Intel on the edge

So Intel obviously doesn't have anything lined up to answer to Zen 2 which will be released later this year/early 2019. What do you think they're going to do to compensate?

Attached: intel vs amd.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ponchato
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/I literally don't give a shit. AMD could provide double the performance for half the price with better thermals and I'll still buy Intel /
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Slash prices.

Hahahah nope just kidding.

Release skylake yet again

/thread

>Slash prices
that's very anti-semitic of you, i'm going to have to call the police now

>Buy hardware from (((israeli))) companies! Not american companies! If you do, you're an antisemetic pajeet!

Well, I mean the i3-8100 is basically an i5-7500 except the price is $120 instead of $170 or whatever the 7500 used to cost.

The prices aren't *all* coming down but some of them are because Intel realized it's no longer competitive at those prices.

Really excited to see the Ryzen 2100 come out for the sub-$100 segment which Intel still owns. That'll shit on the G5400/G4560 leaving Intel with, literally, no price points where it's the leader. Which will be funny.

This and pay off some video game youtubers to play skyrim with it

Ooh I'm a youtuber, do you think they'll pay me?

Except I'm a hardware reviewer, not a vidya gamer.

I don't have a youtube account. How can I convince intel'aviv to gift me an 8400 with a 1080ti, set up a youtube account and pay for subscriptions and views so that I can shill for them?

Depends on how many subs you have. Nice dubs btw

Get a lot of views and subscribers.

A little over 20k right now

Make an account, I'll and other anons will subscribe. :^)
And name your channel "whosbehindthispost"

They hired Jim Keller, the man who made Zen.

I realized that supporting an American company is better than some jewish one. Also, fuck Intel. I'm glad that there's finally competition.

He can't make another zen. :^)

Attached: 1516715462831.jpg (601x508, 31K)

Not enough. Not even AMD will send you shit, their minimum is somewhere around 50-100k the launch day reviews I've seen are to be believed.

Link? You might get a pass if your videos don't suck.

I don't get it
Isn't intel a jewish american company?

Isn't intel based in israel?

youtube.com/user/ponchato

And yeah I contacted AMD back before the lower end Ryzen 2000 series launch (2200G/2400G) and didn't get a response. I figured I was somewhere below their minimum sub count cutoff, but I totally understand it from a business perspective.

Intel was founded as an american company. But in the past they proudly declared that Intel is an israeli company. Despite it being a multinational company, it's ceo decide to credit it's success to Israel.

Attached: 1413913323099.png (1000x1000, 162K)

He's designing a new server processor accorsing to reports, not a consumer CPU architecture

>, it's ceo decide to credit it's success to Israel.
There's good reason for that. The Haifa team were responsible for what became the Pentium M, the foundation of what led to the Core uarch. It's what saved them from the horror of Netburst.

Unfortunately, the Ryzen 2100 has no suffix (e.g., 'G'), so it probably doesn't have an iGPU. It can beat the Pentium Gold lineup and the Ryzen 3 2200G if you know you want to use a GPU - or maybe just have one gathering dust that you could still use if you wanted. Otherwise, it would depend on your use case and the price (2100 + really cheap GPU vs. Pentium or R3 2200G by itself).

What does this even mean.

>there's no such thing as american jew
Keep telling yourself that. :^)

There are. But that doesn't answer the question.

>american jews owns intel
Hmmmm... Indeed...

"American Jews"? Like, a jewish collective? Is this a country club or some cabal?
Where did you read that this group owns Intel?

>not using the jewish space magics against them

It's jewish but it's anything but based.

on the edge of suicide

Attached: 1495812218308.png (1228x1502, 944K)

I read it on Jow Forums... pls no bully...

Attached: 1515026392162.png (659x525, 205K)

They are going to license stuff from someone else, team-up with nVidia or concentrate on bulk sales, Intel has been so long in the lead it can actually let AMD to have a triumph once in a while, honestly. Probably next gen by intel will be pretty amazing.

I for one am happy that intel takes back-seat for a while. Their processors are overpriced and designwise recent ones have been pretty lazy on innovation.

add moar coares

Well they could switch back to solder and stop being such jews with their chipset changes for one.

If zen was any indication, it will trickle into consumer.

>new server processor
no hes developing SOCs for mobile or some shit, it seems like intel still wants to try and compete with qualcomm for the 3rd time

>mfw people actually think zen was designed to be a consumer arch

Attached: 1402842772694.gif (300x127, 2.16M)

IA-64
i432
i860
i960
XScale
TScale
MIC

look at all these corporate oriented architectures from Intel that totally trickled down to mainstream

Attached: 1479919678833.jpg (640x742, 108K)

Todd would be proud.

Well Intel's iGPUs are functionally useless for gaming, so it would be either 2100 + GPU or Pentium + GPU.

I fully expect the 2100 to shit all over Intel's sub-$120 lineup in terms of processing power and in the context of a budget gaming PC. Especially since it'll be overclockable whereas Intel's cheapest OC-capable CPU is like $180.

But yeah, the 2100 is definitely going to require a dedicated GPU so for absolute bare bones "just browse facebook and maybe open an excel document" PCs the Pentium will still win on cost.

Intel is the best.

break their C compiler again and falsely claim that their shit CPUs are faster than AMD's because of a benchmark that uses their gimped compiler.

Intel are such petulant jews.

I literally don't give a shit. AMD could provide double the performance for half the price with better thermals and I'll still buy Intel

8 core 14nm++ that keeps ring bus instead of going to their shitty mesh, with ddr4 3000 out of the box, 4.9ghz will be sufficient for high refresh 1080p which is all Intel has to defend.
If they use mesh for the new chips its utterly over for Intel though because of the regression in gaming performance.
Also 8 core 8 thread i5 at $250 would be a monster.

