You told me 3 years ago that HDDs was dead and SSDs was going to be cheap and massive and I still see 250gb ssds at the...

You told me 3 years ago that HDDs was dead and SSDs was going to be cheap and massive and I still see 250gb ssds at the price of a 3TB HDD

What happened

Attached: BWGqbq4.jpg (3290x2193, 1.5M)

SSDs have been halving in price almost every year for the past few years.

Also, bait.

>If I'm not a homosexual, why is my dick in this man's ass?
Check and mate

flash is artificially inflated right now anyways. Also no one can predict the future welcome to the world fag

What case?

That's funny, I see 4TB hdds as cheap as 240gb ssds locally.

What are you talking about? There are 8tb Seagate HDDs for $150 off amazon. I bought 2 and put them in raid 1 with btrfs.

I couldn't be happier for the price I paid even though they are slow.

>Hardware RAID controller
I see windows users are still stuck in 1998

Attached: 1518964539354.jpg (720x719, 148K)

Yeah, but I wouldn't consider Seagate shingled drives as fit for anything other than archival use.

>What happened
the only three memory suppliers that exist figured out they could make more money if they produced less product and charged more for it, so they engaged in price fixing

I bought an 500gb SSD bit over two years ago for 159€, the same model now costs 144,90€. Oh wow. Such halving

Attached: doge being halved.jpg (640x479, 50K)

Now you're learning how Jow Forums works. If Jow Forums says something, it's almost certainly a straight-out lie.

Jow Forums also said Linux was gonna make it.

>Intlel is doomed!
>AMD is doomed!
>Applel is doomed!
>M$ is doomed!
Pretty much anything that's said on Jow Forums, the opposite happens.

The prices didn't fall because, among other reasons, Samsung was pretty much untouchable at the high end as well as the mid-range in terms of performance and marketing. That gave them the power to not lower prices because they outsold everyone else massively.

64 layer flash and new, cheaper controllers that actually perform decently (SM2262) means that prices are actually dropping recently.you can finally get a good 500GB nvme drive under $200 for example.

Complete nonsense, a 256GB SSD 3 years ago is at the same price, if not more expensive today.

250Gb ssd's have only gone down 20% since 2014 its not even a big drop.

funny as every tech nerd as siad it will go down and we will see big jumps in capaity its all bullshit.

mean while HDD's are always worth the coin it's coin selling for.
why get less bytes for more?

that's why SSD's are only helpful in laptops and one in desktop for booting the system.

prices are still stupidly high and there hasn't been a big drop in ages.
also m.2's are stupidly cheaper then Msata for some odd reason.

is there any point in Msata at all other than old latops?

samsung jew the goys

Ssds are pretty cheap now in 2013 i paid like 250 for a 128gb drive, theyre at 50 for the same capacity now. Aud

so while we are at this, the amazon of my country is ahving this drives on outletat 99 yurobucks
How are they compared to the generic HGST that come in a red case?

Attached: 51LkZf4ZNtL.jpg (500x495, 44K)

3 years ago I bought a 4 TB HDD for around 200 €. Now I can get one below 100.

>cheap
No it's not and it won't be the cost per GB on a SSD vs HDD is stupidly high

Its cheap for what youre getting and will eventually be the same price. Espectially moreso when you look at the form factor as well.

What? I use several 1TB SSDs for a couple of years already.

Kikes

They have decreased in prices, quite a lot from 5 or so years ago. However in the recent year or so, price decreases have slowed down significantly and in some case they went up slightly. Computer parts have also risen in general. Just look at how ridiculous RAM prices are. We're lucky the prices for SSDs didn't jump up. And with the fucking memecoin miners, GPUs have been severely affected. I'm sure prices will go down but for now they have started to stagnate.

I see 2 500gb ssd's for 105.
sure you can get 4tb hdd for the same price but ssd prices are dropping for sure.

This
always believe the opposite of what Jow Forums says

Your is nonsense
SSD had some good cut in recent years despite not having an increase in space
I can easily get a 250GB for less than 100 bucks now

>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: HDD.jpg (1200x918, 103K)

HGST is just good