Everyone should use C, there is no better language

Everyone should use C, there is no better language.

Attached: image.png (1052x1342, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tas0O586t80
blog.golang.org/go-brand
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but there is

Attached: 1_i2skbfmDsHayHhqPfwt6pA[1].png (600x600, 63K)

C++ used as C is better, as there are some extra functionality that does help with the C code, and you might actually need a class or two for things where classes do work better.

+1 for "modern C"

C is old and outdated. Newer languages are taking it's place like Rust and Javascript

Sure, I'm with ya, but only if we travel back in time 30 years.

Write OS in Javascript brainlet

Go, more like No.

Just use PIET

youtube.com/watch?v=tas0O586t80

All open-source development that isn't meme-tier garbage happens in C.
It's great.

Attached: 1485473684854.png (824x792, 408K)

>"retarded C"
FTFY

C is for brainlets who can't into abstraction.

why is V best
because it's a good pose?
makes you look smart?

Someone has to create the abstraction for you and he can't abstract

Why would I want to use a language with a retarded gopher as a mascot?

oh the modern times of slow shits where even Go seems fast

Literally don't care about your opinion, I program to make useful things not to impress you.
But you do you I guess, less competition for me.

>JS
>Doesn't support integers
(((new))) does not mean better

cute

World would survive C disappearing but not Python going away

>C vanishes
>Linux and Windows now blink out of existence
>and 100% of the world's servers and 99% of the world's computers
>"World would survive"

>Useful things

Can C not create useful if not more useful things than say your “”””better language”””” (which is probably the Haskell meme)

One example being, embedded software development.

Attached: B2142878-3314-4680-9EAE-994ADAC3EC23.jpg (902x960, 61K)

I was in the industry for the past 20 years. You are not a threat to me whippersnapper.

if C goes away, then CPython goes away, faggot

Am I wrong though geezer?

You are so wrong you are genuinely not worth a (You) son.

FPBP

Why would you use a programming language intended for stupid people, non programmers and cucks; its developer declared it so.
> “The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.”

actually, there is.

>implying Python depends on the existence of CPython
In any case, that would be a win-win, because
a) if it does this shuddy language goes away
b) if it doesn't, at least there will be a less crappy implementation that won't degrade other implementations as a reference

based

(you)

the linux kernel is exclusively written in C

>won't compile for any compiler which isn't gcc
that ain't C, it's a nonstandard and nonportable dialect

This but unironically
Emscripten

>guaranteed replies

>everyone should be a neckbeard

>needing to wrap everything in extern C to avoid retarded name mangling
fuck no

name mangling is only a problem if you want to FFI

Nope, c# every day.

>implying noobs can figure out how to use channels

runtime.js

C++ is better in every single regard

C is not even the best, or even the most performant low-level language (unless you're writing shit for the pdp11 lmao). Fuck off unixniggers, go learn computor siens.

Rust does what C wants to do.
Rust > C++

C is a piece of shit and so are all the languages based off it. The idea of trusting the programmer is idiotic and goes againsts all the founding principals of engineering. It's actual worse than the language it's based on which have less of C's mistakes. No ambiguous syntax like = for assigments and a competent compliers that pick up on common mistakes like out of bound errors. C and C++ have cost billons of dollars and lead to code with more holes then Swiss cheese. It was fine as a language to fuck around with inside bell labs but it was a huge mistake to use it for anything else.

t. pajeet

Fuck off faggot

>guns kill people
>ban all guns

C++ in some iteration.

Perfecting low level optimization is fine in C

>A specific gun with a 30 percent chance of backfiring on people is shit
>Ban guns
Not an argument. Again "trusting the programmer" is the antithesis of good engineering practices. Everyone makes mistakes and in C based languages they are costly , difficult to catch and extremely dangerous from a security perspective.

Go, more like Go fuck yourself

>when figuring out how to use channels is your only intellectual achievement in life
lolz

t. cant figure out channels

>The idea of trusting the programmer is idiotic and goes againsts all the founding principals of engineering.
You obviously aren't a programmer.
We aren't engineers. We're craftsmen. Languages are our tools. They exists to serve and obey us as we create entire worlds in which we are gods. Would a screwdriver refuse to turn unless you had a tray set aside for the screws you were taking out? Would a chainsaw refuse to run unless you were wearing eye protection? The responsibility to properly use a tool is mine, and mine alone. The maker of my tools has no business policing what I do with them. And if I tell a program to jump, it should not even need to ask "How high?" It should only obey, silently, completely, without question. After all, its whole existence hinges on my whim.

Attached: Blank+_c3f3d3296aab5243f68d88588c008a61.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

sorry but this drivel doesn't fly in court when you're being prosecuted for deaths of innocents in a plane crash due to it running in C

Better to build a plane that crashes than to never build a plane at all.

I've actually been learning C lately but have no clue where to start with building anything with it.

Attached: 1520520003975.png (500x775, 416K)

>Plane running in C
What!?

Well, what else would it be written in? Java?

>gives you a job
>truly portable, werks everywhere
>almost as fast as c/c++ memes
>poo in your loos
nothing personel kid

Attached: 42857c58c05cb5602872c916205b8d6b.jpg (2335x1751, 382K)

Stop talking about the past
blog.golang.org/go-brand

The linux kernel is written in C. A fun beginning project (that is useful) would be to make some kernel patches

Pajeets can't poop out C code 24/7, that's why C will continue to be forgotten slowly.

abstraction is pointers for brainlets

>almost as fast as c/c++
>pajeets actually believe this

Attached: 1522186733817.png (232x266, 4K)

it ain't 2000 any more senpai

That isn't the language's fault.
Now tell me, how many planes have crashed because of a bug in its programming? I'll be waiting for your answer.
>Well, what else would it be written in? Java?
If it was written in Java it would be so bloated and slow that the response times would make every plane crash.
Depending on the complexity electronic systems at the low level are made in C or ASM, and no OOP language would be suitable at all.

Right, that's why games are now made in Java right? Oh wait, that's only Minecraft, a game with graphics from 1995 that requires more power than Crysis.
Imagine using that piece of shit for anything actually critical.
It only has its place on enterprise software.

Imagine living in a world where all languages but C and C++ are so slow that Go starts to feel fast.

>no generics
>C11 has generics
>"modern C"
what did he mean by this

No because they aren't writen in trash like C or C like languages. They written in fast but sane langauges like Ada. C has no place in things that people need to actual work reliable. It's way too poorly made for that. It's not the only system language retard. It only caught on because of Unix and that is a shame. It's being ruining computing ever since.

yeah, imagine that...

i really do not want to write shell scripts in c please reconsider your stupid dumb idiotic opinion and kill yourself

It would be nice if people released new versions of the standard library.

Are you implying Google software engineers are stupid? Do you tell yourself that at night when you think about when your application was rejection?

Of course he is. He likes C. It's a language of pure arrogance. Go is made to be used by people that are not infallible gods. Which is why it isn't going to cost Google billons of dollars in bugs and security issues like it would if they used C for everything.

C for Apps
C++ for Gaymes
Bash for Scripts

Go for Backend
CSS3 for Frontend

JS, Rust, Java are garbage.
Python & Ruby are too slow.
Swift & C# are not multi platform.

The only good use of C is to make a Haskell runtime.

>Rust
maybe
>Javascript
do u have down syndrome

Yeah tell me all about your 100 local cat implementation. Real interesting stuff bro.

elixir, tho...

Interfaces > generics

>C11 has generics
lol?

>Bash for Scripts
opinion discarded