/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on other youtube)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM, Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming WITH/WITHOUT a graphics card (Low end)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale & closer to 2200G price
>R5 2600X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPU (Mid range)
>i7-8700k - Best for gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700X - Best high-end mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>TR 1950X/Used Xeon - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing (HEDT)
Overclocking
>Use Precision Boost2 offsets to overclock Ryzen2000X series!

RAM
>8GB - enough for glorified gaming use
>16GB - for heavy PC use
>32GB+ - if you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933-3200 MHz is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 560, $115; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 8GB, $220+
>There have been good sales on AMD graphic cards lately in the US. Look for them
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) fps in newer games & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti, 1080, or Vega56/64; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
>Titan V OC

Storage
>Optane is good with StoreMi on Ryzen; not good on Intel
>240GB minimum for a storage drive
>2TB HDD are barely more $ than 1TB
>m.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider getting a larger SSD, instead of small SSD & large HDD; add HDD later when needed

General
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous

Attached: de9323.jpg (1200x1200, 1.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/9qCwgw
pcpartpicker.com/list/JHXfyX
pcpartpicker.com/list/FcsKXP
youtube.com/watch?v=wSmpw8jFHoM
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131740
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What are the essentials of building an absolute poverty tier PC? Looking to get into some eBay Xeon action.
I'd advise sucking dick for more cash

1080 gaming
Mostly WoW, some Football Manager

I'm sorted on all parts except the CPU. I'm struggling between the 8400 and the 8700. I'm not sure if the 8700 is worth it but the 8400 won't get the most out of WoW I guess which is single core

That's no gud.

Attached: yuck.png (640x480, 280K)

Your trolling right?
Anyways
You don't need such a powerful PC for that shit. But just get the 8400 if your being cheap. Why don't you show us your build on PC partpicker

X470 boards all should. There's no gaurantee that more budget boards like b450 will get a BIOS update for Zen2 7nm, but afaik all the b350 boards got one for Ryzen 2000 series.

Anything 4+ cores will run WoW as good as it'll run. Blizzard are just terrible.
1050Ti or RX570 if you want overkill.
I'd recommend just go with a 2600X and RX570 if your budget is $950.

>I'm not sure if the 8700 is worth it but the 8400 won't get the most out of WoW I guess which is single core
It's just irrelevant. I don't know what bottlenecks WoW exactly, but in a raid even a 5.2ghz 7700k isn't going to give you 120+ fps. But it's not like you need more than 60 in that game, which any modern 4+ core 3.5GHz+ CPU is going to deliver.

Hell you can overclock a 2400G to 3.9GHz and the iGPU to 1500MHz and play WoW on medium settings 60fps easy. And basically any mmorpg. That's a $450 build there.

>think maybe I'll pop extra 8gb ram into machine I built last year because why not
>price is $280AU
>got it last year from same site $120

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

i'm building me a new pc with a i5-8400 and a msi z370-a pro mobo nothing special only for playing wow and lol
is it worth to invest in a 1070 or should i stay with a 1060 6GB ? need help

which fucking ram?

I've got a i5-4440 and a 1060 3gb.
Effortlessly playing lol at max. I was using a gtx650 1gb and it played lol at max. But you can waste your money if you like. Maybe you'd like to play a AAA game now and again

I got the pricing wrong, but it's still jaw dropping.

Attached: Untitled.png (1211x521, 229K)

not the same

Eh $10 diff, that's pretty crazy though.

Lrn2fuckingmath

samefag

how can people be so deluded

Nah, but the pricing is pretty silly. QTY 2 means the actual 2x8GB, so there is a $110 markup which is bonkers.

Attached: Untitled.png (604x457, 28K)

kys retard

>deluded
explain yourself

Someones selling this for 350$ no tax. Do I take the chance on it?

Attached: srgvs.png (1463x771, 105K)

>RRP $599

Attached: Terry.jpg (802x854, 203K)

How does it feel to be this much of a brainlet?

$100 isn't that bad for RAM really, there's worse out there.

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense. sense

My dad built a PC for me around November and it included a cpu (i7 2600K) which he bought for $495, off Amazon, did he rip himself off?

