/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

Thread Archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

Last threads:

Attached: ghost-in-the-shell-anime-robot[1].jpg (564x423, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/technology-44238056
thehackernews.com/2018/05/vpnfilter-botnet-malware.html
twitter.com/TheHackersNews/status/999564474465046531
thehackernews.com/2018/05/vpnfilter-router-hacking.html
activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html
youtube.com/watch?v=hRwU9zJcT60
bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41920075
darkroastedblend.com/2011/08/futuristic-urban-mega-structures-update.html
pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
youtube.com/watch?v=tVwlmTIJuEM
iase.disa.mil/stigs/pages/a-z.aspx
dandylife.net/docs/BitTorrent-Protocol.pdf
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1527206877120.webm
itgoodtoknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Capture-20.png
bbc.com/news/uk-44240158
lwn.net/Security/Index/
bbc.com/news/technology-44248122
bbc.com/news/technology-43325230
blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/05/VPNFilter.html
economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/05/23/america-is-losing-the-battle-against-robocalls?fsrc=scn/li/te/bl/ed/americaislosingthebattleagainstrobocallsdailychart
qualcomm.com/solutions/internet-of-things/consumer-electronics/drones-and-robots
developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/qualcomm-flight
developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/hardware/snapdragon-flight/34688
bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44163989/scientists-develop-mind-reading-algorithm
twitter.com/humanguardians/status/991195542523863040
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Avoid posting book/pamphlet titles that web crawlers can find.
Use something like the following:
const obscureTitle=(title)=>name.split(' ')
.map(word=>word[0]+(word[1]='_')+word.slice(1, word.length))
.join('-');

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

Well started user.

Last thread expired suspiciously early. Lots of junk postings. Raid from /hmg/ perhaps?

Every. Fucking. Day.

Attached: 1509912242433.jpg (640x640, 63K)

True, but where do you talk about /cyb/ if not here, if it was two separate threads, /cyb/ would die with 3 replieds when /sec/ would easily bump limit.

Also /sec/ tended to die early.

Blade Runner promised us flying cars. We are getting closer:
bbc.com/news/technology-44238056

I was thinking in the post of the other day about forming a "hacker" group, I though than maybe I got him wrong.
Obviously a call to gather a bunch of blackhats is retarded, but maybe he meant to tinker with virtual nets and wargames, finding guys to do capture the flag with or just learn together (yes, I sound hippie). Nothing compromising, just info sharing and maybe collab.
Isn't that why so many people asked for an IRC channel and the outer heaven in the first place?
Maybe you know a place like this already exists.

A guy here asked about megastructures and now a thread was made on /sci/ so I am linking it here

Sounds like you are looking for a masker space. There are many all over the world with lots of cool equipment and tools for making new stuff.

=== /cyb/ News
>FBI seizes control of a massive botnet that infected over 500,000 routers
thehackernews.com/2018/05/vpnfilter-botnet-malware.html

>Here's a #metasploit module which creates a malicious word document to exploit CVE-2018-8174 - VBScript memory corruption vulnerability
twitter.com/TheHackersNews/status/999564474465046531

Attached: Dd8qix1V0AE9IX-[1].jpg (1061x426, 62K)

absolute state of micr*soft

=== /cyb/ News
>#ParalyseTheInternet — Researchers unearth a huge #botnet army of over 500,000 hacked routers and Internet-connected storage devices from Linksys, MikroTik, NETGEAR, and TP-Link.
thehackernews.com/2018/05/vpnfilter-router-hacking.html

Attached: large[1].jpg (728x380, 31K)

Fug

>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html
who wrote that fucking shit hahahahaha.
It says, "When I purchase a magazine at a store and hand cash to the clerk, there is no need to know who I am". YES THERE FUCKING WELL IS !!!! If you are buying certain magazines intended for adults or if you are buying products with age restrictions then the cashier is fully entitled to ask for ID

>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html
what fucking stupid idiot wrote that? It's like reading some 14 year old school kids death angst poem LOL. We are the rats the zombies in the murky lagoon of life ahahahahahaha

>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html
Wuhahahahahahahaha is this for real?

Wait a minute is this thread a troll thread hahahaha Oh no, have I just been trolled?

Attached: loonypen_3083087k.jpg (858x536, 115K)

oh you forgot cisco.
The list is the exact same list that was compiled showing how the US intelligence agencies forced those router manufacturers to allow them to backdoor the routers. They arent viruses, those are the CIA and NSA back doors that have been discovered

whats a non botnet dns?

