$4499.00aud for a fucking monitor

>$4499.00aud for a fucking monitor
ple.com.au/Products/632310/ASUS-ROG-Swift-PG27UQ-27-4K-G-SYNC-144Hz-4MS-IPS-LED-Gaming-Monitor
This is just getting stupid

a fucking 55"+ Oled tv is cheaper

The fuck is going on here? Suppliers raping us or what?

Attached: file.png (960x1160, 655K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB281HK-bmiprz-3840x2160/dp/B01N34Q6CI/
amazon.com/PG258Q-G-SYNC-eSports-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B06WRP3F5S
amazon.com/dp/B01N34Q6CI/
amazon.com/dp/B018MYTF4W/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>omgje i can't believe this market-first product debut is expensive?????

Its called the bleeding edge you retarded cunt. Nothing brand new and never made in massive quantities before is cheap. Fucking retarded children who don't know how the world works need to get off my board.

it's $1999 in the US

>4K at 144Hz
Because your shitty 1060 can run that

>$4499.00aud
How much is that in real money?

Type it in google
This how the fuck do suppliers here think they can get away with literally changing double
Gonna import my next system
Your shit 1080ti can't either
And yet I can go down to jbhifi and literally buy two LG oled 55" 4k TV's for the same price
Get fucked

about $3400 USD

>4k
>G-sync
>144hz

It has literally all of the most expensive meme technologies possible. And anyone who buys this shit is fucking stupid. Buying 4k 27" monitor for gayming is beyond being retarded.
People who actually gayme don't need monitor with resolution higher than 1080p, in fact getting anything with higher res is a downside as it get's harder to push frames.
People who don't gayme gain nothing by buying 144Hz monitors.

The only people who will buy this are going to be children of rich people and well off manchildren obsessed with specs.

I want all of the specs this monitor has, but at 1440p

Then why are they charging 1400usd over retail? They are 1999usd

It's in kangaroo bux

I'm pretty sure there is plenty of 1440p 144Hz monitors around already.

Not with 384 FALD and HDR

1) 27", tiny pixels are expensive
2) 144hz
3) LE GAYMAN G-SYNC IPS

those are pretty big bezels for todays standards

But it's a gaming monitor, user.
Don't you like games?

no im gaming on this ancient pos at 1920x1200x60hz
unlock fps isnt that bad but 60fps is a boon

Attached: file.png (400x480, 101K)

its not common office grade / enterprise hardware so has extra australia tax on top, plus conversion rate plus gst.

>10-bit monitor
>DCI-P3
>144Hz
>DisplayHDR 1000
>4K
>G-Sync

Just rob a store mate.

So you're paying like $2000 more than a 4k OLED TV for 144hz and g-sync?

>Remove gsync
>Add freesync
I found the easiest way to drop the price to 800$

In oz everything tries to kill you, even the jews.

>And yet I can go down to jbhifi and literally buy two LG oled 55" 4k TV's for the same price

wtf I love 1500 ms delays now?

Freesync is a good way to not sell monitors because AMD cards have been in short supply for a couple years at least. Also even budget builds aren't using AMD anymore because you're better off with a 1060.

>27" 4k
Maybe my eyes are fucked, but how the fuck is this more practical than something like 1440p?I can't even tell pixels apart now, what am I supposed to do with 4K?

>maybe if I just lie people will believe me!
Rtings tested it. It's 20ms in game mode which is perfectly acceptable on a 4k panel with approaching 0ms color response

>$5k
>IPS

Attached: 14594832054792.png (657x527, 1015K)

>144Hz-4MS-IPS-LED

Exactly how do they do this shit? 144Hz and IPS panel I mean.

If it was OLED I would have bought it.

4k at that size allows smoother edges, so less jaggies, even if you dont use AA.

>G-Sync

Found your problem.

>FALD
>HDR
all pointless on IPS

Attached: .png (412x611, 72K)

Then give it to me on a 1440p VA, i don't give a fuck about the IPS aspect.

