Are they worth it?

Are they worth it?

Attached: system76-plans-major-hidpi-update-for-their-ubuntu-based-pop-os-linux-distro-519975-2.jpg (2560x1440, 715K)

Absolutely not.
Complete meme company.

No. They are catering to a niche market and as a result need to charge customers more for lesser product.

>pushed by a jew zionist
gno thx

can't speak for the hardware, but the OS is utterly useless. yet another ubuntu fork.

>can't speak for the hardware
it's clevo

set up your own system, faggot.

No. Buy your own clevo system and install Ubuntu on it if you really want a chinkshit system.

get puri.sm

No. Just buy a Clevo barebone anywhere else and set it up.

No. You can get the same thing for less elsewhere.

Where?

>Pop!_OS
It's the most retarded distro name I've ever seen. And they use it unironically. With this fucking logo.
This is all you need to know about system76.

Attached: os-logo_2560-b44ed4fc34.png (756x531, 19K)

That's 100% of all distro names and logos.

I bought a Pangolin Performance or something from them many, many years ago. It was utter shit in terms of construction. Most modern laptops work with Ubuntu out of the box now so it's not a big issue anymore.

>That's 100% of all distro names and logos.
I disagree.

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (2000x1648, 110K)

No, not at all. Scummy people scamming people.

It's more of an issue when shit moves away from x86/64. ARM is a fucking cunt with hardware compatibility and nobody's succeeded with any lowpower x86 shit yet. Actual architecture doesn't matter to a desktop/work experience anymore anyway.

I dunno what system76 has that isn't trying to poach ALIENWARE tier epeen raters with libre tend(i)encies though.

Don't care much for the OS, but the fact that they ship with linux pre-install is great. They might be catering to the linux community, but it opens the door for more companies to get those pre installs. Who cares if their expensive? The pre install alone makes me support them.

Pop! OS is a good customer service decision. Imagine getting a shitload of support calls that x isn't working. Well now you need to take into account which distro they're using then go deeper into what version and what packages were shipped in that version. Why the hell wouldn't they ship with their own ubuntu fork so they can manage it themselves and limit their support calls to only PopOS issues? You guys are shitting on it for the wrong reasons.

Attached: 1526473477666.jpg (1500x938, 96K)

Buy a DELL

Buy a Broadcom? Dell is garbage.

Attached: 1524316048963.png (1440x1938, 494K)

You can get Linux preinstalled through some normal vendors. Not mentioning any because noshill.

>You guys are shitting on it for the wrong reasons.
What do you expect from Jow Forums?

Attached: lizard.jpg (500x298, 14K)

They're good laptops for a reasonable price. If you want something not from a big brand, that comes with known Linux support, it's one of the best choices. Also, one of the only choices.

Dell comes preinstalled with ubuntu 18.04

Clevo's come with absolutely pitiful batteries, which combined with Linux's traditionally poor power management leaves you with basically unusable laptops. What's the point of a thin and light if you have to carry the powerbrick if you bring it further than the living room?

Get an xps13 DE and maybe more mainstream manufacturers will offer Linux options.

>overpriced clevo
>reasonable

>They're good laptops for a reasonable price.
No they aren't.
>If you want something not from a big brand, that comes with known Linux support, it's one of the best choices.
It absolutely isn't. Linux support on any laptop released in the last decade is flawless.
>Also, one of the only choices.
loooool

i owned one of their older laptops. its rebranded clevo/sager you can probably find the barebones for cheaper and configure to your own specs then install ubuntu. their customer service wasn't that great.
best laptop i owned but it was a desktop replacement at the time for its size

How andw here can I buy/build clevo, smartasses?