Can you do anything cool with one of these bad boys?

Can you do anything cool with one of these bad boys?

Attached: GBC_SYSTEM_GRAPE.jpg (385x443, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/embed/qaVUIAgsLpY
hooktube.com/watch?v=nwJQxD8LLN
herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm
reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm
github.com/avivace/awesome-gbdev
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can play Pokemon on them. It's pretty cool.

You can overclock them and stuff, there are quite a few modding capabilities.

you can make a "just found this gem at my local thrift store :)" post on reddit

nothing you cant do on your phone

This. Get snack food and your fav drink to go with hours of fun.

>hours
you mean 11 minutes?
youtube.com/embed/qaVUIAgsLpY

>speedrun
Yeah, like every normal person does that.

>glitchrun

LSDJ is fun

fpbp
came here to post that

Overclock it.

hooktube.com/watch?v=nwJQxD8LLN

Alternatively, you can buy chink knockoffs that have backlights. They're pretty cool.

good job pin pointing what I hate about reddit

I had two of these bad boys until a few months ago. Sold those two with two Pokemon games for €180,-, shit was cash

Phones have a terrible UI for emulation. Without tactile clicky feedback the games feel unengaging.

If you're interested in making music OP this is the correct answer

Might want an older xbox hueg one for that. GBCs are rather noisy, on the flip side the DMGs are rather slow.
herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm

Attached: original_dmg_1024x1024.jpg (576x1024, 74K)

the cartridge slot is an open standard, so you can make your own hardware additions.
screen, a couple buttons and a speaker + you can write programs for it with relative ease (at least original gb was easy)

I remember my professor had a hard on for them, because he made some stuff with them.
but that was 15 years ago.
everyone now has a usb capable device in their pocket which they can program much easier, so why bother?

I have on that I hadn't used in like 10 years. Wanted to mess around with it a while ago but it doesn't seem to turn on anymore, even with a cartridge in.
I looked at the circuitry and checked some of the voltages. A small part of it looks corroded, but I can't make out what the fault is.
Anyone have an idea?

You got any more info on Gameboy programming? Sounds super fun.

Attached: 1525645113147.jpg (1000x1000, 140K)

i'd probably get a ds lite instead to also play ds games cause heartgold was probably my favorite pokemon game

touch controls are fine for rpgs.

Pic of the pcb pls.

If it can't turn on it is extremely likely it is a power supply issue, which is usually quick to track down.

>any info on gameboy programming
I saw a good youtube video from a guy called jacktech I think. It is in both english and italian. There are some good guides or datasheets with the instruction list.
I did some assembly before, so I quite like the gameboy cpu as it is similar to what I learned asm on.

Touch controls are functional for rpgs. It's workable, but very far from ideal. Clicky buttons a best.

but can you get mew in 11 minutes?

buy a flash card and play games for free, pokemon and bomberman are pretty good

>Gameboy programming
Check out this guy.
reinerziegler.de/readplus.htm

I've got one, but the A button doesn't work anymore. I read online that there's a common issue of residue building up under the button caps and you can just scrape it off. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

You can hook one up with usb and use it as a midi controlled synthesizer

Attached: May_2010-030.jpg (1280x960, 92K)

I heard some industrial machines use them as controller.
That said, I'm unable to find them.

THIS. Is there any active LSDJ community?

lsdj is unfortunately proprietary

github.com/avivace/awesome-gbdev

Buy a Gameboy camera, shoot pictures and extract them using the serial connection

Install Gentoo