So...

So, I just got a call from my ISP saying they know I was "breaking copyright infringement" by downloading copyrighted music and movies, and they will terminate my internet access if I continue.

I download anime from Nyaa, YIFY rips of movies, movies and FLACs from The Pirate Bay, and FLACs from Soulseek. I have been doing so for several months since I moved here. Which one of these is my ISP catching on to? How are they doing so? I really don't know how I can live without at least two of these four services, so I need to make some educated guesses here.

Attached: worried pepe.png (239x229, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop seeding.

I actually do seed constantly... was my high upload amounts a red flag to get my ISP to investigate the websites I visit?

VPN

Or just get a job

Use a VPN or stop using public trackers.

If you really want to seed for whatever reason, get a seedbox

Yes, seeding is what they care about.

Get a VPN, or apple music

What is the recommended VPN? I can pay. All I know is TunnelBear, because Linus shills it a lot, but I don't trust it, because Linus shills it a lot.

privateinternetaccess

PIA is pretty good. It's linus's new shilling target but it was good before linus picked it up and it's still good now.

I can't say for ceranty but in my experience...just don't seed at all. As soon as you finish downloading stop that shit. I know it's selfish but I have been torrenting for years and haven't gotten one complaint. As long as you don't seed you pretty much have nothing to worry about.

Mullvad, read the reviews and do some research. It's an important decision. That privacy guy is a good resource

these

That was a troll calling you user. An ISP would send you a letter

You can see what other people have torrented
iknowwhatyoudownload.com/en/peer/

whats your isp? mine sent a letter

Your ISP doesn't fucking call you.

Dumb frogposter.

LAND OF THE FREE

hotspot shield

buy a seed box

Not op, if it's a smaller local ISP they will. Got a call only once, when I downloaded the game of thrones meme to check it out.

America, everyone.

TunnelBear doesn't allow torrenting or piracy. I personally use Riseup because it's free and they don't spy, but it's run by antifa scumbags so I don't trust it too much.

You just play stupid.

>interwebs? What is that?
>your saying I download the internet?
>how do I shot web?

ISPs don't enforce copyrights, the copyright holder does. A copyright holder who has money yelled at your ISP for allowing someone using their service to steal their copyrighted material. They threatened to sue, so the ISP took action by following the IP to whoever it was issued to at the time of the copyright infringement and found you, and are now yelling at you so the copyright holder stops yelling at them.

It was likely for a movie, music or TV show you torrented, but far more likely for a movie. The ISP usually tells you the name of the copyright holder doing the complaining.

Your options are:
Stop stealing copyrighted material, any copyright holder with enough money will hire someone to try to yell at your ISP until they terminate your service.
Or
Get a VPN. The VPN will act as a middle man between your ISP and the internet. Copyright holders will yell at them for pirating the content, and if the VPN is from somewhere that doesn't care about that shit won't follow the IP trial to your ISP.
Or
Continue pirating shit as normal, or maybe not seeding, etc. Maybe your ISP won't really care enough to terminate your service or maybe the copyright holders aren't paying the people who do the yelling enough to find you frequently enough that you become a problem for your ISP.

The third option is the only option that carries any risk, which is you losing out on your internet service, which may or may not include a fine depending on your contract terms with your ISP.

why ? The problem is not downloading stuff but distributing/sharing it

Probably a troll or scammer, like people calling claiming to be from "Microsoft" saying your computer license is invalid

>YIFY
You deserved it

Attached: 1511819620371.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

vpn ht

How does this even work legally?
The ISP is blatantly admitting that it's wiretapping your communications. Aren't there some laws against this?

they hate when you use much upload at all. they want you to pay a premium for business plans and static ip addresses if you do anything that resembles sharing or running a server. they give less of a shit about you sharing content, unless someone has been riding their ass about it.

No, one of the torrents you are seeding is being watched by a 3rd party copyright company, they saw your IP seeding and they reported to your ISP.

How else is the internet supposed to work??

Get a seedbox to run your torrent client on, then use sftp to download the media.

If you ISP don't care about you downloading shit. Use alldebrid. Has a torrenting service and you just download from their servers at full speed. Cheaper than a VPN too.

i had an isp tried to do a man in the middle attack on me. looked online and saw i wasn't the only one. they really just don't give a fuck.

>alldebrid
>cheaper than a VPN too.

PIA is like $2/month, Alldebird is like $7/month

3.99 euros = 4.67 USD. At current rate of exchange.

You would also have to sign up to a 2 year deal to get a rate of 2.91$.

In the US it's $6.75/month at it's cheapest, I don't care what europoors pay.

Further, PIA is still $2.91/month

Attached: 2018-05-24 11_22_47.png (692x512, 90K)

You have to sign up for the 6 month plan to get $6.75 from alldebird.

Monthly price for PIA is $6.95
Yearly price is $3.33/month.
Two year price is $2.91/month

>not forcing encryption on your torrent software
Your fault.

Clearly they're charging you mutts more then.

No shit, but even with your converted price of $4.67/month, PIA is cheaper at $2.91/month and the yearly cost at $3.33/month

>"breaking copyright infringement"
double negation?

>encryption
but this still stop your IP from being tracked without VPN does it?

correct, your ISP wont know the data being moved, but they will know what IPs your connecting to, and if one of those IPs is a movie study that is logging all the IPs connected and then reporting them to ISPs, you're still able to get caught.

>movie study
*studio

>using alldebrid instead of realdebrid

Attached: 15331551321532.jpg (600x512, 25K)

my ISP doesn't give a shit but most movie and some music torrents by big studios like Warner are being monitored by fucking lawyers

Okay convince.
Also checked.

That's why you should use private, lesser known trackers. Or use rutracker, Boris doesn't give a shit :^)

Are PIA servers banned on Jow Forums?

No. :^) just please don't post cheese pizza...

Yeah, almost always anyways. I'd like to get a Digital Ocean drop or something but I don't know if that would be banned too?

Here in the Netherlands its illegal for ISP's to scan your traffic due to our net neutrality laws.

I2p

They can infiltrate tracker and log all IPs who download a file.
This happened in my country, but not ISP, a fucking anti piracy company which protects creators. :^)
They logged IPs from windows 7 (it was some time ago) and these cunts even infiltrated private, but popular, tracker (invitations only).
Tracker still lives though, they tried to close it, but I think they just moved website to other country.

They are

honestly I almost only use File hosters. Torrents are just too risky and i am not wlling to pay for VPN. Maybe for some old stuff that's unlikely to be observed

whatever you use, dont fall for the VyprVPN meme:

>What Data Golden Frog Retains From VyprVPN Sessions:

>Each time a user connects to VyprVPN, we retain the following data for 30 days: the user's source IP >address, the VyprVPN IP address used by the user, connection start and stop time and total number of >bytes used.

Change your ISP

This. Chances are that your ISP is doing DPI on all your traffic: if they don't respect you they don't deserve you as a client, so tell them to fuck off.

Just use a seedbox.

So about this IP of yours which supposedly downloaded illegal data...
What if someone gets in trouble with something like this and show internet police a free proxy you allow to usefor anyone in the world?
Loggs? What loggs? :^)

>from Nyaa
I don't think your ISP gives a shit about your cartoons.

They say you're retarded for thinking that would be legal, arrest you, and then you get to spend the next 5 years fighting it in courts.

fpbp

If you don't seed, they don't bother you. Let the people that live in free countries and/or have enough money/autism to host seedboxes do that.

if everything is set properly then I doubt that their IP log would hold much in court.