Is it safe?

Is it safe?

Attached: D7AB717F-F36A-4A02-A6CB-1C1C520ECF9B.jpg (1280x1024, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66046798/#66047079
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>KGBYandex
no

>inb4 that autistic infographic some chucklefuck made about DuckDuckGo knowing your IP address

As far as I know, it is partially open source (servers aren't), therefore your trust should come with a grain of salt. This partial trust I place on them is also derived from the endorsement so many pro-privacy entities place on them.

I use it for day to day activities because !bangs are just a net boost to my browsing. I couldn't go back to not using them.

TL;DR it's more convenient than Google, and at least there isn't hard evidence they sell your data (yet).

Is what safe?

Switched to startpage cause i like googles results better. Also Jow Forums the founder is a jew so...

Results for me in DDG tend to be okay, but if I'm looking for something very specific and DDG isn't cutting it, I use !sp to look it up on startpage realquick and not have Gulag track that.

Eh. It's probably fine. At least until we find out it's not.

I myself use SearX. Hundreds of different hosts, completely anonymous, and if you're sketched out about potential logging you can always host it yourself.

I'd use SearX, but it doesn't have !bangs
If they implement something like that, I'll switch

if you wear condoms over your fingers while typing in search terms, they cant locate your ip internet number. also always wear your aluminum kippah. safety first!

It does actually support shortcuts. Tons of them for everything from torrents to scholarly sources.

Huh. Neat, thanks user I'll check it out

Nothing has been shown to indicate that they're doing something shady, but of course that doesn't mean you should put all your faith in them.

Why would it be you faggot.

>it is partially open source (servers aren't)
This is the prime reason to be skeptical of any service. You only have their word with no way to confirm for yourself. The Amazon host is fucking sketch in and of itself though.

quit making this thread
answer has always been and will always be: use the onion and youre fine

better than google

15 replies
11 posters

Fuck off shill, your last thread bombed so you created another one where you can samefag more freely this time?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66046798/#66047079

the last thread was mine actually.

>t. CuckCuckGo shill

I prefer suspect
StartPage instead, I prefer the default Google results. However I use it in my phone because every fucking browser uses it and send to not know that other better options exist.

I tend to prefer DDG results more than Google now, Google's tracking algorithms seem to fuck up more often than not and give me something I don't want. DDG is more neutral and I've gotten good at finding what I need. Image search is still inferior though, although I think Bing is probably the best right now.

>I prefer the default Google results
>Google searches are based on your previous browsing patterns
What did he mean by this?

Use searx.me

>Is it safe?
Fuck Fuck No

Look up the (((founder)))
That's all you need to know

>Look up the (((founder)))
Gabriel (((Weinberg)))

(((-berg)))

Attached: Gabriel (((Weinberg))).jpg (284x177, 9K)