None, roll your own. I like the dnscrypt servers and the opennic servers, although they don't validate dnssec so I don't use them

>They arent viruses, those are the CIA and NSA back doors that have been discovered
This.

Attached: NSA_IRATEMONK.jpg (800x1035, 161K)

Well, the author, Eric Hughes, seems to have disappeared from the face of the Earth. And did we really ever know who he was?

Report /hmg/, don't reply.

Im not familiar with this topic. If you go to dnscrypt.info/public-servers/, it shows some are compatible with dnssec (i think.. the ones with the lock).

The thread comment will be updated without the Greenwald video in the future. I'll replace it with this documentary: youtube.com/watch?v=hRwU9zJcT60

can we get rid of the manifestos

Why does that guy have tits

Bodily possession.

It's a hacked android.

>guy

using hooktube for future threads.

daily reminder to boycott google when practical.

=== /cyb/ News:
Some entertainment news:
>How Channel 4's Humans was 'relevant in advance'
bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41920075
>For a TV show set in a parallel present where people own domesticated robots known as synths - Humans is surprisingly realistic.

This topic tend to bring up interesting discussions, especially about sex bots, and very much so from "gender studies" groups.

Why? Even better why not add Pixiefuel's manifesto?

Ah yes, the intensity of you young...

Here is a collection of megastructures that are more Earth bound: darkroastedblend.com/2011/08/futuristic-urban-mega-structures-update.html

>bbc dot com
post stuff from places like here instead: futurism.com,
thehackernews.com,
news.ycombinator.com.

Nice. :)

VPNFilter...what a crappy name for an APT campaign. Why not SmokeSniper or RazorSnake?

death to the b_B_c

What's the purpose of this "general"? Larping?

what's a good book/resource to learn how bitorrent and dht works?

>>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
Why do millennials pasta that xkcd meme each time password strength is at hand? Have millennials never heard of dictionary attacks?

>What's the purpose of cybersecurity?
Not being the next John Lang.
youtube.com/watch?v=tVwlmTIJuEM

Attached: questions.jpg (353x332, 17K)

I recently got recommended a declassified document about router security from the nsa. There's an email there, that says question should be directed at it, and since the document is from 2003 I was considering asking them. Is this a good idea? Where else can I find a more up to date version? I'm pretty sure a lot has changed in the last 15 years.

dictionary attacks dont work when you string together 5+ words

>router security
>from 2003
>Is this a good idea?

I wrote a short story when I was 10, and I use the sentences in it as passwords. Nobody can understand how I can remember 30 char passwords.
Either that or I just use meme shit, like G1bethepussypleaseb0ss
Or add a nigger in there, to scare of the normie hackers.

I'm being serious. Usually people will help you, if you're trying to learn stuff. Some other user in sqt directed me to wikileaks, but I couldn't find any recent documents.

Or just use password padding.

Password is a weak password.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-!Password!=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- is not a weak password.

USAF Cybersecurity boi here.

The contact from 2003 is probably not there anymore. That's 15 years to be in the same job.
If you are interested in router security, check out the DISA STIGs.

iase.disa.mil/stigs/pages/a-z.aspx

Link an article about password strength or write your own if you want to replace that god awful xkcd meme.
Also, what if you use 10+ words? I think that is strong enough to resist a dictionary attack.

If you block googlevideo.com and ytimg.com, Hooktube doesn't work. What does that mean?

Also, why is security so hard? I feel like security is often lacking everywhere and it takes a lot of effort to fix it if it even can be fixed. Why can't companies and organizations be competent and make security easy?

>Why can't companies and organizations be competent and make security easy?
It costs money. As plain as that.

Those are just requirements though, right? Not an actual guide, as in, how to set up a secured network in detail. That's more what I'm searching for.

dandylife.net/docs/BitTorrent-Protocol.pdf

Yeah they're requirements, but they're pretty detailed.
Like the Cisco router one will tell you what services to disable and give you all the best practices as to how to filter traffic, etc.

You're not going to find a step-by-step guide since every network is different.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1527206877120.webm

Errr.... no. Security is hard in general. Since it relies on Humans and Humans are fallible. You can throw as much money at something as you want and there's still the possibility of bugs, flaws or something easily overlooked. Of course, it's not impossible to implement security correctly and in the tightest way possible as long as you take it into consideration from the beginning and work towards that. For example, there's bad implementations of encryption/authentication and there's good implementations. But even if you design the best possible implementation you can, there might be a future vulnerability as yet undiscovered because of some unforeseen consequences. Not to mention there's a constant cat and mouse arms race between the "good" and "bad" guys.