>This how the fuck do suppliers here think they can get away with literally changing double

because your currency is worthless?

>27"
>4K

Attached: 1510711239920s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I'm using it right now. What's the issue?

enjoy your 150% GUI scaling to make it 1440p equivalent.

Oh no. How will I ever handle the crystal clear text.

Why not just buy a 1440p panel for half the cost.

I like the text. I program and shitpost all day. It's the first thing anyone notices with display scaling.

Assuming you sit at the visual acuity difference the 1440p and 4k panel will look identical for text.

The 4k will just have higher pixel density, and thus will look better closer up.

But at far enough view distance, it wouldnt matter.

For 1440p 27" that's somewhere around 34 inches.

the retarded scaling you'll complain your os is incapable of

4k dollaridoos

If you say so. I can tell you the difference is obvious. I invite you to take a look sometime.

It actually works fine on Mac OS.

>4K
>27"

Attached: but why.jpg (520x403, 83K)

Its 4k 144hz gsync IPS.

What did you expect the price to be?

Maybe for your shitty eyes. I can tell the difference between 4K and 1440 from halfway across a room.

>on Mac OS.
but that's gay

Not 4 times the cost of the most expensive 27" 4k IPS G-sync monitor.

just get the 1440p version for $979

*@60FPS not 144

>how the fuck do suppliers here think they can get away with literally changing double

Well let us see. European licensing fees, European import taxes, European compliance testing, European regulation fees, European green space initiative fees, European child labor protection exploitation act fees, and oh yeah VAT is included.

>4k
>high refresh rate too
>g-sync compatible

that's why

get lower hz or lower res and higher hz

1440p on 27" is fucking fine

assuming 20/20 vision and a 27" 4k and 27" 1440p, they'll look identical after ~3 feet.

>can earn $39/hour in retail on Sundays
>complain about expensive items

Why do people complain about pricing for the most top of the line monitor available?

Something you need like $2000+ of GPU power to even use properly.

It's like if intel decided to make i7 with their failed 10nm wafers. 6 cores would cost like $1000 to recoup all that research cost. Instead, they opted to sell dual cores instead because poorfags are more likely to buy them.

T-t-thanks intel?

Find another 4k 144hz ips monitor for cheaper then

You can pretty easy, but not one with HDR and g-sync together.

>You can pretty easy
name one

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-XB281HK-bmiprz-3840x2160/dp/B01N34Q6CI/

That's not IPS, and it's not 144hz, it's 60hz.

It has G-sync, but only 60hz maximum refresh rate.

Listen you piece of shit. It is 144hz and ips. Read the fucking reviews. Or just continue to derp. Not my fault Amazon doesn't list the shit properly.

fuck off

Attached: 2018-05-25 00_48_37.png (1198x647, 24K)

why are americans this fucking stupid? are you guys legitimately illiterate? what the fuck do european laws have to do with australian prices?

Because you follow their laws to accord. You do have VAT, right? You know that much I'm sure.

I know this shit is difficult for you. But they have different part numbers, so believe what you will I'm done.

Attached: Capture.png (1742x1009, 302K)

Did you miss nap time?

Continue fucking off

Attached: 2018-05-25 00_56_46.png (1233x653, 29K)

Oh and now you post one that says IPS.

So you agree now that at very least it is IPS?

We will debate 60hz vs 144hz in a second. But for now we both agree it is IPS, yes?

>And yet I can go down to jbhifi and literally buy two LG oled 55" 4k TV's for the same price
Get fucked
>durrr look I can go buy some oled TVs which have been manufactured for a long time for the price of this brand new 4K HDR 144Hz G-Sync monitor that's just been released with no comparable thing next to it

So, retarded negroid, what the fuck is your point? Sony's first 4K TV, the XBR-84X900 cost $25,000. Twenty-five thousand dollars. Cunt they don't even have any TV in their entire range that costs even half that anymore. You have no fucking understanding of anything in the tech industry. Fuck off back to /v/.