Thinking you need a fucking 8700 and 1070 to play fucking WoW.
A game from fucking 2004, when the 6800GT came out, a card that's like 10x less powerful than an RX560. lmfao.

Like how dumb can you be?

Get a new dad.

Thanks might just go for a single mx500 1tb and forego the 960 nvme. Was thinking having a 960 would mean even faster boot times but upon further reading real world use gains are pretty marginal. Im actually upgrading my laptop which only has a single sata port so if I want a secondary drive I have to use the m.2 slot.

Tbf with BfA WoW can't just be run on a toaster no more

Attached: 698730.jpg (1049x1148, 197K)

Brainlet here

I don't play WoW but I do play video games with "recommended specs". But I'm lost. Like when it says i7-4770 I've no idea what that means in, say, Coffee Lake. Is there a site that has like a ladder or something?

>70GB available space
For a single fucking game?

Attached: 1527056827122.png (641x490, 306K)

Dont listen to the shillys here... Anything made ~2010 is still fine. The Autists of Jow Forums think everyone needs to drive a Ferrari.. But here in the real world we all got a Honda.

Attached: 1525499675789.jpg (600x338, 56K)

>Car analogies

Attached: 1496114727751.jpg (400x562, 33K)

>Radeon 7850
>HD Graphics 530
One of these things is not like the other. lmfao. What the fuck.

4770 = R5 2400G = 8700 underclocked with 2 cores disabled.

When we talk Coffee Lake, Kaby Lake, Haswell, we're talking about generations of processors, generally the higher the number, the more recent it is. In that case the i7 4770 is a Haswell chip, an i7 6700 is a Skylake chip and so on. The specs for each chip tend to change generation by generation, like the number of cores for example, Coffee Lake i7s have more cores compared to previous ones.

Surely you mean add 2x8gb? You can get 2x8GB @ 3200MHz for that much

It is the windows of games in every way

>pop an extra 8gb
>example is 16gb
hence my confusion. That's not bad for 3000MHz units though. But I'm not sure on which planet the RRP is "$599.00".

wat anime?

Current specs
i5 3470
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX1070

I feel like my cpu is bottlenecking and want to get something better. Have CPUs advanced much and is it worth doing considering my RAM and mobo will be useless so will need to upgrade those too?

Everything is fucking expensive right now.

>Anything made ~2010 is still fine.
All hardware inevitably fails, unfortunately.

I swear I'm going to fuck up building. I've had my parts for almost a week now but keep delaying because I'm afraid

OP is back with this Optane and StoreMi shilling, both completely useless for PCBG.

I'm getting a 8600k or 8700. Is there a big difference? I also haven't overclocked before. Shall I just go with the 8700

Eh, StoreMi is needed to make Optane actually good. Neither is good without the other.

if you don't plan to overclock than 8700 naturally is better. Look up some benchmarks.

I was in the same boat and went with the 8700. My only question now is which cooler I get. Is an aircooler enough for the 8700?

Unless you're getting 8600k for significantly cheaper(including motherboard, cooler, and possibly delidding it), it's better to get 8700 or even 8400. In general, the 8600k is pretty overpriced.

Haven't been here since January are cheap coffee lake boards out?

Even stock cooler will handle 8700, though with likely some thermal throttling under heavy workloads. A 20-30dollar after market air cooler will handle a 8700 just fine.

I want a case a) big enough b) with a glass door and c) that is strong enough for water pressure

basically I want to embed a small fish aquarium in my rig

Give it to me straight: can it be done?

How about getting a 2600X because its better

better for what though...

Gaymen
Future proofing
Overclocking (because the 8700 can't)
Cheaper mobos
Cheaper in general
No deliding
More efficient
Good included cooler

I'm building an x3440 with 1060 this weekend. Hope it all goes well.

>Gaymen
Wrong.
>Future proofing
Depends, you have been parroting that since FX series with its moar cores and look how long it took to get to 6 cores.
And even then both 8700 and 2600x have same amount of cores.
Or are you actually talking about "you can buy a new cpu every year" as a great perk?