It's just tricky to be flawless every time forever. Money isn't the problem (at least 100%).

Because security is made of trade offs, mainly regarding ease of use and simplicity. It's not just about money, that's the easy part, specially for big organizations. Security is a process; it's not just about "hey encrypt this HD and turn on this VPN and you're safe". Grugq has written extensively about this in the past. Time, observation and practice will tell you that he's correct.

From war comes innovation. Embrace the cyberwar.

I'm currently away from my pc, but could you post a picture of it? Does it just tell you what to disable, or does it give you commands as well, as in, what you have to enter to disable it. I can't check, but I think the above link is for more experienced users, which I am not.

Attached: MV5BMTc0OTQ3MDE5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDI4MTc4Mw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,655,1000_AL_.jpg (655x1000, 91K)

itgoodtoknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Capture-20.png

It tells you what the vuln is, what to look for, and what to configure to remediate it.
For example on the router one it would be like:

CAT II: SSH 1 is enabled
Description: SSH 1 is able to be broken, as the.... etc etc
Fix Text: Make sure "ip ssh 2" is enabled and SSH 1 is not enabled

Alright, I'll check it out, thanks.

>More than half a million routers and storage devices in dozens of countries have been infected with a piece of highly sophisticated IoT botnet malware, likely designed by Russia-baked state-sponsored group.
>Russia-baked state-sponsored group
>baked

Feel free to add things you too. We are 2 or 3 that post news but the more the merrier.

>Hooktube
Shit I didn't know that existed until now. Awesome stuff.

=== /sec/ News
The /sec/ FAQ mentions job opportunities in the UK, and opportunity knocks once more:
>MI6 airs TV ads to recruit more women and ethnic minorities
bbc.com/news/uk-44240158
>Britain's secret service will air its first recruitment advert on national TV later in a bid to encourage more women and ethnic minorities to join MI6.

However:
>The poisoning of a Russian ex-spy and his daughter in Salisbury resulted in a surge of applications, officials say.
If that is the case, why use money on a recruitment campaign? Too many from "the two universities?"

Cross thread /sec/ note:

LWN (now?) has a security index:
lwn.net/Security/Index/

=== /sec/ News
Alexa continues to spook people
>Amazon Alexa 'heard and sent private chat'
Again
bbc.com/news/technology-44248122
>A couple in Portland, Oregon joked that their Amazon Alexa might be listening in to their private conversations.
>The joke came to an abrupt end when they discovered a conversation was indeed recorded by Alexa - and then sent to an apparently random person in their contact list.

BBC is rather dry in the comments but notes Alexa is less creeptastic than before
bbc.com/news/technology-43325230
>Another wrote: "Lying in bed about to fall asleep when Alexa on my Amazon Echo Dot lets out a very loud and creepy laugh... there’s a good chance I get murdered tonight.”

>The use of voice assistants in the home is often met with caution due to their nature - voice commands are recorded and sent to the cloud for processing, a system that stokes a fear of eavesdropping, unintended or otherwise.
Yet people still continue with Alexa. And FB.
>Incidents like this, where an assistant seems to rebel against its owner, naturally further this concern. That said, most users on social media have reacted with humour, drawing parallels with HAL 9000 from the 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Emergency bump

Thanks. A quiet day in here.
Cross thread notice: This is the /ham/ general which has many common interests with /cyb/ and with a Radio FAQ that was built on top of the Radio paste made here.

Whoo, just in time for the weekend.
But then again I'm on a backlog of last weekends projects...

ASSOCIATED WITH THE 1ST STAGE

photobucket[.]com/user/nikkireed11/library
photobucket[.]com/user/kmila302/library
photobucket[.]com/user/lisabraun87/library
photobucket[.]com/user/eva_green1/library
photobucket[.]com/user/monicabelci4/library
photobucket[.]com/user/katyperry45/library
photobucket[.]com/user/saragray1/library
photobucket[.]com/user/millerfred/library
photobucket[.]com/user/jeniferaniston1/library
photobucket[.]com/user/amandaseyfried1/library
photobucket[.]com/user/suwe8/library
photobucket[.]com/user/bob7301/library
toknowall[.]com

^List of known C2 domains related to VPNFilter. Proof that apt28 browses /tv/

blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/05/VPNFilter.html

>>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html
yeah, that one is really, really bad.

