Stop falling for memes

This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time.

He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.

Attached: jeff dean.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ZR2740w-27-LED-LCD-Monitor/dp/B005PAIZ34/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527140218&sr=8-4&keywords=HP ZR2740w
usesthis.com/interviews/jeff.dean/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: stop liking what i dont like.gif (500x281, 615K)

what monitor is that?

Nice Reddit spacing

thank you

How retarded are you to think that Arch needs to be babied? Maybe if you didn't install random packages like a retard then you would never have any issues like me (I've used Arch since 2013 and haven't broken a single thing yet).

Otherwise I agree with everything you said

>It works for this dipshit, so it is good enough for you as well
Communist.

t. /s4s/

Attached: 1523036254325.jpg (640x448, 26K)

God forbid we have any luxuries

I agree with almost everything except I like using arch.

lmao, its not a luxery, its materialism

>unironically thinks any of this bullshit is what causes him to be productive
correlation doesn't imply causation, moron

>He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
looks like he's using emacs, the epitome of autistically tweakable editors, and you wouldn't be able to tell how tweaked it is just from looking at a screenshot like that

>He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.
pretty sure that emacs theme isn't the default

>He can afford all that shit
yeah, you know you're a real baller when you got the big bucks to afford a ton of free themes, config files, and linux distros

Who is this semen demon?

Okay, God forbid we enjoy and acquire material things.

You are 100% right. The simpler the better.

Also would like to know what monitor that is. ANyone know?

Amazon link to that THICC monitor pls

Why are you writing like this?

It looks really stupid.

All these gaps after sentences.

For anyone looking for the monitor:
Model: HP ZR2740w
Amazon: amazon.com/ZR2740w-27-LED-LCD-Monitor/dp/B005PAIZ34/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527140218&sr=8-4&keywords=HP ZR2740w

He is the beast. But if you want to be more productive you should just use what you are comfortable with. If if you need 2 monitorts that just fine. Everything you wrote can be summarized in cut off your distractions and start working on getting shit done. That would imply to stop shitposting on Jow Forums too.

>mx-518

Attached: 1307635613002.png (219x281, 58K)

Any videos of this guy brogramming?

Because he's a ledditor

Who the fuck cares? All of this is just some cargo cult bullshit which the industry should honestly have less of.

Its true. All of it.

Actually I like more using workspaces than multiple monitors on my xubuntu. And the fact that he is not using complicated text editor is not an argument, you can use Kate or Sublime with literally a minute of cuatomisation and be 3 times more productive than before.

I am 99% sure that this is pasta, but fuck off either way.

this nigga had the gall to show up at one of my stanford classes and claim he wrote custom hdd controllers that made google work in the olden days. nigga gtfo

Yeah workspaces are a better solution. I also bind keys mod + 1-4 to change workspaces. Sure could add more but never really needed more than that. Also mod j or tab to switch apps. Mod + left or right to tile window to each side. That gives me 90% of functionality of tiling window manager on mate I'm sure xfce is probably similar.

And why do you care so much about the desktops of other people?

>He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.
That's Emacs on his screen so you might leave this bit out of the pasta.

Oh shit yeah didn't notice that. I pretty much use the same setup but mate desktop instead of unity or gnome CU's has better keybindings

I do exactly the same thing on any DE.

>t. /s4s/
>not [s4s]
kys

its his work computer. if you had a job you'd understand that your work computer is different from your "sick gaymer mawds" tower in your cave. my tower and set up has more rice than fast and furious tokyo drift, but my work computer has a blank black background and my mouse is the cheapo "DELL" branded one your highschool library had in their computer lab.

this is 1000% true

It's not the monitor and bland desktop environment that makes him productive, it's Emacs.

Attached: rms.jpg (690x460, 62K)

Things Jow Forums unironically believes:
* The fewer keys you have, the better you are at programming.
* Conversely, a fuckhuge mousepad is reasonable.
* You need a case window to "monitor for dust buildup."

>he doesn't have some gigantic
His monitor is actually pretty big and cost much more than 3 generic full hd monitors.

Pretty sure it is zr30 and not 27.

>Stop falling for memes

>His mouse
>His keyboard
>Apple headphones clearly on desk
>Two empty cups of the liquid Jew on his table

Okay

>emacs
how can i trust a man with so little common sense?

Yeah, I did this too on xfce

This, fucking mirin that minimalistic setup.

>Jews getting rich off a shabbos goy who's only too happy to be a shabbos goy
>(((Donates))) $1m to help (((diversity))) in STEM

He's a total cuck and I fucking hate Google. I'm literally purchasing multiple monitors rn just because this cunt doesn't use them.

>he writes 100x more lines of code than you
Seeing how you have no idea what you're talking about, I'll ignore everything that came before this

>t. shrinking back Jew

Ok? Didn't read much tho but I guess all those lines deserve a (You).

t. 4 (1x2160p / 3x 1440p) monitor faggot

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

The guy basically manufactures that materialism, why should we care what he does?

Ever notice how most people with multiple monitors
also use the Microsoft Windows operating system?

seconding this, if you actually do any work 99% of Jow Forums suggestions are totally out of this world and useless ways of wasting time

"What would be your dream setup?
I pretty much have it. Mostly I enjoy doing research and writing software to solve difficult problems with great colleagues, and where the results of our work are used by lots of people. A lighter laptop with a bigger screen would be great, though. A view of the ocean would also be nice."

I mean, I don't even use a multi monitor setup (all the other programmers where I work do, though), but I still think you're a faggot who needs to return to plebbit.

There are people on Jow Forums that have smartphones? What the fuck? I want one now.