>Overclocking (because the 8700 can't)
It performs much better than 2600x even in stock form.

>Cheaper mobos
Debetable, but generally true but by how much entirely depends on the place of purchase.

>Cheaper in general
Also worse performance in games, it's not like it's cheaper for "free"

>No deliding
You absolutely do not need to delid a 8700, even 8700k doesn't need to be delided if you don't OC it sky high or don't have a good cooler.

>More efficient
In what way exactly?

>Good included cooler
A meh cooler included. Just because it's better than intel shit stock cooler doesn't make it good, it makes it better but it is still meh. A good cooler is wraith prism/max or hyper 212 which costs 29 bucks.

pcpartpicker.com/list/9qCwgw
Thoughts on this build? My first build and I literally have no idea what I'm doing.

state your computer usage, what kind of workloads you will be putting it through and so on. Also your budget.

>You absolutely do not need to delid a 8700
I want around 29c idle and ever breaking 50c how do i achieve this on intel?

>FX series with its moar cores
>he thinks fx had more then 4 cores
brainlet

>Also worse performance in games
with shill benchmarks with the worse bottom of the barrel ram meanwhile the intel cpus are always at 5ghz on a 150$ water cooler AND even then the amd cpus are never more than 5% worse and better at everything else

>In what way exactly?
in the way that the 8 core 16 thread 2700x only consumes 50 or so watts in gaming

Attached: 2700xpower.png (712x1441, 165K)

your CPU would bottleneck a 1060. Dunno why you got a 1070.

Not freezing up your entire OS just because one program is frozen up, is a big thing.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/9qCwgw
>Thoughts on this build? My first build and I literally have no idea what I'm doing.
It's okay. Get a better HDD and PSU at least.

I also find it hilarious how you're willing to pay $550 for a graphics card (and probably have a 1080p 60hz monitor) but you can only spring for a $65 240GB SSD and just pick cheapest of all components in general outside of the GPU.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JHXfyX
added better ram since your mobo supports it, just check the qlv sheet to be sure

What site is this? The RRP is clearly a hustle

>I want around 29c idle and ever breaking 50c how do i achieve this on intel?
The same way you achieve this on AMD.

>brainlet
>ignores all the points and instead of addressing them, you just call me names
You of course realize you wont convince anybody like that.

>with shill benchmarks
So let me get this straight, vast majority to the point of almost everybody showing benchmarks that 8700 performs better than 2600x in games is a shill?

> intel cpus are always at 5ghz on a 150$ water cooler
You can't overclock 8700 idiot, neither does it need a water cooler or deliding, because again not overclocked. Do you fucking have any idea about hardware?

>even then the amd cpus are never more than 5% worse and better at everything else
You are downplaying the strengths and highlighting strengths most gamers don't care about. But then again, when you call gaming "gayming" I would imagine your inability to hold your malice towards a certain customer group to be an indication you don't really care for said consumers and what is best for them. To you it's simple "buy muh favorite brand or you are the enemy"

>8700 vs 2600x
>Not freezing up your entire OS just because one program is frozen up, is a big thing.
What are you talking about?

This is sad. I hope that included the whole computer with the cpu
Don't moan to your dad though. You'll break is sweet little heart. Just tell him to never buy you PC components ever against.

>you have been parroting
>you
Revealing you're literally an Intel shill. How does it feel to be so retarded that emotional attachment to a massive corporation affects your decision making?

It's really not that hard, it's like a giant leggo set, there's a few major things to avoid and that's it.
1) Select parts that are compatible and are within the right tolerances of each other, normally the first mistake people make. Basically check everything you're getting fits the mobo they're being put on.
2) Be careful handing parts, you normally dont need to be anal about static killing parts, but in general don't touch the gold connectors on components, handle them carefully by the edge. If your PSU is grounded through the socket, plug in the PSU and touch the metal case and you'll discharge to ground. which is a quick and dirty way to get rid of static, I normally just do this once at the start of a new build.
3) Check connector orientation before trying to connect up components, there's usually marks that indicate orientation, when installing don't apply loads of force to anything, if it's not connecting properly then double check orientation. The only possible exception for this is installing CPU coolers, sometimes they require a decent bit of pressure to install.
4) On first power up make sure all your fans are spinning, VGA and CPU are most important, you don't want to leave them components heating up if the cooling isn't working correctly.
5) Read all the manuals if you're unsure, most good mobos come with excellent manuals that show orientation of components and step by step guide for install and setup, same for the case/cpu/gpu

Do it slowly and methodically, if you find yourself rushing out of excitement or frustration then take a break otherwise you might accidentally skip steps and make a mistake. Despite it being fairly simple a good build can take a good few hours so have patience and take a break if needed.

