MacOS has Xcode

>macOS has Xcode
>Windows has Visual Studio
>Linux has ????

Inb4 kiddie CLI compilers

Attached: xcode-9-refactoring-large.png (1165x664, 495K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/vim-scripts/Conque-GDB
aur.archlinux.org/packages/visual-studio-code-bin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're stupid.

Typical linuxfag xenophobia.

i use vscode for linting and choose whatever compiler i want using its settings

GNOME Builder.

Vim is all you need

emacs

GCC and Clang

>compiler
Where do these people come from?

Attached: 1512626363561.jpg (645x729, 81K)

Attached: .png (545x709, 319K)

>Inb4 kiddie CLI compilers
But that's all it has, user.

geany

Using platform specific IDEs is stupid but there are Gnome Builder, Kdevelop, Anjuta.

Attached: kdevelop-showuses.png (1460x920, 328K)

I wonder who is behind this post

Attached: Screenshot_20180524-115605.png (221x113, 16K)

>xcode
>visual studio
>compilers
?????

never have I seen racism this subtle
I'm almost impressed desu

>Kdevelop
>(current stable branch)
>Nov 24, 2017
Might as well be using turbo c++

IntelliJ, CLion, Goland, Pycharm, and all the godly JetBrains software you faggot

Also Vim + compiling stuff through CLI

That's the point, you decide

Linux is an IDE

They're not as good as the original IDEs. It just doesn't feel right using them.

This

>doesnt feel right
you feel like a faggot

If you don't feel right using them, then its your problem

also, geany

problem is those really godly jetbrains ides are not free

Software is supposed to conform to the user, not the other way around. You'll realize that when you grow up and write pro software.

Emacs

kek

still cheaper than buying MacOS for Xcode, or Windows license and then Visual Studio

there are plenty options like Visual Studio Code + Makefiles or scripts for automation

Then write a software that conforms you, it's not my problem you are brainlet

>write a software that conforms you
Or use my hard earned money on windows + visual studio to achieve more of said hard earned money.

Kate

it's up to you, I'm comfy with my FLOSS OS and development tools

If you implement ease of use, you compromise customizability and modularity.
I would rather be able to make my software work as i want it, than it to be easy to use for the normies, but lacks the strength of customiblility.

for example:
>be writing a c++ program and markdown documentation at the same time
>have two ides open, one with a builtin compiler and the other with a live preview for markdown
or
>same situation
>but two vim instances running in tmux, and a terminal for compiling
>live preview addon in vim
>one editor, syntax highlighter if you need it, auto complete for both languages, access directly to the shell with one key, and ability to add custom keybinds for any filetype to do anything you can think of (including inputing text, executing shell commands, etc)

codelite

Sure?

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-24 01-49-23.png (695x325, 81K)

Those arent compilers though. Those are just glorified text editors.
And yes we have a bunch of those.
Geany is my favourite.

What an amazing GUI

Attached: serveimage.png (1603x849, 70K)

How bad are you at software development that paying $200 per year for an all products license is an impossible financial investment for you?

This is not racism, but religious discrimination.

Holy shit that looks comfy

"Use the platform's native UI elements", they said.
"It will look beautiful everywhere", they said.

No, it looks like windows 95.

Are you surprised that a guy shilling for Xcode and Visual Studio is a brainlet?

Xcode and Visual Studio aren't compilers, you moron.

The CEs barely lock anything important out.

>Best windows
I agree

vim
Leaf pad
the terminal
etc etc

Linux is for servers, you'd have to be fucking stupid to use it for development.

>missing out on the comfy keyboard based wm because he wrongly thinks linux is ONLY for servers
huh, get a load of this guy

why are people suggesting vim its complete shit compared to others, i have to use it for a few of my CS classes and i miss visual studio so damn much.

also this

>a few cs classes
You obviously have no idea how to actually use vim. Its got a bit of a learning curve but I would not use a different text editor or ide if you payed me now. Not even memeing.

Literally any Editor + terminal? Who the fuck needs bloated software to code

normie retards

i've used VIM a shit ton, in fact im using it now as we speak for a c++ assignment I have. compared to others, vim is a BAD choice if you are given the option of using a more user friendly interface. theres nothing inherently wrong with vim I suppose. you state theres a learning curve, there isnt much to VIM, I understand all of it.

I find it hard to believe you "understand all of it" and you dislike it. Ive been using it for a few years and im still learning new things about vim i previously didnt know.
If you actually do understand vim, and still dislike it you must either
>1. really like a flashy gui
>2. Use the mouse a shit tonne and like it
>3. Not care about minimalizing keypresses

The buttons are out of date.

