Pretends to be /ourguy/

pretends to be /ourguy/

>Use loonix to create shitOS to minimize Microcuck aggression, while not giving a f00k about loonix
>Pretends to care about users, delivers gaming platform to waste their time and fuck their dopamine circuitry
>Can count to 3 million $ but can't count to 3
>Users buy game but can't have them own them cuz muh DRM
>bans loonix users who use PCI passthrough to run valve gaymes with linux host

Attached: saywut.jpg (1200x630, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/135510393198367927/?ctp=4
youtube.com/watch?v=-YEEDqRO5Os
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don’t really like the idea of Valve having nearly complete control of the PC Gaming market. Even though there’s Origin and Battle dot net I wonder if one they they’ll abuse their power.

Attached: image.jpg (500x541, 142K)

they should purge 99% of their selection. When you lok at twitch there's basically a few select games that don't require much processing power--
which begs the question: why people keep paying extra bucks for every new processor in the market? everyone is a cuck to something

Attached: datacuck.jpg (600x615, 181K)

>we should just let people run our games in vms what could possibly go wrong

Yes.

*cheats from the host*
nothin personnnellee

>*cheats from the host*

Imagine going through the pain of running a kvm system in order to cheat on csgo, lel

Attached: brainlet.jpg (480x360, 19K)

If someone cheats, ban them. DRM is attempting a technical solution to a social problem.

I'm surprised you don't need some VAC kernel module to even install steam on linux.

Out of tree modules always lag mainline. That would keep Steam from working with the newest kernels and thus drivers.

What do you think a ban is?

Bans are server side. They don't require subverting the user's machine.

wft

Well it's a good thing I don't use my passthrough now that DXVK exists but we've just shifted the problem from off-kilter virtualization to off-kilter dlls.

I mean this in the nicest way possible:
Get me official support, you cocksuckers.

Attached: 1523318381619.jpg (900x904, 152K)

I want to play better games so I buy something better than an i3 thinkpad

people cheat from hypervisors, pcie slots, and on-board mouse memory. they will stop at nothing
this will never happen. VAC is a profit driven anticheat and valve like to pretend to respect their users privacy
this is actually what valve is trying to do. their server sided machine learning ac (called vacnet) has ramped up hard in the past few days, but it doesn't ban users. vacnet sees you play differently than a normal player then sends you to a player review system that determines that there is not enough evidence or that there is a guarantee you are

>He doesn't play games on an eGPU thinkpad with an i3, running gahnoo/loonux

Attached: 1526670658959.jpg (600x536, 71K)

Shut the fuck up retard, half of those don't even make sense.

You gotta admit though, that all this linux noise has dumped a bunch of GPL code into the AMDGPU and radeonsi drivers so now they're actually god tier.

You can just install the OS and have the best possible performance out of the box and it will also improve rapidly with updates.

This is fucking mad

Attached: 1525231295379.jpg (225x225, 15K)

Do you have any idea how much Valve has done in terms of fixing bugs and making speed improvements on Linux with little to no return on their investment? If I were Gabe, I would have dropped SteamOS within the first year. I'm amazed they still bother, and this is coming from someone who uses nothing but Linux.

I think the investment is just that, a way to pressure Microsoft to not build a tighter garden on their OS and control Steam's access and coerce them in giving them some %$. By working on SteamOS, they're preventing Microshit from pulling shenanigans. It's a weird balance. Steam needs Windows users, and Microsoft needs steam to harvest data. But Microsoft also competes with Steam on the gaming side of things.

No company does shit without any sorts of gain. We gain as gnoo/loonix users, but that's just a coincidence.

Gabecucks

Attached: ascend.jpg (600x600, 224K)

Valve has made some pretty darn clear statements about their very real fear that Microsoft will make all versions/editions of Windows behave like Windows 10S - restricted in a way which prevents software from installing other pieces of software - thus rendering steam obsolete. Microsoft is already making a real push towards their "app store".

