How to get into IT? Where do you start?

How to get into IT? Where do you start?

Attached: 061-D7Fg6nB.png (1000x815, 676K)

Send a résumé to all the IT companies you can find and see what happens

Attached: 1518655597534.jpg (468x1083, 75K)

why would I send a resume to IT companies with no IT experience

1. Apply for a job
2. If you're not hopelessly incompetent, get the job

well done! You've now gotten into IT! Enjoy your sanity-sapping job where you realise just how tech illiterate 99% of even people in IT are.

Just do it, faggot.

You practice crawling in cramped shit while carrying cables.

Stop being a neet

that's how IT works

>why would i send my resume to mcdonalds with no fast food experience

boy i wonder user

real nigga hours
why yall in IT fat as fuck?

I did send my resume but got almost no replies

What skills do you have? Play them up.
It's the same as any industry, just with more autism.

>why yall in IT fat as fuck?
Honestly, I have no fucking clue why this is a thing. Albeit this being entirely anecdotal, all IT jobs I've had came with a gym subscription. I haven't seen a fat person (bar one land whale) in any of my offices.

I don't really have any valuable skills, I just know more than the average normie, I just wanna learn and I don't know where to start.
Should I just get certifications? I guess just certs without any real experience isn't really much at all.

Just read the sticky, dude. The info you want is there.
Also why is this not in the SQT?

you've given a massively vague aim
*WHAT* do you want to do?
Do you want to be a programmer? Learn to program and make some stuff and put it on github or some shit.
Want to do security? Go research that and try to make it a hobby.

>I just know more than the average normie
You're "technologically literate"
>I just wanna learn
You're a "keen learner".
Start from there.

Start off with getting baby easy mode certs like MTA shit, get some of the Office certs like Word and shit and finally round that shit off with the CompTIA A+ if you want just IT, get Network+ and Security+ if you want anything that'll pay more than peanuts. There you got certs and the CompTIA ones are damn fine since they're industry standard anyway.

Please don't hit her

>MTA
This allows you to at least say to your boss I know what a computer and network is thanks.
>Office
This makes you look like you can actually hold a normal job there plus you get easy bonus points for actually knowing how word works and saving some other employees or even your boss' ass
>CompTIA
Like I said industry standard internationally recognized etc etc
Let me break them down

>A+
This your entry level industry cert. 901 goes over the basics of a computer internals and printer shit basically IT 101. 902 goes into the OS so you'll actually be able to fix shit. Pretty brain dead too if you ever spent a minute in CMD you passed.

>Network+
This is the networking industry standard. If you've spent any decent amount of time learning your ports, network standards, APs, etc you should easily pass this with the required score. Study a bit beforehand and you'll do even better,

>Security+
This one actually has meat to it and is reasonably difficult. Security industry standard take this and you're good for pretty much everything but databases and even then that can just be work experience from doing security shit.

IT is a big field. What do you want to do?

fucking this

Never mind boiz I just got a Help Desk job

this

>all this for IT job
you are literally a tech janitor, aside from cable management just know how to troubleshoot Windows and laser printers