>projects
Do tell, please.

This one isopen for /sec/ issues:
>America is losing the battle against robocalls
economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/05/23/america-is-losing-the-battle-against-robocalls?fsrc=scn/li/te/bl/ed/americaislosingthebattleagainstrobocallsdailychart
>Fraudsters persist regardless of the consequences

Billions of robocalls are going, fraud is massive. Sounds like the ad business, right?

I'm that kind of person that starts things but never finishes them.
my most recent one is modifying a R/C glider model to take up additional electronics aka airboure wardriving.
Multirotors don't cut it here because the flight time is crap.
Next one on the list is a webapp I started to develop because I couldn't find anything like what I needed. Simplified, map with POI's / attached notes / mindmap.
Next would be some chinese security cam I tried to debotnet. IIRC, I had issues flashing the modified firmware. In theory, I have everything I'd need for hardware flashing in some drawer but no idea on how to use it - which applies to most of the stuff I have.

I figured I should maybe start off with smaller projects. So the plan for this WE was installing memedragon and some kind of backchannel on some old phone and "forgetting" it at a promo event next week

Attached: 79e24c39b408c.jpg (1500x800, 326K)

>The thread comment will be updated without the Greenwald video
Any valid reason?

I'd be down for that desu..
Thought exchange would be very nice while doing CTF's

>I'm that kind of person that starts things but never finishes them.
I can relate to this.
>airboure wardriving
Nice. Raspi0W would do that great, except you should derive from the power supply, otherwise additional batteries would make it too heavy. Tried this on a parrot with a raspi 2 + dongle + powerbank. Was totally unstable.
>Simplified, map with POI's / attached notes / mindmap
OSM or offline maps... r-right ?
>chinese security cam I tried to debotnet
Fuckin pain in the ass. I ended up sinkholing the cameras or just using raspi+usb webcam. Playing with firmwares is fun, but sometimes you just need to nuke everything and start from scratch ( t. edimax """security cam"""owner ).

Keep us updated user, godspeed.

There is an IRC channel on rizon we could use called #nfo, with time interested parties can meet or find another way. Maybe outerheaven becomes real, who knows.

>Raspi0W would do that great
I'll try that one too, since I've got one lying around. First I'll go for a small mobile since it has about the weight I need I need to place at the tip - the plane was intended to house a gopro. 5V for the raspberry wouldn't be an issue since I've already got a BEC for the FPV cam.
>Tried this on a parrot with a raspi 2 + dongle + powerbank
I'm surprised you even got that to lift off, isn't the parrot more in the toy sector?
>OSM or offline maps... r-right ?
of course. In my region OSM even has better map data than gmaps. And if I need aerial shots, I can take them myself.

it still amazes me that people willingly install a massive microphone into their homes but will put tape over their webcam.

>modifying a R/C glider model
You might want to look up Qualcomm's offerings in this field, that could help you with some of the heavy lifting (no pun):
>General stuff
qualcomm.com/solutions/internet-of-things/consumer-electronics/drones-and-robots
>Hardware platforms
developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/qualcomm-flight
>Forums - Dragon Drone Development Kit
developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdn-forums/hardware/snapdragon-flight/34688

=== /cyb/ News
We are getting closer to jacking into our cyberdecks:
>Scientists develop 'mind-reading' algorithm
bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44163989/scientists-develop-mind-reading-algorithm
>Researchers are using data from recorded brain activity and software algorithms to generate images reconstructed from a person's memory.

... and at the same time share all their secrets with Google and Apple and Amazon and Facebook and...
Will the insanity never end?

We are also getting closer to get mind fucked.

Attached: mind fucked by technology.jpg (1920x813, 142K)

What are some fun /cyb/ hobbies?

Tinkering with electronics, for what I heard /diy/ is the preferred place for /cyb/ hobbies.

He's a warmongering liar.

t. NSA

t, Hasbara

twitter.com/humanguardians/status/991195542523863040

Attached: green-strike.png (628x400, 60K)

Ok but the video from Greenwald needs an alternative if you are going to remove it, idk maybe Mikko Hypponen at TED or something.

>trusting a literal jewish faggot.

Is the hate on Greenwald justified or this is an elaborate ruse like with the guy working on Tor?

Well greenwald is a douche but usually he's a douche for goodguys? But he's not that smart so maybe he's just bullshitting.