When is Microsoft gonna get serious about their Surface line up?

When is Microsoft gonna get serious about their Surface line up?

>MacBook tier pricing
>comes with an i3 or in some cases core m3
>no productivity software included
>4gbs of ram on a $1000 product

It’s like they’re not even trying. Shame because the 16:10 displays are nice and I like the build quality.

Attached: image.jpg (425x258, 45K)

were the arm processor rumors ever true?

All technology companies try to copy Apple, but don't understand why Apple is successful, so you just end up with overpriced trash

What happened to laptops? I havent bought one in almost a decade since I have had no use for one but just a cursory glance it seems like they all are overpriced as fuck.

What is the deal? Why all these machines over 1 grand with shitty Ultrabook processors and weak trash? I mean I get wanting a light and fairly weak system with good battery life but not when it's more money than a serious system.

Attached: ff.jpg (1080x1080, 119K)

Ultraportables have always been overpriced and underpowered. The problem is that "real" laptops don't exist anymore.

>less repearable than a mac
>as expensive as a mac
>winshit

The only thing this laptop has going for it is the keyboard and screen dimensions.

This is why I'm not buying a new laptop just yet, even though I'm bored with my Asus from 7 years ago and actually have the cash to upgrade to something better.

Spec-wise, everything just looks outdated and overpriced. Waiting for these mid- to end-year revisions everyone's talking about.

The original Surface RT was ARM. Everyone hated it.

>less repearable than a mac
literally how
Microsoft was supposedly working on x86 emulation for ARM but they were threatened and seem to have halted development.

watch any video on it you brainlet.
they fucking glue shit in.
they out appled apple

as an owner of a gen1 surface pro, i agree. for the money they are disappointing.

What do you want?
>Battery life
Chromebook or mac
>Speed
Gaming laptop or high grade mac
>Display
By your own monitor or grab a high grade windows laptop
>Everything
Buy a macbook pro and install linux on it (or wibbloowz)

Basic summary. most of us can agree mac books are great laptops for every day office work and shit, just that most of us hate OSX. If you are doing gaming and hardcore compiling get your own fucking PC. Better yet, build it. Laptops will let you down in that department.

Surface pro 4 is kino

>i3
No, the current Surface Pro only has m3/i5/i7
>4gb
Yeah but there are 8/16GB options

Next version might have the vega gpu if they ever strike a deal and get it to work.

Cooling is always a factor in tablets like these along with battery life.

high grade macs still thermal throttle to abysmal levels. you're better off with a mid range gayming laptop which at least has a cooling solution and power to drive its hardware.

If Rossmann is to be believed Macs are shit tier hardware wise as well.

Have one at work, didn't pay for it but the Book line are adequate (i5's) computers. Good aspect ratio, picture, and amazing battery life. Some complaints are that the glossy touchscreen looks fragile enough to break, so no lugging it in a backpack with other stuff, and processing power is on-par with a 2011 i5 laptop.

I certainly wouldn't pay more than $600 for it though, even though it's priced far higher right now.

Doing it in software sucks ass. They ended up using a proprietary Qualcomm hardware accelerator and thus Qualcomm SoCs in the newer attempt.

Yeah, that's what it was. What happened to the project tho? Didn't Pootel throw a mini-fit over it?

No idea. I haven't heard anything in months either way.

I bought a Surface 2 back in the day. You can’t do anything with that piece of shit.

New XPS is the only good laptop

They are trying.
Shitty hardware, overpriced as fuck, glue seeping out by the ports.
It's 1:1 copy of the apple strategy, except for the marketing part.

Buy the chink copies

I bought a surface laptop, identical with the one is ops picture for about 600 euros sealed here in europe. Tfw 4gb is more then enough whenyou strip down all the syware and botnet from win 10 pro, this laptop with an i5 can literally run 8k videos on youtube like it was 720p, build quality is excelent. Also the display is fenomenal, Better than a macbook I could say. Only downside is that its not repairable at all.

I like my Pro 3

Attached: 1512532936878.jpg (2160x1440, 401K)

I loved my Surface RT until it shit the bed. I’m trying to find a new board for it but they’re not easy to find.

