Why Apple?

Why do you guys use a Mac?

Attached: linux-mac-windows.jpg (983x368, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ipY9Z2XYC8M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like to show off and is simple to use
>muh custom linux
not everyone cares

My friend works at the apple store and gives me discounts. If I didn't own a Mac I would use me second computer, a ThinkPad with Ubuntu using the communitheme.

>it's the daily mactoddler makes a thread so he can samefag x50 and circlejerk over his gay fruit toys episode

Attached: 1515712831497.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>mactoddler
Nah
I'm a linux user that made a why windows thread
Now I wanna see why the hell anyone would pay for a mac

What?
So status?
youtu.be/ipY9Z2XYC8M

But apple is so limited and controlled
I don't get why people enjoy using overpriced under powered over restricted status symbols

friend also works at apple reseller
doesn't give me discounts, but rather tells me horror stories of people fucking up their systems in the most inconceivable ways.
I get why tech savy people tend to dislike Apple products, especially when they like to thinker with their hardware,
but this is just a small minority.

Most seem to think a Mac is some magic device which can handle everything.
So locking it down is kind of a requirement, otherwise they would fuck up even more.
Same reason why Microsoft is taking away so many options over the years.

How's it different than your 50/day Apple hate threads?

The only reason people use anything mac is for the status symbol associated with it.

But programmers buy them
and that I really don't get
You can buy a gaming laptop and install linux on it and have better hardware with a cheaper price
"But mac has ssh"

Exactly what status is it supposed to symbolize though? Because it's certainly not wealth.

Attached: 1524233170404.jpg (800x2500, 805K)

Because I want to do stuff with the computer instead of do stuff to the computer.

AESTHETIC hardware: Fischer Price OS - thats why I run Debian with windows VM on all my macs and just get shit DONE

Attached: IMG_5438.jpg (2448x2448, 1.59M)

pic related
Quit samefagging.

Attached: it just werks.jpg (487x740, 168K)

Attached: 1504095827848.jpg (1920x1080, 750K)

not wrong. For me, I couldn't care less about tinkering with my device. However the repairabiliity on macs is disgusting. Considering other options for my next machine.

No
Not same fag
Just think
Think diffrent

That sly son of a bitch made the windows phone's look line a mad man's shit

>Pay out the ass for what amounts to being able to run OSX
>Don't use OSX
You're the biggest kind of retard

>cares about repairabiliity on a disposable device
Go be poor somewhere else.

Do what?
Use a overpriced web browser
May as well get a chrome book

OP here
I love you

>>doesn't cares about repairabiliity on a $3000 device
Go be mactoddler somewhere else.

>Pay for a over priced linux rip off
Yeah, he's the idiot

See

Linus would slap you like a like a little bitch if he heard your drivel

Linux on macbook air is SEX, shit i dont even dual boot my 256gb ssd is just grub / debian / swap

Attached: skitched-20120424-122922.jpg (619x442, 47K)

I would assume the hate threads stem from the frustration that none of the adblocker add-ons pick up Apple ads in the form of a new anonymous thread. Unless there's also someone paying people to make hate threads. It's perfectly possible.

What is even the point? Why buy a Mac other than to run OS X?

For the great keyboard? Used to be true, but the new ones are defeated by a mote of dust.
For the actually usable trackpad? Again, used to be true. Then PCs got better ones and Apple decided to make theirs worse.
For the great screen? This is a valid point, Mac screens are beautiful, but you can get good screens in PC laptops too.
For the build quality? Watch a few Rossmann videos and come back and talk about build quality.

>Everyone I disagree with is the same person

>fagos

Attached: 1515366088715.jpg (857x856, 179K)

Linus doesn't use Macs. His current computer is an XPS 13. The picture you posted is like a decade old.

I one day too wish to put linux on a mac trips of god

Obviously mac air is easy to cary

a lot of parts are glued together
which makes it look seamless on the outside, but yes, horrible to repair.
And now that they solder in parts, you can't even upgrade.
I'd recommend getting some business model. Dell or Thinkpad are probably a good investment

My 2008 dell laptop still works fine, though I had to replace the battery and a fan.
No need for repair service, because they use standard parts and screws.

Also added an ssd.
No need to buy an apple adapter, for an internal device non the less, or, like now, soldering.

see

The trackpad, honestly. I don't want to be using a mouse when I'm using a laptop, and I never felt like I needed one when I'm using a macbook. Also it's fun to try out new operating systems for me, and os x is a pretty good compromise between the linux environment and support/usability
It's not actually mine though, I don't think I'd use one of I had to actually pay for it.

We should all thank Linus for his dedication to providing a vim launcher for the developing world. Thank you Linus, and God bless!