They're both pointless for desktops, a single fast NVMe drive is typically cheaper and faster at the type of reads/writes that matter on a desktop.

Hey fellow Intel goyim. I bought a new in boxed i7-5820K a few days back as an upgrade to a Xeon for gaming and it refuses to boot getting stuck at error 92, which means PCI-e issues. What the fuck is going on? It works fine when I put the Xeon back in. I have an AsRock X99 Extreme6/3.1. I'm at my wits end.

Attached: _20180524_204809.jpg (3783x3090, 1.72M)

>Revealing you're literally an Intel shill.
A nice statement, backed up by what exactly? The fact I disagree with you?
Refer back to this
> But then again, when you call gaming "gayming" I would imagine your inability to hold your malice towards a certain customer group to be an indication you don't really care for said consumers and what is best for them. To you it's simple "buy muh favorite brand or you are the enemy"

>How does it feel to be so retarded that emotional attachment to a massive corporation affects your decision making?
I dunno, you tell me. I don't pick a winner and then try to build proof around it. I look at multiple benchmarks across dozens of sights and forums and simple note what product is good and what it's good at.
You have to be a shill to recommend AMD for people who only game, you have to a shill to recommend intel for people who multitask like mad, stream and game at the same time, do primarily productivity workloads(unless they primarily use a program that prefers intel heavily over AMD)

But not for you, for you only one company can exist, "best product for consumer" doesn't exist in your mind. It's pick a side and shill for it, in your case "by AMD for everything, you would be foolish to buy intel for anything"

I really wonder if at the end of the day you are a false flagging intel shill, because what you are doing is a genuinely effective way to drive people away from AMD.

Your CPU would most definitely be bottlenecking you. Your like 5 generations behind. And upgrade now would yeild you +50% performance. So I'd recommend something. Get something good though so it'll last you long.
A good upgrade will cost you $500-600 for ram, GPU and mobo. If your PC is 5+ years or let's just say old you should get a new PSU aswell

>They're both pointless for desktops, a single fast NVMe drive is typically cheaper and faster at the type of reads/writes that matter on a desktop.
It's more efficient, but optane is faster and for optane to be viable you need storemi.
I personally think it's an enthusiast kind of things and that most people will be completely fine with a normal SSD or a nvme one if they want to be a bit more fancy.

I don't get this image

What motherboard for an i5 8400 or an i7 8700? Basically not overclocking

I have no idea what to look at

for both B360 and maybe a Z370 if you want to use much faster RAM on them. But then it doesn't seem like you are going all out and instead are going for a more budget oriented build.

>I have no idea what to look at
Look at the last thread it discussed this to some extent.

Mostly games and general pc use. Games at 1080p 60hz with other settings at highest ,$1300 budget.

Trying to keep it under $1300 while having the option of upgrading to 1440 or even 4k in the near future.

How much of a difference is that going to make?

>Look at the last thread it discussed this to some extent.
Thank you

>Faster RAM

I'm thinking 3000 16GB

>The same way you achieve this on AMD.
AMD doesnt delid, AMD does this out of the box, and intel doesnt

>You of course realize you wont convince anybody like that.
i don't care about convincing a shill about facts

>So let me get this straight, vast majority to the point of almost everybody showing benchmarks that 8700 performs better than 2600x in games is a shill?
everyone using 2400 on ryzen is a shill

>You can't overclock 8700 idiot
enough of a reason not to buy it, maybe you should consider that i have a non k series intel cpu that that it needs water cooling to get passible temps

>You are downplaying the strengths
5% is hardly a strength, 50% is a strength and intel doesn't have 50% more of anything other than cost and power consumption

Attached: 2600btfo7800x18.png (1279x716, 522K)

>Games at 1080p 60hz with other settings at highest
Both 8400 and 2600 should serve you fine since both hit 60hrz with no problem. The only question is if you want better multi threaded performance or better single core performance. But really both are fine, get which ever is cheaper for you at the end of the day since in your case your GPU will matter more.

