offensive-Security&tr=udp%3A//tracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.zer0day.to%3A1337&tr=udp%3A//public.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//tracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A//explodie.org%3A6969

>Advanced Penetration Testing

danwin1210.me/uploads/F3thinker !- Hacking 2017/1. Advanced Penetration Testing Hacking 2017.pdf

>learn assembly and C

leaksource.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/hacking-the-art-of-exploitation.pdf

Attached: badshitedition.gif (739x736, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/yrmt/OSCP-Roadmap
xxxx.com/yyyy/resendcode.php?id=XXXXXXX&ajax=true
radare.gitbooks.io/radare2book/content/
monosource.gitbooks.io/radare2-explorations/content/intro/basics.html
0x0539.net/stage2.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I need your help fags im blacking out
I managed to own a user and the entire system, but its all part of a much greater network
Forget bruteforcing other ports, what would you generally look for in an owned machine, nmap excluded

whats the role of the machine? I'd just listen quietly and see if you can write to a local file or socket somewhere for keystrokes. see if you can find some logins to their intranet services?

No its not an active machine, I used a few exploits to get in, its got a bunch of services running, listening has no real sense
I tried to get other users' credentials in case they were also the same on other machines too, but to no avail
Most of them are behind a firewall so I cant really run exploits, and the one I am into now is airtight so no internet even if I have root

protection bumb

Is it a user machine? Is it a server?
From what you wrote I'd say you hit a honeypot.
Hope you used a VPN user!

So does anyone know of any hacker themed rpgs?

Asked this last thread, got some good input so asking again: how can a hacker make money, apart from having a literal pentesting job and looking for bounties?

Use your imagination mr fbi

If you paid any iota of attention to the last thread you would have seen a way...

So, I finished the bandit ctf, and I want to get in further, preferable with web app pentesting. Can anyone recommend a good CTF for me? Inb4 the web application hackers handbook; I've already read it.

Go back to overthewire and check NATAS

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks

Attached: 1518936422700.png (960x960, 746K)

Put together an OSCP roadmap for myself if anyone wants to use it:

gitgud.io/yrmt/OSCP-Roadmap

All good man. Some of the other ones there are like bandit on steroids; GRACKER comes to mind

Nice, thanks mate

Those OSCP videos better be good, I've been torrenting them all day

You’re in for a disappointing time. They aren’t the be all and end all, but they are something.

Dammit, why do we have such a big archive if its not primo stuff? Oh well, I'm at 85% downloaded, might as well finish it

alright fellers I have a question

say I can get a JSON string like this:
{"status":"success","verified":false,"data":"Verification code has been successfully sent","email":"your email","count":false}

when sending a GET request to an address like this:
xxxx.com/yyyy/resendcode.php?id=XXXXXXX&ajax=true

How feasible would it be for me to be able to alter the query string parameters so that the actual associated email address from the "email" field is returned?

I have access to the id values I need, I just want their associated emails.

Attached: senior-cowboy-stock-image-1141550.jpg (975x1392, 129K)

He ded

did you look at the api documentation

>nessus
>netsploit
>snort
>Ida pro
So if you're broke and want legit software for ctf at school, the fuck do you use?
Every ctf intro seems to recommend a couple thousand dollars in software investment.

>why do we have such a big archive if its not primo stuff?
Uhhh

Because of all the other shit in the torrent..?

Did you even look at the contents before adding it?

it's not on their api path, and it's definitely not in the documentation

After 2014, they started watermarking the videos with usernames if I remember correctly. That way if vids leak, they know who to revoke certs from.

btw do we steel have Fucko thread? Just curiosity.

Lets talk about remaining anonymous.
Tor Bridge -> Jump box
How do you get the jump box? VPS paid for using tumbled bitcoin? Any VPS providers that accept something anonymous like XMR?

