USB-C GENERAL

How well are you adapting to the USB-C era?

Attached: usb-c.png (810x456, 401K)

I felt for the eSata meem back in 2010 so now I'll wait

it's not happening fast enough

Prices are holding it back

blame macfags

I'm a Macfag and it affects me too

Attached: usb-c.png (1200x675, 812K)

when did I ever say it didn't?

How so?

I just entered it yesterday with a Note 8. No problems so far, just switched chargers at home and stuck the included Micro USB - USB-C adapter on my car charger.

Enjoy your fast charging!

I don't have a single device which has USB-C connections.

My phone has one but I always carry my own charger cable anyway. At least I'm back to 3.0 speeds. Fuck samsung for making Note 4 and 5 more of a downgrade than ugrade to Note 3.
My motherboard has one but it's a fucking basic USB without tb or video out. What the fuck is even the point?

Much higher current without proprietary out of wildly out of spec chargers.

You can quickcharge phone from PC using Type A 3.1 Gen 2 too.

apple always sets the prices

Nothing but my phone uses it.
My portable harddrives still use that 3.0 micro USB shit.
My 18650 charger still uses fucking mini usb.
My bluetooth headset, speakers, wireless controllers, etc all still use micro USB.
My powerbank uses DC or micro USB.
My tablet can only charge via Type C if it's off and will loose charge if it's on, DC is faster and can be used while it's on.
My portable fan uses micro USB.
My printer uses USB TYPE B.

I also think the Type C port on my fucking Ryzen motherboard is dead, tried to connect my phone to it via a type C to type C cable and nothing happens, I use the same cable for charging and the package said it was a data sync cable.

So Apple invented USB type C?

Yes, but then you have to make sure you have the right cable and they all look more or less the same, so...

literally the only use of a usb-c port

Attached: 1526862882910.jpg (2066x1228, 295K)

my laptop and phone have one. Use the one on my laptop to run some external monitors when I dock it.

I've had 6 fucking usb c cables fail on my since I bought my lechink max 2.
this can't be bad luck. I refuse to believe it. the cable that came with the phone only works for 15 seconds and then I have to plug it back in if I want it to work. I've bought a cheap usb c cable(I live in a shit country in a small town, so finding any usb c cables at all wasn't an easy task) and it shat itself in less than 2 days. dude from the store replaced it only for it to break after 1 week. luckily, by that time, my secondary ugreen charging adapter arrived with another cable. which stopped working after 3 months. bought a rock cable. died. bought another cheap cable locally to use. died again. I now have 3 floveme 1m cables which seem to be working fine, but I'm never not buying bulk again when shopping for this shit. fuck my life.

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2018-04-04 at 17.58.39.jpg (675x1200, 174K)

Usb c should just substitute the aberration that is the micro port. A and B is just fine.

Attached: USB3-Micro-3FT.jpg (500x416, 21K)

Lol no

Attached: 1527020615514.jpg (686x630, 88K)

New Lenovo laptop and HTC 10 phone
Life is fast

This

A is objectively worse than C though and the only thing it has going for it is the dickload of existing devices.

>era

literally nothing uses it.
>phone comes with it
>cable is usb a to usbc , not usb c to usb c

this is a meme

I fell for the Thinkpad 25 meme and it has a USB-C port but I don’t intend to ever buy anything to fit into it. It’s gay.

i just recently had to replace my motherboard, and the new one has a usb-c port on it
i don't have any usb-c devices or cables, though

>Enjoy your fast charging!
Already possible without USB-C.

I posted that once but you were gone, shill.

How do I pick the right usb c to hdmi/vga adapter for cube mix?

Never used it

I literally don't own any device with usb c and I am proud of that fact.

Phone has it, no much else.

I'd like more things that use it, but a lot of manufacturers are still locked into Micro-USB stuff.

I think every laptop and tablet released from today on should swap to it, so we can get away from bullshit proprietary barrel jack bullshit. I really don't want to pay fucking $97 for a charger that only works with 2 models of laptop in the world, mine being one of them. If we could just standardize that shit, that'd be real fucking cool. I understand that for GAYMAN systems, 100w might not be enough, which is fine, they can keep their bullshit chargers, but for basically every other laptop in existence, there is no excuse not to, really.

I'd like to see more monitors and graphics cards have it. Give me DP, HDMI, and USB-C on future monitors. Theres no real downside to moving to USB-C for video. It can handle audio, I/O, and more. Business monitors could offer USB hubs, web-cams, speakers, and 4K displays that only need 1-cable coming from a laptop/desktop to work. Not even a separate power cable.

Flash drives with USB-A and USB-C would be cool. Like how some used to do Micro and USB-A

It would also be cool to see USB Dacs do USB-C, so I can use the same digital input on it for my phone and computer

For a lot of general devices, stuff like webcams, headsets, KB+M, and etc, I don't see the reason to swap yet. USB-A has a wider audience to sell to. Maybe make some high-end models that can swap connectors or something.

USB-C isn't bad in my opinion, and I want more adoption of it. But I also don't want to miss out due to me being unwilling to drop $1400 on a laptop.