My ISP won't give me a public ip, but I want to acces my ftp server from the internet

My ISP won't give me a public ip, but I want to acces my ftp server from the internet.
Can I circumvent this somehow?
I also rent a vps.

Attached: xp1n4qb[1].jpg (600x400, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=dynamic dns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Revere tunnel or wireguard it through the vps that will port forward, I guess?

Do you mean public, or static?

No ip

kek..stage of

public

will look these up thx

???

You could do a tinc mesh network. Tinc is sort of fucking magical. Shared key symmetric vpn. Idk what the difference is with it but I can hit it anywhere even through firewalls without a reverse-tunnel

Now im interested. What does whatismyip.net say?
I guess you could tunnel your ftp to your vps permanently and portforward your vps

Do this OP. I'm curious too.
Is your ISP doing Carrier Grade NAT?

thats impossible, your ISP must assign you a public IP at some point. If you're talking about a separate public IP for your FTP server, utilize NAT

Your Information
IP Address: 212.95.8.162 IPv4

Hostname: 212095008162.public.telering.at
ISP: T-Mobile Austria GmbH
Coords: Lat 48.1879 , Lon 16.4027
Local: 08:49 pm - Europe/Vienna
Browser: Firefox on Windows 10
Language: English (United States)
Referred: Page Was Accessed Directly

There is no way to access my network.
They probably block incoming connections on their side.

>IP Address: 212.95.8.162 IPv4
there you go. if you want a separate public IP for your FTP server then i can understand why they're denying it. Use NAT/PAT

Alter port Freigabe im Router, schonmal davon gehört? Auf englisch "forwarding"...

retard

lmgtfy.com/?q=dynamic dns

If your ISP is using the new jew shit they do with a single modem that assigns IPs through NAT on their side, then the best option is just to reverse tunnel to a VPS and forward it through. If they have that kind of network there is nothing you can do with forwarding because they control it.

Oh my, i got my shit up and running, how about you?

OP's ISP likely assigns a CGN IP to their router, which is only routable within one subnet of the ISP. This means multiple customers share the same public IP address. Think of a home router providing 192.168.0.0/24 addresses via DHCP. The same thing just happens upstream, except the ISP probably assigns something within 100.64.0.0/10 via DHCP. whatismyip would still return a public IP, but ports cannot be forwarded from that IP because OP's ISP is in control of the firewall.

>There is no way to access my network.
duh, because its a private network with a firewall.
what you need is a DMZ sandwiched between 2 firewalls

Maybe I live in fuckville and and everyone is blocking incoming connections to my butthole.

>Public IP
Wut? How do you not have one? Go to whatismyip.com and that's your public (WAN) IP.. then you just have to log into your router and setup port forwarding.

Lewd

>What is Carrier Grade NATing
>How do i read a thread
Get your head out of your ass user

Noip.com

I guess you are behind carrier grade NAT. same here, sucks ass

How can you post here if you dont have an IP address? Clearly your computer can communicate with other machines on the internet just fine.

>FTP
why?

> doesn't use a home server, for file hosting

Attached: 1507052385002.png (691x443, 359K)

Who are you serving files to? If it’s just yourself, use SFTP instead

are you retarded? you have a public ip already

>how the fuck do I read a thread

>posting your ip on 4chains
your dead kiddo

Attached: hacking in progress.png (720x535, 502K)

you're fucking retarded

my god im not op but you're retarded, go back to 9gag

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

Why would they do that?
Any benefits?
And why not just switch to IPv6?

Like he said, it's not his ip. You'll just be DDOSing his ISP and good luck with that.

With carrier grade NAT you can use UPnP to punch through and set up DDNS to make it easily found.

That said 212095008162.public.telering.at doesn't sound like a hostname for a carrier grade NAT server and OP does sound like he needs to learn how to port forward.

shit, i already started the traceroute

Attached: hacker.webm (624x352, 280K)

>didn’t read the thread
>no YOURE retarded

:^) good one, got me

It’s cheaper, they don’t have to pay for a large address space required for giving everyone a public IP with their own modem. College dorms do it a lot so they have one IP for a whole building and then NAT everyone behind it to save money. Aka just being jewish.

Pretty much any medium business/university does this, however the weird thing is an ISP doing it in households that have nothing to do with eachother.

