Best /comfy/ distro

Installed it some time ago.

> Rolling release
> No useless configuration out of the box
> Sexy as GNOME, but more lightweight
> Fast
> Boots faster than anything else
> Lightweight on packages (out of the box around ~600)

Arch is still better though, but this experience is awesome. I love it when it works out of the box and works so well. No need for Ubuntu or Debian anymore.

Fight me Jow Forums.

Attached: solus.png (512x512, 32K)

Why fight when you you tell the truth?

When does Solus 4 come out?

Also, I'm not able to use it at the moment because it doesn't properly support the trackpad of my t480s.

fuck off kevin

Attached: fedora.jpg (612x611, 31K)

someone might like it but im not going to replace gentoo with anything

When will budgie switch to qt

oh lol

>rolling release
You kind of get tired of downloading ~1GB of updates per day after a while. I needed to download a couple of MBs worth updates after not using my PC for 2 weeks. Debian is the best distro because of that.

>Debian is the best distro because of that.
Does it even have GIMP 2.10 yet?

Solus pushes updates every friday. Usually they are 20-50MB range, sometimes 150MB when they ship a lot of updates.

You'd know this if you actually tried Solus.

they don't even know IF they will switch. they're reconsidering it

only on testing branch atm

So I just installed Solus and upgraded. After the first reboot I can log into my desktop by budgie doesn't startup properly - there's no taskbar but I can right click to get a context menu that lets me open a terminal. I can type budgie-panel --replace & to get budgie working but that only fixes the problem temporarily. What do?

Attached: main-qimg-69037f06db40f4202c71a85683e93267-c.jpg (480x464, 34K)

kevin pls

reddit pls

Gentoo is really comfy. If you want something with an installer, there's minimal Debian with Openbox.

Attached: 1523135926631.png (174x148, 12K)

>another fucking package manager fork
>this and community is the cancer that kills linix

Attached: 05.jpg (940x673, 86K)

>Rolling release
So is Debian Sid
>Fast
>Boots faster than anything else
These sound like great features but
>Arch is still better though
>No need for Ubuntu or Debian anymore.
Arch, Debian and Ubuntu combined have pretty much all the packages ever. A smart developer would make a distro which package manager can easily install Arch and/or Debian packages out of the box to make it usable. Nobody wants to gimp their distro with insufficient packages.

Temple OS

terry pls

fuckoff kevin

Buggy as fuck; future in doubt; main dev about to have a massive flame-out.

Shut up you fucking CIA nigger

>Boots faster than anything else
Have you compared it to Void Linux?

>Lightweight on packages

when do you niggers understand the number of package is useless metric? If anything, the number should be high. Do one thing well, huh? I will make a pajeet distro and put it all to one package.

Source?

Just use Manjaro if you want an easy rolling release distro

fuck off kevin

Who is Kevin?

(you)

bumping for help

It's pretty funny how fast Void boots when runit isn't even multithreaded like systemd. Shows you how shitty systemd really is as an init.

>systemd
>comfy

i have it, switched from Windows 10 to it. Boot and shutdown times are comically fast. Only thing is it runs my laptop fans up quite a bit AND it an-hero'd itself on my T61 once but i switched that to Mandingo lincucks anyway.

Systemd is still better than OpenRC

Go away kevin

Attached: 1475993930528.webm (460x258, 1.35M)

When it comes out. Why are you obsessed with version numbers?

>Arch, Debian and Ubuntu combined have pretty much all the packages ever. A smart developer would make a distro which package manager can easily install Arch and/or Debian packages out of the box to make it usable. Nobody wants to gimp their distro with insufficient packages.
this

I've encountered similar issues. Shit going this wrong is a red flag. Abandon ship.