Coffee

is there a good coffee maker that doesn't use these overpriced pods or equivalent?

Attached: Tassimo capsules.jpg (644x362, 46K)

Just buy a reusable pod that you fill with your own coffee

coffee not ink bro

If you don't want to use reusable pods either, you can allways buy roasted coffee and use it on a expresso machine like this

Attached: RI9376_01-IMS-nl_NL.png (494x435, 166K)

>drinking coffee

don't use a coffeemaker, brainlet

Attached: lamar1.png (631x908, 368K)

Obviously? Good grinder (vario for example) & espresso maker (anything from a rancilio silvia to rocket).

Or a combined machine if you must be cheap. DeLonghi ECAM maybe, or saeco.

Attached: 556ebce784f1d45bb7c7e94f038f1d28.jpg (800x800, 249K)

Chemex makes a good cup once you've got solid technique. albeit it's a bit more involved of a process. After I took apart my family's old electric drip coffee maker I do not trust anything enclosed. WAY too much mildew accumulates.

how much would I be looking at, including buying coffee? (in britbongs)

Vietnamese coffee filters, bro. Like 5€.

Attached: img_7972-12[1].jpg (683x1024, 78K)

>no one proposing superior italian moka coffee

baka

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-24 16-54-59.png (1816x747, 293K)

>not drinking ink

How would we know the prices for your britbong preferred coffee better than you do?

Home espresso machines are a bunch of hundred dollars to under a handful of thousand dollars, nothing serious.

stove top espresso maker
cheap, easy to use, makes great espresso
if you don't like espresso you probably don't like black coffee
if you don't like black coffee spend 30 days just drinking it black and you'll never go back

Attached: aluminum-stovetop-espresso-coffee-maker-6cup[1].png (1000x1000, 148K)

>drinking coffee at all
Why is this meme so prevalent?
No, for real, drinking coffee makes me sleepy instead of whatever it is supposed to be doing

Patrician coffee coming through.

Attached: ?$web_product_hero$&160819165312&wid=625&hei=625.jpg (625x625, 56K)

>drinking coffee makes me sleepy instead of whatever it is supposed to be doing
Do you get adequate sleep at night?

> not just boiling water and coffee grinds for like 5 minutes the filtering the large chunks out
Nu Jow Forums wouldn't survive in a power outage

Drinking coffee quickens the wake up process and naked you alert
If you're sleepy that means your body is physically exhausted. Take vitamins and a nap

Makes*
Fucking phone

Well, shit. I can't go to sleep before 1 am no matter how exhausted I was before.
I get sleepy around 7 pm, for around 30 minutes, and then, wide awake.

French press best press.

Attached: 1507562084689.png (1000x912, 236K)

If you aren't buying whole bean coffee, grinding it yourself, and brewing it in a french press, you aren't even trying.

This is my life and I hate it. If I can't get to bed when the first tiredness hits, my body starts pumping adrenaline of something and I can't get to sleep for hours.

These are not Espresso makers and do not make Espresso.

They are Moka pots that make Moka. The pressure (2 bar or so) is insufficient to make it Espresso (which is brewed at 9+ bar).

Of course it's still coffee, but if you want Espresso you need a machine that has more pressure.

ya'll are gonna call me nuts, but there is no better coffee in this world that is better than cowboy coffee. It's how cowboys and gauchos drank coffee on the range and it's like getting a shot of meth in the rump.

boil a bot on the fire. Put your grounds in a bandana. Take it off boil and steep the bandana. It's ok if some grounds fall through that grit keeps you going.

you don't need a fancy machine just hot water and cloth to steep with. All that matters is the beans.

So... boiling water drip coffee with a cloth sieve that takes out most of the coffee oils.

It's okay, but I certainly don't prefer it to Espresso or Turkish coffee.

That is likely caused by the blue light from your screens. Go download programs like F.lux, twilight, and redshift on all your devices and set them up the same.
It will take a few days to get used to all your screens turning orange at night, but it is worth it because you will be able to easily fall asleep at decent times.

We are programmed to wake up when we see blue light (ie the sky) but screens put off an obscene amount of blue light so while you are sitting in bed staring at your phone or whatever, it is actually making it harder to fall asleep.

/thread
french press is cheap, easy and makes good coffee. avoid paper/cloth filters, metal filters are the way to go as they can just be rinsed out instead of washed

>that doesn't use these overpriced pods or equivalent?
every coffee maker there is? never even seen those. get a french press retard.