Interesting side-note on this: i bought a cheap 13.3" Acer Swift laptop with Windows 10 S last week. First thing I did was to open it's Edge browser and download Fedora and the second thing I did was to download unetbooting but I couldn't install it because Windows 10S. So I looekd for it in the Windows 10 store. At that time the Windows store gave me a pop-up saying "free upgrade to Windows 10 PRO". So I clicked that and volla I had Windows 10 PRO. No idea if everyone if offered the free upgrade or not but I found that interesting.

Source?

steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/9/135510393198367927/?ctp=4

Attached: sad.jpg (800x437, 96K)

wait wtf can you do to cheat via a vm?

You can cheat without VM. VAC is pure shit.

A bot can control the VM and it's not detectable to the virtualised os.

Why not have a second PC dedicated to Windows gaming plugged into an HDMI capture card on your LOONIX system?

Attached: 1384060022427.jpg (1725x1220, 176K)

Complete control over the guests memory without it knowing. A big reason why cheats in hypervisors are godlike (if made correctly, and depends on the anticheat you are fighting)

>>bans loonix users who use PCI passthrough to run valve gaymes with linux host
Do you have any proof?

you forgot
>pays you to hack them

>soiboi icon
>our guy
>ever
It's almost like you were trying to post on /v/

Literally who?

the recent csgo bans have nothing to do with vac net. if you had a low trust factor you got an extra vac module streamed which detects enginehooks

My mistake. I wonder if we're back to 2012 tier vac

>can't count to 3
Look forward to next month! ;)

>>bans loonix users who use PCI passthrough to run valve gaymes with linux host
For real? Source on this?

How would windows block software from installing software? It's mostly just copying some files (and changing some registry entries, but I think in smaller programs it's mostly just for telling windows that they are installed), how would it detect them?

There is a bug that is reported in the linux version of steam that has been reported for almost a decade and has not been fixed yet. If that doesn't prove how much of a shiteating tryhard he is , I don't know what will.

Oh wow, that is incredibly shitty.

> while not giving a f00k about loonix
They upstream their commits.

> bans loonix users who use PCI passthrough to run valve gaymes with linux host
What

There is no ban though. He gets kicked off a VAC server if he runs that thing.

Defender
It went nuts when I tried to download and install the guest expansion pack for VirtualBox

It's kind of understandable, they want to see all user processes so they can detect running cheats. They prefer detecting the actual cheat than the effects of the cheats (much more potential for false positives).

I'm not sure about VAC, but EAC blocks testsigning too for instance ... because it's just too easy to make a hidden driver with full memory access. A cheat running at the hypervisor level is even better hidden from VAC.

Valve is the reason I console game.

Expand on the concept, at this point I feel building a PC to run Botnet10 is effectively peasant-tier

Attached: derp.png (554x439, 146K)

How hasn't Microsoft forced Valve/Steam out of the food chain yet?

How do you propose they would go about doing that without causing a huge backlash and shooting themselves in the foot?

Do it in increments. In progress.

I run an 8 GB windows qemu machine with gpu passtrhough and still get 70-90 fps on aaa games with a 1050

>pretends to be /ourguy
When will you faggots realize that no corporation gives two shits about you or your feelings you dumb cunts.

Attached: 1521589531818.jpg (447x446, 17K)

cs go is natively available on gnu linux so I don't see why you'd go through the hassle of setting up everything correctly

who's that beautiful creature?

a cute!

But I sense a trap...

>>Can count to 3 million $ but can't count to 3
HOLY FUCK, MY SIDES

it sounds like he needs to listen to the cunt song send him a link to it

youtube.com/watch?v=-YEEDqRO5Os

The whole Steam thing is fucking forced DRM bullshit, I want my Half-Life 2 and CS Source without the Steam bloat

nice larp

You what? I was going to set up a xen hypervisor with debian and windows. Is it really banned?