Everyone is spamming me with shitty EU privacy legislation emails

>everyone is spamming me with shitty EU privacy legislation emails

Do normies actually believe that this is going to change anything and improve their privacy?

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (327x137, 4K)

be happy you can just ignore them, a lot of sites here make you "accept" the new rules otherwise they deactivate your account after the 25th

Yeah I keep getting them, the best has been from Overclockers, they have been spamming me since last week every day trying to get me to accept their new policy even offering a chance to win a prize to sign up, can't wait for the 25th so my account on that shit site is deactivated, I could save myself the hassle and unsubscribe now, but its fun seeing the evermore desperate attempts to claw people back.

It's such a dumb unenforceable legislation, typical dumb EU bureaucracy

Am normie.
Yes, I do.

kek. They should offer more Haribos.

>tell company you don't consent to them having your data and to delete it
>they say lol ok
>they don't and go back and using it for whatever they want as they always have

Except if they save data after saying it's deleted they will be fined ridiculous amounts of money. Setup as percentages of annual corporate profits. This is literally Europe's counter to Facebook lying about data collection. Look into the history of it. US government will pass similar shit as a result of Cambridge Analytica (not really even Facebook fault in that case). They are actively reviewing this shit. US companies are terrified of the fines and covering their asses with third party mediaries.
Also, is anyone shocked that government plan to reduce unsolicited email and data collection resulted in more emails and forcing citizens to now register/opt in for every account they have setup on the Internet since it's inception? Sounds like a pretty invasive pain in the ass.

I work in a German medium sized company and they are SCRAMBLING like crazy to get everything going into the right direction. They already shut off a bunch of email lists, deleted a lot of old data, deleted ALL contact info out of their 20+ years stored business emails, they practically hired a new guy just for setting up everything from the ground up, they are even switching to an all server-based architecture for their office data (at the moment everything goes through individual PCs, the whole place works more like a lan party which is embarassing really). Maybe its a different story for bigger firms but small and medium sized companies are positively in fear.

>he signed up for so many services that steals his data and spies on him, that his inbox is flooded due to gdpr
What the fuck are you even doing here?

>deactivate
What sites?

As a matter of fact, there was one site that sent me an email stating that they had deactivated my account because they didn't want to comply with the new regulations in my region.

Mostly people are afraid the the EU is going to assrape them because you are running a shitty obscure mailing list.

I had this from few niche public forums, they had small traffic so they decided it's better to gut them rather than comply

>Except if they save data after saying it's deleted they will be fined ridiculous amounts of money

There's no way to prove that either way

>Work in a Norwegian machine driving certification company
>Literally less than 20 employees
>New EU rules hits
>We don't store citizen number, so we don't care about that
>We don't have a mailing list, so we don't care about that
>Don't have advertisement on homepage, so we don't care about that either
>Forced by law AND regulation to store validation/trace everything we issue, so we don't need to store any personal information that isn't part of the certificate
>Everything is hosted on site, so no outsourcing in IT, so no need to retrain people or suddenly inhouse it, or restructure anything
>Need to find older certificates(any trail of events/tests/certificates), so we are basically good to go for GPDR requests by needing the search tools ourselves
>Only use we have for phone number/email is to communicate if things are missing from certificate
>Some certificates expire, so we literally ask for permission to store their registration information to send a expire warning
Should we care?
I mean: Should we?

Attached: [Aizen_intensifies]_Bleach.gif (291x386, 601K)

>Would you like to update windows?
>Remind me later
>Repeats three times in one day
>Fourth time, it literally removes the option to remind it
>Go into the settings, disable scheduling a time
>It downloads the update away
>Your update is ready but we can't install it. Reset now or in one hour. Fucking do it.
>Okay update fine
>Would you like us to record your voice?
>Would you like us to record your typing?
>Would you like us to send you personalized adverts?
>mfw
Good thing we are getting all these EULA updates, botnets? No such thing!

Attached: 1518789915747.gif (487x560, 898K)

Funny how you conveniently forgot to name it.

>Lying on the internet
Why would you do that user?

Its okay we'll give you a few more minutes to type a fact email buddy.

This.

knowing the EU, that's what they do best

GDPR includes audits bro. Lube that ass.

Unironically the best thing to happen in recent memory, all those sites ive registered on that I dont use anymore will save me thr hassle and deactivate me themselves. Same with mailing lists ive ended up on via other registrations.

Fucking finallu

whatever you, just don't kneel

Then the regulator will seize your servers to make sure