>reddit humour on Jow Forums

Attached: DbrACS5XcAA_y3r.jpg (1080x793, 111K)

Aeropress for $20

While that might explain it, I have been like this since I was a kid, when there was nothing like phones, and had no computer. 2 to 3 hours of rolling in bed.
Also, I installed flux on my both computers. No dice yet.

Have you tried melatonin?

drinking one atm as well. i take a lil sugar in mine, but thats about it. Drip stuff and instant usually entails creamer for me, but french press is nice as is, usually, with just a lil sugar to taste.

Try out a French press they make pretty good coffee

I'm not a faggot so i don't drink coffee, i buy expensive organic coffee beans roasted within a month (so they still drip with oils) and i chew that shit like a man.

Attached: 1525930498774.png (220x281, 82K)

.50 cents a pod is too much for you?

if youre not grinding your own coffee beans youre literally retarded

these things including the brewing machines are dirt cheap

Attached: coffee-pods-coffee-pads-coffee-cartige-by-de-brewerz-500x500.jpg (500x500, 22K)

If you're a smart consumer, you can usually find them for around 30 cents or slightly less. I don't get the "kcups r expensive" meme.

Just get a super automatic like pic related. You put in whole beans and water, empty the grounds once it twice a week, and run a cleaning cycle every few months.

You can spend over a grand on one easily, but there are also $300 and $500 options.

Attached: ECAM-22110SB-left.jpg (1440x1080, 68K)

The point is they are more expensive, produce more garbage, and most importantly are inferior to grinding your own half-decent beans.

Only if you cold brew. Anything else is inferior and we need to stop tolerating it.

kek lmao cringe hahaha shrek

it's wasteful and inefficient, as well as it cna make up a large part of one's weekly waste. It's been found more and more that k-cups are making up a considerable portion of waste in the last few years. much easier to brew with a reusable k-cup filter, buy a drip perker, moka kettle, or french press, and many times cheaper!

Only correct answer

entry level coffee shit list. pick one from each category

>grinder. ascending price
hario skerton, hario mini mill, or other hand burr grinder. if you're planning on a moka pot, ibrik (turkish coffee), or espresso, don't get a hand grinder.
baratza encore
baratza virtuoso

>kettle (make sure it either has a thermometer or thermostat). ascending price
stovetop kettle
electric kettle
gooseneck kettle

>brewer
>>drip brew options
hario v60
kalita wave
chemex
>> other options
french press
aeropress
moka pot (you can skip buying a grinder if you're cheap)
ibrik/cevze (same as above)

>scale
any scale with gram or less resolution. check /csg/

>coffee
whole beans, as recently roasted as you can. stuff in the store should have a roast date stamped on it. avoid the "supermarket" brands, ie folgers, dunkin donuts, starbucks, caribou, etc.
for purchasing coffee online, hipsters meme about intelligentsia, stumptown, and other shit. i like happy mug

so buy some shit and google how to use it or ask me or something. for like 70 bucks you can get a serviceable v60 setup, and a pound of decent coffee.

i generally dont give a shit about the environment, i drive a diesel truck etc, but these coffee pods are fucking horrible waste-wise

>Caribou
as someone who grew up eating actual caribou, i was disappointed by my first cup of Caribou Coffee...

>baratza encore
>baratza virtuoso
Also worth mentioning is Bodum Bistro. Its pricetag falls just under the Encore, but it has a timer function like the Virtuoso. Works very nicely.

Attached: 10903-01euro.jpg (2008x2008, 260K)

I had one of these, even the smallest grind was still too coarse. Also gets clogged by oily beans.

Dunno about finer grinds as I don't make espresso or drip, but it's great for french press.
I haven't had any trouble with clogging personally though, but then it's not easy to get super fresh beans around here either.

This is the only non-meme post in this thread. Good advice senpai

its more expensive than coffee
or blood

>all this meme shit in this thread
here you go OP, its like $10, boils water for your nigger drink

Attached: fuckyoud.jpg (450x450, 22K)

You can literally get refillable pod. Or get a French press. Or a fucking coffee pot.

drop coffee for hot
moka coffee with milk + ice for cold

always freshly grind your beans

do you already have a coffee license?

>i think all coffee makers use pods
It's fucking summer already.

use refillable pods or make your own damn coffee

all these fancy newfangled devices still aren't shit compared to a proper pour over; you don't need a fancy pot or even a scale. just grind your shit and use a teapot. best coffee you can get without having espresso

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (500x500, 24K)

French press obviously.
It’s simple, and works well.
I had one for like 5 years before the rubber started to go, and the replacement model has silicone instead anyways.