So Americucks, are you jealous?

Attached: plug.jpg (800x533, 291K)

You realize that's not the superior EU STANDARD

Britsh by birth, English by the grace of God.

Now fuck off.

Attached: ew.jpg (1181x897, 108K)

Not really. I grew up with these before moving to the United States and I can safely say I don't miss the autistic things at all.

t. yankee plug cuck.

Oh, you meant the plug. I thought you meant Brits.

lol :^)

>using the smiley with the carat nose

:^()

It's "carrot" you fucking idiot

wow quality thread

>tfw malaysia.
thank you my previous bong overlords.

schuko masterrace reporting in

Attached: 1524952052452.jpg (700x681, 69K)

denmark is cute

why doesn't japan have a ground

schuko is the best, confirming this (even tho I'm italian, but we have lots of schuko over here too)

>European plugs have no consistency or uniformity
>North America maintains the same plug
M A N I F E S T D E S T I N Y

>two-prong plug just werks EU-wide
>American plug only works in the 51 states... and Mexico I guess
EU always wins

>not polarized
Objectively inferior

Left is live and right is ground isn't it?

*superior you fucking fool

The only issue is wiring switched lights wrong way around.

And japon

the canada/middle america/mexico one looks angry or dull

Neutral is not the same as ground.

wtf you can electrocute urself by just accidentally touching both terminals when pulling it out??
nice design, the exact same issue as the americuck one

Why are yuros so proud of their plugs

Nope, it's isolated at the base. If anything it's an overengineered bulky piece of shit that's the result of shitty wiring. It's the safest plug there is.

It's actually very hard, considering how they're typically shaped. Most electrocutions actually happen when the cords are sheared.

I travel a lot, and find the Americas/Japanese style plug the most convenient since it takes up the least space.

The worst are those German/Korean recessed ones.

Has anyone anywhere ever been electrocuted to death at the outlet, because of the plug/receptacle design?

*TUUT TUUUT*
Master race coming through

Attached: Stopcontact-horizontaal.png (427x427, 52K)

Wheres your free to be British Loicense?

Well technically it's you guys fucking off.

lots of children, Im sure.
i once investigated our plugs with a fork. I also once cut a cable to a running stereo and then put my hand on it.

there was then a hole in my hand

At least in America, it's impossible to get electrocuted to death by an outlet. There are more than a few safeguards, and you'll move before it ever has enough time to kill you.

Black insulation covers the top half of the live and neutral prongs

Both wrong. It's caret. Sitlords

Same with US plugs. I've never been shocked through the prongs despite years of guiding plugs into unseen (behind shit, too dark, etc.) sockets with my fingers guiding the prongs.

And to get a real good jolt you'd need to seriously grab them, each prong between two fingers using both hands. Nobody would ever do this.

>what is alternating current

Attached: 1517791976653.png (820x729, 106K)

is this waifu?

Attached: pluguk.webm (288x360, 481K)

I heard UK, EU and aussie sockets are a lot safer, is that true?

When I was a kid (in Canada, with our wildly unsafe plugs) I'd get shocked regularly, but it's nothing that'll kill you (at 120v anyway).

:^)

My point. So why these over-designed plugs, when that's never the reason anyone is ever killed?

>I don't know what ground is or what it does

The French and swiss is master race. This is just german enginiggering.

Why do euros care what americans think about their *plugs*.
This feels vaguely homoerotic.

>implying German
I'm from that one country with weed that's below sea level

>Ask question
>REE HOW CAN YOU ASK

this is not pleasant

Italian plug looks sexy

That's not asking a question. That's asking for confirmation of your stupid assumption

Japan is basically a US state considering how cucked they are

>Japan is basically a US state considering how cucked they are
If only it was as easy to move to Japan as it is to an another US state

I hope your fucking toenails get extracted with a broken wine glass stem you fucking graceless spineless urethra cleaner

>yurocucks

Europe uses 220V, which is a lot more dangerous

>be British
>get raped

Your (You) my friend.

At least we are desirable enough to be raped.

>china
>slant eyed

Attached: 1518820336688.jpg (1200x912, 190K)

Electrician here. Not jealous of this.