> whenyou strip down all the syware and botnet from win 10 pro
How did you accomplish this?

There are a bunch of tools on majorgeeksdotcom

what is the point of putting a touch display on a laptop that doesn't even have a 360x hinge?

It is useful, I thought the same, also the touch is as good as ob my ipad pro 2017

>most of us can agree mac books are great laptops for every day office work and shit
Fuck off, iShill.
Being overpriced doesn't make them "great". I could've bought an MBP for the same money I spent on my T460s one year ago, but I didn't because:
1) I am not retarded;
2) I used to develop on company's 2013 MBP and knew they are fucking shit.
Fast-forward half a year and I was given a brand-new late 2017 MBP with a touch bar. Guess what - it is fucking shit.
Every MacBook is a throttling overheating piece of shit even when you're using it for the purposes exclusive to Macs (Xcode) or where they are a popular platform (Rails).

I can justify overpaying - I could've gotten something from a different league hardware-wise for my buck were I to go for a gaming laptop of sorts. I've deliberately decided to overpay for portability, customer service™ and build quality™. Surfaces are absurdly overpriced - but they have unparalleled portability for a full-fledged PC. I can understand that.
I can't justify overpaying for Macs, because macOS is shit - it can't hold a candle to Windows as a productivity-oriented desktop OS and it's terrible at replacing Linux as a light fully-customized task-oriented OS; luxury-tier display on a budget-tier hardware is not only pointless but detrimental; and the build itself is inferior to any budget laptop out there due to the lack of proper cooling and ridiculously terrible keyboard.

The only valid reason to buy a Mac is to cash in on the iSheeple by selling them iOS/macOS applications - and Apple is fully aware of that, hence it refuses to allow native development for macOS without a Mac.

Install Gentoo.

This baby is cute AF. Pic related is my SB i5 8gb with Nvidia GPU. I primarily use it for drawing on clip studio paint pro, the GPU id compare to 2015 gaming laptop. (Considering this is a ultra book) runs overwatch on 1080p medium settings without issue.
Got it for 950 euro, only downgrade from my SP4 is portability, as it's basically a laptop. But you can still lug around the tablet portion despite its 2-3 hour battery life. With the base it reaches 5 hours intensive use, or 9 hours drawing/watching movies

Attached: Edit.jpg (1426x780, 322K)

No idea what you're talking about the Inspiron 7000 series has a full voltage quad core, GTX 1050Ti and an IPS 1080p display, 8-13 hours battery life for $799.

>When is Microsoft gonna get serious about their Surface line up?
When they get competition.

Had a SB for a while, it was an overheating trashpile, but it was still light years ahead of Apple trash for the specs that it had. Sadly, their only competition in the marketspace is macshit, and they've got them beat.

There's loads of professional workstation and business laptops that run circles around them, but from a sales, profit, marketing, normie mindshare standpoint, they really don't have much competition.

Attached: 1503974068352.jpg (851x474, 107K)

>ignores surface book line with powerful as fuck base
>good stuff is expensive

Get a dell XPS if you don't like it

oh wait there's probably 5 things you don't like with that either

Why do they always have a genderqueer in their commercials?

Is the Wacom pen better on Surface Books than the original Surface pen?

>old as fuck photo
>everyone on 8th gen quad/6 core intels now
>apple refresh this year for them
>still think surface book is good
>stupid hinge with gap
>i want a 15" tablet any time

>>everyone on 8th gen quad/6 core intels now
>>apple refresh this year for them
And it'll still run slower than a $500 Acer from WorstBuy. Macs are fucking shit. Miss me with that throttling dumpster fire.

0/10

>can't have 16 gigs of RAM unless you go for i7
>can't have less or more storage than 256 gigs if you go for 8 gigs of RAM
into the trash it goes. it's a shame that the only companies that can allow themselves to make non-16:9 screens do stupid shit like this.

It's better than the surface book 1 pen, on par with the sb2 pen

I have a top-spec Surface Pro 4 and it's an amazing machine but I will admit it is not a good price-value tradeoff, it is a good few hundred more than it's worth in components but I have been using it for heavy duty CAD modelling and graphics software and it's performed very well.