Nigger... are you retarded?
There is no debate. You linked the TN panel on amazon with that link, if you wanna claim you meant the IPS panel, fine, but it's still fucking 60hz you dumb nigger faggot.

>People who actually gayme don't need monitor with resolution higher than 1080p
>f-fuck 1440p, real gaymurs like me just need 1080p!!

Jesus fucking Christ, imagine being THIS butthurt about your poverty

>You linked the TN panel on amazon with that link

The link did not specify whether TN or IPS.
But whatever okay it is an IPS.

Now the question is can it do 144hz?

>4ms
>gaming

Attached: 1526886845729.png (1027x563, 571K)

There is no question, no it cannot.

This is a troll.

Found one dude that got it to 95hz. Okay I give up 144hz seems impossible.

Different user here, the first monitor you posted was TN. You posted a different monitor. The monitor you posted initially has a 1ms response time and a TN panel and the one you're now talking about has a 4ms response time and an IPS panel.

And they're both definitely 60Hz.

It's not a debate, these are verifiable facts. Eat shit.

No shit, which is why everyone is waiting on this panel, and the Acer Predator X27 also priced at $1999.

They're the first 4k 144hz panels, period. They also happen to have HDR and Gsync.

The amazon link had both. They combine all their reviews. There are only like 30 reviews for the proper monitor.

amazon.com/PG258Q-G-SYNC-eSports-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B06WRP3F5S

This is a gaming monitor.

Attached: 8209481.jpg (1179x774, 606K)

>The amazon link had both

You posted the link that lead to this monitor
amazon.com/dp/B01N34Q6CI/

You should have posted this link instead
amazon.com/dp/B018MYTF4W/

Learn2amazon

Of course it's pointless. IPS is shit tech that peaked two decades ago and IPS variants now are just cheap economy shit designed to reduce costs on components in exchange for quality. The best part is PC-only monkeys go on about MUH COLOR ACCURACY when VA TVs left PC monitors in the dust 6 years ago.

>IPS viewing angle: 36 deg
>VA viewing angle: 20 deg

>IPS contrast: ~1000:1
>VA contrast: >3000:1

>IPS blacks: poor
>VA blacks: good

Why aren't there VA monitors? It seems like a wider viewing angle is better suited for televisions.

There are plenty of VA monitors, IPS is more popular though, and TN is more popular for gaymers.

gaymurs should be milked as much as they can
they deserve it

Because of your Australian protectionist tariffs.
What are you even trying to protect?
There is no fuckin Australian electronics industry.

1080p in the current year is kind of sad no matter the ridiculous refresh rate

>27", tiny pixels are expensive
no, they are not. Just look at ASUS's other offerings to verify this all by yourself, my 4k IPS Asus monitors cost me $420 each. They are not g-sync, not even freesync - and they are 60 Hz. It's 2018 not 2008, there's nothing very special about 4k at 27".

if you want to game then you're probably better off buying a praystation or xbox and those things do have freesync support. and it's not like you're going to be rejecting a monitor that has freesync if you're looking at generic monitors and comparing one that has with one that lacks support for both freesync and gsync.

Not like it matters at 24 inches

windows is unusable in HDR

>>VA contrast: >3000:1
Hahaha

The VA panels used on TVs routinely hit 5000:1 to 6000:1 static contrast. Even on the lower end TVs, though those are more likely to have backlighting problems. With good FALD implementations on higher-end TVs that becomes 6000:1 to 7000:1 contrast with excellent brightness uniformity since FALD is directly backlit and not edgelit. The reality is that companies don't really give a shit about PC monitors. The best option if you want a good display might be to simply set a TV several feet away from your desk and use it as a monitor

Buy it, I dare you.

no thanks i'll buy the cheaper 165hz OC version releasing in 3-6months after that one

>gaming monitor
its the retard tax

I ain't buying shit until these GPU prices go down to sane levels

I can afford this monitor but I still don't want this because 4K monitors are a meme for gaming for the time being. If this was 1440p, maybe VA and a bit cheaper, it would probably be day one purchase for me.