I'm jealous as fuck of Denmark's receptacle though. Just look at that happy fucker. I bet that thing cuts the suicide rate by 75%.

For the ground pin to do its job in this scenario it must be a separate pin. The ground pin ideally does not carry current except during a fault condition.

Attached: 1525884651565.png (700x994, 979K)

Jealous of what? Not being Pakistan 2.0?

That's just sad

The English are a dead nation

>Denmark
It's fucking retarded
Most equipment they sell here use Schuko so if you want a grounded connection and you don't wanna get a bit creative you need a converter that I've only so far found on an American website

EU plugs bend.
UK plugs are completely indestructible and downright lethal if you step on them

tfw bong and on my last overseas trip went to
>malaysia
nice, no adaptor needed
>hong kong
nice, no adaptor needed
>vietnam
wtf is this i don't even
I ended up taking all my adaptors anyway.

You say until you step on one of those bastards.

They enjoy being electrocuted by cheap electronics.

I stepped on one about 30 years ago when I was a child visiting English relatives on Christmas.
And I can still remember it today, that's how much it hurt.
And that's coming from someone who used to play with LEGO.

>EU plugs bend.

No they don't.

It's a shame we can't just tow it to just off the California coast. The weather'd be a helluva lot better that way too.

Same in Europe.

Electrocution is extremely rare.
Especially given the fact we deal with electrical appliances daily.

Wouldn't be surprised if more people are killed in fires started by overloading electrical wiring. - higher voltage is safer in that regard (less heat generated at similar wattage).

Why would I be jealous of these fucking monsters? Your surge protectors are also ridiculous.

because they already had two ground zeros

Attached: truman.jpg (736x588, 117K)

>Italy
ffs, get your shit together

I'd be surprised if that were the case. People tend to not realize this, but we have 220v in America as well and use it for most really high-draw items, things like dryers, electric stoves, HVAC, etc. It's also of course quite common in commercial/industrial situations for stuff like welders and machine tools. (Which are often three-phase as well.)

>having such shitty wiring you need plugs that have a fuse in them and sit on their backs

also central america, colombia, ecuador, and best of all, venezuela

We live dangerously over here.
Best part is that quite a few electronics have a ground wire that people just leave dangling because most outlets don't have a ground pin available to plug it onto.

Left is neutral, right is phase.

Ground is often tied to neutral in residential environments, but the point of ground is more that it comes from the casing of your equipment so that if live were to come in contact there would be a path back to the socket rather than through you.

>the point of ground is more that it comes from the casing of your equipment so that if live were to come in contact there would be a path back to the socket rather than through you.

This is the original point.

But I think any modern setup also cuts power the moment it detect current on the ground wire, making it even more safe.

I just see faces

two prong plugs are nothing to brag about...

>Ground is often tied to neutral in residential environments,
Really? I'm quite sure that where I live, all houses either have a real grounding rod, or the ground is connected to the underground plumbing (which makes an excellent grounding rod).

Europeans need over-engineered plugs for trivial appliances like desktop lamps because all your outlets are high power. American outlets are only high power when they need to be; for appliances.

>Wouldn't be surprised if more people are killed in fires started by overloading electrical wiring.
Absolutely, without a doubt. Electrical fires are FAR more common than injury or death by electric shock.

Yes, GFCI or another system.
But the ground could always be tied to the neutral after this, so current that goes on the ground circuit would trip that on its way to the neutral.

>over-engineered plugs for trivial appliances like desktop lamps

Just because it's not a bending piece of shit that falls out all the time doesn't make it "over engineered"

Attached: Stekker_met_snoer.jpg (236x236, 18K)

>bending piece of shit that falls out all the time
never happens to me...

Attached: PBF284-Shocked.png (800x1112, 598K)

haha incels btfo by the chad fork

Yeah they bend, thats part of the design of the 2 pin version. They are bent in for some retarded reason

>plug engineered to be invincible
>someone kicks the wire
>rip whole socket out of the wall instead of just bending some stupid pins
Great invention

Not jealous at all, Mohammed. These massive plugs are a waste of space.

>They are bent in for some retarded reason

So they don't fall out, duh.

Bending them out of shape is very hard and has never happened to me.
Probably also because they don't lay pins up like UK plugs tend to do.