Was it the last good iPhone?

Was it the last good iPhone?

Attached: highres-iphone4pic_1330599853.jpg (3304x1804, 2.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kbjm8e/iphone-7-home-button-unreplaceable-repair-software-lock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There was no good iPhone. From the first one, it had hardware issues and an OS that -while better than Symbian- just omits a lot of the basics of what modern OS' do.

Like, make it easy to copy a mp3 from / to the drive and all that. Or show current bandwidth usage. And many more things.

F
P
B
P

(cont'd)
Also I recall earlier models had obvious parts [buttons, batteries] in shitty quality that would fail quickly and then be hard/costly as fuck to service because they were in shitty places inside the phone, whereas later versions employ DRM shenanigans on home buttons and what not.

Some models had an antenna so shitty you cannot get a signal through your hand, others bent very easily in the process of which often internals came loose (not just the case deforming in a very unpleasant way) and screens cracked and so on.

You can find lots of YT videos about all the dumb shit Apple "engineered".

I'm not saying no other phones had bending issues, but there clearly are a lot of phones that did a lot better than these shitty things.

this
I had gotten an iphoon 4s as a gift from my parents. The Wi-Fi chip shit the bed after half a year. I had to get it fixed at a local repair shop for $20, apparently the solder aplel used was so shit the Wi-Fi chip got detached.

no the 5 was the last good one.

>good aspect ratio
>perfect hand size
>black was actually black and not "space gray"
>no fingerprint ID botnet
>godly iOS 6

SE

>There was no good iPhone.
This.

Attached: 1525516398300.png (868x834, 232K)

>sold separately™ cuck bumper required to place phone calls
>broadpwn will never be patched because dude just buy a new iphone xDD
iphones were always shit but anything even remotely close to good was the 3gs

iPhone 5/ SE

>DRM on home buttons
Please don't let this be real.

It only applies to Touch ID

7 and 7 plus even tho I like the iPhone 5 design. If they come out with a design like that again I would definitely buy it.

6s is pretty good

I mean they’re still better than (((Google))) spyphones

I actually use one of these as my backup phone that has my other SIM card in it. Not really capable of anything, but I got it for like £20 and it does the job.

I used a 4s for quite a while and it ended up slowly breaking, part by part, it wont charge unless turned off, all of the buttons broke except the home one, the battery lifespan seemed intentionally made to degrade over time, and so did the wifi antenna

Yet, it still works, ive dropped it countless times like a clumsy idiot and the screen is nowhere near broken, but i made the mistake of "upgrading" to ios9, it now closes applications at random because of its shitty ram usage, it will be missed, and i wont be getting another iphone, cause its a stupid idea to get even more delicate and seemingly intentionally bad phones

> (OP)
>There was no good iPhone. From the first one, it had hardware issues and an OS that -while better than Symbian- just omits a lot of the basics of what modern OS' do.
>Like, make it easy to copy a mp3 from / to the drive and all that. Or show current bandwidth usage. And many more things.
The point was never to make a good OS; the point was to make a basic, functional OS that was locked down so tight no iToddler could possibly break it.

The hardware is still cheap, fragile bullshit, though, which doesn't matter because the iPhone is just meant to be an overpriced status symbol for tech-illiterate morons with more money than sense.

they all suck hardware and software wise, but my favorite in looks is the 3gs

>good
>iPhone
Lulz

Broken screen?
>welp, time to take out EVERYTHING in order to access side and corner screws holding the screen in

absolute garbage phones to work on.

and also
>non-meme design

The correct choices

>I used a 4s for quite a while and it ended up slowly breaking, part by part, it wont charge unless turned off, all of the buttons broke except the home one, the battery lifespan seemed intentionally made to degrade over time, and so did the wifi antenna

Sounds like my Galaxy S3 in many ways

>no fingerprint ID botnet
It really bothers me how people cannot understand that there is no botnet, your fingerprint is stored on a separate chip and the OS just asks if it matches. It is completely separate from everything else.

Otherwise agree that the 5 was part of the holy 5/5s/SE golden age when these things were actually good. I feel like previous iPhones had glaring design or build quality issues, and later ones were just sort of uninspired and not as well designed (why do we need to put up with camera bumps).

@op

iPhone X

They also had firmware that bricked the phone if you had an incorrect screen (wrong DRM key for your phone), though they went back on it because people whined too much.
I can see why they whined. I can't remember the last time I saw an iphone user without a cracked screen.

I've had my 5 since 2012. Haven't cracked the screen yet, fingers crossed it lasts a little while longer so I can get an SE on the cheap after the X SE crashes their prices.

I don't think you're a proper iphone user if you don't throw your shit at the wall every other day.

>
>>DRM on home buttons
>Please don't let this be real.
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kbjm8e/iphone-7-home-button-unreplaceable-repair-software-lock

It's funny you mention that because I actually thought the iPhone was a bit of a gimmick when it first came out. I remember teasing another kid in school with my Palm 700p by copying and pasting text and sarcastically exclaiming "WOW THE FUTURE IS FUCKING SICK". I actually only decided to give the iPhone a spin after a really terrible experience on the original Samsung Galaxy (not the Galaxy S, the GT-I7500). Also don't go to Starbucks and I don't have any Macs made after 1996.

Makes sense, the iphone demographic tends to be poor and dumb. Many ideas, very lazy, inflated self importance. It's a prestige item and not much else. They are decent but unreliable

I find most iPhone users are actually decidedly average. More on the tech illiterate side but not necessarily idiots. There are a few poor orangutans that get their hands on them for the "status", but you can almost always identify them by the dirty cases and the screens which have clearly been cracked for a long time (ie cracks which are filled with dust, oils and other debris). If I could pick a demographic that was noticeably more successful and intelligent than the norm, it would probably be BB10 users.

What I mean is that they tend to be college students and graduates. Most of those people are very poor, as in up to their eyeballs in debt. Might not look the part, mind you. Some also do get decent jobs by the end of it and pull themselves out of the hole, but a lot are just uninspired creative types that end up doing very little.
These folks have their own culture around iPhones and other luxury electronics.

It's actually pretty fascinating. Tesla cars appeal to this demographic too, but those are much less affordable than iPhones so the biggest knuckle daggers are kept out. You could say they are mostly average if you want, I would not disagree. I consider average to be a pretty insulting description to have thrown at you anyway.

The first good one.

> Was it the last good iPhone?
No, but it was the last great iPhone. The last good iPhone was 6S.

Ive had my 6s plus for a couple years now and it still works great

Classic example of confirmation bias fallacy.

>last great
There can't be a last if there was never a first.

Thanks for your input, Pajeet.

If the home button in a fingerprint iPhone died and you replaced it with a regular plastic one without a fingerprint scanner, willingly sacrificing the feature for the sake of a working button, the phone would recognize the missing scanner and brick itself.

Nah the 8/8+ (which I have). Not bothered about muh headphone jack. But am bothered about having a screen shape that isn't stupid and a fingerprint scanner.

Now, that's what I call security.

/thread

4S, 5S and SE were all pretty good though. It's the others that are shit.

fpbp

The original. Top kek.
> Hold iPhone wrong. No cellular. Tell Apple. It's customer's fault. Apple sells thirty dollar case to fix issue. iCucks buy.