Are these things any good or just a bad meme and I'm better off with a classic cooling solution

Are these things any good or just a bad meme and I'm better off with a classic cooling solution.
All results I've seen seem to be good so far, but still not sure.

Attached: 1503939356924.jpg (1500x1200, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JT_u_eLVoIc
youtu.be/CV1BT5nMkhg?t=6m59s
ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

go for air coolers. cheaper, quieter and less hassle.

It's too expensive to get a decent one, most anons on this board aren't willing to pay for something higher than 99 dollars so you will always get the shittiest AIO possible. Not that the top end ones aren't much better but they do beat the best high end air ones if you're willing to give some extra shekelz for a 360mm or 280mm with a decent gen asetek pump and big enough cold plate (the higher end corsair / nzxt ones).
Also change the fans that come from factory most of them suck balls with exception of that EK semi open loop.
Pic related one of the GOAT AIO coolers.

Attached: dec6d1172eb129f5a6252390b6ff80fc_XL.jpg (1200x600, 104K)

I got an corsair H110i gt and even if I physically stop the two fans from spinning, it's still louder than my air cooler. Faulty pump, or is this normal?

First liquid cooler I've ever dealt with btw, also it emits a high pitched sound that fucks my brain so I had to move the case as far away from my chair as possible.

>Not using liquid cooling

MACHINE GET HOT

BLOW AIR ON MACHINE

Attached: 013898401.jpg (800x450, 38K)

bumb btw, wanna know if this is the usual before I try to refund it lads

Not a meme. Actually pretty good.

Check

user, did you install it now or has it been there for a long time?
You know it could just be air bubbles right?
Watch this video and do what these guys recommend, if it doesn't fix and the pump whine / gargling sound doesn't stop get an RMA from corsair for a newer one with probably the improved pump model.
youtube.com/watch?v=JT_u_eLVoIc

That sounds like coil whine, and the pump is always going to make noise unless you go custom loop. The ONLY reason you'd go liquid is for extremely high end overclocking for daily use, and/or your case is small. An air cooler will always be the better bang for buck, less hassle, and overall easier. If your pump dies, you have to replace the entire AiO unit. If you have no spare cooler, your PC is down for however long it takes to get a new unit. This is so even for custom loops. Not to mention possibility of leaks (even though these are very rare these days).

where as on air cooling, the worst that happens is a fan dies, or dust build up reduces overall air flow across the heatsink fins. Both are easily remedied and let's say worst case scenario happens and any/all fans on the heatsink stop spinning entirely. You still have a giant chunk of metal passively cooling your CPU.

I say all this as a guy who has built more than 10 different custom loops over time. Easily $10K+ I've spent over the years. Not my image personally, but I had 2 of these types of radiators keeping a 5.5GHz clocked FX-9590 and dual R9-290X's cool. Pump died. Was without a PC for 2 weeks because bad snow weather and holiday so no shipping available.

Attached: LL.jpg (500x333, 71K)

My i7 3700K was running hot with a stock fan so I got a 100i now it's fine

Just got it 2 days ago, the sound in the video is similar, i'll try it out, thanks man! I've also read that the fans on these things are usually beyond shit, so i'll order some noctuas to go along with it.

Oh shit man, I usually make sure I have spares, and rn I got my old air cooler in my pc since the pump made so much noise I couldn't even listen to music on it. I already spent 120 bucks on this pump, so I guess i'm stuck with it, i just wanted to make sure if it's faulty or not. If the noises will continue I'll just try to re-sell it and stick to air.
Thanks for the suggestions lads!

Yeah it's probably fine then and just air bubbles, shake the fucker a bit and never forget to whenever you install a new one shake it a bit for the bubbles to get out of the pump / block area.
You could have some overheating issues if there's bubbles in there too, not just the noise.

Alright, just shaked it around a bit for 2 mins, I'll reinstall it, boot it up and see if shit changes.
I'll note this for future reference man, thanks for the tips, I was starting to lose hope when I had to replace the brand new pump for my 4 year old bequiet air cooler...