Is it possible that the ISP OP is using only purchased a small amount of IPv4 addresses and this is their way to get the max amount of customers?

I don't see how it's cheaper than IPv6.

Isn't there a lot of overhead to route everything correctly?

Not sure. Maybe they just don’t wanna fuck with learning ipv6 or something

Yeah it might be, I'm far from a networking expert but I haven't seen that in any ISP from my country (also EU)

Is this true? isp literally dont know what I download? (Unless they specifically target me?)

Attached: nat wiki.png (2557x125, 19K)

Yes, as IP datagrams will only contain source/ip fields, however if whats inside the inner layers is not encrypted they could sniff the contents of that (so they would know "what" you download, but not "who")

*source ip/dest ip header fields

I don't see why they can't log their private network.

I think the meant to write "makes record keeping BY law enforcement impossible" (ie: without cooperation from the ISP)

So is it basically because there is only one public ip for many customers, they cannot track down who downloaded what if they were not monitoring at the time of download?

Jesus Christ, this is a new level of fuckery. Just fucking give me a IPV6 address instead of pulling this shit.

Attached: 1485029316663.png (943x703, 626K)

Moreless, here is a copypasta from a paper on CGNAT:

Previously, if requested [by authorities], all they would need to supply would be the IPv4 address of the client at a specific time. With CGNs in the traffic path, they will need to record the IPv4 address and port number at an accurate time. Since they do not know which clients are behind CGNs, they will have to log this information for all their traffic.

Accurate timing will be critical for both the ISP and the application providers. If there are timing mismatches then a different ISP subscriber could be using the IPv4 address than the one who needs to be traced. It is conceivable that innocent parties could be blamed for acts they have not carried out.

Reverse SSH tunnel from the FTP server to the VPS. Or, use any allowed VPN client on your server and host a VPN server on your VPS.

Sounds like this middle-european IPv6-only with IPv4 through a tunnel -shit.

You should have a real v6 address though. I had it when I was forced to use that M-net crap in Germany.

>If there are timing mismatches then a different ISP subscriber could be using the IPv4 address than the one who needs to be traced
Give your clients static private IPs, problem solved.

ngrok

You're welcome.

I did it guyse thanks (used reverse ssh tunnel).

that has efficiency and scalability problems for big networks

Irgendein Provider den man kennt, damit ich den vermeiden kann?

telering

What the fuck kind of ass backwards shitty ISP does that? Also, how do we know that's even the case? How do we know OP just isn't retarded and hasn't tried port forwarding or checking the modem settings to make sure the default isn't some overly restrictive security? I live in the middle of fucking nowhere and my local "ISP" is really just doing what some cell carriers do such as virgin, etc where they use a major carrier's shit to provide service, and even with this shitty half assed ISP I still have the ability to use any ports I want and use dynamic dns for my tld to point it to my WAN IP. If my garbage ISP doe allows that and OP's doesn't, then they must live in fucking North Corea or some shit.

T-Mobile does the same thing in the US. CGNAT that rotates about every 15 minutes for IPv4, a /128 IPv6. Gookmoot ended up range banning most of T-Mobile since bans were impossible to enforce.

So fucking dumb. I can’t even post half the time on my phone via T-Mobile because of this fucking gook. I’ll type up a whole paragraph trying to help someone out and I’ll just waste my time because I got an IP that’s banned.

Fuck hiroshima

Hey auch ein Österreicher hier ^^
Kannst Nen Tunnel(reverse) erstellen mit deinem vps oder dich von deinem Anbieter trennen

Ahh, that explains why I'm randomly rangebanned on DNA in Finland. It only happens infrequently though.

Passes bypass rangebans.

I just don’t wanna pay to get around the faggot’s unnecessary rangeban of an entire mobile provider.

DDNS,
Even routers that isps give out usually come with the option to set this up.

>don’t have a public IP capable of accepting incoming ports that aren’t UPnP
>think DDNS will do jack shit

Read the thread.

Thank the fucking christ my ISP gives me a static IP. So no DDNS required. Just a simple port forwarding work in my router settings and I'm golden. Can just do: FTP://xxx.63.65.xx or HTTPs://xxx.64.65.xx or HTTP://yyy.xx.65.43:20x56 depending on service running on my server I'm wanting to access. All 3 services are password protected and the account used is very limited in ability so even if some fool did "hack" me, they could do nothing destructive.