If your language is focused on OOP, it's bad

If your language is focused on OOP, it's bad.

Attached: 1526962159391.png (2251x3703, 2.71M)

k

k

>functional is the next big thing tho
Nah

Cool tumblr infograph, OP.

;3

k

I dont understand Lua isnt it only used for scripting wow addons?

Functional OOP is the shit.

Also I will remind you that OOP doesn't mean C-like, as Alan Kay's idea of OOP was like Smalltalk or LISP.

I prefer the anime girls version

Post it

But OP's image already has anime girls who draw their eldritch power from their process-chans

Why do you even need OOP?
Assembly doesn't have OOP, but it has direct memory access and JMP commands, that some high-level languages don't have for some reason.

Please post it ;_;

no

Attached: famaleprogramme-760x570.jpg (760x570, 91K)

There are some other games that use it too, like everything in Ragnarok Online. Also player homonculus AIs used it from client side so people could make their own AI for their shitty pet.

Smalltalk is shit and I will never understand the hype

if you're allocating memory outside of program initialization, you've under-specified your system
malloc is a code smell

>tumblr

Swift is okay.

it was probably more impressive when there was pretty much just the two dynamic languages to choose from, and you only had enough money for so many parenthesis

Congratulations, you are the biggest faggot!

Attached: 1523519189577.gif (450x450, 1.31M)

Why is this so gay in bad meaning of the word?

Agreed. Learning it now and it’s pretty good

>Swift
>IBM
We don't use it at all

Reading through Swift's documentation right now, and it seems to be basically Rust but without the whole borrowchecker thing. How well supported is it off of the Apple ecosystem? Would you recommend it over Rust?

i object

if your language is interpreted and the interpreter can't fit L2 cache, it's bad

This. Also it's still pretty good for teaching object oriented thinking. But the original Smalltalk syntax is shit, and newer smalltalk dialect keep slavishly copying it without making any changes, even the easy to make small incremental ones like how Self allowed you to chain keyword messages by mandating a consistent case convention.

Just the bytecode interpreter, or the full parser and interpreter combo?

I want to fuck c#

>Matlab
>tfw Octave

>use c++
>never use methods or classes
: - )

if your language interpreter can't fit L1 or at least L2 cache, it's bad

>doesn't use vectors

I mean I don't write them myself, silly. Obviously there's always frameworks and APIs with classes and those are unavoidable.

>say I use C++
>actually use C
A brainlet has been detected

Oh, you're the faggot that thinks allocating 2gb at the start of the program is good practice. Great.

care to elaborate, why ?

Abstraction is for babbys. Fiddling with obscure syntax and barely accomplish anything is real programming.

>2.7MB PNG 2251x3703
no thanks

Attached: 1525732275773.png (1200x1800, 1.3M)

All of them except Scala are legal.

Attached: 527d6ba7e5305a830aed95dfe4618cf35bab26dc_hq.jpg (184x184, 8K)

That's why Scala is great almost anything is legal

Attached: 1527009911695.gif (400x480, 124K)

Damn, that's cute