Ubuntu

Ubuntu

Attached: ubuntu.png (200x200, 13K)

yep.

Gentoo

Attached: gentoo-signet.png (533x533, 107K)

yep.

arch master race

normie here that installed ubuntu at age 14 but gave up on it because i managed to install firefox, but not managed to install shitty java game called Runescape. Is Java still an issue or am i a retard, how do install java

shit

Attached: 2c737dae.png (270x270, 14K)

yep.

yep.

we live in a society

Okay, this is epic.

ur mom gay

yep.

Why?

It fails at the mission it set out to accomplish. It looks nothing like Mac OS, hell, it's ugly even by Linux standards. Also, money grubbers.

no infinity +1 u

Attached: 1525860331706.png (617x347, 55K)

You must be 18+ to post on Jow Forums

yes i know, im 25 rn m8, what im trying to say is, i havent used UBUNTU since then, so its been forever in digital years so im asking if i can actually play video games now

>It fails at the mission it set out to accomplish. It looks nothing like Mac OS
Maybe because that isn't their goal?
>Pantheon was originally developed to be a successor to GNOME 2, the desktop environment that we shipped in the first version of elementary OS. Many of the decisions about the layout of the desktop come from that heritage, including an applications menu at the top left, indicators with a session menu at the top right, and a place to switch between apps and workspaces at the bottom of the display. The first few iterations of our desktop included multiple docks or panels in different styles, sizes, and positions, but in the end we kept a single dock at the bottom of the screen. While at first glance it might look similar to the one found in OS X, the behavior of our dock is quite different, especially with regards to our hide mode which doesn’t steal screen real estate away from apps while you’re working.
>Some things you won’t find in elementary OS are the iconic “traffic light” window buttons or a global menu. We also have chosen to make much wider use of colorful iconography in a style derived fromTango!, which is quite different from both the hyper-real app icons and the flat symbolic toolbar icons you’ll see in macOS. We’ve avoided trends like translucency, extra gloss, and over-flatness and instead have opted to take a number of more timeless notes from things likeMaterialdesign, emphasizing the use of light, shadow, and color to help break up an application’s layout and provide clarity.

>Also, money grubbers.
What's wrong with people trying to make money from what they do?

Originally it was intended to be a Mac-like experience.
>What's wrong with people trying to make money from what they do?
Actually look at that distro and what it is based on and try to justify what exactly warrants the begging. Everything about it is VERY superficial shit sprinkled on top an Ubuntu base. I mean, you can spend your money on whatever you want, but the premise that these clowns do anything above and beyond what anyone else does, is ridiculous.

Again, what's wrong with them wanting to charge for their work?
They use Ubuntu as a base, but developed their own desktop environment, application set and application platform (appcenter) from scratch. That deserves some kind of reward in my opinion.

Ubuntu!

Attached: ubuntu.png (1920x958, 301K)

>>>/reddit/
You need to go back

Okay, this is epic.

ubuntu

Attached: 1526427060387.webm (400x400, 1.94M)

should have kept with it. started at that time too and the same age now, except i'm bretty good at loonix.
not a stupid self-proclaimed normie though, so all is good in life.

Udindu

Attached: 1504834520396.png (200x207, 24K)

is it
1. oo boon too
2. oo bunt oo
3. oo bunt oh
4. you bunt oo

yuge-bum-tube

ub-bun-too

I hear most professionals use 4 or 2

5. joe ban toe

nice try, daniel

it's a word with an established pronunciation, not a made up one like you see a lot in tech shit. look it up on jewtube.

Arch

Attached: 1512600278555.png (2335x2335, 367K)

jew-banjo

Attached: banjo.jpg (292x314, 39K)

I KNOW, i was too busy shitposting with aussies in /sp/ and doing normie shit now i wanna get back into this too late now may as kms now

i want to nakadashi aqua's pucci so hard

i was doing that and shitposting on espee on the side.

why is English still the lingua franca again?

Arch Linux
Arch Linux

same thing with GPU and wifi support
they eeven had the guts to call it "linux for people"
>fucking nerds
>people

Attached: 20hs.jpg (660x960, 128K)