>Trying to keep it under $1300 while having the option of upgrading to 1440 or even 4k in the near future.
Even more so when you want to go 1440 or 4k, you will be bottlenecked by the GPU for sure in those cases and your CPU choice becomes even less relevant. Again get what 2600 or 8400, which ever ends up cheaper for your build.

For 8400 and 8700 the non OC RAM is DDR4-2666. So you can either get the cheaper ram with better latency and not overclock anything. Or you need to get a z370 board and then you can OC the RAM which lets you use speeds higher than 2666.

>AMD doesnt delid
Correct, it's soldered, so it's actually much harder to delid the CPU and replace it with a high performance liquid metal, so if you are chasing those extremely low temps, then AMD is actually worse.
But better than intel out of the box.
So better default option, but less potential to upgrade the cooling vs intel that has worse performance out of the box but is much, much easier to delid and get the best cooling.

>i don't care about convincing a shill about facts
And here is where your mistake is my blinded fanboy friend. If you treat your arguments as "I don't have to be factual and rational to convince anybody and I am only arguing with my hated enemy who I don't even care to convince"
Then all your arguments will be trash. Any on looker are unlikely to agree with you and worse still might think you are irrational.

>>that pic
whats the point of comparing previous gen intel vs current gen ryzen?

>i have a non k series intel cpu that that it needs water cooling to get passible temps
Since vast majority of people don't have this issue I have to assume either you got real unlucky, or you just made an error in installing, lastly it's possible you are lying about it. Since again you mentioned overclocking to 5GH when I mentioned the 8700 CPU

>5% is hardly a strength
As I said, downplaying the actual strengths and in this case
> intel doesn't have 50% more of anything other than cost and power consumption
Up playing the weaknesses when even your own pictures show that is not true.

>What are you talking about?
Even with HT, Intel's arch still locks the entire core. The thread is "greedy". HT only allows it to switch at times when it'd otherwise be waiting, but not when thread(s) are fully locked on a process or processes.
So if some program fucks up on as many threads as you have cores, Windows can't even respond to close it sometimes. Your PC just hangs and hopefully finishes what it's doing so you can end it.
On the other hand, AMD's SMT allows two threads to share a core simultaneously, among other architectural differences when it comes to switching contexts for the many thread which'll be running simultaneously.
Hopefully that makes sense? Someone else can probably explain better.

A big example of that is that you can render something in say Blender, using all threads, yet still game at the same time smoothly (albeit lower fps).
If you do the same thing on a 6900k or 8700k, it will stutter at best, repeatedly lock up and stop responding at worst. Or not game while rendering, since that's impractical, but something like simply browsing the web. On the Intel platform it'll hitch and lock up, while on AMD it'll just load the pages slightly slower. This feels much, much smoother, even if maybe in the end they render around the same time and load pages around the same. Tons of people who switched from a 6900k to a 1800X can confirm this very real phenomenon.

This is the whole
>AMD is smoother
thing. It's not a meme.
It has less to do with 0.1% minimums or whatever. Intel CPUs can still do fine on those in benchmarks because benchmarks are run in a way that's not representative of actual PC usage. They have nothing running in the background, except something to monitor framerates. They disable all sorts of Windows services that most people would reasonably keep enabled, like network i/o.