Unrelated to the OP but
What should program should I write python scripts in since there's no IDLE (Not the shell, but just a text editor that I can use to save and read .py files)

Attached: 1494105405303.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Emacs. It actually comes preinstalled on OS X, too, unlike XCode.

vim

>unlike XCode.
It's only a download away.

In other words, not preinstalled.

Why not answer his question?

>visual studio - click F5 to compile, run, and debug at the same time
>can't debug in vim
Alright lad

checked

For C and C++ development, Linux users will typically use either GCC or Clang, with CMake, Make, or Automake as a build system. Many don't use an IDE, though for those that do, Qt Creator is a popular choice.

If you really need it, you can get GDB integration in Vim.

github.com/vim-scripts/Conque-GDB

What's GDB? Don't answer - rhetorical question.
Call me when I can debug a program step by step using one key.

vim/geany & GCC
Don't need anything else.

And save what, a few milliseconds? If your last command is "step" or "next", you can just hit up and enter in one stroke. It's not "one key", but considering both are right next to each other, the amount of time consumed is pretty much the same.

Honestly, I don't think any amount of debugging convenience provided by Visual Studio could overcome the fact that the program as a whole is physically painful to use.

>painful to use
>ctrl + shift + s to save all files
>alt+f4 to exit
>perfect GUI, swappable hotkeys
Okay friendo

>ctrl + shift + s to save all files
And in Sublime, it's ctrl+shift+alt+s. One more key, big woop.

>alt+f4 to exit
Same in most editors except Vim and Emacs, whose users don't seem to give a shit.

>perfect GUI
95% of Visual Studio's GUI is unnecessary crap. All I need is a fucking editor. Also, all of the build scripts are fucking unreadable. Whoever came up with MSBuild and the structure for .sln files needs to be shot.

>swappable hotkeys
I also have this in Sublime.

Jetbrains products?

>alt+f4 to exit

Top kek, lad. What other program could possibly compete with Visual Studio.

Attached: 1445641056624.jpg (634x464, 79K)

>XCode
>Visual studio
>compilers

???

Gentoo

Borland Delphi in 1998 had a better GUI

>hurr you always have to use the absolute newest of the newest version durr

>alt+f4 to exit
revolutionary

Attached: LKBCs.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

OP needs to really kill himself tonight! if not then sooner, these people are a parasite and danger, they know NOTHING about computers and still use them, oyvey! seriously kill yourself OP

SPOILER: macos was built from the same kernel linux was built from, so they are like brothers, you belong on windows OP

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-24 13-14-48.png (1366x768, 1.07M)

>>SPOILER: macos was built from the same kernel linux was built from, so they are like brothers, you belong on windows OP
no. mac was build on a bsd kernel (i forget which). Linux was a kernel built from scratch.

Is that gnome? because you cant hold the moral highground with gnome
But i still agree, OP should kill himself

It works, it has embedded console, it has vi mode... Kate is very underrated

Geany was very comfy for me for python.

you've put me in my place quite well user, serves me right on not doing the kernel research.

I honestly don't think there's much noobness in gnome i'm just too lazy to get into i3 ricing

Why the fuck does one open a terminal just to launch firefox? It just makes you look like someone who failed at looking like a wannabe super hacker

You dont even really need to rice i3, just add a few keybinds to improve workflow. proper vim keybinds, add a keybind for your browser, and the other programs you use a lot. maybe set a wallpaper. then you're good to go.

This

good question everyone asks this, it's just a habit I got into when once firefox crashed and I had no way to exit it restarting pc, instead can just kill the terminal so it's a crash fail safe (I run most apps in terminal).

the vi keybinds are the way to go once it's done you're set up, just need time to get around to it

Vscode works even better than visual studio for some tasks like Python for example

Also vim is all you need.

okay makes sense

Remember where you are

Mach kernel is completely different from bsd's. The userland is from BSD while Linux has a GNU's copy thereof.

Why does nobody mention codeblocks?

Because nobody uses codeblocks.

aur.archlinux.org/packages/visual-studio-code-bin/

this has to be a bait thread from op

>what is GNOME Builder
>what is KDevelop
>what is NetBeans
>what is Eclipse
>what is Android Studio

Attached: 1369629104669.jpg (1260x800, 527K)

Attached: 1366969361082.gif (172x149, 552K)

because this is a low-effort bait thread

Builder.

>t. mactoddler