This is shockingly similar to the Jow Forums posts with a photo of some operator and 6 gorillion reedit-spaced comments on how shitty their gear is but how they are still 1337.

Honestly, I would like an interview with this guy, I'd like to see what is work flow is like, I doubt this is it.

you're missing the point. he doesn't have 2 monitors because he can afford a fuckhuge monitor with amazing resolution. for plebs, 2x 1080p monitors is as close as it gets to that experience for a lot less money.

That monitors only like $200.

Why do you doubt that? Based on what because hes not using visual studio or some retarded shit glued together with duct tape by a thousand pajeets

>there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive
who said anything about productivity?
it's about comfort.

/Thread

probably a 30inch 2650x1440 hp display. their expensive but 40inch 4k is probably a better way to spend your money of you want that type of monitor these days.

40 inch 4k is literal shit tier choice. I tried it and now its my tv went back to 24" 1920x1200. 40" monitor just feels like a joke lol its so stupid

>That monitors only like $200.
$1400 when it came out
Later dropped to $900 at best

>just feels like a joke lol its so stupid
great argument...

>probably a 30inch 2650x1440 hp
It's patrician 2560 x 1600
not plebeian 2560 x 1440

yall just fell for a pasta.

Jow Forums is made up of literal children though. Or my generation who used to be children back in 2004. Notice how other than memes, the actual programming threads are actually a pretty small community. Most of the discussion that happens is people who are in a college course and either need help, or are eager to shit on someone who does.

The rest of the programming threads are basicslly console war equivilants where people argue which programming language is the best. Meanwhile barely any of these people have even touched a programming language, and are just here to parrot whatever insults they've read.

You've seen the battlestation threads, its just a consumer electronics exhibit for people to show off whatever expensive thing they bought.

Attached: boo.jpg (491x600, 93K)

He has a $1000 WQXGA monitor, an ergonomic keyboard, and is using Emacs.

It doesn't sound like Jow Forums because the man has taste, but otherwise it's not an ordinary set up.

>He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

Ha you almost got me!

Attached: 818nxWlvBeL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x721, 138K)

Also look at the reflection in the glass..More monitors!!!

You are comparing a programmers workplace to a enthusiasts hobby home setup. Is he even interested in computing as a hobby? If so, compare to that setup. Even then it'd be a appeal to authority, but it'd at least be comparing apples to apples.

This is like comparing some farmer using a pickup truck professionally to someone driving a luxury car for fun. A pickup is much better, look how much more stuff he hauls!

The only study into the improved "productivity" of multiple monitors was done on the ability to copy from one source to another, i.e. using a second monitor to copy data into another window was faster than doing it from a print-out.

You're not a hobbiest, you're a consumerist.

probably sponsored by monitor companies

>valuable
>Google
>He literally made Google what it is today
*Sigh*
Time to buy multiple monitors, a smartphones and get into all of those autistic memes you just mentioned, I guess.
>Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you
>And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.
He's working for Google. That's where your bait falls short.
The few smart people that work at Google usually show it outside of Google.

Multiple monitors are handy when you do some webdev or other things with hot reloading, so you can write code on one monitor and see changes on the other.

When i write scripts or do system programming i don't have any use of it except maybe yoytube/music player.

>tfw Jeff isn't your daddy
>tfw your daddy used to download stuff like big_boobs.exe and put the blame on you whenever he installed a virus on the computer
Such is the life of an "accident".

It was /s4s/ before [s4s] though. Best april fool to date.

Maybe that isn't his desk. Might be all staged to throw you off.

It's legit. He uses emacs btw.

>tfw flash "programmer" dad
>bachelor in CS
>can't even write ifs because he was only programming on piece of paper at university
>"come and write shit for me because you are my son"
>"dad I use C++ and Rust, I don't know actionscript, go ask people on the internet"
>"how can my own son betray me. people on the internet make fun of me, I won't ask them, I want to ask my own son"
>repeat at least 2 times a month
Thank God I move to different city.

>dad I use C++ and Rust
>Rust
shake my head to be honest familia

An argument is not needed for such a stupid idea. Thats like saying you need an argument against putting peanut butter on your balls and having your dog lick it. Its clearly stupid end of discussion

Indeed, everyone should live naked in the woods, eat berries, drink rain water and shit next to a deer. Everything more than that is materialism.

Categorizing like this has no meaning unless you argument it. It's just like saying "it's bad because it's not ok".

Is that Moot's dad?

Yeah because multi monitor support is shit in Loonix just like every other part

>went back to 24" 1920x1200
which one?

hardly a "flat" screen
why?

well, he's just like his father after all

What would be your dream setup?
>I pretty much have it. Mostly I enjoy doing research and writing software to solve difficult problems with great colleagues, and where the results of our work are used by lots of people.
>A lighter laptop with a bigger screen would be great, though. A view of the ocean would also be nice.

It isn't the autistic desk setup or lack thereof that makes him good at his job.

>there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive
Having worked with three monitors for so long, I cannot go back to a two monitor setup, much less a one. It's like going through the day with an eye patch on. You have to cram everything into the remaining screen.

>writing industry-grade Erlang
>editor is red on black

I see two signs this dude wakes up at 3am, jumps the fence, and sucks the blood right out of his neighbors throat

Attached: 13677767981861.jpg (600x450, 34K)

>using ubuntu
>genius

And he did all of that in PHP.
This guy is my hero bros.

>he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.
Joke's on you.
Anything times 0 remains 0.

Attached: 1499976749159.jpg (996x720, 98K)

With all that money he should get a professional oled monitor

What book is that?