>whats the point of comparing previous gen intel vs current gen ryzen?
user... that's not previous gen Intel.
That's Skylake-X. That's current gen until intel comes out with a new -E or -X platform.
Use your brain.
That's Intel's current $360 6 core for their X299 $400 motherboards platform
But mesh instead of ringbus on a 6 core is awful, so yeah it sucks ass in a lot of games.

what do you guys think about my PC specs:

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X
CPU: i7-8700K
SSD: 500GB SSD NVMe M.2
RAM: 16GB
Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 165Hz

>Correct, it's soldered, so it's actually much harder to delid the CPU and replace it with a high performance liquid metal, so if you are chasing those extremely low temps, then AMD is actually worse.
Imagine the amount of mental gymnastics that intel users must employ to think deliding is good

>And here is where your mistake is my blinded fanboy friend. If you treat your arguments as "I don't have to be factual and rational to convince anybody and I am only arguing with my hated enemy who I don't even care to convince"
>Then all your arguments will be trash. Any on looker are unlikely to agree with you and worse still might think you are irrational.
There is no argument the FX is a quad core, its a fact and anyone who disagrees is wrong/retarded

>skylake-x
>previous gen intel
Current gen HEDT tardmo

>Up playing the weaknesses when even your own pictures show that is not true.
Maybe if intel only consumed 5% more power and costed 5% more and was 50% better in everything then intel wouldn't be shit, however since the exact opposite is true then intel is shit

You either don't own an intel cpu or are rationalizing shit purchasing decisions.

>GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 TI Gaming X
overpriced

>CPU: i7-8700K
noobtrap: the cpu

>SSD: 500GB SSD NVMe M.2
for what purpose is this better than a sata 3 ssd

>RAM: 16GB
Nice description

>Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 165Hz
Enjoy your exploding monitors

reddit/10

What's not to get? Motherboard hospital
When you spend that much of course you're going to get the best

Attached: illust_34252438_20180523_205001.jpg (958x1600, 715K)

>When you spend that much of course you're going to get the best
nothing in that list is the best

I think your spending too much money. If your a casual gamer you don't need it. Expensive stuff like that is called enthusiast parts for a reason. Its only marketing that tries to drive people to buy expensive shit they don't need

Faster at what? Contiguous read/writes, which makes up most of the data on a general purpose desktop. No not really. A single 960 Pro wipes the floor, or pairs of slower NVMe drives in RAID.

The only time Optane is faster is at smaller 4 read/writes but that makes up like 100mb of files for the average user desktop. It's also way over priced.

I looked into Optane for my new build and went with a pair of 512Gb 960 Pros in RAID 0 instead.

I've been using a CM Hyper TX3 cooler for the longest time in my AMD processor, but now that i upgraded to intel i cant find the appropiate screws to tie the little thingies that stick to the motherboard in the cooler....
What can i do? oh gosh poor me

Putting together a first time build for gayming/multitasking. Hows this? Also, are there any good cases for especially dusty environments?
pcpartpicker.com/list/FcsKXP

Maybe CM can send screws to you.

Is there any good review using a 1080ti at 1440p comparing the 8700k overclocked vs a 2700k with good ram timings?

>What's not to get? Motherboard hospital
what about the glasses, the tree? Why is the tree connected to the board?

Get mounting brackets or be clever with zip ties
Spending less on CPU and more on video card would probably be best
Trees are good for peace of mind
Somebody (big) owns the board, right? It's a handy place to set your glasses down.

Attached: illust_13445825_20180523_231522.jpg (1300x1323, 471K)

nvm i luckily found screws that fit. storing screws in small zip bags paid off!

>pcb hospital girl
does that mean she has computer viruses?

i/o of Optane is massively better.
And its response time is massively faster.
84μs for the 480gb 900p in ATSB, 140 for the 960 pro, and 1,113 for the 960 Evo. So about 15 times faster than the 960 Evo.

1.1ms is still a quick response time, but I don't notice any real world difference between a fast SATA drive an the 960 Evo. But Optane with StoreMi seems to be subjectively a much more noticeable difference to those who have tried it.

Also there is the way 960 Evo throttles, and Optane doesn't. When you use a 960 evo for the one thing it's noticeably faster than a fast SATA drive at, which is transfering large files, it quickly throttles to being only about 2x instead of 4x SATA speeds, while Optane stays at nearly its maximum and is faster in the end.

Might need to get a mounting kit from CM.