This is some good bait, I'm saving that

Attached: 1489525502712.jpg (300x360, 25K)

What do you mean by "mesh"?

Intel switched from ring bus core interconnects to a mesh for skylake x. It uses a ton of power and is worse for gaming. This is why the 8700k shits on the skylake x 6 core. I had assumed they would make all future chips with it but they did not for coffee lake.
However if they increase core count again they may use it.
Google skylake x mesh

I'm an Indian. I'm tired of all the things people say about us. I mean, which other country is hated the most? North Korea? We're probably next to North Korea. Several people called me "pajeet", "who shits on the streets" "giv bob and vegana" as soon as I told them I'm from India. I'm now afraid of telling that I'm Indian. I feel ashamed. One person said "US should nuke India" on a youtube video about India and it got hundreds of likes or upvotes. Most of the things people say only apply to poor people and uneducated. People like me in the cities probably never saw anyone shitting on streets. I honestly never saw anyone shit on streets. At least from what I know, people don't shit on "streets" but in an open area like farmlands in villages. I keep my identity hidden and don't tell anyone that I'm Indian. I'm afraid they'll treat me differently. I keep trying to avoid those comments but they are affecting me. Not directly but indirectly. For example, read any Reddit threads about, you'll see hate comments about India. Fuck this shit

Fuck you, pajeet!

Nice blog. Now go kill yourself you degenerate faggot.

You have to go back Rajesh

What is your point, though? That Intel is too stupid to make those same cost-efficiency choices as AMD? That consumer performance matters more than server performance? I don't think you have a coherent point to make.

no wonder you got jewed on performance by cheating security.

>best researchers
hardly, they haven't developed anything useful. nearly ever.
almost all cpu advances have been someone else.

>0
no he isn't
this
Jim keller is notorious for the greatest mobile chip designs ever, even more so than all of his other work.

New copypasta?

Maybe that's because all of you smelly, arrogant, wife beating pricks keep infesting countries where you don't belong?
Fun fact, I had to call the cops on the pajeet living above me yesterday after he started beating his wife.
Funner fact, that's not even fucking uncommon among you people!

>Intel Chief Engineering Officer: Murthy Renduchintala
>AMD CTO: Mark Papermaster
>AMD is the pajeet corp

Attached: all smiles.jpg (1465x1094, 172K)

hello, how are you newfriend?

>>Jim keller is notorious for the greatest mobile chip designs ever, even more so than all of his other work.
Didn't he make some shit that was largely responsible for the iPhone 4s lasting for vastly longer than it was expected to?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/I literally don't give a shit. AMD could provide double the performance for half the price with better thermals and I'll still buy Intel /

Attached: big think.png (529x502, 236K)

Fpbp

Do you guys think it will be worth upgrading from a ryzen 1700 to a 3700?

Stale as fuck.

Attached: intel wojak.png (653x726, 84K)

>cheap CPU
>gaymen
Nobody cares about gaming at that price range. What people actually want here is a budget CPU with an iGPU so they don't have to waste money on a GPU and draw more electricity and heat because of it. The 2200G is perfect for that.

Apple BTFO of them both by recently ramping up 7nm A12 CPUs destined for iPhones announced this year.

>November 2017

>“Silicon is unforgiving,” Mr. Srouji said. “My team is already working on the chips you're going to see in 2020. You make bets. We have the system and the software. We have better knowledge versus external chipmakers about where things are going to end up. Since we own the silicon, we own the software, the operating system and everything else, we deliver, always. We deliver for the exact specification of iOS and nothing else. We don't have to worry about other operating systems.” - Johny Srouji, Apple's chip man

Too bad they still can't seem to design phones around a thermal or power limit.

Refresh, do you really actually research intel news or facts? Or are you just one of those mindless sheeple attitude and what cucks tell you?

Attached: 1501568820265.png (868x756, 265K)

Is "refresh" a person or is that a command?

I think the big competitor to Pentium will be something like a 7 CU 2c/4t raven ridge.
Actually, I wonder if they can still disable a single core when there is only one CCX to make it a 3c/6t. For $70 that would be absurdly competitive for the ultra budget segment.
And as far as I know, any Ryzen CPU with less than 4 cores is going to be branded as an Athlon.

The problem is that AMDs yields are so high, and those 2c/4t will be very in demand for laptops, so we may never see them.

There is also only so cheap that they can sell a 2100 because again, yields are good and they're really 6 or 8 cores which are artificially limited. Same silicon that they could get more money for. I'm guessing $85 or something for the 2100.

No he's leading SoC.
Likely mostly charged with decreasing Intel's (very high) uncore power consumption.
AMD already has a good deal of patents on that stuff. AMD was competitive with 24nm Intel CPUs on mobile when they were stuck on a much worse 32 and 28nm process. That's why AMD's perf/watt completely destroys Intel once they were put on a similar process to what Intel was on with Zen.
But since Jim Keller designed a lot of those architecture features, he's the one who's going to know the best way to evade the patents to make something else roughly equivalent.

Huang hates intel, dude.

A verb.

>Slash prices.
Cascade Lake is MORE expensive per SKU versus Skylake for enterprise.
If I saw the slides right, it's even on a new socket for some more proprietary fabric interface connectors

he made the arch for nearly all of the iphones, he was responsible for mobile smartphones existence when it came out. from that original chip. everything based on
he's also the reason we have:
multi core cpus
memory controllers internally