Tushe
I got no clue then

Fuck it, i'm going for the Thinkpad meme

Because we love the taste of dick.

So is my Thinkpad X230 and it's five generations behind the newest model. It's [$current_year], we are already past the "it's too thick and heavy to be carried" era. Unless you go out of your way and buy a 17" gaming laptop, but those are pretty much meant to be moved from one desk to another, not used on the move. If you can't travel with a normal laptop then you most likely have some kind of muscle disease.

seeSame name too budy

Windows is the taste of dick
Mac is being a ass slave

Wrong.

Attached: 1525449024211.png (1055x1012, 657K)

love you to OP
On top of my Debian iMAC and MBA i also have an OLD macbook G4 rocking Debian PPC and it is ludicrously comfy

Linux is practicaly required on older macs as Leopard is hilariously outdated and Insecure. Still got a soft spot for snow leopard as its the only MAC OS i ever used and liked before i went FULL NIX. Yep snow leopard was peak comfy and peak apple IMHO

Attached: lubuntu_1310_powerbook.jpg (1024x768, 296K)

>Tushe

Attached: 1519515678065.png (540x545, 267K)

So are many PC laptops that cost far less.

I'm using a 12" 3 pound HP laptop that gets around 10 hours battery life. I got it for $200. It would be nice if it was even lighter, but I couldn't find that for a similar price point. I wanted a light, cheap, fairly durable laptop that can handle basic tasks, and this fills that requirement. The trackpad is okay and there's a toushcreen too. The keyboard doesn't have a lot of key travel but is still pretty great to type on. Screen is kinda shit but whatever, it's a $200 laptop and it does what I need; at least it's bright.

I'm not saying it's a good laptop for everyone. I wanted cheap and light, not powerful. It has a Celeron N3350 CPU that doesn't even need a fan or vents, and doesn't throttle under full load. I have a desktop when I need power.

Why work gave me one.

>reading

Just works ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attached: screen_shot_2018_05__JOUQQ.jpg (5120x2880, 872K)

i use a mac cause my highscool required me to have one

(this was 6+ years ago im not underage, the thing still works fine but charges a bit inconsistently)

Mac isn't an acronym you dumb faggot.

Spam is spam.

But macOS is just BSD with a shell.

> Mac isn't an acronym

My
Aestheic
Curve

Well I am making it one. ;P

Who the fuck are you and why did you take my name?

No, it's a recursive acronym.
MAC Ain't a Computer
>What's a computer?

The one I have has some hardware I like that you ain't getting anywhere else. Add to that, I need to support macOS and iOS anyway, :le shrug:

A fool and his money are soon parted

Who the fuck are you and why did you take my name?

Fuck you
I'm OP and I love niggers in Afirca

>i love niggers
>goes to africa to exterminate niggers
rly maed me think

Of course you would.

Moo the muck are moo and my did moo make my mame?

Nazi the nazi are you and nazi did you nazi my nazi?

topkek

I did nazi that coming.

So I don't have to deal with hackintoshing, plus Apple makes the best AIOs

Sup, Brainlet here.

I’ve been a macfag for near 20 years, and always hated windows. I love MacOS, particularly what it’s like currently. It all works so damn well.

But since they’ve cucked all the end users by crippling their machines and my 2011 just died hard, I’m very seriously looking at windows machines for the first time, and very pleased by what I’m finding. Looks like I’ll be building a desktop at some point, and there are several lust worthy laptops out there r/n

TBQH, I’m way the fuck lost with making the switch to windoze for all the stuff I do (music, video editing, internet use, pirating, and daily driving). Shit like security, optimization, alternate apps on the windows side, fixing software when it breaks is all stuff that I’ve had to pay only minimal attention to.

Could use some guidance for an ignorant lad such as myself, but I know better than to come here, Jow Forums is a pack of wild autistic beasts, lol

How does one become a Skillful enough windows user without going full programmer? How do I make a dope machine that can do what I need, and avoid unnecessary bloat?

My almonds are tingling, Jow Forums. Is this the dawn of a new era?

Was your Mac a laptop or desktop?

Laptop. 17” MBP, quad core that I had updated with le 16GB & 1TB SSD. Loved that thing

F

i got it for free, it was given to me by a cousing who is a macfag and changes his laptop every year or so. osx shat itself after some time, i put opensuse on it and never looked back

Thnx Bruh. Fuckin GPU took a dump while I was working on a track, cause apple makes shit designs.

Anyone know of a rock solid hackintosh “golden build” that can handle moderate to heavy audio production demands and do some video editing?

Or should I just bite the bullet & go windows?

this is why you go tripfag mode op

Buy a 2012 Mac Pro or MacBook Pro and upgrade it. It'll be very comparable to anything newer. OTOH Apple is far down their path of destruction so it might be a good time to lrn2windows.