You could just go with 550w. Your system won't pull more than like 300-400 in total, so you still have room for overclocking or getting more power hungry components in the future with 550.

Also that model of RX580 is trash. Cheap Gigabyte/Asus/MSI models are all trash.
If you're just doing 1080p, save yourself $70 and get the RX570 Strix. Do you really need more than a 2600X, too?

I also want to say that cheap MSI boards are also trash... but apparently MSI has great user reviews on all their X470 boards across the line. But anyway, you can save a good bit getting a 2700X+motherboard combo from Newegg if you're not in CA.
>are there any good cases for especially dusty environments?
Silverstone makes a case with HEPA filters if you want to go overboard.
But yeah just look for cases with dust filters that are easy to clean.

Identical in 8 games. 2700X is 5% lower in Just Cause or whatever that is, and like 5-10% lower in Dota2(but still 165+ and I'm not sure how reliable that test is).
youtube.com/watch?v=wSmpw8jFHoM
Give the 2700X like 102.5BCLK and they should be identical in all cases at 1440p.

Oh hey. Vega56 + Far Cry 5 for $480. That's not bad if you actually want the game.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131740

>user... that's not previous gen Intel.
What are you trying to imply there is no performance difference between 7700k and 8700k? As I have said, best intel CPUs for gaming right not are 8400 and 8700/8700k so explain to why why you are comparing the best CPUs AMD has to offer in terms of gaming performance, mean while not using the best CPU for gaming for intel?
I mean that is what is being tested in that picture? Gaming performance

>But mesh instead of ringbus on a 6 core is awful, so yeah it sucks ass in a lot of games.
Just like it sucks on AMD, it sucks on intel. The only difference is that intel has a ringbus CPUs to offer to gamers, while AMD doesn't.

>Imagine the amount of mental gymnastics that intel users must employ to think deliding is good
It's not good for consumers who don't want to delid. It's good for consumers who want to put on liquid metal which is the best of the best in terms of cooling.
I am not praising intel for doing that, I am just stating a fact that if you actually want to use the best cooling solutions, then AMDs option is better than intels, but not the best. The best is only achieved by deliding and doing it yourself with liquid metal.

>There is no argument the FX is a quad core, its a fact and anyone who disagrees is wrong/retarded
You missed the point of what I said entirely.

>Current gen HEDT tardmo
Perhaps my the issue is that I use "current gen" and in the generation of a product, no so much of what goes under the hood if that makes any sense.
Any way terminology aside, I hope you aren't trying to claim that a 7700k and 8700k will give you exactly the same performance as a product.

>Maybe if intel only consumed 5% more power and costed 5% more and was 50% better in everything then intel wouldn't be shit
If that was the case, there would literally be zero reason to buy AMD, it would be complete monopoly on the market through sheer better performance and bang for buck.

>however since the exact opposite is true then intel is shit
It isn't exact opposite though. Or are you claming AMD has 50% better performance in everything?

>You either don't own an intel cpu or are rationalizing shit purchasing decisions.
I owned both AMD and intel CPUS, depending on when which offered a better deal in terms of price/performance or performance for the things I needed. This is the exact reason why I am calling you out for coming off as a ideologically fueled fanboy.

>It's good for consumers who want to put on liquid metal which is the best of the best in terms of cooling
solder is better

>You missed the point of what I said entirely.
not up for debate fx is a quad core

>Any way terminology aside, I hope you aren't trying to claim that a 7700k and 8700k will give you exactly the same performance as a product.
Imagine being such a brainlet that you think skylake-x isnt the complementary HEDT to coffee lake because it starts with a 7

>If that was the case, there would literally be zero reason to buy AMD, it would be complete monopoly on the market through sheer better performance and bang for buck.
but that's not the case in reality AMD is far better in anything multi threaded, near equal in gaming (with shit ram), far more efficient, better temps, better everything

Holy fuck, you're retarded.
That's an 7800X not 7700k.

>Just like it sucks on AMD
AMD doesn't use mesh.
Again, you're retarded.

>Or are you claiming AMD has 50% better performance in everything?
In multithreaded? yes.

Attached: 2600vs8400cine.png (1339x1830, 92K)