So they're not all shitty netbooks with i3s. I see the lower end of the spec range competing with Macbook Airs while the upper end can easily compete with a Macbook Pro. So they price it to match.

yeah i hate that too

forced to pay hundreds for storage i don't need on a portable machine

>mac
>battery life
Thinkpads do much better with batteries similarly sized to the ones in macs

They solder what they can and glue what they can't

>realize vast majority of consumers are shallow idiots
>design product purely on form
>we want the apple cattle audience
>realize apple cattle do nothing but browse facebook
>realize the i7's in macs goes completely to waste and even when used they throttle to 25% performance
>just stick a ULV i3 and i5 in there
>actually ends up performing better than macs
>charge the same price as macs
>it sells

They're still shit, but I gotta give them credit where credit is due.

Didn't apple say they were ditching Intel?

>16:10

That's 3:2

>were the arm processor rumors ever true?

They're leaving Windows on ARM to their OEM partners at the moment, the only devices out right now are fucking terrible, their only advantage is battery life but the rest of the experience is really really bad.
They can only emulate 32bit Windows applications, which these days are hard to find, and the emulation is slowwwwww.

Another case of Microsoft promising the dream scenario, finding out they can't deliver, and letting OEMs take the fall instead of investing their own money into hardware.

>Microsoft was supposedly working on x86 emulation for ARM but they were threatened and seem to have halted development.

It exists, but it's severely limited.
You can run Chrome 32bit on them, but it's total shit.

How are HP tablets? For 1409.99 I can get this.

Windows 10 Home 64
Intel® Core™ i7-8550U (1.8 GHz, up to 4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) + Intel® UHD Graphics 620 (16 GB system memory)
16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard)
13.3" diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ (3840 x 2160)
512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
Also comes with HP Tilt Pen. Has anyone tried that or the HP Active Stylus?

>Didn't apple say they were ditching Intel?

No.
There's rumors Apple are getting ready to make an ARM powered Mac by 2020 or something, but it's all analyst speculation at this point.

In reality, they've had macOS running on ARM for literally a decade now (iOS uses the OSX Mach kernel at it's core anyway) but they're not going to launch it prematurely like Microsoft and have no solution for the transition period.

If anyone can make that transition, it's Apple. They've already done it twice, with the move from Motorola to POWER, then from POWER to Intel.

There's every chance that they'll just add a compile flag in Xcode for ARM Mac apps, and they'll just spit out a fat binary like the Universal App days, and it'll just work with minimal code changes.

Applel's transitions were a fucking joke. Literally only Adobe programs were compatible with it and everything else was broken trash that got abandoned. The only reason nobody gave a shit was because there was nobody to give a shit with their 2% marketshare.

>Applel's transitions were a fucking joke.

>The only reason nobody gave a shit was because there was nobody to give a shit with their 2% marketshare.
This.

>thread about surface
>manages to fit his apple shitpost spam into the thread
One rupee has been deposited into your account.

No they don’t

Actually, they do. macos is an unoptimized abortion.

Attached: 1500173550012.jpg (1290x1645, 499K)

What is that even supposed to mean in the context of the surface pro 4 ?

>applecuck banned
lmao

This. There's a lack of philosophy that goes into certain similarly priced products, for example the Pixelbook.

thisbthfam
Building a product is only half the battle. You need a braindead cuck customer base as well, and that's much harder to build.

Attached: 1499185536807.jpg (1920x1080, 750K)

problem with arm is that legacy software doesn't work. only shit that runs with windows univeral apps can be used

This is them being serious. They've basically copied the worst aspects of Apple and made them even worse.

>microsoft is better at being apple than apple
really made me think

>16:10
What did he mean by this?

>2013

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

>trying to justify owning your neckbeard tier shitpad this hard

We get it dude, you're autistic

>M$
>Getting serious

Attached: Screenshot_Chrome_20180422-084935.png (793x752, 518K)

> Expensive
>Shit hardware
>Not set up for work
>The display and build quality is nice
Might as well stick a picture of a half eaten apple on it and be done

I did not know that Microsoft still produce surface. I tough they trash it away like windows phone.