I had to crash, couldn't even think
Its a server, as it does serve a web page
>VPN
Always

Ida free is more or less just as good unless youre god
Burpsuite pro is cracked

Did you read my post? I was in the last thread; I'm just wondering what other people have done

Yep, when you receive course materials they are watermarked (vids and pdf). Can only speak of oscp/osce though

thanks

But let's say that it isn't a HP.
Since you wrote that you have root on the machine check what the website serves. If it looks at least half important try to corrupt some small icon on index or something and see if it gets fixed and if yes how fast... Give it a day or two. This gives you an idea how they handle this server and how much you can do without being noticed..
Also you'll get incoming connections so be sure to listen on the important ports. That may be a way out..

i've been messing with radare2 since earlier today. seems to be a pretty complete framework as far as free frameworks go. took me just an hour or so to get more or less the hang of it, i'll need at least a couple months of daily usage to get decent at it but it seems to be worth it.

just in case you give a shit, imma post the resources that I'm regularly checking when I need guidance:

radare.gitbooks.io/radare2book/content/
monosource.gitbooks.io/radare2-explorations/content/intro/basics.html

i think it's obvious, but I'm gonna say just for the sake of it, my reply only offers an alternative to IDA

>I was in the last thread
Then you’re a fuckwit. A money making tool was posted.

Hacker is someone who has skills to solve problems, not break security.

your security is my problem

Then you're a cracker.

by that logic, so are developers of remote maintenance products that tunnel their traffic through HTTP(S) if they cant get out.
Or Microsoft (/Mozilla/..), using their update mechanism to ship unwanted software almost nobody would install otherwise.

>hurr durr, using developed functionality and breaking/bending security is same thing
kys faggot, you'll never make it

>unironically using kys
Get the fuck out of here you double nigger

>being angry because was told what to do on the internet
no, really, kys brainlet

also:
>being honest is bad
You should fuck off, cunt

>getting mad over criticism on the internet

>implying I'm not always mad
anger is mu fuel, cunt

Ida Pro 7 was leaked, you just have to look for it on the internet.
I think a lot of CTF teams pirate it, it's just that no one can admit they do that.

It was a listening thing after all
It sent some encrypted shit via cron that I managed to crack and got the other userID and pass through poisoning
:wq blogpost

is it worth learning all this just for the hackerman meme?

This is perhaps the single most fucking retarded question I have ever seen, and I hang out in /sqt/

Jow Forumshmg

Attached: IMG-20170322-WA0021.jpg (588x414, 46K)

I've got a CTF challenge where you have to update the site's DB yourself to get the points.

The only obvious clue/red herring is that a specific word in the challenge text switches between various synonyms with each page request.

There is a text box to input your "answer" but none of the SQL injection stuff I've tried works

Lmfao, how many people do you know that (a) conduct BTC transactions on public computers (e.g. a library), (b) are regular BTC users and yet don't care about security (removing the possibility of remote installation through a exploit over a WAN), or (c) are regular Bitcoin users but don't check and recheck the start and end of adresses when making transactions?

bout to create a live usb for CTF practice (getting used to using a new laptop with a clean install)
Already used to Ubuntu, bash, basics. Recommend sticking with Ubuntu or switching to Arch?

Correct me with an alternative if I'm wrong, but you'd need a huge as hell botnet (of bitcoin users!) in order for it to work.

Say there are 20m btc users worldwide. 65% of the world population of 7.6B is 15 or older, and only 43% of the world has a computer with internet. So the probability that any infected computer part of your botnet is a Bitcoin user is 20m/2.1242B = .0094; lets round to 1%. Now, assume 50% of Bitcoin users check the address (the proportion is likely much higher). Then the probability that your target is a Bitcoin user with bad transaction habits is .005. You would need at least 919 people in the botnet to be 99% sure that at least one Bitcoin user with bad transaction habits is within that botnet. Does this seem feasible to you? This doesn't even take into account that bitcoin users are probably less likely than non-bitcoin users to get infected in the first place. Furthermore, we don't even know that our victim is a regular user; we may only capture his $30 transaction on Purse.io, which would exceed the cost of acquiring a good botnet.

Arch is not the distro to use, unless you mean BlackArch. Consider Kali, Parrot, or BlackArch.

Apologies. Yeah, I did mean clean install of Arch loading BlackArch ring/kit over it.

That would work, but Kali is definitely well supported with lots of packages and distributions. There's even an anonsurf port to Kali, so you won't be missing anything.

Even OSCP's roadmap entails Kali, and you probably want to get to being a hackerman instead of spending years configuring Arch.

Not gonna lie, comp eng. major so I never planned on OSCP, CTF or any of this shit. Just wanted to learn a lot of the programming skills I was missing (RE, crypto, secure dev.)
The more time I spend on this shit though, the more I wonder if I'm heading the wrong way.
Thanks for the recommendation. Was avoiding Kali because of the memes, but I'll download and give it a shot.

hey. i was starting the bandit game and got a pretty much streamlined experience until bandit6 password which is like hitting a brick wall. hard.

