So it seems youtube is trying to change subscription feed to make it easier to watch videos you "want" to watch

So it seems youtube is trying to change subscription feed to make it easier to watch videos you "want" to watch.

Why aren't you making your own feed yet, Jow Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-24_11-03-49.png (638x578, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/funmaker/rust-notifier/blob/master/src/providers/youtube.rs
danielmiessler.com/blog/rss-feed-youtube-channel/
youtube.com/feed/subscriptions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But I am.

Nice. What technology are you using?

I've made one in Rust as part of unified notification server. I didn't expected it to be so easy to write, but serde does all the magic for me. It needs some better error handling though.
github.com/funmaker/rust-notifier/blob/master/src/providers/youtube.rs

>logging in yt
plebs
use rss

Youtube removed RSS feeds years ago.

so how am i still getting them

Ah, sorry, you are right.
They didn't removed RSS feeds for channels, just for combined subscriptions.

Well being logged in is handy, it's much easier to just click sub/unsub button, instead of configuring RSS reader.

you can still get them
danielmiessler.com/blog/rss-feed-youtube-channel/

Same thing with Facebook, I use that shit exclusively for buying and selling stuff, and it insists on showing me first the most "relevant" products which makes no fucking sense, I want to be the first one to see a good deal, I don't give a fuck how many people "liked" some crap
The worst part is there is an option to switch between "most relevant" and "most recent", but it automatically reverts to the former as soon as you leave the page. Fucking idiotic.

Yeah, I still have RSS feeds set up. Works fine. Your best bet is using youtube-dl or other capable video player to avoid the website like the plague.

Who the fuck says sorry on Jow Forums

Sorry, it was me.

Attached: 1451082241329.jpg (200x200, 24K)

youtube.com/feed/subscriptions

Just go to this page and it will show the subs in right order

That's the page they're working on changing dumbass. Can you read?

But I don't notice change

How new are you? They never roll changes to everyone at once. They make different changes for different geographies, see which gives most clicks/adbucks.

Who would even log into google ever? I don't understand that meme.

>Be company
>Have data
>Try to use data to make user experience better
>People get angry because they don't understand data
every time.

>don't understand why people are getting angry
>finding it difficult to read other's emotions is a sign of autism
>every time

>Be company
>Have data
>Try to use data to make user experience better
>User experience becomes worse, people don't want this unnecessary change
>Wow, why are you angry?
Every time

>Being afraid of change is a really strong sign of autism
Every fucking time

>be company
>offer service
>continuously adjust service to promote the content that they deem to be more marketable
>users trying to access the content they want to see
>"out of all the things you want to see, you should watch this!"
>user gets pissed off
ad infinitum

I'm going to shove a pike through your ass. You can't be afraid of this change, unless you're autistic ;)

Being overly sensitive to pain is a sign of autism as well so of course I'm not afraid

>be company
>mess around with basic formula too much
>users migrate to other platforms

i don't see a problem

Actually having no sensation of pain is a literal sign of autism. See: all the youtube videos of autists banging their heads against the walls. Congratulations, you're autistic!

Few months ago youtube made a change where they don't spam you with push notifications anymore, you only get push notifications if you enable them manually by clicking the bell. People were angry as FUCK because they didn't understand the DATA. Youtube said that like 90% of the notifications were just dismissed so they changed it.
Now people are angry again because they don't understand the DATA.

who cares? people with youtube accounts are degenerate anyway

This is a subscription feed, faggot. When I pull up my page, nothing frustrates me more than seeing something recent all the way at the bottom of the page, but something from a week ago at the top.

>of course I'm not afraid
Imagine being this much of a faggot.
Thank god I'm autistic.

>4chins is contrarian as always

Any alternatives to YouTube?

Who said that they're going to show you week old videos you dumb nigger? At most they're just going to shuffle up the uploads from 24 hours so you actually watch the older ones. I wouldn't be surprised if this only affects people who have subscribed to hundreds of channels. If you're subbed to 10 channels then you probably won't even notice anything.

Cool. Why don't you tell me what is good about this?

I don't care if they want to make more personalized feeds.
All what I want is chronological feed of all videos of all people I subscribe. This is a feature they want to REMOVE. Muh data is not a justification for removing feature I want to use.

>to watch videos you "want" to watch
But, the channels I subscribe to are those I WANT to watch. Why?

The british

Get fucked then you dumb minority.

And you will see those channels. Please learn to read you faggot. They aren't adding or removing videos from your subscription feed, they're just not showing them in chronological order because people don't watch older videos if they miss them.

I do watch older videos if I miss them. I often make it an event to go through my subscriptions

Nah, I made my own feed long time ago.

Literally nothing. I'm talking about anons who are defending this change.

Glad I can still use the old YouTube layout. All my plugins are deprecated and its trash anyways.

>MUH SHEEN LURNIN

You can still get them for the combined subscriptions

Niceposters, user. Give it a try

>using youtube while logged in
>what are bookmarks
>not using hooktube
dude kill yourself

mine shows me videos from months ago

Just copy-paste the URL of youtube channel in feedly or other RSS reader