Find something with windows 7. There's a reason why more people still use it after Microsoft gave out their upgrade for free .

That's terrible advice.

Using 10 is bad advice too.

Good advice. I’ll have to go over the essential apps I must use and see what’s compatible. I’m guessing this is about stability? What about audio drivers? I heard Microsoft made native audio drivers for Win10 instead of having to use Asio4All. Know anything about that?

I actually did something similar to this. I’m a poorfag at the moment, so I got a 2010 core 2 duo 2.4 white unibody MacBook. Gonna put my SSD & 16GB RAM into it for now, but it’s just a placeholder until I can afford a better machine. Seems like windows is where it’s at for bang for the buck. All the 2012s share the same gpu heat issues that the 2011s did, so it’s only a matter of time till you start getting kernel panics & then gpu failure. Literally the last generations of upgradeable MacBook pros all have this issue.

I’ve considered getting a 2012 quad Mac mini and upgrading that tho. Wonder if you could use it with an egpu?

No, it's not, not if you're learning from scratch.
>i need to learn to drive a car
>so i'll start with a horse and buggy

Kek

>I like to show off and is simple to use

This might be one of the big reasons why the iPhone and MacBooks became so big, i bet if people could show off their desktop the Mac desktop would be more way more popular.

Everything is very fluid and intuitive, and i still have access to a terminal. As far as touchpads go nobody does gestures like Apple does. And Apple has great software for content creation. If I'm on Apple hardware I'm using MacOS, If not I prefer Linux and I still prefer Linux generally, but every time I use a MacBook touchpad it just gives me this feeling of tight but fluid control that I really enjoy. I just like the customizability and freedoms of using Linux.

Attached: 631b9c09-8b79-4a5f-9699-0e2500b88a8b.png (540x688, 296K)

I'm fine with change. I actually rather like the new start menu tiles. I have a touchscreen on this laptop so I set it to fullscreen and filled it with tiles for all my most used programs, along with a nice weather forecast tile.

What I have a problem with is the random bugs that Microsoft seemingly has no intention of ever fixing. For instance, sometimes when I open a program it shows up behind another program. This happens most with a win32/64 app appearing behind a modern/metro app. Attempting to focus the window doesn't help: it's already focused. To bring it to the front I have to focus a different window and then focus that one.

Yeah, it's a little thing but there's plenty of other little things too, and that adds up to an inferior experience. The whole thing just feels unfinished, despite going on 3 years since initial release.

Bumping for kicks

Attached: 7BC641AC-F2B1-415E-BE91-B1406B58AB66.jpg (587x720, 117K)

we don't, they're overpriced for what they are and the pricing is even worse on the used stuff. mac owners have no concept of what the machine specs and believe a ten year old mac will sell for eighty percent it's original price

I got a MBPr as a gift. Multitouch gestures are top comfy.

> Yeah, it's a little thing but there's plenty of other little things too, and that adds up to an inferior experience. The whole thing just feels unfinished, despite going on 3 years since initial release.
I’ve had my ups and downs with 10 too but it’s different enough that you’d be almost doubling your learning curve starting from zero. Not to mention pointing out the significant improvements Microsoft has made and continues to make in areas Windows used to be quite weak. There’s also hardware support. If he’s going to buy old hardware he might as well get another old Mac.

This. Best trackpad. Magic Mouse is a dream

How are you finding the keyboard? I assume you have the 13" right?

like linux without the autism

The stupidly small arrow keys are my biggest complain. That and the fact that media keys always open iTunes and can't be configured to not doing it.
The keyboard feels like the same chiclet shit that most laptops have, but at least the paint on the keys don't disappear with the time and use.
I have the 2015 model by the way.

>2015

Oh shit, I thought you meant a recent gift. A chick I was fucking had one, it was the comfiest machine ever. Until she spilled a whole drink inside it.

2014*
I should go to sleep.
I don't like the new models because of the touch bar and the lack of non-USB C ports. I wish apple would work harder on the Mac division. I haven't upgraded to high sierra because of all the criticism it had.
>Until she spilled a whole drink inside it.
lol what a retard.

> fucking
Normie

Stupid normalfag.

Ironically it spilled while she was cleaning it. It was an alcoholic drink, can't remember at all what, rum I think. Yeah rum.

Boo hoo
Jow ForumsIncelFaggotLosers

>like linux except with extreme autism
Fixed for reality.
Linux is for professionals and developers.
Mac is for literal autistic manchildren.

Attached: 1508041197647.jpg (996x954, 299K)

>use OS X
>have Office
>have AutoCAD
>have Photoshop
>have etc. commercial software
>have consistent UI
>also have everything Linux has
or
>use Linux
>have everything Linux has

Incel site, faggot.