GNU/Linux is better for 90% of users. Here's why:

GNU/Linux is better for 90% of users. Here's why:

>Free as in beer
>Way less viruses than Windows to the extent you don't even need an AV
>Minimalist systems (depending on choice of distro but even the heavier distros are still less bloated than Windows)
>Runs better on weaker hardware
>Most hardware has drivers built-in to the kernel so works ootb
>Package managers make software installation and updating easy even through a front-end like Synaptic
>More frequent security updates
>Shit like printers are ridiculously simple to set up with some DEs having tools built-in that will automatically detect your printer, suggest recommended drivers for that printer, download, install and test them without once leaving the system menu. On Windows you need to navigate to the OEM's support website, download the driver package and install it yourself, or use the CD provided instead of going to the website.
>LibreOffice and Google Docs serve 90% of people's office needs, most people only think they need MS Office when they don't even use any of it's exclusive features
>Most popular software is natively available (Chrome, Firefox, Skype, Spotify, Steam, etc.)

The only people who would ever have a bad time using GNU/Linux are:
>PC gamers (although this is rapidly changing)
>People who use art/CAD tools
>People who own iOS devices

And that is it. If you don't fall into one of the above three categories, you have zero excuse not to run a GNU/Linux distro as your only OS.

Attached: 8i34m1l3a7901.jpg (2560x1707, 548K)

I switched to Linux Mint but you faggots still aren't happy and make fun of me for not running some needlessly complicated system like arch or Gentoo.

I've used windows my whole life. I don't like what new windows is doing. Mint seems to fit my needs and I will continue to use it as I have no compatibility issues with any of my hardware.

>Runs better on weaker hardware
You can run Win10 on old hardware with no issues.
>printing is easier with GNU/Linux
Are you serious?
CUPS is a nightmare to setup.
>LibreOffice
Well, sadly MS office is a requirement in most corporation.

>CUPS is a nightmare to setup.
Literally 5 click for hp printers.
>but but but
buy a printer that respects freedoms and has good drivers for cups
>BUT B-
Cups is developed by Apple nigger. GOT IT? APPLE. Mac toddlers can print you mean you can't? Holy shit.

>Literally 5 click for hp printers.
Check again.
>printer that respects freedoms and has good drivers for cups
Like?
>Cups is developed by Apple
That's why it works well with apple products, no company -hardware wise- care about GNU/Linux

>The only people who would ever have a bad time using GNU/Linux are:
People that can't/don't want to change.
Reminder that most people go by the old addage: not broken, don't fix it.

>>Free as in beer

What does this mean exactly

Linux users pirate their beer.

Graphics drivers are absolute ass. Even if games/3d software come out for linux it's gonna suck dick. Also screen tearing. Checkmate atheists

Holy shit finally an OP that is not a faggot.
A rarity these days.

The problem is that Windows *is* broken, they just don't know it.

Drivers for printers, wifi and sound would go a long way for adoption.

>PC gamers (although this is rapidly changing)

I have an Ubantoo/Windows dualboot, and have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of games with Linux support. The situation has dramatically improved in the last 2 years.

That said, as majority of games still do not have Linux ports, I'm posting from Windows now while waiting for my friends to finish the round in PUBG.

No, they don't care enough to know it/figure it out.
And that's the difference between the casual users and everyone else.
The casual user simply doesn't give a fuck, as long as it works. If you push another OS down their throat, they will need to learn this all over again. And until then they will deem it as not working.
So they stick to Windows.

free as in beer = gratis
free as in freedom = libre

Just use whatever distro you want. If you like it, it is the right choice. Don't listen to people who say you have to install arch. They are just searching for people that can see how good at IT are they. These people are stupid. Don't be like them and feel free to use from the noobyest to the most advanced distro on the planet.

install gentoo asshole

If my audio card didnt sound like crap I'd use linux on my desktop. For now the laptop is enough

install Arch or fuck off

Attached: 1527192528617.jpg (657x635, 42K)

Listen to what said.

Attached: Pagan_Messiah.png (514x444, 404K)

Natalia is cute!
C-U-T-E!

>most people only think they need MS Office when they don't even use any of it's exclusive features
The most important exclusive feature of MS Office needed by the vast majority of people is being compatible with itself. People can't move away from it because at one point or another they will have to open other people's .docx files without fucking up the formatting.

>Arch
>Complicated