/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __ayanami_and_terebi_chan_azur_lane_and_niconico_drawn_by_spring_oct__f2928f67c5b92b56416f4a470caa11 (1080x1560, 621K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosanctuary.co.uk/sennheiser-hd555-hd595-earpads-black-pair.html
aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436
dodocool.com/p-da106gy.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god, i wish that were me

the girl or the toy?

both

you want to be both at the same time?

Redpill me on 'breaking in' new headphones.
Legitimate practice or superstitious bullshit?

yes

Attached: 93D7F21C-E2DE-421C-BD00-B509F25CF8F2.jpg (3198x2970, 1.7M)

audible difference with speakers not so much headphones

Me too.

My ATH-M50xs sounded way too sharp until I broke them in, it was almost painful at first but now I love them. It's possible I just got used to it though.

Me on bottom

good taste

Without feeding me a ton of audiophile bullshit, what are the best headphones that I can get for $150 or less that don't require amplification and are super comfortable. I mostly listen to goreshit and other awful music, so actual fidelity doesn't matter to me.

Attached: 1526500568926.png (1330x1898, 64K)

same

makes me wish I had a cute loyal gf

What a shit guide

Thanks user. I'm going to get them

stax are the superior companion and will never betray you

I'm looking for earpads replacements for my Sennheiser HD 558. After looking for a while, I found this site:
audiosanctuary.co.uk/sennheiser-hd555-hd595-earpads-black-pair.html
Price is good, I'm from Brazil so I was going to import anyway, but are they really original? Does anyone here has any experience with this store?

The 009S from stax is basically exactly that. My main headphones are the L700 AND L300 LE but even I was impressed with what you can get from those stax's for so much money.
They're es and very fragile too.

You would get much bigger differences by waiting for the headphone to heat up to body temperature (20° to 37° C) when you put it on.
Don't bother.

Maybe?
The difference in compliance is more easily pointed out in a measurement, but comparing the real result in a loudspeaker by listening? I don't know of any appropriate comparison of the bass driver.

XPT100 or the DT770.
Have fun.

the plastic tab that keeps the hinge in place on the right cup of my ath-m50s snapped off. have any of you had this happen? how did you deal with it? i'm trying duct tape currently, but it's not really working.

i had pre dealt with it by not buying a shitty pair of m50s.

first for superior Chinese IEMs

Attached: Screenshot_31.png (630x654, 951K)

well then you're not really 'dealing with' the problem, you're avoiding it wholesale. Thank you for trying to help, though

DT1990s for 529 Euro, worth it?

save 30 euro and order from thomann

why is this the only thread that comes up for /csg/?

I can get them for ~400 from germany, but I would have to deal with local post office which can lose,damage,break them and I won't be able to return it. Also waiting time goes from 3 days to 14+.

Do it they are end game tier

still thinking if it's worth going from 600s to them, they fall udner "cleaner 600s" category though and within resonable price range

It's either them or spending mebagucks for a substantial upgrade from 600s

/hpg/ is cancerous garbage

What are CA Andromedas of CIEMs?

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1496719564951.png (1280x720, 973K)

its laurel btw

Anyone have any recommendations for chink airpod-style earphones?

if you can't hear both then your headphones/ear/brain is shit

No you

psychoacousticlet

tinnitus

Can someone who has AES membership share this new paper with us?

A Statistical Model that Predicts Listeners' Preference Ratings of Around-Ear and On-Ear Headphones

aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=19436

lil baby

Is there any good headphone for those with glasses? My ATH-M50x is reaching it's end and I want something more comfy

yikes

memory foam
do you need them closed or open?
akg k702/k712 makes some nice ones if open

Yikes like Yanny haha lil baby brainlet hearing

Okay let me be real with you, discussing this garbage is bugman as fuck. Stop being a bugman loser, close the discord tab, toss the onions latte and think about how you got here. Faggot.

G-Getting a bit too lewd here m8!

Attached: 1508800920267.png (500x646, 1.23M)

it's weird haw it works, I can hear both on same hardware
sometimes one siometimes other

Laurel

Was looking for open and yeah I'll try looking for some memory foam cups.
Thanks user

Any good replacement for pic related?
My headphone broke after 3 months of usage, and i realized that their chassis was pretty fragile for a big head. Better chassis and AptX preferred, i don't really care about sound quality right now.