The new ones are nice. Looks much better than aircoolers, delivers decent performance and is cheaper+easier than custom cooling.
I think its normal, you can silence it in the Corsair program. I had the H100i, it was still noticable, the new H150 is dead silent.

I'm thinking of a 120mm AIO, which one should I get? The new 2018 H60? It uses the same pump than my H150.

Air cooling would be OK, but I don't need the fans because I already have ML120 for push/pull. If I have to spend 70 € I'm going with the liquid solution. The good thing, it certainly direct exhausts and may help to get my CPU below 90°.

Attached: DSC_0007.jpg (1080x1920, 323K)

>tfw didnt fell for the watercooling meme
>tfw almost no noises
>tfw I know my cooler will last a few decades and probably the only thing to replace are the fans

>blow air
>what is 3DVC

retard

Attached: s2_pic.png (600x1081, 672K)

>less hassle
The reason to use an AIO is because it's 100 times less annoying than a big tower.
It's harder to install and you have to take out a giant aircooler if you ever move your tower.

Update: One of the 4 screws that screw the AIO to the motherboard just broke while I was trying to screw it in place. Not to worry, we're still flying 3 of them
Also the noise is better, but there's still some grinding noise that can be heard coming from the pump.
youtu.be/CV1BT5nMkhg?t=6m59s
Maybe this?

>Jow Forums doesn't apply timestamped yt vids
7 minute mark the dude says that stock fans can cause grinding. Could this be the case?

If one of the 4 screws broke go back to air cooler and RMA that shit, unless you can apply pressure evenly on the 4 directions you won't cool your CPU properly.
Now you have a good excuse to RMA it, user and do it straight with corsair and not the vendor you bought from.

In two years, I never had to take it out. Quit making up bullshit excuses, user.

No AIO has ever sliced my had open.
I've been using big air since before you had a computer in all likelyhood. I'm done with that shit.

Oh? neat, then i'll be sure to get in contact with em. I'll be taking the pump out and putting it back into its original packaging. Looks like I'll be flying air cooling for a while longer.
Thanks so much for the help man!

They are pretty great for cooling, they perform better than air coolers but their markup is fairly high for what they are which is the sad part. They aren't much louder these days than air coolers really, when it's enclosed in the case you really can't hear the pump at all even on max speed though that doesn't apply to every AIO some have very loud pumps.

Just up to you in the end, people on Jow Forums really hate them though so not the best place to ask. You're just asking to stir shit up.

Just google corsair rma and go straight to their site for your respective country then follow whatever shit they tell you to do like take pics etc.
But seriously don't use a broken cooler missing screws look at this picture here for example which was done by steve during his teardown of a shitload of gpus trying to find the one with the best cooler back then.
Since you're missing 1 screw you will have terrible contact and thus the cooling potential will go down the drain even if the cooler itself is decent and could do the job easily.
In short if you had pressure paper to test it out I bet your picture would look as bad as some of these instead of being all red indicating proper even pressure all around the plate.

Attached: contact-vega-64-ref-3.jpg (2200x934, 275K)

ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

AIOs are stupid, you pay all that money to cool one component, and eventually it will fail either due to permeation or pump failure at which point you must necessarily replace the whole system. At least with open loops you have the option to cool both CPU/GPU and you can expand later. You can also replace parts as needed between upgrades. EK has a bunch of SKUs to choose from as well so you can choose CPU only and add a GPU later.

Attached: 1506496306543.gif (500x343, 1.39M)

>less hassle
The reason to use an air cooler is because it's 100 times less annoying than a big radiator.
It's harder to install and you have to take out a giant radiator if you ever move your tower

I got the Cooler Master ML240 Lite RGB
can barely cool my i7 6700k @4.4Ghz but still has sudden spikes to 70c not worth those $60, either get the best Noctua cooler that fits on your case or a CLC solution in other words go big or go home.

the pump will die after one year. enjoy your housefire