The power

I'm looking into what power supply I should buy, any suggestions if I'm going to do a gaming/streaming build? I don't know what the wattage should be. Is 550W enough? Or do I need to go higher, maybe get a 700W? Also, if I buy the fully modular, are all the cables just going to be in the box?

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1536, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/Slim-Power-Supply-PSU-350W-ATX-SATA-C-Tick-Computer-PC-Desktop-Tower-Case/273211787643?hash=item3f9cb1097b:g:-jAAAOSwFMZWr-zb
pcpartpicker.com/list/vjWz6s
orionpsudb.com/platforms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get a SeaSonic, and remember that it’s better to have more and not need it than to not have enough.

Seasonic or evga at least Platinum or titanium rated

Bequiet Dark Power, the grey modular Corsairs, etc. You can find PSU tier lists pretty easily. Don't go under Gold in any case. 650W should be more than enough unless you want two GPUs or some amazingly high OC.

ebay.com.au/itm/Slim-Power-Supply-PSU-350W-ATX-SATA-C-Tick-Computer-PC-Desktop-Tower-Case/273211787643?hash=item3f9cb1097b:g:-jAAAOSwFMZWr-zb
It even comes with a floopy connector!

seasonic.
what wattage depends on what gpu and cpu.
430W seasonic can power ryzen 2600 + gtx 1060 with lots of headroom.

www.pcpartpicker.com

Put your part list together and itll tell you your wattage

I just knew some kid was going to do that,

This is my first PC. I still have a lot of reading to do, and more headaches are coming, but I managed to select the gpu and cpu so far. For multitasking, I chose the Ryzen over the Intel because it has more cores, the 2700x. I'll also get the Nvidia Asus GeForce ROG Strix GTX 1080.

Is 'Bequiet!' The quietest power supply brand? I'm wondering if the noise will interfere with my audio recording or if I can just filter it out somehow...

just get a passive cooled PSU if noise is an issue for you. Seasonic has some platinum rated fanless PSUs.

I have Bequiet Dark Power Pro 11 and I don't remember ever hearing it, even at full load.

>Seasonic has some platinum rated fanless PSUs.
do these eliminate coil whine at all?

pcpartpicker.com/list/vjWz6s

I'm using one and I haven't heard any coil whine from it.

s12ii 520w here.
no whine.

>I chose the Ryzen over the Intel because it has more cores
There are good reasons to choose AMD, but not this one.

>tfw I bought 520W seasonic last year
It can still support 250W GPUs right? and 65W CPU?

I have a rosewill capstone 750W that's been humming along for over 4 years now, I'm not sure if they still make them as good

More than brands, can we discuss about the electronics manufacturer?

orionpsudb.com/platforms

Here's a good start, i guess.

As you can see , many branded PSU share the same platform, from the same Hardware manufacturer.

Main hardware manufacturers are:
ATNG
CWT
Fortron (FSP)
HEC
Seasonic
Sirfa (sirtec)
Super Flower

For example, i do have a Thermaltake smart SE 630, which seems to be the 'GPM' Platform from CWT manufacturer. Same hardware as the Corsair Vs series , according to this site.
Funny thing is, i was planning to buy a Corsair 'Vs' PSU, since i have problems with my Thermaltake and my rx 470 at full power... but i'm risking to buy the exact same platform!

So which MAIN manufacturer has the best reputation of reliability ?
I've heard good things about Super Flower,(evga g3), seems to be one of the latest and most modern models.

Attached: atx-pinouts.gif (516x265, 9K)

stock pc 500w is plenty. But start OCing and wattage goes through the roof.

Best rep is Super Flower and Seasonic
Fortron is old as fuck, they mainly do OEM power supplies