>inb4 using hybrid wired/wireless headphone
I know, but i really like their concept as hybrid headphone and i can't afford for a second one right now

Attached: ATH-AR3BT_BL.jpg (1218x2067, 668K)

Attached: 1527072866077.png (600x450, 413K)

Let's try again

>Budget
£150
>Location
UK
>Source
Pixel 2 XL
>Type of headphone
IEM (Bluetooth)
>Comfort level
As long as they don't fall when I'm out running or lifting
>Past headphones
Only bluetooth headphones I ever had were the Jabra Halo 2 several years ago, 2012 I think, and I'm not really fond of the no cable. Considering the shitty USB C -> Jack 3.5 Google gives with the phone I can't really go for anything else.
Was thinking of getting the IconX 2018, but I can't find any place that sells them for a decent price in UK

Attached: 1526946358385-g.jpg (640x360, 90K)

Check out the sony xb950n1. They're bluetooth, have a built in mic, look good. I was impressed with their sound, they're bassy but it's done well.

>le trolled softly face.jpg

Anyone know a good replacement for the Xaiomi Piston 3s, or where to buy legit ones still? Mine broke, and I need a decent pair for the gym. I was thinking about the KZ ZSRs, but they're a bit more than the Piston 3s.

1More Piston Classic. I don't know the Piston Fit.

That's my target too. But i can't afford that right now.
$10-20 over my previous headphone is alright to me

r8 or h8

Attached: 1517541764784.png (1500x2000, 3.27M)

meow/10

Attached: IMG_20180518_015741117.jpg (2080x1170, 747K)

do you like them? what amp you use with it? are they relly painfuly detailed?

>paying almost a thousand dollars for a +-1% improvement over a 300$ set of headphones
lol desu

Attached: 1200px-Shallots-Whole.jpg (1200x677, 108K)

Love! Life changing. Mine are paired with a beefy Violectric amp. It delivers the mythical "soundstage" you might have read about and not understand fully until you hear it for yourself.

Nice C=64 and trinitron screen.

almost as good as entry level stax

have stax shills ever posted their stax?

Are you having a stroke?

stax shills are asleep EU daytime

stax

Went ahead and ordered the Classics, seem like the best value. I'll probably post a comparison here when they get in to what my old Piston 3s sounded like.

Ur opinion of dt-990?

get 1990s

I have a pair of 990's. Have had them since 2014. What do you want to know?
They require extensive EQ and a powerful amp to be usable as an all rounder and even then they're not very good at it.
In stock form the treble response is just too much, they're firmly in shrill ear rape territory.
Their bass response is good for an open back and they can sound impressive in songs that don't invoke the treble ear rape, like some electronic without vocals.
The DT880 is just strictly superior.

the only decent one is the 600ohm version

>Stax
>Bass

Nope. At least you can EQ the 800 to +20 db

Bait. STAX are linear down below 10hz and respond to EQ with less distortion than the HD800 has without EQ.

Bait. E-stats are limited in their maximum diaphragm displacement by the capacitive resistance of the cable and therefore insufficient voltage at the transducer. Additionally, Stax uses metal sheets for stators which risks discharge of the diaphragm if it gets too close.

Even bigger bait. The HD800 is limited by its XMAX and will distort far more and far earlier than any STAX. Claims of discharge are greatly exaggerated.

you can always spot the person who has no experience with electrostatics other than what they read on forums

Are the upcoming THX amps worth waiting for?

aren't you all about measurement here?

Attached: 1517092107130.png (994x620, 141K)

How many stax owners even come to /hpg/? Seems like there's only two, floor user and that one dude who has the modified stax with the pads and 3d printed yokes. My 3100 system should be arriving sometime next week.

Attached: 1522571855701.jpg (608x342, 27K)

Obviously poorly sealed. Stax are made for ears, not couplers.

again with poorly sealed meme, give me a better sealed graph then, they all got that cliff in low fq range

What is the xmax of the HD800 driver?
Post Klippels.

The only discharge involved is the stator slap.

how many self-proclaimed stax owners actually posted their stax with a timestamp?

seems like there are more shills than actual owners

Attached: 1506711922253.png (320x287, 88K)

There's also the guy who got L700s in japan, Atticus user, and an user with a 660S.

Why do all open headphones sound flat to me?
Gave my sennheisers to my 10-year old daughter. She doesn't know any better, seems happy.
Wife is using my BeyerDynamic 770.
Got myself a pair of fostex purplehearts.
Finally happy.

See pic.
What is the maximum displacement of the L300 driver?

Attached: SR-507 - Good vs Bad seal.jpg (1200x669, 137K)

I'll tell you when I get mine.

so what you are proving here they are useless if your head is bigger or smaller or slightly unusual than japanese average head?
because seems like that fit must be freaking perfect for them to sound good, nice meme speakers you got there

Sounds like you have plastic for skin. Mighty unfortunate, might want to get that checked out.

>dodocool.com/p-da106gy.html
Is this shit a good deal for 40€?

>left darkvoice with stock tubes on overnight
>didn't wake up to fire

Attached: 1509618560050.jpg (250x223, 7K)

I have no idea what Xmax or Xmech is for either. It would be nice to know, for anyone dares to make such a claim.