"
The password for the next level is stored somewhere on the server and has all of the following properties:

owned by user bandit7
owned by group bandit6
33 bytes in size
"

"somewhere on the server" - i went to the outmost scope and searched everywhere.
user? bandit7 has a password protected file.
i have no idea how to search a group.. googled it.

hopefully i'm not bothering with noob shit.

>It sent some encrypted shit via cron
que?
why are you larping

just waw, how safe is this shit to make a gmail account with? I don't have a cellphone.

Attached: 1504422378032.png (875x378, 25K)

Just letting you know I saw your post, and recently did the bandit series. Will respond in a min with my notes.

>Kali
>a hacky boi distro
>uses systemd

Attached: 1520804421102.jpg (1024x1024, 131K)

Sorry, was busy.
Anyway, if you have the pw for 6 handy I can double check it but iirc you're missing some pretty basic command flags. You should be able to search using the same method you used for 5->6 with an extra flag.
There is a flag you can set specifically for user, group and size.

4chinz won't let me post that regularly
bHMgLWxhUiAvIHxncmVwIGJhbmRpdDc=

could you please enlighten me on the alphabet-niggers glowing in the dark meme?

found "where it is", can't figure out the last step.
/bandit5/inhere for that matter. doesn't find a 33byte file.

are you the same user?
thanks but i'm still trying to figure out the solution.

Post the command you're using please? should be a single line to find the file, then cat it out.
I'm the user that said they would respond to ya.

nope, not the same.
the thing I posted will get you to the solution, but not fast unless you change some things

pass for level 6
DXjZPULLxYr17uwoI01bNLQbtFemEgo7

command -
find -size 33c -user bandit7 -group bandit6

what dir are you in

You're using the right flags, but you didn't explicitly state where/what to search.
Can't spoiler tag, but if you search from local folder you would have found it
find / -size 33c -user bandit7 -group bandit6

Attached: find.png (631x884, 64K)

/home
i got to those search results but didn't pay attention to the 33 long file at /log/journal
if that's the one.. meh.
how did you get to that directory again?

the schitzophrenic sole developer of templeOS thinks that glow in the dark CIA niggers are out to get him.

brb kill self.
i'm going to google it.
sorry for being a brainlet, thanks for the help.

>honeypot
It does sound like a honeypot.
wew get fucked

Attached: right.jpg (500x483, 19K)

Have anyone passed this challenge?
0x0539.net/stage2.txt
I am having some trouble on understanding the stack overflowing

Hacking teenager girls Instagram account and blackmail them for the nudes they find

>CompTIA is not beneficial to your career
who the fuck said that? you?

who is the girl in the picture tell me now please

Please use an anime image next time

This post makes no sense.

Having to do a clean install of windows. Giving up video games almost entirely, school taking up too much time.
This will be my home machine. Which OS would you guys recommend as the base?

If it helps, there is a decent amount of software I expect would be best suited to a windows install
>Inventor/maya
>Visual Studio
>Office
>IDA

guys, how do I hack my school? I got non admin access to cmd and powershell

What are some things a cybersecurity major would learn and how do I learn them? I need resources

Attached: 3A86283C_16D5_4D39_A941_D7DF0DA89465.jpg (640x898, 58K)

>OSCP Videos
Do the SANS VM's have a default user/pass? Theres no txt file with them in

anyway, if you goys have nothing better to do than jerk off.. here's a challenge

Attached: Untitled.png (801x235, 10K)

Kali is only a meme when dumb people are using it.

Be less mad you spent time and money on shit certs

Agree

This. I don't get all the hate around it.

Cause people have started using it as a daily because mr robot used it, even though the irony is he wasn’t using it as his daily..

This. I swear his desktop was running Mint at one point.

He did, where they show his Kali setup is on a bootable USB

I'm a complete newfag and started playing that bandit stuff on the OP. After an hour I reached level 16.
This is really fun honestly.

Learning about netcat currently. Trying to figure out GET requests. I'm entering
$ nc www.google.com 80
GET / HTTP/1.1

and not getting any output. I haven't found any reason this should be happening online, so I feel like I'm doing something dumb. I've tried on other computers and other sites, same result.

HTTP requests end with an empty line ("GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"). Also if you're using 1.1 you must supply Host: ... or you're violating protocol.

I'm on the same level. It seems like a fun way to learn bash.